PDA

View Full Version : Ariz. Governor Orders Troops to Border

Hardrock69
03-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Mar 08 7:41 PM US/Eastern

By JACQUES BILLEAUD
Associated Press Writer

PHOENIX

Gov. Janet Napolitano on Wednesday ordered more National Guardsmen posted at the Mexican border to help stop illegal immigrants and curb related crimes.

National Guard troops have worked at the border since 1988, but Napolitano signed an order authorizing commanders to station an unspecified number of additional soldiers there to help federal agents.

Once the funding is approved, the troops will monitor crossing points, assist with cargo inspection and operate surveillance cameras, according to the order.

"They are not there to militarize the border," the governor said. "We are not at war with Mexico."

About 170 National Guardsmen are already posted at the nation's busiest illegal entry point, where they assist with communications, fence construction and anti-drug efforts.

Napolitano did not say how many additional troops would be stationed at the border and referred questions to the National Guard, which did not immediately return a call.

The Democratic governor proposed sending troops to the border more than two months ago. Her critics in the Republican-led Legislature then introduced a bill requiring her to do so and providing $10 million for the project.

The bill won final approval Wednesday in the House and was headed to the governor, but she promised to veto the measure, saying it infringes on her constitutional powers as commander in chief of the Arizona National Guard.

Napolitano has asked the military to pay for her plan, but said she would commit state dollars if necessary.

The governor declared an immigration emergency last summer in Arizona's four border counties, citing security shortcomings by the federal government.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/08/D8G7NJE80.html

ULTRAMAN VH
03-09-2006, 07:29 PM
This is not what it seems. The Guard is being sent in to help the border patrol with their computer systems and maintenance of their patrol vehicles. More smoke and mirrors dealing with a serious problem that is destroying our country. This is an invasion, and both Democrats and Republicans our just giving our country away with open borders and selling off huge American corporations to the chinese and other countries.

Nitro Express
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
You mean there still is a border?

Jerry Falwell
03-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
You mean there still is a border?

Good call!

Nickdfresh
03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
This is not what it seems. The Guard is being sent in to help the border patrol with their computer systems and maintenance of their patrol vehicles. More smoke and mirrors dealing with a serious problem that is destroying our country. This is an invasion, and both Democrats and Republicans our just giving our country away with open borders and selling off huge American corporations to the chinese and other countries.

Yes but, ask yourself, which party controls the Congressional and executive branch? :)

Jerry Falwell
03-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I applaud her for doing this. I would be thrilled if we found out that she ordered in about 10,000 troops to help secure the border. Only time will tell exactly what role they will play there. Some say that these personel will strictly be in technical type support jobs. I doubt that is the case. But I'm not "In the Know" on this one.

Hardrock69
03-10-2006, 12:47 AM
I agree.

Chimpy is selling this country.

Outsourcing everywhere.

Trying to actively assist illegal immigrants.

Trying to sell control of our ports to our enemies.

THIS FUCKER IS A TREASONOUS, LYING SACK OF SHIT AND NEEDS TO BE IMPEACHED!!!

:mad: