PDA

View Full Version : Radical problem: Anarchists may target DNC with violent protests

lucky wilbury
04-09-2004, 01:14 AM
http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=3309

Radical problem: Anarchists may target DNC with violent protests
By Dave Wedge
Thursday, April 8, 2004

Wary of increasingly violent radical groups, authorities are bracing for a possible invasion of unruly party crashers at this summer's Democratic National Convention, including some underground extremists who endorse rioting and mayhem.

``What we're hearing from some groups is to direct violence at persons, including law enforcement,'' FBI spokeswoman Gail Marcinkiewicz said yesterday.

The Hub-based anarchist network BAAM has been hosting regular meetings at MIT ``to plan out resistance to the DNC.'' The group's name refers to ``the pleasant sound of authoritarianism being smashed,'' according to its Web site.

Anti-war and anti-capitalism, BAAM promotes rioting on the site, urging members to ``ALWAYS cover your face (bandanas and hats work great).'' The group also issues veiled threats against the police, the FBI, the IRS and locally based corporate giants like Fidelity, Citibank and Fleet.

``In event of war . . . attack the real enemy,'' the site states, alluding to bombing and providing addresses of Boston businesses and government agencies.

Another Hub-based anarchist cell, the Bl(A)ck Tea Society calls for ``direct actions to confront the Democratic National Convention in Boston.'' The group's rallying cry, according to their Web site is: ``No DNC: finish the american revolution.''

Increasingly violent and organized national extremist groups that could show up at the DNC - such as the Animal Liberation Front and the Earth Liberation Front - are known to wear full riot gear, lock themselves to buildings, use slingshots to shoot flames, bleach and feces and call in bomb threats.

``People are welcome to come here and express themselves, but they are not welcome to come here and destroy property or put anyone in harm's way,'' Boston police spokeswoman Mariellen Burns said.

Also in the planning stages is a march of anarchists, anti-globalization activists and other fringe groups from the DNC to the Republican National Convention in New York City, which is a month after the July 26-29 Boston event.

Hub authorities are preparing based on violent clashes at past high-security events, including the 1999 WTO riots in Seattle and the 2000 RNC and DNC in Philadelphia and Los Angeles respectively. Both 2000 conventions saw sporadic unrest and hundreds of arrests. In Philadelphia, the violence was more widespread with protesters reportedly using urine- and acid-filled Super Soaker guns on police, lighting fires and blocking traffic.

lucky wilbury
04-09-2004, 01:16 AM
"Hippies and terrorist's are the same thing" Eric Cartman

BigBadBrian
04-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
"Hippies and terrorist's are the same thing" Eric Cartman

:D

Satan
04-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Dragonshit. The reason these fools wear masks is because they aren't protestors at all, but government agents deliberately trying to discredit legitimate protestors and manipulate public opinion against free speech.

And do you suppose there would be such protests at the Democratic convention if they had a candidate who wasn't a tool of the PNAC global fascist agenda??

ELVIS
04-09-2004, 09:07 AM
"Government agents deliberately trying to discredit legitimate protestors."

Right...:rolleyes:

Jesus Christ
04-09-2004, 09:45 AM
Gregory, do ye remember what happenned upon this day, many years ago, when agents of the Jewish religious leaders infiltrated a crowd and incited them to call for My execution?

Verily, it hath happenned before :(

ELVIS
04-09-2004, 10:18 AM
Ancestors of the BCE ???

Satan
04-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Ancestors of the BCE ???

More like ancestors of the DLC, because they were pussy conformists who would rather sell out their own than offend the empire.

John Ashcroft
04-09-2004, 11:39 AM
This is some good shit...

Ralph_Nader_2K4
04-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Those Anarchists have been getting in the way far too long. I remember trying to have a rally outside the DNC (some friends and I were going to challenge DNC members about the environment) and we had a peaceful protest of about 5 Green Party members, but then those Anarchists came in starting throwing stuff around! There were about 7 of them so they outnumbered us.

Unfortunately, we had to leave. I'll have to see what I can do this time around; the only person who can take on John Kerry (besides Bush), is ME! No Anarchists!

-Ralph

Ralph_Nader_2K4
04-09-2004, 12:15 PM
Sorry, I should apologize for being so mean... I am just a bit bitter because I have to collect 15,000 signatures to get on the ballot box in Oregon. :(

-Ralph

ELVIS
04-09-2004, 12:47 PM
It would be funny if this was the real Nader...:)

BigBadBrian
04-09-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
It would be funny if this was the real Nader...:)

I think I'll write Hannity and see if he wants to register here. :gulp:

FORD
04-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I think I'll write Hannity and see if he wants to register here. :gulp:

Jesus help us all! :rolleyes:

Viking
04-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Ah, the bastard child of modern 'liberalism' is threatening to throw a tantrum at Mommy's dinner party.

I love it. :D