View Full Version : Video shows Bush got explicit Katrina warning

DLR'sCock
03-01-2006, 08:14 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11627394/?GT1=7850

Video shows Bush got explicit Katrina warning
President, Chertoff were clearly told of storm’s dangers numerous times
NBC VIDEO

• Bush was warned before Katrina struck
March 1: Video from The Associated Press shows federal disaster officials warning President Bush before Hurricane Katrina struck that the storm surge could breach New Orleans' levees. NBC's Lisa Myers reports.
Nightly News

Updated: 8:09 p.m. ET March 1, 2006
WASHINGTON - In dramatic and sometimes agonizing terms, federal disaster officials warned President Bush and his homeland security chief before Hurricane Katrina struck that the storm could breach levees, put lives at risk in New Orleans’ Superdome and overwhelm rescuers, according to confidential video footage.

Bush didn’t ask a single question during the final briefing before Katrina struck on Aug. 29, but he assured soon-to-be-battered state officials: “We are fully prepared.”

The footage — along with seven days of transcripts of briefings obtained by The Associated Press — show in excruciating detail that while federal officials anticipated the tragedy that unfolded in New Orleans and elsewhere along the Gulf Coast, they were fatally slow to realize they had not mustered enough resources to deal with the unprecedented disaster.

Linked by video, Bush’s confidence on Aug. 28 starkly contrasts with the dire warnings his disaster chief and a cacophony of federal, state and local officials provided during the four days before the storm.

Brown’s fears voiced
A top hurricane expert voiced “grave concerns” about the levees and then-Federal Emergency Management Agency chief Michael Brown told the president and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff that he feared there weren’t enough disaster teams to help evacuees at the Superdome.

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin, a critic of the administration’s Katrina response, said, “You know, from this tape it looks like everybody was fully aware.”

Some of the footage and transcripts from briefings on Aug. 25-31 conflict with the defenses that federal, state and local officials have made in trying to deflect blame and minimize the political fallout from the failed Katrina response:

Homeland Security officials have said the “fog of war” blinded them early on to the magnitude of the disaster. But the video and transcripts show federal and local officials discussed threats clearly, reviewed long-made plans and understood Katrina would wreak devastation of historic proportions. “I’m sure it will be the top 10 or 15 when all is said and done,” the National Hurricane Center’s Max Mayfield warned the day Katrina lashed the Gulf Coast.

“I don’t buy the ‘fog of war’ defense,” Brown told the AP in an interview Wednesday. “It was a fog of bureaucracy.”

Bush declared four days after the storm, “I don’t think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees” that gushed deadly floodwaters into New Orleans. But the transcripts and video show there was plenty of talk about that possibility — and Bush was worried too.
White House deputy chief of staff Joe Hagin, Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco and Brown discussed fears of a levee breach the day the storm hit.

“I talked to the president twice today, once in Crawford and then again on Air Force One,” Brown said. “He’s obviously watching the television a lot, and he had some questions about the Dome, he’s asking questions about reports of breaches.”

Louisiana officials angrily blamed the federal government for not being prepared, but the transcripts show they were still praising FEMA as the storm roared toward the Gulf Coast and even two days afterward. “I think a lot of the planning FEMA has done with us the past year has really paid off,” Col. Jeff Smith, Louisiana’s emergency preparedness deputy director, said during the Aug. 28 briefing.
It wasn’t long before Smith and other state officials sounded overwhelmed.

“We appreciate everything that you all are doing for us, and all I would ask is that you realize that what’s going on and the sense of urgency needs to be ratcheted up,” Smith said Aug. 30.

Pleas for help in Mississippi
Mississippi begged for more attention in that same briefing.

“We know that there are tens or hundreds of thousands of people in Louisiana that need to be rescued, but we would just ask you, we desperately need to get our share of assets because we’ll have people dying — not because of water coming up, but because we can’t get them medical treatment in our affected counties,” said a Mississippi state official whose name was not mentioned on the tape.

Video footage of the Aug. 28 briefing, the final one before Katrina struck, showed an intense Brown voicing concerns from the government’s disaster operation center and imploring colleagues to do whatever was necessary to help victims.

“We’re going to need everything that we can possibly muster, not only in this state and in the region, but the nation, to respond to this event,” Brown warned. He called the storm “a bad one, a big one” and implored federal agencies to cut through red tape to help people, bending rules if necessary.

Brown: ‘Just let them yell at me’
“Go ahead and do it,” Brown said. “I’ll figure out some way to justify it. ... Just let them yell at me.”

Bush appeared from a narrow, windowless room at his vacation ranch in Texas, with his elbows on a table. Hagin was sitting alongside him. Neither asked questions in the Aug. 28 briefing.

“I want to assure the folks at the state level that we are fully prepared to not only help you during the storm, but we will move in whatever resources and assets we have at our disposal after the storm,” the president said.

A relaxed Chertoff, sporting a polo shirt, weighed in from Washington at Homeland Security’s operations center. He would later fly to Atlanta, outside of Katrina’s reach, for a bird flu event.

Missed opportunity seen on tape
One snippet captures a missed opportunity on Aug. 28 for the government to have dispatched active-duty military troops to the region to augment the National Guard.

Chertoff: “Are there any DOD assets that might be available? Have we reached out to them?”

Brown: “We have DOD assets over here at EOC (emergency operations center). They are fully engaged. And we are having those discussions with them now.”

Chertoff: “Good job.”

In fact, active duty troops weren’t dispatched until days after the storm. And many states’ National Guards had yet to be deployed to the region despite offers of assistance, and it took days before the Pentagon deployed active-duty personnel to help overwhelmed Guardsmen.

The National Hurricane Center’s Mayfield told the final briefing before Katrina struck that storm models predicted minimal flooding inside New Orleans during the hurricane but he expressed concerns that counterclockwise winds and storm surges afterward could cause the levees at Lake Pontchartrain to be overrun.

“I don’t think any model can tell you with any confidence right now whether the levees will be topped or not but that is obviously a very, very grave concern,” Mayfield told the briefing.

Other officials expressed concerns about the large number of New Orleans residents who had not evacuated.

“They’re not taking patients out of hospitals, taking prisoners out of prisons and they’re leaving hotels open in downtown New Orleans. So I’m very concerned about that,” Brown said.

Despite the concerns, it ultimately took days for search and rescue teams to reach some hospitals and nursing homes.

Jesus Christ
03-01-2006, 08:20 PM
Woe be unto the Son of Bush, who leaveth his people to suffer, and others to take the blame. :(

diamondD
03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around and if you think it was all Bush's fault and had nothing to do with the state and local level, you're idiots.

ELVIS
03-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Fuck you, FORD!

Wow, four fucking days in advance...

Well, the States bordering the Gulf and their respective governments knew quite well the dangers of a storm like Katrina...

Here's a pic from Hurricane Camille in 1969...

http://www.worldbook.com/features/hurricanes/assets/camilledestr.jpg

Did anybody learn anything then ???

Blaming the federal Government is TOTAL BULLSHIT!!

blueturk
03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Yes, there's plenty of blame to go around on all levels. However, Bush has portrayed himself as a leader in troubled times, and his leadership in this disaster was nonexistent, to put it mildly.

"We've got a lot of rebuilding to do. First, we're going to save lives and stabilize the situation. And then we're going to help these communities rebuild. The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch." (Laughter) --George W. Bush, touring hurricane damage, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005

diamondD
03-01-2006, 09:39 PM
The "leadership" on all levels was deplorable. Quit bleating.

blueturk
03-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
The "leadership" on all levels was deplorable. Quit bleating.

Your defense of Dubya is the bleating, sheep.

diamondD
03-01-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm not defending him or the federal government at all. Sorry for your lack of reading comprehension skills, but let me repeat it again.

THE LEADERSHIP AT ALL LEVELS WAS DEPLORABLE. I'm only pointing out that these threads that try to blame it all on Bush are stupid.

Capiche?

Nickdfresh
03-01-2006, 10:09 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around and if you think it was all Bush's fault and had nothing to do with the state and local level, you're idiots.

Who said there isn't?

diamondD
03-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Dude, if you think Dave's Dick didn't post this to point the blame at Bush, I don't know what to tell you.

Nickdfresh
03-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Dude, if you think Dave's Dick didn't post this to point the blame at Bush, I don't know what to tell you.

Well, it does put a crimp in a lot of Bush's arguments...

FORD
03-01-2006, 10:43 PM
"I hang my head like a dog who just crapped on the floor. I can't defend this liar anymore" - words of ex-Republican caller on the Mike Malloy show.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by blueturk

"We've got a lot of rebuilding to do. First, we're going to save lives and stabilize the situation. And then we're going to help these communities rebuild. The good news is -- and it's hard for some to see it now -- that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house -- he's lost his entire house -- there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch." (Laughter) --George W. Bush, touring hurricane damage, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005

Well, I don't know about you, but I found these words very moving. Arguably as much as his proclamation at Ground Zero that soon the whole world would hear from us.

I'm sure you agree.

Good luck on that porch Trent! I hope to one day sit on it too (with your permission, lol!!!)!!!

DR CHIP
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by FORD
"I hang my head like a dog who just crapped on the floor. I can't defend this liar anymore" - words of ex-Republican caller on the Mike Malloy show.

About Hillary....?

;)

FORD
03-01-2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
About Hillary....?

;)

Why would a Republican feel embarrassed about Hillary lying?

Seriously though..... if any of you neocons want a chance to justify why you still support the Chimp, call Mike Malloy right now. He's encouraging conservatives to call him.

Be warned though... If you go into the Rovian/FAUX talking points script, he will hand you your ass ;)

1-866-303-2270

Nitro Express
03-02-2006, 01:08 AM
I all reality, would it have been better with Kerry as president? FEMA would still be a huge bumbling buerocracy and Katrina would still be a huge storm.

Maybe the big difference between Camille in 1969 and Katrina is in 1969 people were more proactive at the local level. People were less likely to sit around and ask what the govt. was going to do for them.

One huge failure of Katrina was the welfare state. Welfare sucks the drive out of people and it conditions them to be lazy and subject to the govt. that controls them.

Anyone will any common sense knows huge beurocracies fuck up and are undependable. In WWII they called it SNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked UP)

If you read the history of the D-Day Invasion, everything that day was a SNAFU. Nobody was where they were suppossed to be and nothing worked as planned. What kept the Germans from pushing us back into the sea was at the platoon level individual soldiers were taking a leadership role and improvising. Everything Eisenhowers staff planned failed in reality. It was the individuals in the muck that turned a huge fuckup into a victory.

Maybe that's the difference. Have we turned into a bunch of dependant can't do shit blame the govt. for everything whimps? The reality is Mother Nature fucked the Gulf Coast. Shit Happens and will continue to happen. In the end, survival is up to the individual because Government fucks up and has fucked up as long as there has been Government.

ELVIS
03-02-2006, 01:42 AM
..and the success of Mardi Gras 2006 is a good indicator of real America rising to the occasion...

No, we're not ok here, by a long shot, but we're making progress, for sure!

Fuck the liberals!

:elvis:

FORD
03-02-2006, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
..and the success of Mardi Gras 2006 is a good indicator of real America rising to the occasion...

Fuck the liberals!

But the French Quarter wasn't that damaged by Katrina in the first place, was it?

If Mardi Gras was based in the 9th Ward, things might have been a bit different this year.

ELVIS
03-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Mardi Gras extended out alot further than the French Quarter...

These are most of the parades around the Greater New Orleans for 2006...

THURSDAY, JANUARY 6
• Phunny Phorty Phellows - Streetcar route, 7:00 p.m.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 8
• Krewe of Claude - Slidell, 1:00 p.m.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 8
• Little Rascals - Metairie, 11:00 a.m.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15
• Slidellians - Slidell, 1:00 p.m.

• Krewe of Antony and Cleopatra - Slidell, 1:00 p.m.

SATURDAY, JANUARY 21
• Bilge - Slidell, noon

• Krewe of Driftwood - Kenner, 1:00 p.m.

• Krewe du Vieux - French Quarter, 7:00 p.m.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 22
• Perseus - Slidell, 1:00 p.m.

• Pearl River Lions Club Parade - Pearl River, 1:15 p.m.

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 17
• Cleopatra - West Bank, 6:30 p.m.

• Oshun - Uptown, 6:00 p.m.

• Pygmalion - Uptown, 7:30 p.m.

• Atlas - Metairie, 6:30 p.m.

• Excalibur - Metairie, 7:00 p.m.

• Eve - Mandeville, 7:00 p.m.

• Gladiator - St. Bernard, 7:00 p.m.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 18
• Krewe of Push Mow - Abita Springs, 11:00 a.m.

• Aladdin - Westbank, noon

• Pontchartrain - Uptown, noon

• Shangri-La - Uptown, 1:00 p.m.

• Caesar - Metairie, 6:00 p.m.

• Olympia - Covington, 6:00 p.m.

• Sparta - Uptown, 6:00 p.m.

• Arabi - St. Bernard, 6:30 p.m.

• Pegasus - Uptown, 6:45 p.m.

• Mona Lisa and Moon Pie Parade - Slidell, 7:00 p.m.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 19
• Alla - West Bank, noon

• Carrollton - Uptown, noon

• Dionysus - Slidell, 1:00 p.m.

• King Arthur & Merlin - Uptown, 1:15 p.m.

• Barkus - French Quarter, 2:00 p.m.

• Bards of Bohemia - Uptown, 2:30 p.m.

• Rhea - Metairie, 2:30 p.m.

• Mercury - Metairie, 4:00 p.m.

• Centurions - Metairie, 5:30 p.m.

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21
• Ancient Druids - Uptown, 6:30 p.m.

• Krewe of Morpheus - Uptown, 6:45 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22
• Saturn - Uptown, 6:00 p.m.

• Muses - Uptown, 6:45 p.m.

• Thor - Metairie, 7:00 p.m.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 23
• Babylon - Uptown, 5:45 p.m.

• Chaos - Uptown, 6:30 p.m.

FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24
• Hermes - Uptown, 6:00 p.m.

• Krewe d'Etat - Uptown, 6:30 p.m.

• Selene - Slidell, 6:30 p.m.

• Aquila - Metairie, 7:00 p.m.

• Knights of Jason - Metairie, 7:30 p.m.

• Aphrodite - Chalmette, 7:00 p.m.

• Orpheus - Mandeville, 7:00 p.m.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25
• Bush - Bush, 9:00 a.m.

• NOMTOC - West Bank, 11:30 a.m.

• Iris - Uptown, 11:00 a.m.

• Krewe of Salt Bayou - Slidell, noon

• Vulcan - River Ridge, noon

• tucks.html">Tucks - Uptown, 12:30 p.m.

• Endymion - Mid-City, 4:30 p.m.

• Isis - Metairie, 6:00 p.m.

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26
• Tchefuncte - Madisonville, 10:00 a.m.

• Okeanos - Uptown, 11:00 a.m.

• Thoth - Uptown, 11:30 a.m.

• Adonis - West Bank, noon

• Grand Isle Independent Mardi Gras Parade - Grand Isle, 1:00 p.m.

• Mid-City - Uptown, 2:00 p.m.

• Bacchus - Uptown, 5:15 p.m.

• Corps de Napoleon - Metairie, 5:30 p.m.

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27
• Proteus - Uptown, 5:15 p.m.

• Orpheus - Uptown, 5:45 p.m.

• Zeus - Metairie, 6:30 p.m.

MARDI GRAS, FEBRUARY 28
• Zulu - Uptown, 8:30 a.m.

• Rex - Uptown, 10:00 a.m.

• Argus - Metairie, 10:00 a.m.

• Mystic Krewe of Covington - Covington, 10:00 a.m.

• Lions - Covington, 10:00 a.m.

• Elks - Jeff. - Metairie, 11:00 a.m.

• Grela - West Bank, 11:00 a.m.

• Elks- Orl. - Uptown, 11:30 a.m.

• Crescent City - Uptown, after Elks

• Krewe of Choctaw - Grenta, noon

• Skunks - Lacombe, 1:00 p.m.

• Chahta-Ima - Lacombe, 1:30 p.m.

Any questions ??

FORD
03-02-2006, 02:42 AM
Yeah.... why are you endorsing such obvious paganism? ;)

ELVIS
03-02-2006, 02:44 AM
I'm inspired to resort to lyrical inspiration, as you often run into the ground, FORD...;)

Well, I came upon a child of God
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, Tell where are you going?
This he told me

Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's Farm,
Gonna join in a rock and roll band.
Got to get back to the land and set my soul free.

We are stardust, we are golden,
We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Well, then can I walk beside you?
I have come to lose the smog,
And I feel myself a cog in somethin' turning.
And maybe it's the time of year,
But then maybe it's the time of man.
And I don't know who I am,
But life is for learning.

By the time we got to Woodstock,
We were half a million strong
And everywhere was a song and a celebration.
And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes
Riding shotgun in the sky,
Turning into butterflies
Above our nation.

We are caught in the devils bargain,

ELVIS
03-02-2006, 02:45 AM
Yeah.... why are you endorsing such obvious paganism? ;)

Oh, c'mon now...:D

FORD
03-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Elvis is quoting hippie songs..... have we entered the parallel universe?

http://www.veqlargh.com/veqlargh/images/spock2.jpg

ELVIS
03-02-2006, 03:13 AM
Hippie song ??

FORD
03-02-2006, 04:06 AM
Hippie song ??

The song is called "Woodstock", is it not?

I'm not a big Joni Mitchell fan really, but these are some of her best lyrics. I prefer the Crosby Stills & Nash recording though.

Nitro Express
03-02-2006, 05:09 AM

Fuck the liberals!

Exactly. Katrina is bad but not as bad as when the Yankees fucked the south over during the civil war. Like Gone With The Wind you will live to fight another day. LOL!

In all seriouseness, I think most people would want less taxes and to have the govt. leave them the hell alone and rebuild their communities themselves.

The people complaining the loudest are the multigenerational welfare rats who never had to build anything or work for anything. The are like slaves dependant of their slave master Uncle Sam for everything. It's sad what the govt. has done to those people.

ashstralia
03-02-2006, 05:47 AM
ya know, the more i read this forum, clearer is the truth.

you guys need ford as pres.
you'd also get pres. jesus,
and pres. satan.

why don't you run for office, ford? you seem more than qualified.

4moreyears
03-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I all reality, would it have been better with Kerry as president? FEMA would still be a huge bumbling buerocracy and Katrina would still be a huge storm.

Maybe the big difference between Camille in 1969 and Katrina is in 1969 people were more proactive at the local level. People were less likely to sit around and ask what the govt. was going to do for them.

One huge failure of Katrina was the welfare state. Welfare sucks the drive out of people and it conditions them to be lazy and subject to the govt. that controls them.

Anyone will any common sense knows huge beurocracies fuck up and are undependable. In WWII they called it SNAFU (Situation Normal All Fucked UP)

If you read the history of the D-Day Invasion, everything that day was a SNAFU. Nobody was where they were suppossed to be and nothing worked as planned. What kept the Germans from pushing us back into the sea was at the platoon level individual soldiers were taking a leadership role and improvising. Everything Eisenhowers staff planned failed in reality. It was the individuals in the muck that turned a huge fuckup into a victory.

Maybe that's the difference. Have we turned into a bunch of dependant can't do shit blame the govt. for everything whimps? The reality is Mother Nature fucked the Gulf Coast. Shit Happens and will continue to happen. In the end, survival is up to the individual because Government fucks up and has fucked up as long as there has been Government.

Extremly well said. My question is if Bush new so far n advance why did all those people decide to stay at the Superdome instead of getting the fuck out of dodge. I am sure the wheather channel or even the AM radio station spoke of the up comming storm. Why did all these people not leave and why do people still blame the president because some low income under educated people were not smart enough to have a minimum level of common sense.

Cathedral
03-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Ok, at the risk of being labeled a "Bush Defender" let's just keep in mind that New Orleans had 30 years to address the "Levee Issue", but they did nothing and spent the money elsewhere.

Secondly, if Bush had taken charge of the situation and acted before the storm came we'd be reading threads about how he trampled "State's Right's" and acted Unconstitutionally.

You hate the man, so there is nothing he can do that won't be scrutinized and twisted to fit that agenda.
he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't, there is absolutely no surprise in that.

The bigger issue is that you think you have the right to act this way, and accuse, try, and convict him in the court of public opinion which is what is truly unconstutional. You rob him of his chance at "Due Process" and to date that has not produced any charges in an actual court of law.

He won't be impeached simply because you spend years screaming "FOUL", you have to provide proof beyond the shadow of the doubt of his guilt because in this country the accused don't have to prove anything, the burdon of proof lies in the lap of the accuser.

You have failed to provide that proof, therefore there have been no charges filed, and your actions, collectively, are "slanderous" unless you can fullfill YOUR responsibilities under Contitutional Law.

I'd be saying the same thing if it were a Democrat in office, and i'd keep my tongue still unless i had that proof because THAT is the right thing to do and how EVERY citizen in this country SHOULD be treated.

I don't know what he is or isn't guilty of, and niether do any of you or charges would have been filed and he would have been gone long before his second term began.

It just shows me that you like to change the rules to achieve an agenda and damned be the Constitution or the letter of the law for that matter.

I say what i have always said, "PUT UP, OR SHUT UP!"

Take a moment sometime and look up what "Burdon of Proof" means and who it applies to in any case.
You might suddenly see that it is YOU that is acting outside the Constitution and biased by pure hatred...it's just wrong how you commie bastards go about your business.

A "convicted" killer gets more respect from you tools, it's pathetic.

A cold November Rain is in your forecast if you don't get a damn grip on reality.

Cathedral
03-02-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
Extremly well said. My question is if Bush new so far n advance why did all those people decide to stay at the Superdome instead of getting the fuck out of dodge. I am sure the wheather channel or even the AM radio station spoke of the up comming storm. Why did all these people not leave and why do people still blame the president because some low income under educated people were not smart enough to have a minimum level of common sense.

Because they believe they are not accountable for themselves, which is common of those who are sucking the government tit.
They actually believe that if they suffer it is never their own fault, it's the fault of the government that has oppressed them since the creation of this nation.

And it isn't just black people, dude, that is just a wrong assessment to make. I know just as many white losers as i do black one's, it isn't about race in my eyes, it's about being a needy lazy individual, and that attitude knows no racial barrier.

I could have had a home right on the coast made of card board and nothing would have kept me from leaving a day in advance at the latest.
My ass would be pushing a wheelchair at that, and you know why?
Because I don't now and never have believed that this government could, would, can, or will protect me and my family from anything, ESPECIALLY a natural disaster.

Everyone in elected office that was in the danger zone is guilty of NOT doing their jobs, and that INCLUDES George W. Bush.

A State response comes first, they failed to do so, at that point a Federal response was too late,, those are the facts.

Instead of spending month after month assessing blame to one person or the other how about everyone focuses on how to keep it from happening again by actually putting together a joint State AND Federal respnse Team to address ANY natural disaster any state may face in the future?

I know, it's a foreign concept in this country, isn't it?

I wish people would just shut up and just do something positive for a change.

ELVIS
03-02-2006, 10:21 AM
They are...

..and well put, Cat...

I see you have no loss for words...;)

Anyway, the next hurricane season is right around the corner, so...

The local recovery efforts around here are nothing short of amazing...

I hope the next couple of summers are calm...

ODShowtime
03-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Fuck you, FORD!

Blaming the federal Government is TOTAL BULLSHIT!!

That's just nonsense. Of course they share the blame. They've admitted it. :rolleyes:

ODShowtime
03-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
You hate the man, so there is nothing he can do that won't be scrutinized and twisted to fit that agenda.
he's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't, there is absolutely no surprise in that.

YOU NEED TO ASK YOURSELF, WHY DO WE HATE HIM? WHY DO WE COMPLETELY DISTRUST HIM?

You all need to get it through your thick fucking skulls that when an incompetent lying theif like that throws away his credibility, he will never get it back.

That is the way the world has worked forever. Fucking get with the picture. The man's a bum and he needs to be marginalized before his dangerous, poorly thought-out decisions imperil our future any more!

Hardrock69
03-02-2006, 01:04 PM
It is quite simple why anyone should mistrust and/or hate Chimpy....

He lies ALL THE FUCKING TIME. 2 or 3 times a week he makes comments that are the opposite of truth, and are proven to be lies by factual data.

Not to mention the several hundred thousand people he has ordered killed.

Not to mention the 2 elections he stole.

Not to mention the hundreds of millions he and his criminal empire are siphoning off in return for favors...

I cannot think of a single valid reason why this fucking idiot is President....

ODShowtime
03-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
It is quite simple why anyone should mistrust and/or hate Chimpy....

He lies ALL THE FUCKING TIME. 2 or 3 times a week he makes comments that are the opposite of truth, and are proven to be lies by factual data.

Not to mention the several hundred thousand people he has ordered killed.

Not to mention the 2 elections he stole.

Not to mention the hundreds of millions he and his criminal empire are siphoning off in return for favors...

No... maybe we should give him one last chance. Maybe he does have the best interests of Americans at heart. What's the worst that could happen?

:rolleyes:

Give me a fucking break. Only the most gullible of idiots would trust this lying sack of shit.

Cathedral
03-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
YOU NEED TO ASK YOURSELF, WHY DO WE HATE HIM? WHY DO WE COMPLETELY DISTRUST HIM?

You all need to get it through your thick fucking skulls that when an incompetent lying theif like that throws away his credibility, he will never get it back.

That is the way the world has worked forever. Fucking get with the picture. The man's a bum and he needs to be marginalized before his dangerous, poorly thought-out decisions imperil our future any more!

Ok, the caps mean that you're yelling at me, why?

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FUCKING COMPREHEND WHAT THE FUCK I TYPED!

I know why you hate him, I even know why you don't trust him, and i think i've made it clear that I don't trust him either, BUT...

TO ACHIEVE YOUR OBJECTIVE YOU MUST PUT UP SOME PROOF THEN PROSECUTE AND PUT HIM AWAY, HAVE HIM IMPEACHED, WHATEVER.

YOU need to ask yourself what justice really means in this country,
and also ask yourself why all of you who hate the man cannot put up any evidence if his guilt is so damned obvious?

Man, my mind is open, SO CONVINCE ME, BUT DON'T SIT IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND CRY, "HE'S GUILTY OF THIS, BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, AND GUILTY OF THAT, BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, BIG BAD CHIMPY, YADDA-YADDA-YADDA..."

There is only one reason your entire organization is powerless to impeach Bush...IT'S BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PROVE A DAMN THING YOU ACCUSE HIM OF OR YOU WOULD HAVE, HE'D BE GONE, AND I WOULDN'T HAVE TO KEEP REPEATING MYSELF TO YOU LOCKED-CRANIAL-LOBERS WHO ARE STUCK LIKE A SCRATCHED VAN HALEN RECORD ON THE SAME BULLSHIT CONSPIRACIES DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY...WEEK AFTER WEEK AFTER WEEK, MONTH AFTER MONTH AFTER MONTH....IT'S TIRED, FOLKS, YOUR SCHTICK IS TIRED, TAKE A FREAKIN NAP............... DAMN.

Like in field of dreams, "Build it and he will come"...So, "prove and i'll even join the cause".

10 to 1 odds i'll have to repeat myself yet again...y'all only see what you want to see in a post.

ODShowtime
03-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Ok, the caps mean that you're yelling at me, why?

BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FUCKING COMPREHEND WHAT THE FUCK I TYPED!

I know why you hate him, I even know why you don't trust him, and i think i've made it clear that I don't trust him either, BUT...

TO ACHIEVE YOUR OBJECTIVE YOU MUST PUT UP SOME PROOF THEN PROSECUTE AND PUT HIM AWAY, HAVE HIM IMPEACHED, WHATEVER.

YOU need to ask yourself what justice really means in this country,
and also ask yourself why all of you who hate the man cannot put up any evidence if his guilt is so damned obvious?

Man, my mind is open, SO CONVINCE ME, BUT DON'T SIT IN FRONT OF YOUR COMPUTER AND CRY, "HE'S GUILTY OF THIS, BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, AND GUILTY OF THAT, BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, BIG BAD CHIMPY, YADDA-YADDA-YADDA..."

There is only one reason your entire organization is powerless to impeach Bush...IT'S BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PROVE A DAMN THING YOU ACCUSE HIM OF OR YOU WOULD HAVE, HE'D BE GONE, AND I WOULDN'T HAVE TO KEEP REPEATING MYSELF TO YOU LOCKED-CRANIAL-LOBERS WHO ARE STUCK LIKE A SCRATCHED VAN HALEN RECORD ON THE SAME BULLSHIT CONSPIRACIES DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY...WEEK AFTER WEEK AFTER WEEK, MONTH AFTER MONTH AFTER MONTH....IT'S TIRED, FOLKS, YOUR SCHTICK IS TIRED, TAKE A FREAKIN NAP............... DAMN.

Like in field of dreams, "Build it and he will come"...So, "prove and i'll even join the cause".

10 to 1 odds i'll have to repeat myself yet again...y'all only see what you want to see in a post.

Cat, whose job is it to prosecute criminals? Who is in charge of such organizations?

1. I'm not a democrat.

2. There's is plenty of evidence of misdeeds, they are in the paper all the time. No one does anything about it because the people in control are protecting him.

3. His administration is becoming legendary for the cover ups and classifying documents that are the business of every American who pays taxes. How can we get more evidence if it's classified?

I'm just saying, we've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a lying crook. It ain't my fucking job to prosecute him. Everyone in this country should be treating him like the selfish, incompetent piece of shit that he is until his term is up. Congress should just fucking ignore him.

FORD
03-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Bottom line is when a man has been appointed President of The United States by the Supreme Court, he has the obligation to fucking ACT when he KNOWS that hundreds of thousands of people are in danger.

Chimpy sat SILENT throughout this teleconference. He didn't offer any solutions. He didn't encourage his flunkies Brown and "of the Devil" Chertoff to come up with solutions. He didn't ask the local authorities what they would need in the case of the absolute worst case scenario.

And when that worst case scenario happenned, that fucking Chimp was playing guitar at a birthday party.

Situational awareness, my ass, you lying fucking unelected bastard! You knew GOD DAMN WELL what was going on, you just didn't give a fuck.

Kanye West was only partially right. It's not that George Bush doesn't care about Black people. The fact is that George Bush doesn't care about people, PERIOD.

Or it least not people who aren't elitist fascist billionaires.

Nickdfresh
03-02-2006, 10:11 PM
Why would a Republican feel embarrassed about Hillary lying?

Seriously though..... if any of you neocons want a chance to justify why you still support the Chimp, call Mike Malloy right now. He's encouraging conservatives to call him.

Be warned though... If you go into the Rovian/FAUX talking points script, he will hand you your ass ;)

1-866-303-2270

I'm curious to know what you think of MARK LEVINE, FORD...

Cathedral
03-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Cat, whose job is it to prosecute criminals? Who is in charge of such organizations?

1. I'm not a democrat.

2. There's is plenty of evidence of misdeeds, they are in the paper all the time. No one does anything about it because the people in control are protecting him.

3. His administration is becoming legendary for the cover ups and classifying documents that are the business of every American who pays taxes. How can we get more evidence if it's classified?

I'm just saying, we've proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's a lying crook. It ain't my fucking job to prosecute him. Everyone in this country should be treating him like the selfish, incompetent piece of shit that he is until his term is up. Congress should just fucking ignore him.

I pretty much agree with you, Bush is a sack of wet crap, but i have a hard time believing that he can be protected if the case against him is a slam dunk.
I disagree on one point though, it is your job to hold him accountable, it's my job as well being we are tax paying citizens in this country.

So, that makes 2 people for sure that want him to answer for his "questionable" activities while in office, anyone else care to jump on board and act in a dignified, respecatble way without allowing ourselves to attack each other in a partisan fashion?

Let's start a petition here on this site, after everyone has signed it we print it out, copy it, and then take it to the streets, malls, gas stations in our own local communities to create a grass roots movement to hold the man accountable...this is how things get done...and it won't cost anything but time.

Hey, it beats sitting here bitching about it, and i like being proactive in the community here....what can it hurt?

Cathedral
03-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Bottom line is when a man has been appointed President of The United States by the Supreme Court, he has the obligation to fucking ACT when he KNOWS that hundreds of thousands of people are in danger.

Chimpy sat SILENT throughout this teleconference. He didn't offer any solutions. He didn't encourage his flunkies Brown and "of the Devil" Chertoff to come up with solutions. He didn't ask the local authorities what they would need in the case of the absolute worst case scenario.

And when that worst case scenario happenned, that fucking Chimp was playing guitar at a birthday party.

Situational awareness, my ass, you lying fucking unelected bastard! You knew GOD DAMN WELL what was going on, you just didn't give a fuck.

Kanye West was only partially right. It's not that George Bush doesn't care about Black people. The fact is that George Bush doesn't care about people, PERIOD.

Or it least not people who aren't elitist fascist billionaires.

Not much to argue here either, it's refreshing to see you post a strong opinion that isn't colored with the conspiracy colored Crayola.

I'm not blind, I do see how many of his associates profit from many of the things he does. And my whole point for a few months now is that together we can catch more flies with honey than we can throwing vinegar at each other.

The domestic stuff can be worked out later as long as everyone is willing to compromise. but arguing and insulting each other is playing into their hands because it keeps the attention off of them.

This my country as well as it is yours, i understand that, and i understand that there is power in numbers if one common thread can be capitalized on and used for the betterment of everyones best interest.

being hard nosed and unwilling to bend a little isn't going to work for either side....

Somebody say, AMEN brother Cat!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Suck on this, pinkos. Explain it. Changes the game a little, doesn't it?

Idiots.

WASHINGTON - In the hectic, confused hours after Hurricane Katrina lashed the Gulf Coast, Louisiana's governor hesitantly but mistakenly assured the Bush administration that New Orleans' protective levees were intact, according to a new video obtained by The Associated Press showing briefings that day with federal officials.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060303/ap_on_go_pr_wh/katrina_video

Cathedral
03-03-2006, 12:50 AM
To hell with the blame game, they all failed the people and they all need to own up to their part in the failure so they can shut up about it and move on....the people who still don't have a place to live don't give a damn who's to blame, they just need shelter, like yesterday.

FORD
03-03-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I'm curious to know what you think of MARK LEVINE, FORD...

You mean the bald asshole who Sean Hannity calls "the great one"??

ODShowtime
03-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I pretty much agree with you, Bush is a sack of wet crap,

Good, you're still sensible. I am happy to hear that.

ODShowtime
03-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Let's start a petition here on this site, after everyone has signed it we print it out, copy it, and then take it to the streets, malls, gas stations in our own local communities to create a grass roots movement to hold the man accountable...this is how things get done...and it won't cost anything but time.

Alright, draft that bitch up and I'll sign it. We can have some of our "less busy" soldiers do the footwork.

Jesterstar, Loungmachine, Phil the stalker, you know, the people with some extra time on their hands :D

ODShowtime
03-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Suck on this, pinkos. Explain it. Changes the game a little, doesn't it?

Idiots.

WASHINGTON - In the hectic, confused hours after Hurricane Katrina lashed the Gulf Coast, Louisiana's governor hesitantly but mistakenly assured the Bush administration that New Orleans' protective levees were intact, according to a new video obtained by The Associated Press showing briefings that day with federal officials.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060303/ap_on_go_pr_wh/katrina_video

Yeah, I guess since one person said the levees were holding that means that here was no need to mobilize any rescue apparatus. There wasn't any storm damage or flooding anywhere in the area. And since the levee didn't break, all the water plants and electricity and phones were all working perfectly.

All the television reports showing levee breaches, who expects the White House to be up-to-date with that?

Nickdfresh
03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
You mean the bald asshole who Sean Hannity calls "the great one"??

Really? I don't know why that would...

LEVINE is a former lawyer that was asked to host a radio show after he editorially attacked the 2000 Supreme Court anointment of GW...

4moreyears
03-03-2006, 10:18 PM
That's just nonsense. Of course they share the blame. They've admitted it. :rolleyes:

But most of the liberals do not. They just blame the White House.

FORD
03-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Really? I don't know why that would...

LEVINE is a former lawyer that was asked to host a radio show after he editorially attacked the 2000 Supreme Court anointment of GW...

Must be a different guy then.

A lot of famous lawyers attacked that joke of a court decision. Manson prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi had an excellent article about it.

Now that I think about it, I think I heard this guy before on Bobby Kennedy's "Ring of Fire" (Air America, Saturday afternoons). It was a while back though, so I don't remember what they talked about.

rustoffa
03-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I guess since one person said the levees were holding that means that here was no need to mobilize any rescue apparatus. There wasn't any storm damage or flooding anywhere in the area. And since the levee didn't break, all the water plants and electricity and phones were all working perfectly.

All the television reports showing levee breaches, who expects the White House to be up-to-date with that?

There is DISTINCT protocol regarding federal response. The Federal Government is prohibited (checks and balances...that kind of shit) from doing ANYTHING until FORMALLY requested.

Fuck, The Motherfucking White House has it's own weather channel....

I was sitting at home three days out going, "damn, that low-pressure system is huge!"

You know what would have happened if the Federalies' went in three days out, and forced the squatting, languid, shit-for-brainers' onto a bus by force?

PUBLIC, GLOBAL... OUTRAGE.

Screaming babys', chants of "hell-no, we won't go!"

A public relations disaster...in the shadow of a larger one.

It's laughable.