PDA

View Full Version : The Young Ones Vs Filthy Rich And Catflap Vs Bottom

Shaun Ponsonby
03-01-2006, 04:41 AM
The 3 most British comedy shows ever. Mindless violence, stupid, rude...brilliant. Which is the better sitcom from the comedy genius' that ARE Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson?

The Young Ones
Filthy, Rich and Catflap
Bottom

After much time of searching, I finally found Filthy, Rich and Catflap on DVD. The show that was the stepping stone between The Young Ones and Bottom, and was better (and more ridiculous) than both of them. But, apparently, its never been repeated, and my dad was starting to think it was a figment of his imagination. But, now I've finally seen it, I can say I like Filthy Rich and Catflap better than The Young Ones and Bottom

Golden AWe
03-01-2006, 07:02 AM
Mmm...I've only seen one episode of THE FILTHY RICH..., so hard to say...well, in any case the best episodes of BOTTOM are genius, as well as parts of THE YOUNG ONES.

Mr Badguy
03-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Well, I`m a big fan of all three.

I grew up with "The Young Ones" and it was one of those shows that everyone gathered around the telly to watch.

However, it`s a bit dated now, with all the jokes about Thatcher and Alexie Sayle`s communist Russian stuff having no relevence to people who can`t remember that stuff.

"Filthy, Rich and Catflap" I remember being disappointed with when it was first shown. I got it recently on DVD and found it a bit more enjoyable although it has also aged badly.

"Bottom" is fantastic and really, really funny. It probably doesn`t get the recognition it deserves as one of the all time classic comedies. Also there is little topical humour in it so it`s still pretty freash. It gets my vote.

One of the great things about Mayall/Edmonson is that their series always go out on top and never beat an idea to death.

Shaun Ponsonby
03-02-2006, 05:15 AM
I wonder who the homosexual is...

Hardrock69
03-02-2006, 10:32 AM
4moreyears??
:confused:

I am a Young Ones fan...my fave episode is (what else) the one where they run home to their flat only to find Motorhead performing Ace Of Spades in their parlour...
:cool:

Mr Badguy
03-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
4moreyears??

I am a Young Ones fan...my fave episode is (what else) the one where they run home to their flat only to find Motorhead performing Ace Of Spades in their parlour...

Yeah!

That was my first Heavy Metal experience.

From that moment on I KNEW what I wanted to do.

Sleeper Cell
03-02-2006, 11:09 AM
young ones rock ass

Hardrock69
03-02-2006, 03:10 PM
As do "Bad News"!

Shaun Ponsonby
03-03-2006, 02:08 PM
"I'm Phil Carin, guitarist in Def Leppard, and I think they're shit."

Shaun Ponsonby
03-03-2006, 02:11 PM

Yup, it has to be agreed, "Bambi" is one of the greatest 30 minutes in TV history.

"Ha! That's cos its not a ferret, its a pig"

ELVIS
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
It's a pig-ferret!

http://www.msdivine.net/theyoungones/drunkint1.jpg

:elvis:

Shaun Ponsonby
03-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Indeed...

flappo
03-03-2006, 03:00 PM
my fave subject

my username 'flappo' is actually a shortened version of edwardoatflappo , eddie's nick name in ep 2 of fr&c

my all time fave 3 tissue fantasy

flappo
03-03-2006, 03:03 PM
filthy rich is joyously anarchic

it's ben elton and the guys at full pelt

bottom had it's moments , but it's just fr&c mk 2

my all time fave ep featuring rik and ade is the seminal ' MR JOLLY LIVES NEXT DOOR ' from the comic strip

it's on the boxed set

features Nicholas Parsons and Peter Cook

it is FAAAAAAKIN hilarious

:D

flappo
03-03-2006, 03:04 PM
a VERY drunken tribute

http://homepage.mac.com/edwardocatflappo/PhotoAlbum3.html

ELVIS
03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/edwardocatflappo/.Pictures/more%20pics/pope.jpg

jhale667
03-03-2006, 05:20 PM
Gotta love the Young Ones...Especially Vivian and SPG...

"I'm a pacifist, you know."

"Really? I'm Norweigian!"

Julius
03-04-2006, 11:38 PM
4moreyears??

That eppy was fookin ace.

The college quiz show ep was neat too.

tjvhou812
03-06-2006, 01:34 AM
the young ones Neil

Shaun Ponsonby
03-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Julius
That eppy was fookin ace.

The college quiz show ep was neat too.

Same episode.