PDA

View Full Version : Nine Die in Group Suicides

Matt White
03-10-2006, 01:06 PM
By KOZO MIZOGUCHI, AP

TOKYO (March 10) - Nine people in two groups were found asphyxiated in sealed cars, apparently the latest cases of group suicides that have surged in Japan, police said Friday.

Six bodies - five men and one woman in their 20s - was discovered early Friday in a car in Chichibu, about 50 miles northwest of Tokyo, said Ichiro Fukumoto, a spokesman with Chichibu police.

Fukumoto said three charcoal burners were still smoking in the car when the bodies were found, and the windows had been sealed with tape. Authorities thought the six met over the Internet before dying together in a forested area Thursday night.

A separate group of three bodies - one man and two women - was discovered Wednesday in Aomori, 360 miles northeast of Tokyo, a police official said on condition of anonymity because of department rules.

The three, in their 20s and 30s, also died by inhaling charcoal fumes in a car. Kyodo News agency reported they had met in a hospital and had told others they wanted to die.

Their deaths were the latest in a rash of group suicides in Japan, particularly those set up between strangers over the Internet.

A record 91 people died in 34 Internet-linked suicide cases last year, up from 55 people in 19 cases in 2004, the National Police Agency reported last month. The number of Internet suicide pacts has almost tripled from 2003, when the agency started keeping records.

Suicide pacts have been made over the Internet since at least the late 1990s, and have been reported everywhere from Guam to the Netherlands.

But especially large numbers have occurred in Japan, where suicide rates are among the world's highest. More than 32,000 Japanese took their own lives in 2004.

03-10-06 08:35 EST

IN THEIR 20'S!!!!:mad:

CATO...WTF is going on!!!!:confused:

Nitro Express
03-11-2006, 02:40 AM
I could see having group sex with strangers met on the internet but suicide? The Japanese have always done some wierd shit.

bueno bob
03-11-2006, 03:21 AM
In tragic news, I was one of those fatalities. I was on vacation and the online suicide club looked too good to be true. Then I found out that it really wasn't.

Matt White
03-11-2006, 01:37 PM
You rascal!!!

bueno bob
03-11-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
You rascal!!!

I'm a BAAAAAAAAD man!

Terry
03-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
I could see having group sex with strangers met on the internet but suicide? The Japanese have always done some wierd shit.

Yeah, weird, as opposed to having group sex with strangers met on the internet...you know, common everyday things like that:confused:

Nitro Express
03-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Terry
Yeah, weird, as opposed to having group sex with strangers met on the internet...you know, common everyday things like that:confused:

LOL!

DrMaddVibe
03-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Woo-hoo!

W00t w00t for natural selection!

Terry
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
LOL!

Just fucking with you, Nitro;)

bueno bob
03-12-2006, 02:24 AM

You'd be surprised how frequent it is.

Matt White
03-12-2006, 03:00 AM
BANZAI!!!

Nitro Express
03-12-2006, 03:12 AM
Just fucking with you, Nitro;)

I thought you were seriouse! LOL! Hey, if I wanted to have group sex with a bunch of fags off the internet, I would be trolling over at the links or Sammy's site.

Terry
03-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
You'd be surprised how frequent it is.

Have no doubt.