PDA

View Full Version : The Official Spiderman 3 Thread

Jimmy Jingles
02-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Here is the first look at the new Spiderman 3 teaser poster...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/cacree/spiderblackt.jpg

Please take note that this artwork is NOT in black and white...yes that is Spidey in a black costume.

LINK (http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060224f.php)

jhale667
02-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Isn't it supposed to be a night shot? I thought Venom was going to be in this one, and he's got the black costume...:confused:

blonddgirl777
02-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Holly Fuck!
I would throw myself down a building, just to have that nice peice of... rescue me!!!
And to thank him... he could "use me" however he wants...:p

POJO_Risin
02-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Okay...help me out here...

so they are going with the black costume?

Now didn't Spidey originally get that in Marval Super Hero Secret Wars?

So how the fuck is he going to get it here?

and ultimately...

doesn't that black costume turn out to be an alien...

that turns into Venom?

I think they're taking way to damn much on...

so we've got the Green Goblin returning...but...is it the bad version?...or the version that HELPS Peter Parker...if I remember correctly...in the comic book...doesn't Harry Osbourn die helping Spidey kill the HOBGOBLIN?

This movie may have to be 4 hours long...

blonddgirl777
02-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Who cares about the color of the costume...
As long as they keep THE SHAPE in it!!!!

jslav06
02-27-2006, 09:28 PM
The movie will rule. I trust it.

blonddgirl777
02-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by jslav06
The movie will rule. I trust it.

I don't know one single man or boy, that don't like Spiderman!

And now that he is no longer just a cartoon... I love him too!!! :p

jslav06
02-27-2006, 09:39 PM
I honestly never really like comics or comic book heroes and stuff, but these movies are pretty badass. I'm not gonna lie.

fret_buzz_blues
02-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Fuck, I remember when I used to be a total comic book fanatic...

jhale667
02-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by fret_buzz_blues
Fuck, I remember when I used to be a total comic book fanatic...

Same here, I've STILL got some shit stashed at the 'rents (old Spidey's & X-Men) that are worth some $$ today. I to this day get giddy like a little kid about (good) super-hero movies.

But yeah, Pojo's right, to do the story right (skipping the secret wars plotline ---but will the suit still be a symbiot?) the movie's gonna have to be looooooong. :D

POJO_Risin
02-28-2006, 12:12 AM
I just can't fathom how they incorporate the black suit...and Venom in the same movie...without connecting the two...

it will be a rip if they do...

and Stan Lee is very connected to these flicks...right?

So I can't imagine he's going to let them go TO FAR from the truth...

I could see someone creating the suit for him...

but Harry Osbourn is the real mystery to me...everyone's expecting him to be the major villian...right...as the 2nd Green Goblin...

but in the comic...when he dies...he says...something like..."You're my best friend..."

or some shit like that...I can't remember...but he helps Spidey nail the hobgoblin...

of course...the HOBGOBLIN...couldn't be in this...christ...

POJO_Risin
02-28-2006, 12:14 AM
And I STILL think that they play this movie for a fourth...

yeah...with an all new cast (which is fine by me...because nothing against the casting...but I think they could get more of a smart ass for the part than Tobey McGuire)...where they preferable get someone who's a shitload more cocky as Spidey...

the movies are good...do Spidey justice for sure...but I really think that they could have gotten a better fit...or better script for the Spidey Side of Peter Parker...

ALinChainz
02-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I think its a night shot of Spidey ...

POJO_Risin
02-28-2006, 12:19 AM
No...Sony has said he's back in black...

wearing the black suit for this movie...I haven't read all the reports...

but I'm pretty sure that they are going to have him in the black suit for a good part of the film...

but what the fuck do I know...

as I've proved here many times...

not a whole fucking lot...

jhale667
02-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Well, that makes NO sense whatsoever, then. But what do I know either? :D

Hardrock69
02-28-2006, 01:16 AM
I did not see Spidey II until it came on Pay Per View.

I felt that day it was probably one of the greatest films I had seen in the past 20 years.

manwiththedogs
02-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
I just can't fathom how they incorporate the black suit...and Venom in the same movie...without connecting the two...

but Harry Osbourn is the real mystery to me...everyone's expecting him to be the major villian...right...as the 2nd Green Goblin...

but in the comic...when he dies...he says...something like..."You're my best friend..."

or some shit like that...I can't remember...but he helps Spidey nail the hobgoblin...

Ok,
Yes, Venom will be in this one - played by Topher Grace.
The alien symbiote gets to Earth in a chunk of asteriod and bonds with Peter Parker, who gets rid of it by climbing into a bell tower and ringing the bells. The suit then bonds with Eddie Brock (Grace) who becomes Venom.
Harry Osborn turns into Goblin 2 and is killed off by the end.
Rumor is that Aunt May bites it in this one as well...
http://img30.imagevenue.com/loc261/th_07831_BlkSpider.jpg (http://img30.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc261&image=07831_BlkSpider.jpg)

Triumph
02-28-2006, 03:56 AM

Harry Osborne is the Hobgoblin; he doesn't help Spidey get him because he is him.
Hobby starts out as a villain but his friendship with Parker makes him change his heart and he actually becomes Spidey's/Parker's friend again, but he dies saving Spidey from Venom or Sandman.
Sandman is also in this, how i don't know, but Thomas Hadan Church plays the role of Sandman.
Venom is played by Topher Grace (Eric Foreman from That 70's Show).

Don't expect these movies to follow the comics as they were written; they have and will take liberties with the story to make it fresh.

Aunt May does not die in this movie, but Mary Jane does after giving birth to a little girl.

diamondD
02-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I probably stopped reading after about 1980 or so. Did Aunt May ever die in the series? Gwen Stacy will be in this movie, so they won't have to recast Mary Jane in the future.

I know the Sandman is in this one, but they've already set up the Lizard and I hear Kraven the Hunter is in the near future, if not this movie.

Sam Raimi is gonna be hard to replace as writer/director. He's knocked these out of the park so far.

Vinnie Velvet
02-28-2006, 09:11 AM
That doesn't really look like the black Spidey costume that eventually becomes Venom.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/e/ef/180px-Secretwar8.jpg

fret_buzz_blues
02-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Topher Grace is Venom? Huh...

Didn't they say something about Gwen Stacy being a character in this film? I know she dies in the comic books...

bueno bob
02-28-2006, 01:34 PM
Here's Spider-Man 3 in a nutshell:

"Bitchin'! Look at this killer new black suit!" - Peter Parker

"Fuck! This black suit won't let me sleep! Get it off of me!" - Peter Parker

"Hi! I'm Gwen Stacy!" - Gwen Stacy

"Oh shit! I'm dead!" - Gwen Stacy

"Hi! I'm That 70's Kid playing Eddie Brock, which is a complete fucking joke!" - Topher Grace

"Hi! I got the black suit! I'm Venom!" - Topher Grace

"Hi! I'm still a piss-poor excuse for Mary Jane!" - Mary Jane (Parker)

"Hi! I'm Harry Osborn! I'm the Hobgoblin, but you won't see me in the movie because I don't have time to do shit with both Venom and Sandman here!" - Harry Osborn

"Hi! I'm the Sandman!" - The Sandman

"Oh shit! I'm dead or too easily beaten!" - The Sandman

"Hi! I'm Dr. Connors! I'm STILL not the fucking Lizard!" - Dr. Connors

"Hi! I'm J. Jonah Jamison's son! I should be Man-Wolf by now - but I'm not!" - Jamison Jr.

The End.

:)

bueno bob
02-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Spider-Man 2 was a piece of shit, so I don't expect much better for 3...

jhale667
02-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Here's Spider-Man 3 in a nutshell:

"Bitchin'! Look at this killer new black suit!" - Peter Parker

"Fuck! This black suit won't let me sleep! Get it off of me!" - Peter Parker

"Hi! I'm Gwen Stacy!" - Gwen Stacy

"Oh shit! I'm dead!" - Gwen Stacy

"Hi! I'm That 70's Kid playing Eddie Brock, which is a complete fucking joke!" - Topher Grace

"Hi! I got the black suit! I'm Venom!" - Topher Grace

"Hi! I'm still a piss-poor excuse for Mary Jane!" - Mary Jane (Parker)

"Hi! I'm Harry Osborn! I'm the Hobgoblin, but you won't see me in the movie because I don't have time to do shit with both Venom and Sandman here!" - Harry Osborn

"Hi! I'm the Sandman!" - The Sandman

"Oh shit! I'm dead or too easily beaten!" - The Sandman

"Hi! I'm Dr. Connors! I'm STILL not the fucking Lizard!" - Dr. Connors

"Hi! I'm J. Jonah Jamison's son! I should be Man-Wolf by now - but I'm not!" - Jamison Jr.

The End.

:)

LMAO! :lol:

bueno bob
02-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I thought it was cool too

:D

ULTRAMAN VH
02-28-2006, 01:49 PM
Lets just hope Spiderman doe's not fall into the hat trick trap, like the Superman and Batman films. 3 is not a lucky number with super heroe sequels. Batman 3 and Superman 3 blew ass. Lets hope the webslinger can break the curse.

bueno bob
02-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Lets just hope Spiderman doe's not fall into the hat trick trap, like the Superman and Batman films. 3 is not a lucky number with super heroe sequels. Batman 3 and Superman 3 blew ass. Lets hope the webslinger can break the curse.

I don't know...I'm hopeful, but...I didn't think it was going in the right direction with Spider-Man 2...I'm hopeful, though, that 3 will be a lot better.

Seshmeister
02-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Same here, I've STILL got some shit stashed at the 'rents (old Spidey's & X-Men) that are worth some $$ today.

MAKE SURE THEY KNOW THAT!!!!

Mine gave my Spiderman #50-#350 to a charity shop....

fe_lung
02-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
I don't know...I'm hopeful, but...I didn't think it was going in the right direction with Spider-Man 2...I'm hopeful, though, that 3 will be a lot better.

See, I thought just the opposite. The first one was so over the top and shrill. I thought Dafoes Goblin was rediculous (and I'm a Dafoe fan). At least 2 had an emotional center to it.

Jimmy Jingles
02-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I heard that Mary Jane dies in this one, and Gwen Stacy (played by Ron Howard's daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard) will be Spidey's main babe.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/cacree/BryceDallasHoward_150x225.jpg

This is of course opposite from the comics, in which Gwen Stacy dies.

Vinnie Velvet
02-28-2006, 03:20 PM
I heard that Electro is the second villain in 3 alongside the Sandman, as opposed to Venom.

Peter gets the new alien, black suit, only to have it turn against him and become Venom like it does in the comics (but that won't happen until Spidey 4).

Apparently, there is a (*spoiler*), a scene at the end of 3 where we have Spidey doing his thing, swinging, etc. like he did at the end of Spider-Man I and then flys to the camera as we can see the image of Venom in spidey's eyes.

jhale667
02-28-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
MAKE SURE THEY KNOW THAT!!!!

Mine gave my Spiderman #50-#350 to a charity shop....

Oh dude, I'm already all over that...I haven't let my Mom live down throwing some of my (now valuable) comics away over a 'C' on a report card in GRADE SCHOOL....years ago I showed her a list that said some of the ones in question were worth big $ and I'm like "Feel like an asshole yet?" ;)

Everything's still stashed in plastic comic bags just like I left it....:D

bueno bob
02-28-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
I heard that Mary Jane dies in this one, and Gwen Stacy (played by Ron Howard's daughter, Bryce Dallas Howard) will be Spidey's main babe.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/cacree/BryceDallasHoward_150x225.jpg

This is of course opposite from the comics, in which Gwen Stacy dies.

Uhhhhhh....... :confused:

That would be a fucked up turn of events...

Big Troubles
02-28-2006, 09:43 PM
there wont be a 4th.

manwiththedogs
03-01-2006, 12:53 AM
:D

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 01:12 AM
It's kind of funny when you think about it...

Mary Jane Watson...played by hoot girl who had to wear a red wig...

and Gwen Stacy...played by Howard...who had to die her hair blonde...from red...

forgot about the Sandman...

I saw an interview somewhere with the dude that plays Harry Osbourn where he definitively says he won't do another Spidey movie...

I don't think Interview with a Vampire Girl will either...

I actually hope they recast the whole fucking lot...

I just don't like the Spidey casting...although the villians have been topnotch...

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 03:11 AM
Someone asked if Aunt May died in the series?

Yes...

but...

after a couple of years...sales were down...and Norman Osbourn was brought back...after Harry died...

and Norman had kidnapped Aunt May, and replaced her with some reconstruced face chick...who died...

Aunt May is now back with the living...

POJO_Risin
03-01-2006, 03:15 AM
As for the hobgoblin rumor...

I don't see it happening...although it's possible for a new angle...

my best guess here is 2-fold...

Harry didn't realize that his dad was the Green Goblin until the end of 2...

most people assume that he sees that stuff...and is going to use it against Spidey...

my guess? Harry realizes that Peter killed his Dad because he was the Green Goblin...and respects him even more for not telling him, and making him think even more ill towards his pops than he already did.

He'll then take Dad's shit, and use it...to perhaps make up for what his dad did.

Now, I COULD see Raimi take the hobgoblin route...if Harry DOESN'T want to step in his dad's shoes.

Raimi has also said...he'd do as many Spider-Man movies as they do...and this guy knows his shit...

ULTRAMAN VH
03-01-2006, 07:57 AM
I really hope they don't kill off Mary Jane. Being a fanboy that would be a tough pill to swallow. And I agree with a recast, I was not to crazy about Toby as Peter Parker. History has proven that a recast is healthy in these types of films. Batman Begins just kicked total ass. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed the Spiderman movies, but after 3 give it a rest and start with a whole new slate.

Vinnie Velvet
03-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Some of you might remember the cheesey late 1970s Spider-Man live action TV show.

But, there was also a Japanese version in 1978!

Check this out! LMAO! :D Hilarious.

Actually, I think this was better than the American version (and that's a stretch).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDh__j3h1qE&search=Spider-Man

ULTRAMAN VH
03-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Japanese cheese beats out American cheese hands down. Great find Vinnie.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-01-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't recall the American version of Spiderman having his own personal Transformer? Pretty cool.

bueno bob
03-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Some of you might remember the cheesey late 1970s Spider-Man live action TV show.

Actually, I think this was better than the American version (and that's a stretch).

I remember the American version...loved it...but only because it was miles better than The Electric Company's version of Spider-Man... :D

Wasn't aware of the Japanese version, though....lmao

bastardog
03-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

holly shit............Ultra Man dress like Spiderman with a plot like Power Rangers and monsters like Godsilla!!!

Vinnie Velvet
03-01-2006, 10:48 AM
I know.

The Japanese version in all its cheesiness, its pretty awesome!

Sadly though, none of the episodes of the 1978-1979 series is available in North America.

It was just released on DVD in a box set, but only in Japan.

Someone please alert Marvel and Stan Lee to get this series here on DVD!!

It was leagues ahead of the American series -- better effects, fight scenes, etc.

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Peter with the black suit...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/aa/Spidey3promopic.jpg/414px-Spidey3promopic.jpg

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:07 PM
pretty cool shot...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/49/Spiderman_hanging.jpg

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Flint Marko...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/67/THCSandman2.jpg

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:15 PM
also known as...The Sandman...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8b/THCSandman.jpg/800px-THCSandman.jpg

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:17 PM
James Franco...Harry Osbourne...who will assuredly die in this film...and at least initially...fight Spiderman (although it is my belief that he will end up helping spidey)...

having a pumpkin bomb thrown AT HIM! HIS DEMISE?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a6/Harrypumpkingbomb.JPG/800px-

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Now...Franco ISN'T BACK FOR A 4TH...

and Raimi has said he's not the hobgoblin nor the Green Goblin 2...

and I believe there are clips out there that are showing Osbourne and Parker fighting WITHOUT their costumes...

This is Osbourne flying a snowboard version of the glider..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/GG2.jpg

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Topher Grace, as Eddie Brock...and Brock will be portrayed as in the comics...as sort of a Peter Parkeresque character...a photographer...who blames spidey and parker for losing everything...

and he's apparently in some sort of triangle between stacy and parker...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/75/Topher_Brock.jpg

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Here's the symbiote...crawling up spidey...which ultimately gives him his "new costume."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/00sym.jpg

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
It's believed that when Parker realizes that the symbiote is alive...and trying to take him over...he uses a church bell (sound apparently effects it) to rid himself of the costume...

Brock ends up at the church asking for help killing Parker...funny request...

and guess who finds brock...

the symbiote...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/12/Sm3_wp2_1280x1024.jpg/584px-

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I have hopes that Venom could produce the best villian of them all...

I like Sandman...but the whole Venom, symbiote villian has always been one of my comic book faves...in particular since Spidey wore that black costume for a year or more...can't remember now...

after the Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars...

POJO_Risin
08-05-2006, 08:31 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f3/Spider-man3-teaser_allblack.jpg/170px-Spider-man3-teaser_allblack.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/Spidey3teaserposter.jpg/180px-Spidey3teaserposter.jpghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/Spider-man3-teaser_allred.jpg/170px-Spider-man3-teaser_allred.jpg

jhale667
08-06-2006, 01:26 AM
This is starting to look interesting...nice pics, POJO...:D

Soul Reaper
08-06-2006, 08:17 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wwe1HmFamCw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wwe1HmFamCw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Peter Parker seems to have gone emo....

does anyone think they'll do the Carnage storyline in the next film or in any of the sequels (if there is going to be more)?

ULTRAMAN VH
08-06-2006, 08:20 AM
Another top notch super hero investigation by POJOMAN. I look forward to your prowess on future movies like Ghostrider and Ironman. Any guess on who will play Tony Stark???

nosuchluck
08-06-2006, 10:24 AM
can't wait for this movie.

i think it's more about Spidey vs. Sandman and Osbourne at first and then probably Osbourne helping Spidey...

Venom, i think is being set up for 4

the pics and trailer look promising - i think it'll be way better than 2

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 01:15 PM
I agree with the last assessment...

Venom looks like a setup for the 4th film...

My thoughts on a 4th film are simple...

another trilogy (perhaps a Venom/Carnage trilogy)...not really sure...

but my guess is that we'll have a new spidey...and entirely new folk...

which is okay by me...

The_KiD
08-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Great pics PoJo...

KiD

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 01:34 PM
As for Tony Stark...

There are a slew of rumors floating around that Tom Cruise is in line to play Stark...even though he's denied it a few times...it hasn't gone away...

which...I'm sad to say...fits the character...40's...can play a drunk...that kind of deal...

wouldn't be my choice though...

Not sure where they will go with Favreau as the director. I know he wants the fans to have a ton of input...

and has a my space Iron Man discussion group...

but jesus christ...I'm a huge comic book guy...and even I THINK the people on there are fucking losers...

Favreau has said from the start that it will be an unknown to play Stark...but it's harder finding an unknown worth a damn at the right age...

Of course...there's no rule to say they are going to play stark as a midde-aged guy either...

but I'll start a new thread for that...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Don't thank me...thank the internet...

Soul Reaper
08-06-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree with the last assessment...

Venom looks like a setup for the 4th film...

My thoughts on a 4th film are simple...

another trilogy (perhaps a Venom/Carnage trilogy)...not really sure...

but my guess is that we'll have a new spidey...and entirely new folk...

which is okay by me...

I think Carnage is meant to be quite popular....don't know much about him though.....

Bob mentioned eariler (in the Sheep Pen version of this thread) that it would have to be an R rating if Carnage is going to be included.....unless they make him more 'friendly'....which would put me off.....

It does seem likely that Carnage will be in one of future films if Venom is going to be a setup for a storyline.....

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 02:22 PM
You don't have to make it an R-Rated film...only if you don't have an imagination...

The Goblin kills a slew of people in the first film...but they actually play it off well...

a good director can have mayhem...with shadows, flashaways...and quick hits...

I don't know though...we'll see...

POJO_Risin
08-06-2006, 02:25 PM
You can absolutely though focus on Venom...and not bring Carnage into it...

since you have a ton of baddies not yet mentioned...