PDA

View Full Version : Former President Carter takes president to task

ELVIS
04-09-2004, 10:27 AM
April 9, 2004

By JAMES PINKERTON (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2494559)

BROWNSVILLE -- Former President Carter on Thursday called the Bush administration's decision to wage war against Iraq "ill-advised and unnecessary," adding the resulting campaign "has turned out to be a tragedy."

The former Democratic president also said Bush's environmental policies are perhaps the worst in the nation's history.

Carter made the comments at the Rio R.V. Park after wrapping up a four-day birding trip with his wife, Rosalynn, in the lower Rio Grande Valley.

"President Bush's war was ill-advised and unnecessary and based on erroneous statements, and has turned out to be a tragedy," Carter said. "And my prayer has been that brave young American men and women, and others who are there, that their lives will be spared and there will be some peaceful resolution of the war."

Carter, who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2002, also blamed what he called Bush's pro-Israel policies for engendering animosity against America.

"The prime source of animosity towards the United States is the lack of progress in dealing with the Palestinian issue," Carter said, adding that past U.S. administrations since Harry Truman's have maintained a "balanced position" in dealing with the rights of the Arab population within the Jewish nation.

"The present administration has not done so at all. We have been exclusively committed to the policies of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Israel, and have made no effort to try to have a balanced negotiating position between Israel and the Palestinians," Carter said.

Carter, who brokered the historic 1978 Camp David accords that led to peace between Israel and Egypt, noted that President George H.W. Bush threatened to halt foreign aid when Israel began building settlements in Palestinian territory.

"In the meantime, of course, the Israelis have established hundreds of settlements all over Palestinian land with no critical comment ever coming from the present Bush administration," Carter said.

Carter, who placed 103 million acres of Alaskan land under federal protection during his term, also took the current White House to task on the environment.

"This national administration is the worst for conservation in my lifetime, maybe in history," said Carter, whose family has farmed in Georgia since 1833. "In all the basic elements of preserving the purity of parks and wildlife lands, controlling the industries that are inclined to pollute ... the decimation of forest lands."

:elvis:

BrownSound1
04-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh and Jimmy was the example all President's should follow? I think not. While I believe he is a good man, he wasn't Presidential material.

John Ashcroft
04-09-2004, 12:06 PM
You beat me to it Brownsound. But I wouldn't have put it so kindly.

I'd have said something like this:

"So, the biggest miserable failure of a President is chiming in (again), huh? What's a guy who let Iran be overrun by extremists who then illustrated his utter incompetance by taking American hostages, got to offer in the way of foreign policy advice??? It's kinda like asking the French how to win wars..."

Oh, and I know Jimmy's upset that we don't have double-digit inflation and unemployment (like under his admin), but life goes on. I know he did his best to fuck America over, but all "good" things must come to an end...

The fucking loser.

Satan
04-09-2004, 01:10 PM
You mortals don't get it, do you? Why do you suppose that everything that supposedly went wrong with Jimmy Carter's Presidency was either an intelligence failure, or something directly tied to CIA actions in the Middle East.

And a similar pattern under Clinton in some ways...

Who is it who founded, and has controlled the CIA from it's inception??

Who was it who rigged the 1980 election with the artificial extention of the Iranian hostage crisis?

And why would the BCE deliberately sabotage Carter or Clinton?

Because Carter was more successful in the Middle East than ANY Republican president, bringing Egypt and Israel to a peace agreement. And Clinton almost surpassed that one, with Israel and Palestine. It would have been a done deal had Rabin not been murdered. But of course, this would have put a major dent in the global fascist plan then in early development and currently in implementation, right?

Cathedral
04-09-2004, 06:43 PM
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah......Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Carter is a nimrod and i find nothing worth bragging about as far as how successful he was in the Middle East when the country he was leading was doing so poorly.
Egypt and Israel? Yeah, he'd make a great President in either one of those Countries...He sucked here in the States...

BigBadBrian
04-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Carter is a loser. That's all that needs to be said. :gulp:

rustoffa
04-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah......Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.

Carter is a nimrod and i find nothing worth bragging about as far as how successful he was in the Middle East when the country he was leading was doing so poorly.
Egypt and Israel? Yeah, he'd make a great President in either one of those Countries...He sucked here in the States...

Yes sir you are correct. All his pathetic "controversial" statements recently wreak of senility. One of the peanut's son in laws or some shit worked on Dean's election team at the time of Dean's visit to Carter's hometown. Then Jimmy goes, "I didn't invite him". WTF is that? He ruined our immigration laws forever. He spewed all over the middle east because he couldn't handle politics or problems back home.

Jesus Christ
04-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Jimmy Carter was the last of thy Presidents to live by My teachings. Verily, this should concern all of you :(

Ally_Kat
04-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Satan
And Clinton almost surpassed that one, with Israel and Palestine. It would have been a done deal had Rabin not been murdered. But of course, this would have put a major dent in the global fascist plan then in early development and currently in implementation, right?

Do you think a peace treaty is going to end shit that's going on over there? That years of hate are going to vanish because there's a signed paper and a handshake?

Ally_Kat
04-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Jimmy Carter was the last of thy Presidents to live by My teachings. Verily, this should concern all of you :(

Ford, I wouldn't say that unless you personally knew each president.

Cathedral
04-10-2004, 01:49 AM
The middle east has been at war for thousands of years...there has only been a United States for just over 228 of those years.
Anyone who thinks that Peace Treaties are anything more than a photo-op for political gain is an idiot.

They have been fighting since the beginning and they will be fighting until the end.....They will only stop when they are damn good and ready to do so. that means that i don't believe any US President has ever done a damn thing but stir the shit and bring stink to the air.

Jesus Christ
04-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
Ford, I wouldn't say that unless you personally knew each president.

The Messiah knoweth everybody :cool:

John Ashcroft
04-10-2004, 11:43 AM
No one's questioning Jimmy's faith here, just his judgement and (lack of) leadership. If he want's to advise a congregation of peanut farmers, fine. But there's no reason that anyone serious about national defense should listen to anything he has to say.

Viking
04-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Carter just can't let an opportunity pass by without sticking his nose in it - he's kinda like Jesse Jackson that way. He even pissed in Klinton's corn flakes a time or two - one of the few moments that I actually had sympathy for Emperor Caligula. Carter just needs drink a nice tall glass of Shut The Fuck Up and go built a habitat for a human, or save a gay whale, or whatever shit it is that he does.

rustoffa
04-10-2004, 08:36 PM
The rain in Plains falls mainly on his brain.

Jesus Christ
04-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by John Ashcroft
No one's questioning Jimmy's faith here, just his judgement and (lack of) leadership. If he want's to advise a congregation of peanut farmers, fine. But there's no reason that anyone serious about national defense should listen to anything he has to say.

Trust in Me for thy defenses, not in weapons which are conceived in Hell .

Cathedral
04-11-2004, 02:59 AM
Then whats the armor of God all about, hmmmm, tell me, hmmmmm, i would like to know, hmmmmmm, c'mon, lets have an answer my fake messiah.....

This is where i lost faith, God provides one man a sword to kill an entire army but then here comes Jesus telling everyone to turn the other cheek so he can be slaughtered by the vile asshole who has the sword.

Ahhhh, so the road to demascus is over you say?
Well, a string of undocumentable inconsistencies will do that to a guy ya know?
Who do ya trust, hubba hubba hubba, whooooo do ya trust?

Wayne L.
04-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Former president Jimmy Carter is known as a good man personally but he was one of the WORST presidents of all time politically which is why I wouldn't take his advice whether it was good or bad & his criticism of foreign policy with a pinch of salt directed at Bush because of the Iran hostage crises from 79/81.

ELVIS
04-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Dude...

What ???

Satan
04-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Trust in Me for thy defenses, not in weapons which are conceived in Hell .

Ouch!

Come on JC, that was uncalled for :(

These mortal fools make their own weapons and their own war. I just laugh my pointy tailed ass off at them.

ELVIS
04-12-2004, 01:29 PM
How he's talking to himself...

That's f**king stupid...