PDA

View Full Version : Ford Is Aol Bce?

Big Train
03-06-2006, 05:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4778136.stm

Moveon.bitch could have greater difficulties in the future...while stopping spammers. I'm waiting for the bad part...

E-mail delivery 'tax' criticised
Plans to charge to deliver e-mail have come under fire from non-profit groups who said it could cripple fundraising.

Net giant AOL is introducing the charges to stop spammers as those who pay will bypass junk mail filters.

More than fifty groups including Oxfam America, Gun Owners of America and the AFL-CIO trade union have banded together to condemn the charging plan.

In a concession to the groups, AOL has said non-profit organisations will be exempt from the charges.

In February AOL announced it was working with tech firm Goodmail to set up the certified e-mail charging plan for those that send millions of messages.

For small fees ranging from 0.25 of a cent to one cent per message, bulk e-mail senders could bypass AOL's junk mail filters and be sure that their messages get delivered to users.

AOL said the plan would reduce the amount of junk mail that people received because spammers were unlikely to pay the high fees required to get their messages to users.

Those that did not pay would have their e-mail treated as normal and risk it getting stuck in junk filters and marked as spam. Yahoo is also planning a similar service.

AOL's move sparked criticism culminating in early March with a group of more than 50 organisations banding together in a campaign to protest about the intention to charge.

The organisations protesting included the Democratic National Committee, The Electronic Frontier Foundation, Friends of the Earth and the MoveOn civic action group.

In an open letter to AOL, the non-profit groups protesting about the charging plan said it was a "threat" to a free and open internet.

Many of the groups in the campaign do much of their fund-raising and awareness work via e-mail and they fear this ability to reach supporters would be damaged by the charging plan.

The letter also warned that AOL was in danger of creating a two-tier internet; that AOL was levying a tax on e-mail and warned it could result in more junk mail for users.

The group said it counted more than 15 million people among its supporters, three million of which were AOL users.

In a late concession to the non-profit protesters, AOL has now said that they would not have to pay to have their messages included in the list of certified e-mail senders whose messages bypass filters.

AOL said it would pay the mailing fees on behalf of the non-profit groups to ensure messages get through.

FORD
03-06-2006, 05:45 PM
AOL has long been rumored to be a CIA operation.

Charlton Heston and Colin Powell have both been on AOL's board of directors.

AOL message boards and chat rooms are filled with the most vile right wing hate speech and liberal viewpoints are often censored.

AOL spied on their users long before the BCE tried to get other Internet providers to do so.

If AOL is not a direct subsidiary of the BCE, they certainly do all they can to support the regime.

Now that being said, I have my doubts about this story. Rumors of "e mail taxes" have existed for as long as the internet itself (or at least the internet as it is now commonly understood. Al Gore's internet, if you will....)

The BBC doesn't usually get their facts wrong, but I'm skeptical about this one.

DrMaddVibe
03-06-2006, 06:24 PM
free proxy servers..."google" that one!

Warham
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
FORD, have you ever had AOL? Have you ever been in the chat rooms? Liberal thought was never banned there, and I was on AOL for four LONG years (Sept 1997 till about Jan 2002). You could say just about anything, even sometimes when their 'moderators' were present.

Where do you get this shit from? It IS absolute horseshit. I used to go in their political chat rooms quite often.

FORD
03-06-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Warham
FORD, have you ever had AOL? Have you ever been in the chat rooms? Liberal thought was never banned there, and I was on AOL for four LONG years (Sept 1997 till about Jan 2002). You could say just about anything, even sometimes when their 'moderators' were present.

Where do you get this shit from? It IS absolute horseshit. I used to go in their political chat rooms quite often.

I was with AOL before they were even AOL, back in the 80's when they were a Commodore 64 - based online service named Quantum Link.

And they sucked then too. Lucky if you got online one out of every 100 attempts.

My experience in the chatrooms and boards was in the late 90's when I was arguing that the whole Monica business was simply a smokescreen for the fascist corporatist right wing preparing for a fourth reich style takeover in the year 2000.

My words could be looked up as a prophecy fulfilled, except for the fact that the nazis whined and had my posts deleted within minutes of them being posted.

Guess they didn't like my screen name "TCYD" (short for "Thurston County Young Democrats")

ELVIS
03-06-2006, 07:54 PM
You're wacky...

Warham
03-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I was with AOL before they were even AOL, back in the 80's when they were a Commodore 64 - based online service named Quantum Link.

And they sucked then too. Lucky if you got online one out of every 100 attempts.

My experience in the chatrooms and boards was in the late 90's when I was arguing that the whole Monica business was simply a smokescreen for the fascist corporatist right wing preparing for a fourth reich style takeover in the year 2000.

My words could be looked up as a prophecy fulfilled, except for the fact that the nazis whined and had my posts deleted within minutes of them being posted.

Guess they didn't like my screen name "TCYD" (short for "Thurston County Young Democrats")

I don't believe you knew that Bush was going to win back in 1998. In fact I know you didn't think that. You thought that Al Gore was going to win in 2000. You didn't know W. was going to get a sniff of the Oval Office back then.

As for anybody on the boards, they probably thought your screen name was short for a frozen yogurt company, similar to TCBY.

LoungeMachine
03-06-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
You're wacky...

No. He makes sense.

You on the other hand are many slices short of a loaf.

And a hypocrite as well.

Carry on my wayward son.

:cool:

Cathedral
03-06-2006, 08:40 PM
There'll be peace when you are done
lay your weary head to rest
don't you cry no more, NO!

Once i rose above the noise and confusuion
just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
i was soaring ever higher
but i flew too high

I think that is quite possibly the most timeless Rock Anthem since meat loafed. :)

diamondD
03-06-2006, 09:02 PM
I don't believe you knew that Bush was going to win back in 1998. In fact I know you didn't think that. You thought that Al Gore was going to win in 2000. You didn't know W. was going to get a sniff of the Oval Office back then.

As for anybody on the boards, they probably thought your screen name was short for a frozen yogurt company, similar to TCBY.

You do realize that he also claims to have invented the terms "Van Hagar" and "sheep" too? This claim isn't surprising....

Nickdfresh
03-06-2006, 09:07 PM
I feel a troll coming on...

I haven't fucked with AOL in a while.:D

jhale667
03-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
There'll be peace when you are done
lay your weary head to rest
don't you cry no more, NO!

Once i rose above the noise and confusuion
just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
i was soaring ever higher
but i flew too high

I think that is quite possibly the most timeless Rock Anthem since meat loafed. :)

And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know... :D

DrMaddVibe
03-06-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
You do realize that he also claims to have invented the terms "Van Hagar" and "sheep" too? This claim isn't surprising....

I gotta see THAT post!

Unchainme
03-06-2006, 09:58 PM
FORD did really invent the word sheep (To Describe Sheep That Is.). Rikk Even gives him credit for it in the Locked and stickied Intro to the Pen Thread. Van Hagar I have serious doubats about however.

Cathedral
03-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
FORD did really invent the word sheep (To Describe Sheep That Is.). Rikk Even gives him credit for it in the Locked and stickied Intro to the Pen Thread. Van Hagar I have serious doubats about however.

Van Hagar was coined by Roth himself in his first fly-by interview after Spammy was announced to have joined the band.

He was leaving a club or something and a reporter and his camera man asked what he thought about the announcement that Spammy took his spot and he looked at the camera, didn't even stop walking and said, "Van Hagar"...then he smiled and kept right on walking.

Ford was the first to use the word sheep to describe Van Hagar fans, and it used to ruffle lots of feathers too.
The Pasture Dump even banned you for that didn't they, Ford?

And the BCE is all Ford too, he coined that one for sure.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-06-2006, 10:40 PM

My words could be looked up as a prophecy fulfilled,

First he reveals himself as the lunatic he is...

except for the fact that the nazis whined and had my posts deleted within minutes of them being posted.

And then as the hypocrite we all have accused him of being.

FORD, you're a mod. That's it. Say what you will about Elvis here, he has never ever edited or deleted other peoples posts as far as I know. You on the other hand seem to have a fetish for the practice. For someone who complains how the current administration wants to -and does, much to my horror - stick their thumb in anything they disagree with, you really oughtta take a look in the mirror one of these days.

You're not a Democrat, young or otherwise. You're a fascist.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

FORD, you're a mod. That's it. Say what you will about Elvis here, he has never ever edited or deleted other peoples posts as far as I know. You on the other hand seem to have a fetish for the practice. For someone who complains how the current administration wants to -and does, much to my horror - stick their thumb in anything they disagree with, you really oughtta take a look in the mirror one of these days.

And go ahead and delete the above. It'll only serve to prove my point. Ultimately, what scares me about this, FORD, is that seeing how you behave, makes me question if all "liberals" are as hypocritcal as you. Because if that's the case, then I really do have reason to never participate in a national election again. Neocon shitbags at least will look you in the eye and directly tell you that they'll fuck you over, but then at least justify it by saying - and believing - that it's all for the nations good anyway.

And at least that side will lower my taxes.

Cathedral
03-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know... :D

The funny thing about wisdom is that it is a never ending journey seeking knowledge. no matter how much we learn, we never know everything and there is always more to learn.

That line is more than a lyric, it's down right prophetic and exudes pure truth.

lol, i've had too much sleep today, time to get the wheels rolling.

Roth On!

LoungeMachine
03-06-2006, 11:02 PM

Say what you will about Elvis here, he has never ever edited or deleted other peoples posts as far as I know. .

Shows how much you know.

ELVIS has indeed edited

:rolleyes:

Hardrock69
03-07-2006, 12:11 AM
This email tax thing is a hoax as relating to your average user.

But they are talking about taxing people who send millions of emails.

BULK spammers.

I say tax the shit out of them.

HOWEVER...the bulk emailers will believe this gives them permission to spam the public to death......they will just pay the taxes and get on with it, and the public will suffer.

That said....AOL could surely have CIA oversight.

But then, how would anyone know?

They would just use Echelon to police the AOL servers.

We are heading to Orwell's 1984....

Nickdfresh
03-07-2006, 12:21 AM

And at least that side will lower my taxes.

Mainly, so you can make their buddies richer by putting it into your gas tank...

DrMaddVibe
03-07-2006, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Mainly, so you can make their buddies richer by putting it into your gas tank...

You don't have a clue.

diamondD
03-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Van Hagar was coined by Roth himself in his first fly-by interview after Spammy was announced to have joined the band.

He was leaving a club or something and a reporter and his camera man asked what he thought about the announcement that Spammy took his spot and he looked at the camera, didn't even stop walking and said, "Van Hagar"...then he smiled and kept right on walking.

Ford was the first to use the word sheep to describe Van Hagar fans, and it used to ruffle lots of feathers too.
The Pasture Dump even banned you for that didn't they, Ford?

And the BCE is all Ford too, he coined that one for sure.

The Links banned him for the same thing too. Dave has an inability to function in an enviroment he doesn't have complete control over. He cried and cried about censorship in those days. You didn't DARE to edit anything of his. The mods on other boards were Nazis then, but he's just a political freedom fighter fighting the BCE. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

diamondD
03-07-2006, 07:12 AM

Just for safekeeping. ;)

Nickdfresh
03-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
You don't have a clue.

Buhuhuhuhuh! Why don't you vote for me then?

ODShowtime
03-07-2006, 09:56 AM
I feel a troll coming on...

I haven't fucked with AOL in a while.:D

That's the good ol' days there

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Shows how much you know.

ELVIS has indeed edited

then i stand corrected. to the extent dave has?

and you would agree it's wrong?

DrMaddVibe
03-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Buhuhuhuhuh! Why don't you vote for me then?

When are you running for "The Internet's Biggest Fag"?

I can be bought. What are you gonna do FOR me.

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 08:11 AM
then i stand corrected. to the extent dave has?

and you would agree it's wrong?

My record on editing in this forum is well documented.

Regardless of who is doing the editing.

:cool:

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 08:13 AM

If you were at least somewhat funny .......

But no, just stupid.

You've got to stop getting your posting tips from JizzySTOOL

Nickdfresh
03-08-2006, 09:07 AM

Well, we know your in search of him so you can be the "Internet's Biggest Powerbottom." But it's not my thing dude. I like little 20-something liberal chicks that wear a lot of black. But hey ASSvibe, don't fret, I hear Clay AIKEN likes ex-military men, I hear he was brokebackin' an ex-Army Ranger? You have a chance...;)

I can be bought. What are you gonna do FOR me.

Well, me, nothing. About the same as the Republicans are going too... They'll just fuck you over if you're middle class these days, and buffoons like you will just continue to mindlessly vote for them like a good bitch, against your own interests (like the "roll back:)©" of Premium Prevailing Wage, incompetent Federal governing, betraying their own values, the death of the American middle class, outsourcing, etc.), and crow about how you got a few hundred back in tax funds (so you could just put it in your pick up truck in about four fill-ups)...

Warham
03-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Why are you guys still bitching about gas prices? I paid like $2.30 a gallon yesterday. Wasn't that the price before Katrina hit?

It costs about $2.30 to buy a gallon of brand name bottled water in the grocery store.

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Gas is too cheap.

Bottled water costs more.

It should be 4-5 bucks a gallon.

Only then will we get serious about alternative fuels

Warham
03-08-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm serious. I hear people bitching and moaning about gas prices, but compare that to other things you buy and you'll see it's very cheap in comparison.

People take their vehicles and how far they can get on that gas for granted.

Usually people that bitch about gas drive gas guzzlers. I drive one, but I don't moan and groan. I pay up.

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm serious. .

Did anyone insinuate otherwise?

Warham
03-08-2006, 09:52 AM
No. :)

I'm just fired up this morning. hehe

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 10:46 AM
No. :)

I'm just fired up this morning. hehe

Preach, Brother, preach

:D

Nickdfresh
03-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Gas is too cheap.

I actually agree. But Republicans once made an issue of gas prices when Clinton was in office, you know, when it went from like $0.95 to like $1.40 a gallon...

And I love WARHAM's comparison pricing argument on how gas is so cheap... The only problem is that we live in an over-the-road trucking economy. EVERYTHING GOES UP because of gas prices!

And my point is, what's an extra few $100s when you just cram into your tank as Exxon-Mobil Oil sets the record for the most money ever made by a US corp? It wasn't a tax-cut, it was just a shift to the private sector and deficit spending.

Warham
03-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Oh please. How much bitching did Republicans do back in the 90's? Were they claiming that Clinton was in Exxon's back pocket?

Instead of people bitching, they should ride their bicycle to work every day. If enough folks do that, you might see gas at $1.40 again.

FORD
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
Gas is too cheap.

If gas prices only affected gas prices or maybe recreational driving, I might agree to that.

Unfortunately, the entire economy is tied to it, and we're on the verge of an economic collapse that will make the Great Depression look like a Mormon church picnic as it is.

Nickdfresh
03-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Actually, Repubs were condemning CLINTON's Middle East policy then...

And I agree, I'm gonna start riding my mountain bike around as basic transportation on weeknights/weekends when the weather breaks...

Warham
03-08-2006, 01:18 PM
We aren't even close to another Great Depression.

Quarterly growth is up. :)

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Naturally there would be exemptions for mass transit, truckers, etc, etc, etc.......

And Warham's rosey glow of our economic future is chilling.

You don't really believe we're NOT on the verge of a major setback?

Have you seen the trade defecit?

780 BILLION and growing.......

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 01:34 PM
AND IMAGINE IF $2 PER GALLON WAS FOR R AND D OF ALT FUELS

We'd all be driving SUV that get 90 miles to the gallon of cow shit / soy beans at 1.09 a gallon

Warham
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
No, I don't believe we are on the verge of 1929 again.

I'm a natural optimist. That's a conservative trait.

Dr. Love
03-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Anyone ever do a search on the number of threads with the term "BCE" in them? I'm guessing 1500 or so.

LoungeMachine
03-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Love
Anyone ever do a search on the number of threads with the term "BCE" in them? I'm guessing 1500 or so.

Count and sort them for us, will ya.

You got that kind of time :cool:

You can even wear your bathrobe

FORD
03-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Here's my alternative plan for gas prices....

Democrats : $1.00/gallon
Republicans ; $4.00/gallon

You guys are the ones who keep putting the goddamned oil thieves back in the White House. Why should WE pay for it?

Unchainme
03-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Here's my alternative plan for gas prices....

Democrats : $1.00/gallon
Republicans ; $4.00/gallon

You guys are the ones who keep putting the goddamned oil thieves back in the White House. Why should WE pay for it?

What about Indepedents? Republicans and Libetarians who don't support Bush?

Nickdfresh
03-08-2006, 08:47 PM
No, I don't believe we are on the verge of 1929 again.

I'm a natural optimist. That's a conservative trait.

No, but we are hastening the decline of the US as an empire and Superpower by making incredibly stupid, short sighted decisions that only benefit a small segment of the population...

Nickdfresh
03-08-2006, 08:49 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=32&dateline=1141866598

That's a cool avatar pic FORD...

Did you know that both, esp. JFK, were huge fans of the guy in my avatar? The books I mean...

FORD
03-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
What about Indepedents? Republicans and Libetarians who don't support Bush?

For purposes of this discussion, "Republicans" means anyone who voted for Chimpy in both 2000 and 2004.

Those who voted for him in 2000 but not 2004 might be let off with $2.50/gallon ;)

FORD
03-08-2006, 08:51 PM
http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=32&dateline=1141866598

That's a cool avatar pic FORD...

Did you know that both, esp. JFK, were huge fans of the guy in my avatar? The books I mean...

Too bad they weren't as quick with a gun as he was, or they might both be around today :(