PDA

View Full Version : HOLY SHIT!!! Silent Hill Movie!!!

bueno bob
03-05-2006, 05:38 AM
Oh my God, I am TOTALLY geeking out right now! I just saw the preview...FUCK YES!!!! I was addicted to that son of a bitch game when it first came out on Playstation...spend MANY sleepless nights waiting for shit to come and kill me...seriously...demented, twisted, wicked, sick and pure fucking evil....

I remember I bought the game due to an advertisement I saw for it in some video game magazine - showed one of the characters (the female cop) with a tagline that said, simply enough:

"Welcome to Hell."

I have to admit, it was VERY fucking accurate! Out and out, Silent Hill is one of the FUCKING SCARIEST video games I have ever played...bar none...I started playing it around 10 PM with the lights off - had to quit 20 minutes later and turn the fucking lights ON, I was that creeped out!

Fuck that Resident Evil horseshit...Silent Hill is fucking CREEPY...

I am SO beyond stoked for this movie now!!!! :D

Terry
03-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Have as yet to see a movie based on a video game that wasn't a total piece of shit.

Seriously doubt Silent Hill is gonna break the poo mold.

bueno bob
03-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Did you try the Resident Evil series?

I thought both of those were rather well done...not grate works of art by any stretch, but I thought they certainly rose above the level of "shit" pretty well.

Terry
03-06-2006, 10:12 PM
The first Resident Evil was a solid effort. Kinda deteriorated into a straight-up zombie flick at times, but I dig zombies, so no probs there.

Second one kinda blew. Ending of the first one actually had me interested in seeing what they'd do with the sequel, but it was just more of the same.

Would say that Resident Evil was the exception rather than the rule, though.

I do remember that Silent Hill was a pretty chilling game when I played it, and if they forgo the CGI route, drag Rick Baker outta semi-retirement and utilize some Blair Witch less-is-more stylings, leave a little more to the imagination rather than bombard with digital effects...

Guess I'm pessimistic because I took two of my nephews to see Doom this fall, and that thing sucked real bad, plus I remember that Mario Brothers movie...

bueno bob
03-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Terry
The first Resident Evil was a solid effort. Kinda deteriorated into a straight-up zombie flick at times, but I dig zombies, so no probs there.

Second one kinda blew. Ending of the first one actually had me interested in seeing what they'd do with the sequel, but it was just more of the same.

I do remember that Silent Hill was a pretty chilling game when I played it, and if they forgo the CGI route, drag Rick Baker outta semi-retirement and utilize some Blair Witch less-is-more stylings, leave a little more to the imagination rather than bombard with digital effects...

Guess I'm pessimistic because I took two of my nephews to see Doom this fall, and that thing sucked real bad, plus I remember that Mario Brothers movie...

From the previews, it looks like a combination of the first two Silent Hill games...the concept of the first is intact (near car accident, missing daughter - except instead of 'Harry Mason" it's the girls mother)...the undead mannequin things from Silent Hill 2 are there, in the preview...in addition to the pentagrams/crucified corpses/occult symbolism...

Looks like it's gonna be pretty hot, I think :)

manwiththedogs
03-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Terry

Definitely.
I`ve high hopes for Silent Hill tho, everything I`ve seen so far looks good. Gotta be better than Tomb Raider.

Terry
03-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I'll let you guys check it out when it's released. You know if I'll dig it or not, and if it's something I need to see in the theater (as opposed to renting it) to get the full effect.

I'll trust your opinion on it.

manwiththedogs
03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
found this...

bueno bob
03-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..................

DlocRoth
03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Johnny Depp....

Bill Pullman...

Carrie Ann Moss....