PDA

View Full Version : To Be owner of Peavey..

redblkwht
01-05-2004, 01:50 AM
Self perspective wise being an owner of Peavey
& one of your cleints was EVH, what would you do
in his position? Any thoughts?? I'll make mine
after this gets going.

1 point being, no shows on the road since 98'
& were sponsoring him..i'd have a hard time with that.

diamond den™
01-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
Self perspective wise being an owner of Peavey
& one of your cleints was EVH, what would you do
in his position? Any thoughts?? I'll make mine
after this gets going.

1 point being, no shows on the road since 98'
& were sponsoring him..i'd have a hard time with that.

Peavey Amps are awful! I do not like them at all. :(

Panamark
01-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Maybe the endorsement deal included another record/tour and they are hanging onto him ?

diamond den™
01-05-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Maybe the endorsement deal included another record/tour and they are hanging onto him ?

Alot people buy that Peavey stuff just because EVH uses/used it. :(

Panamark
01-05-2004, 03:44 AM
The EVH sheep brigade.

GAR
01-05-2004, 05:24 AM
I don't believe Hartley Peavey enjoys the little fella's company - this thread assumes present character affects past accomplishments in a derogatory way, which it doesn't.

Unless you're O.J. Simpson.

Seshmeister
01-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Peavy and Eddie are a marriage made in heaven.

It takes ages to get a decent sound out of them and then when you do you wonder about how good it should have been?

Cheers!

:gulp:

redblkwht
01-05-2004, 10:53 AM
The thing that sickens me is investing all the $ for
advertisment & NAMM he couldnt even be close
to the fans, i woulda dropped him, like WB..
Hes a fraud, liar & isnt fan friendly anymore.
Not worth a penny, he wasted alot of their time
what is it, over 6 years now? At least Ernie ball
had his guitar on tour.
Weak investment Hartley..

Sarge
01-05-2004, 11:34 AM
YEah but EVH is a big name..
Nike still has Jordan on all their stuff and he is their biggest seller.
It's about money..
EVH can bring it in for them..

lesfunk
01-05-2004, 11:42 AM
True...
Any musician with a brain plays an instrument because it feels good and sounds good to them. Not because it has a big name on the headstock.

(typed in between slaps on my Modulus "flea" signature bass. LOL)

PHOENIX
01-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
Peavy and Eddie are a marriage made in heaven.

It takes ages to get a decent sound out of them and then when you do you wonder about how good it should have been?

Cheers!

:gulp:

You are absolutely right. I got my Peavy amp way back in 92 and as of 2001 i finally have the sound i want.:(

BrownSound1
01-06-2004, 12:24 AM
The 5150 amp is a good amp, and Peavey has made several amps that aren't bad. For instance Lynyrd Skynyrd used an amp called the Peavey Mace, and it was a big part of that guitar sound. Of course countless of country guys swear by them, and they sure as hell sell more records than I do. :D

As far as Edward's alliance with Peavey....well with them he gets a company that will pretty much build him anything he wants, and they get a big name endorser like Sarge pointed out. Since Peavey isn't trying to sell amps to every person in the world, only musicians, then they are fine with a hiatus or two from a big name like EVH. The reason is because as soon as Ed does release something new, their name will be associated with it, and it will be the big buzz in the guitar world....which happens to be their target.

GAR
01-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Hendrix HATED Peavey amps.

They are awful, Peavey IS trying to sell amps to every person in the world, the 5150 amps have no low-range BALLS and if Hartley had anything to do with it, he'd rather have a Lynerd Skynerd endorsement because Skynerd music is about as articulate as tagging graffitti on a urinal with a dehydrated shaft of feces MUCH LIKE THAT POST

BrownSound1
01-06-2004, 11:07 AM
So what if Hendrix hated Peaveys....what the fuck does that have to do with the topic. Not all Peavey amps are awful...just like not all Marshalls are great. Hell, Marshall hasn't made a great amp in years, except for maybe TWO recently. The point is Hartley ain't gonna rock the goddamn boat, if he's got a sure big name like Ed to bring him business. As far as Skynyrd goes....I can't stand them, but they did have some decent guitar tones. Like them or not, they are a name that will sell with a certain section of the marketplace.

pardo
01-06-2004, 11:36 AM
As far as I'm concerned, if you have a properly biased 5150, you have a good sounding amp. But just like anything else, it can sound bad. If I were Hartley, I'd be most pissed cause Edwards tone SUCKED so bad on the VHIII tour. I think Edwards ears are more to blame than the amp.

A lot of punk, hardcore and metal bands swear by 5150s. They really are beasts and sound like hell coming alive if you want. They sell a lot of these things.

At any rate, I think Peavey is lucky to have Edward. Fuck Rolling Stone, when it comes to guitar, Edward is a household name and one of the best ever.

lesfunk
01-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Amp Shmanp. The sound comes from the player.

lesfunk
01-06-2004, 11:50 AM
oh yeah.... BTW... Peaveys are crap

lesfunk
They're not as crap as they used to be

lesfunk
but they are still crap

Eddie Van Halen
01-06-2004, 12:37 PM
It is the player, not the equipment!

BrownSound1
01-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Oh I definitely think the tone comes from the player...no argument here. But, Eddie through a Marshall ain't the same as Eddie through a Gorilla amp. :D

GAR
01-08-2004, 05:25 AM
Gorillas are a Taiwan copy of the Peavey Deuce or stage 10 without the extra bells n whistles

Shit amps color the guitar sound ugly n stuff.

What's the saying? "Can't make a silk purse from a sows' ear?"

ThrillsNSpills
01-08-2004, 05:54 AM
A poor workman blames his tools.

I played through one a couple years ago, and the tone was horrendous.

agree with lesfunk they used to be worse if you can imagine that

Figs
11-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Oh fuck you. Fuck the lot of you. Fuck you all.

bueno bob
11-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Well, if I were the owner of Peavy, first off, I'd sell all my interest in the company and quit. Before doing that, however, I'd at least try and fail to make the shit sound decent :)