PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody not grow up being a metalhead?

PHOENIX
04-11-2004, 08:08 AM
If you have various tastes in music or got into different styles later on please share them with us.

Susie Q
04-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Well...I first began loving Elvis Presley back in 1967. Then I went into loving David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, and Donny Osmond. Then I went through the Leif Garrett, Beach Boys, Bay City Rollers and Bee Gee phase. Then I started to listen to Queen, Heart, Cheap Trick, Van Halen, AC/DC, Winger, Ratt, Poison, Trixter, Def Leppard, Pink Floyd, The Who, Metallica, Rush, etc...

So I evolved musically, and now I am at a point that I am "Stuck in the 80's" and also like country, and some new stuff that piss people off. LOL

:o

Coyote
04-11-2004, 09:07 AM
I grew up with all kinds: From Abba to Tina Turner to Queen to ZZ Top.
(That might explain my weird taste in music from time to time...)

PHOENIX
04-11-2004, 09:55 AM
When i was around ten i liked stuff like Bruce Springsteen, The Beatles and The Police. Then i discovered Motley Crue, Ozzy, Iron Maiden,Led Zeppelin and Van Halen.

Followed by a hatred of hair metal i got into Metallica , Megadeth and Slayer.

After that i got into Alternative listening to the Cult. Chili Peppers, Janes Addiction, Nirvana Etc.

Then by around 99 i got back into the 70's and 80's and i've been stuck there ever since.

Jesus Christ
04-11-2004, 12:00 PM
Verily, there was no metal when I grew up. In fact, there was no rock n roll at all. :(

PHOENIX
04-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Christ
Verily, there was no metal when I grew up. In fact, there was no rock n roll at all. :(

I guess you dont like Judas Priest then.:D

alexpgrimes
04-11-2004, 11:06 PM
I was about 8 years old when my mom got me an am radio that attacted to my bike. I would ride around the neighborhood listening to Abba, Michael Murphy, Seals and Croft, What ever was on the station that I could get in.

Ally_Kat
04-11-2004, 11:30 PM
i like almost everything

rustoffa
04-11-2004, 11:52 PM
I remember hearing alot of Little River Band songs on the radio. I think when I saw Cheap Trick on Don Kirshners rock concert one night it scared me.

Panamark
04-12-2004, 05:45 AM
I grew up with music from the moment I was born. My mother loved her music so I was weaned on Rock'n'Roll from the 50's and 60's. Beatles, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, the Beach Boys also the English stuff, Gerry and the Pacemakers, Dave Clark
Five, The Searchers, Peter and Gordon etc etc, later on the Bee Gees, Abba, The Hollies all the stuff my Mum loved, *THEN* I started to wonder what else was out there, in secondary school I started to listen to Black Sabbath, Kiss, The Sweet, Led Zep, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Sex Pistols and Van Halen. This led to an ever increasing love of Metal, like Phoenix I started to get into the Thrashier stuff, Metallica, Megadeth, Metal Church etc. Throw in Motley Crue and Guns'n'Roses from the Mainstream. I started playing guitar at 16 and that made me more interested in the Heavier style of guitaring. Because it was the
most fun to play ! I also listened to all the masters like Malmsteen,
VAI, Satch. But my two favourites would have to be Eddie and Randy Rhoads.

Metal is by far my favourite style of music and still gives me that rush when I hear good examples of it. But I can appreciate all forms of music, I can recognize good work in any genre. Except for techno/Dance music with the Doof Doof beat. I hate that shit and dont think I could ever understand or appreciate it. It all sounds so industrial and lifeless. Like a product of a computer. Music has to have the human element, or its not music.

I guess I didnt really answer the question.. Ah fuck it.. Im just a Metal Head !! :)

Panamark
04-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Listening to Savatage as I type this.

PHOENIX
04-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Listening to Savatage as I type this.

I love Hall of the Mountain King. Great fooking soloing in that one.:D

Panamark
04-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
I love Hall of the Mountain King. Great fooking soloing in that one.:D

Its was Hall of the mountain king I was listeneing to ! :)

rustoffa
04-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
Its was Hall of the mountain king I was listeneing to ! :)

Yessir's, THAT is a good one.

Seshmeister
04-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
i like almost everything

Anal?