PDA

View Full Version : Bonds steroids use exposed

bastardog
03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Check this out
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/06/news.excerpt/index.html?cnn=yes

In my opinion: No matter what he is a super star

ALinChainz
03-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Bonds lawyer plans to lawsuit over steroids book

By JUSTIN M. NORTON, Associated Press Writer

March 23, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Barry Bonds' lawyer said he plans to sue the authors and publisher of a book alleging the outfielder used steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs.

Attorney Michael Rains sent a letter Thursday to an agent for the authors of "Game of Shadows," alerting them of his plans to sue the writers, publisher Gotham Books, the San Francisco Chronicle and Sports Illustrated, which published excerpts earlier this month.

The Chronicle posted the letter on its Web site. A hearing in San Francisco Superior Court was tentatively scheduled for 11 a.m. Friday.

The book by Chronicle reporters Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams was released Thursday. It claims Bonds used steroids, human growth hormone, insulin and other banned substances for at least five seasons beginning in 1998.

"We certainly stand by our reporters and the reporting they did for us," said Chronicle Executive Vice President and Editor Phil Bronstein. "Nothing that's happened will change that."

Rains will ask a judge Friday to issue a temporary restraining order forfeiting all profits from publication and distribution, according to the letter. He said he plans to file the suit under California's unfair competition law.

The Chronicle reported that Rains will ask a federal judge to initiate contempt proceedings "for the use of illegally obtained" grand jury transcripts the authors used in writing the book. The paper also reported that Rains said profits should be forfeited because of that.

Williams said the book will stand up to a court challenge.

"I don't know what the legal action they contemplate is," he said. "Gotham can speak to the legal issues but the facts in our book are true and they will stand up to scrutiny."

Rains did not immediately return messages left by The Associated Press.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Aj7.SbrCV1Y4UYxPBOsl7vY5nYcB?slug=ap-bondsbook&prov=ap&type=lgns

Dave's PA Rental
03-23-2006, 07:14 PM
This is the second hardcover book that I got on its day of release...the first was CFTH by Roth...

ALinChainz
03-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Does it say somewhere in there that Bonds was jealous of Mac and Sammy in the '88 race for Maris' record?

I think I heard that this morning on Today.

Dave's PA Rental
03-23-2006, 10:02 PM
you mean 1998, and yes, it does. He was incredibly jealous of Mac and prior to the offseason after '98 he had never juiced...

Bob_R
03-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Barry Bonds is an :asshole:

tjvhou812
03-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
Barry Bonds is an :asshole:

Yes he is

Redballjets88
03-23-2006, 11:18 PM
i cant stand him...mostly because of how he acts, like if he was decent as a human being, and didnt always act like he was god then he would be great but IMO he is just a juiced up waste of time. and he is a blatant racist

Brett
03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
He's a cheating cunt. Next. May he tear a hamstring opening day.

DlocRoth
03-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Brett
He's a cheating cunt. Next. May he tear a hamstring opening day.

Check that...

May he hit 45 dingers for my fantasy baseball team, then retire.

bastardog
03-24-2006, 10:14 AM
No matter what he is a good player....
Mac did steroids and had his record so Bonds should have his...
but yes.......he is an asshole of a person....a big asshole

The scheme of steroids he used was something well studied (or it looks like that to me) so it could be used by other players too.......so how you know who is (or was) on that?
I mean Palmeiro doesn't on anyway looks like a steroids players...but tested positive... so how many are in the same treatment?

ALinChainz
03-25-2006, 01:57 AM
Judge denies Bonds' bid to freeze profits from book

By DAVID KRAVETS, Associated Press Writer

March 24, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- A judge denied Barry Bonds' bid to block the authors and publishers from making money on a book claiming the San Francisco Giants slugger used steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs, and said Bonds' suit against them has little chance of success.

Bonds' attorneys argued that the authors, publisher Gotham Books, the San Francisco Chronicle and Sports Illustrated, which published excerpts of the book, should be held liable for publishing "illegally obtained grand jury transcripts."

The book, "Game of Shadows," by Chronicle reporters Mark Fainaru-Wada and Lance Williams, is based partly on grand jury testimony from a federal investigation into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, where Bonds and several other major league players allegedly obtained performance-enhancing drugs.

But Judge James Warren refused to issue a temporary restraining order against the authors and publisher, citing free speech protections. And though he did not throw out the lawsuit, Warren said it has little chance of success.

Meanwhile, Bonds' attorneys also sent a letter Friday to U.S. District Judge Susan Illston demanding that the writers and publishers be held liable.

"The true victim is not Barry Bonds, but the sanctity and integrity of the grand jury process," attorney Alison Berry Wilkinson wrote.

The book claims Bonds used steroids, human growth hormone, insulin and other banned substances for at least five seasons beginning in 1998.

"We fully stand behind our reporting of the book," said Mark Fainaru-Wada, one of the authors.

"We certainly stand by our reporters and the reporting they did for us," Chronicle executive vice president and editor Phil Bronstein said. "Nothing that's happened will change that."

Spokeswoman Lisa Johnson said publisher Gotham Books supports both authors.

"We at Gotham Books are shocked that Barry Bonds would take such a foolish step," she said. "Any respected First Amendment lawyer in America knows that his claim is nonsense."

Attorney Michael Rains said Bonds will not comment directly on the lawsuit, but strongly supports the case. Bonds has refused to discuss allegations in the book.

"His bat speaks for himself and he's not going to speak on this action and this book," Rains said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ag4mIQkUSyiHKIWpocq3HUg5nYcB?slug=ap-bondsbook&prov=ap&type=lgns

EbDawson
03-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I read that SI article. This new book pretty much nails his hide to the wall.

POJO_Risin
03-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Check out my thread on this as well...it's in here somewhere...I provide a link when I get to it...or...lmfao...YOU CAN LOOK YOURSELF YOU FUCKERS...;)

It's a POJO Dojo article...

and please...comment on the damn thing...;)

redblkwht
04-12-2006, 12:29 PM
he really was cheating!!!!!!!!

DlocRoth
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:lol:

bastardog
04-12-2006, 04:08 PM
If he was the only cheater then is OK to annulate his record...
but Mac, Sosa, Palmeiro and so others made the same thing

redblkwht
04-12-2006, 08:39 PM
I knew youd like it bro..lol
bump this fucker i want everyone to laugh tonight!!

Brett
04-13-2006, 02:54 AM
LMAO Red!

BITEYOASS
04-19-2006, 09:30 AM
bumping this thread back up

EbDawson
04-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Bonds even have a home run yet?

Brett
04-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Nope and 1 RBI.