PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Blues

DLRSLAVE
04-10-2004, 02:05 AM
Feelin a little ---? I took my daughter out to dinner & drinks to celebate her 21st birthday. Wow time flies......:(

Viking
04-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Yeah, it does. I don't like looking in the mirror and seeing '40' myself.

Sweet Irony
04-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, DLRS....one 'dumb' option is to remind yourself of the 'alternative' to having another birthday....(and the 'being glad you are here to see her milestone')

Another thought is---be glad you are so much wiser than most! And still young at heart! And lookin good! And well....you get the picture.....;)

Time Does fly......as you get older, it truly seems to fly faster...

Still----Glad youre here with us now!!!!!

DLRSLAVE
04-11-2004, 03:01 AM
Thanks Sweet!.. glad I'm here too

Panamark
04-11-2004, 07:43 AM
I think you reach a point of acceptance and then decide to enjoy what you have got left. Im being dragged kicking and screaming to that point of acceptance. I dont want to get old. And Lisa, doesnt time fly, every bloody year gets faster. Senior citizens must feel like they have birthdays every few weeks.... It must get faster and faster to the point where you die. Its amazing as a child how slowly time moves.

DLRSLAVE, dont worry, look around, everyone else is in the same
boat, and cant do a damn thing about it. So you are in excellent company ! :) It sucks, but we all have to go through it.

PHOENIX
04-11-2004, 08:06 AM
I think growing old is just something you naturally get used to.

But hair loss is a constant reminder of this process.:D

Susie Q
04-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by DLRSLAVE
Feelin a little ---? I took my daughter out to dinner & drinks to celebate her 21st birthday. Wow time flies......:(

I think about this a lot myself. When my neice was old enough to drive and she took me out for Ice Cream, I was practically drenched in tears. I couldn't believe this baby who is a grown up girl is actually driving a car! I used to change the diapers, feed her, burp her. Now she is a big girl who is married, owns a nice vehicle, owns a home.....

It amazes me!

Then I look at my own two kids. The KING™ is 11, and the Princess™ is 7. I took my boy to the Dave concert last August. I am taking him to see Van Hagar so he gets the chance to see Eddie, Alex, and Mike. Too bad it wasn't all together. He is now my "concert" buddy. We put the tunes on in the car and jam to some incredible stuff. His latest band he likes is Rush. (Tom Sawyer got him hooked)

So, I guess what I am saying is....yah we are getting old (I turned 40 in December), but we are getting to share some incredible experiences with our own kids. Making things fresh and new that you have enjoyed in your years, and showing it to your children is a gift. Like Sweet Irony said. You are here to give your children happy memories.

Happy 21'st birthday to "your baby". :)

DLRSLAVE
04-13-2004, 02:44 AM
I know age is just a number, but I don't like my # I also have a king who is 12 & a hubby who is 8yrs my junior who both keep me young
at heart & mind. My son loves hip hop so we listen to his fav artist in
my car (usher,j-kwon,50 cent,ludacris..etc...) My hubby induldges me and lets me drag him to as many as Dave's show as $ possible. Then
I get a surprise like I did today as I went into a am/pm to pay for my
gas as I walked back to my car a young man of say 28 is leaning against his work truck & shouts at me hey your hot...I looked at him and said thanks as I walked away with a smile on my face.

Susie Q
04-13-2004, 06:32 PM
ATTA GIRL!! :hula: :baaa:

That's the thing, I feel like I am in my twenties, most think I am. It certainly is a great feeling isn't it? :)

High Life Man
04-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Please tell us more about your 21 year old daughter! :D

DLRSLAVE
04-14-2004, 12:46 AM
HLM....let me tell ya something bout my 21 yr baby girl she has a 23yr
old sista & one hell of a crazy ass mo for ass kickin taken no names
dad:wow2:

DLRSLAVE
04-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Susie Q
ATTA GIRL!! :hula: :baaa:

That's the thing, I feel like I am in my twenties, most think I am. It certainly is a great feeling isn't it? :)

Exactly...my hubby is in his thirties (shit I almost gave up my #) and
yet everyone thinks I'm younger than he is :tits:

High Life Man
04-14-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by DLRSLAVE
HLM....let me tell ya something bout my 21 yr baby girl she has a 23yr
old sista & one hell of a crazy ass mo for ass kickin taken no names
dad:wow2:

Ouch.

Beware of big papa I guess...

I take it they are very hot (taking after their mother of course)...

DLRSLAVE
04-14-2004, 11:09 PM
HLM....Thanks for the kind words lol xoxo :xmas: