View Full Version : The Brucesploitation of Bruce Lee

Hardrock69
03-06-2006, 04:16 PM
http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces/

http://www.bruceleeclones.co.uk/

http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces/brucelizine/index.htm

Terry
03-06-2006, 04:22 PM
The Bruce Li who did the flick 'Bruce Lee: The Man, The Myth" was okay.

Most shameless exploitation of Bruce Lee by far was the Game of Death release in the late 1970s. Get the movie, watch it, and you'll see what I mean...some of the attempts to morph Lee's face on stand-ins (since the bulk of the flick was filmed after Lee died, and only 20 or so minutes of it was usable stuff Lee had a chance to film before his death)...we're obviously talking pre-CGI here, are as amusing as they are just sad.

Hardrock69
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah....I have the documentary where they show some stuff from that film that had been missing for years and was recently rediscovered.....

ULTRAMAN VH
03-06-2006, 08:21 PM
That lost footage you are referring to is great stuff. The movie that really disapointed was Dragon The Bruce Lee Story with Jason Scott Lee. What a fabrication of a great martial artist. I can't believe Linda Lee Cadwell let that fly.

Terry
03-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I caught that 2 hour special on AMC a few years ago, about the whole Game Of Death thing, and taped all those 'lost scenes'. Pretty cool stuff. Lee was just so fast, those three roundhouse kicks one after another...

Dragon:The Bruce Lee Story was a letdown. Especially since they played up that whole Curse Of Bruce Lee angle, even extending it to Brandon Lee. In a lot of respects, Dragon reminded me of Oliver Stone's the Doors and his treatment of Morrison; both movies took a lot of half-truths, myths and legends concerning the main characters, and just threw it all together without regard to chronology or trying to capture the reality, probably out of a fear that it's the myth that would sell tickets, and nobody would be interested in the reality...

And neither of the movies really delved into the deaths of either of them, and with those two the questions surrounding how they died are important parts of why they continue to interest, especially since both died so young.

With Dragon, I suppose Caldwell just didn't want to have the whole business with Betty Ting Pei brought up again, and with Morrison, Stone has said that Courson's parents wouldn't give their blessings to the project unless Stone in no way inferred that Jim OD'd from snorting Pam's junk...

Hardrock69
03-07-2006, 01:09 AM
On the bright side...anything that calls attention to Bruce Lee is publicity, nonetheless.

At least Dragon: TBLS is not a BAD film....probably as good as could possibly be made....

But nothing could compare to the documentaries about the real man.....

flappo
03-07-2006, 02:21 AM
we still have chuck norris !

bruce admitted norris was a brilliant martial artist and asked him to pull his punches in the fight scene at the end of way of the dragon as he knew he'd get fucking killed by him

the guys very underrated

he's got a 13th dan belt in the korean art of suk my dik ya know

Terry
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Chuck Norris is suing NBC for using the title Law and Order for their various tv series. Apparently there is a trademark infringement, as Norris for many years has named his left leg Law and right leg Order.

Hardrock69
03-07-2006, 08:24 PM
LMFAO!!!

:D