PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi soldier to run for congress

Steve Savicki
03-01-2006, 02:57 PM
http://www.duckworthforcongress.com/cms/

ELVIS
03-01-2006, 05:37 PM
She was a US Army National Guard officer, idiot...

ELVIS
03-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Maybe I understood you wrong...

You're still an idiot...:D

diamondD
03-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Steve, ever think of posting something besides links? Dave's dick has already claimed that spot.

Unchainme
03-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Steve Just leave and go back to the harry Potter Boards 'Kay. No Trolls needed in this forum.

BTW I have reason to believe that savicki is auctually 4morequeers too.

Nickdfresh
03-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Welcome, I'm Tammy Duckworth and I'm proud to be running for the United States Congress representing Illinois' Sixth District.

As a 14-year Reserve and Guard Soldier and Supervisor for Rotary International, I have built my life and my career upon serving my country and my community. I would be honored to continue my career serving the families of the Sixth District.

I believe America is a fundamentally strong and great nation with an important role to play in the world and I am positive and optimistic about what the future can hold for us. However, as a nation we are currently faced with significant challenges, many of which directly affect the families in this community, and it is time to make some tough choices.

We need people in Congress who are not afraid to make difficult decisions when it comes to providing affordable healthcare, creating good jobs in growing industries and ensuring a quality of education that prepares our youth and our workers for the new globalized economy.

We also need people in Congress who represent the generations of young Americans whose lives are directly affected by the foreign policy decisions of the U.S. government. It is critical that we do a better job of understanding how to use this nation's tremendous military power in ways that reflect the essential decency and morality of ordinary Americans…of the people who live in the Sixth District.

I can make the tough choices, and I believe I can faithfully represent the people of Illinois' Sixth District. I am proud to serve my country in the military and I would be proud to serve the people of the Sixth District in Congress.

Sincerely,
http://www.duckworthforcongress.com/cms/images/stories/duckworth_sig.gif

Nickdfresh
03-01-2006, 10:30 PM
BTW, she had her legs blown-off while flying a chopper in IRAQ...

FORD
03-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
BTW, she had her legs blown-off while flying a chopper in IRAQ...

So the Swift Boat Liars can assault her patriotism just like they did Max Cleland, right? :(

I've heard good things about her, and also about her primary opponent, whose name I can't think of at the moment. I hope the DLC stays the Hell out of this one and let the primary proceed as normal.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
She's totally expoliting this war for her own personal ambitions. Just like Max Cleland.

ELVIS
03-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh, c'mon...:rolleyes:

Steve Savicki
03-02-2006, 03:33 AM
Okay it should've been worded as ex-US soldier from Iraq.

Sorry, I can see how that could've caused confusion.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
Oh, c'mon...:rolleyes:

Well, really, what does she bring to the table? Does she understand economics? Does she understand urban development? Does she understand the concepts and philosophies of Strauss?

No. All she brings is "I've served my country". As if that were any criteria to run for public ofice???

Did W. complete his term in the Mational Guard? No. And look where is he is today. I'm telling you, serving your country is over-rated and a waste of time. And quite likely limbs.

ELVIS
03-02-2006, 10:22 AM
You sound drunk...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You sound drunk...

It IS Mardi Gras.

scamper
03-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Does she understand economics? Does she understand urban development? Does she understand the concepts and philosophies of Strauss?

Does George Bush?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by scamper
Does George Bush?

Oh, come on, he's The President. Whether or not he does, he deserves our unblinking support.

Besides, he has had and has people around him to do that for him: Wolfowitz and Cheney, to remodel the globe and maintain this great land of ours as the one superpower in the world.

John Ashcroft, to understand constitutional rights, and how to remodel them so our liberties won't be trampled by our freedoms.

Condoleeza Rice, Michael Brown, and Chertoff to understand and react to imminent dangers, whether they be natural or otherwsie.

John Bolton, to destroy the outmoded, useless United Nations.

These people protect us at every turn. say we should all get up from our desks right now and GIVE THEM ALL A BIG STANDING OVATION.

Hold on a second...

Okay. I just gave them mine. Your turn.