PDA

View Full Version : Elevator Action

Terry
03-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Picked up Taito LEGENDS for PS2...bunch of older vid games for a geezer like me (Space Invaders, Space Gun, Jungle Hunt, Operation Wolf, Operation Thunderbolt, etc.)...

Anyway, what I had totally forgotten about was that I used to get zonked on purple double-barrel mescaline and play this game called Elevator Action at the local 7-11 all night long...this was, like, 20 years ago...

and lo and behold, LEGENDS has it!

Anyway, I still like oatmeal.

bueno bob
03-12-2006, 04:41 AM
ELEVATOR ACTION!!!

That game kicked ass...

saint
03-12-2006, 05:29 AM
I loved the theme tune, but I found it very difficult, those guard came from nowhere.

Terry
03-12-2006, 09:59 AM
The neat part about the PS2 game is that you can change the skill levels, so that the guards come out of the doors and lie down on their stomachs to shoot you right from level one...not all of them do it, but you don't have to play the game for several levels to have it become hard...

saint, who is that lovely asain girl in the pinkish red bikini?

saint
03-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I dont know she is lovely but all that swaying is making me seasick

shaggydoo
03-15-2006, 06:14 AM
I remember "Elevator Action"! That game was awesome back in the day. Was the"Crazy Climber" game from around that era too or a little earlier, coz I remeber that one very vividly, it was quite bizarre but great to play!

classicdude
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Man, Elevator Action and Karate Champ were two of the games back in the day I could actually get past a level or two. I liked how when you busted a level in Elevator action the spy would hop in the sports car and zoom away. :D

shaggydoo
03-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by classicdude
Man, Elevator Action and Karate Champ were two of the games back in the day I could actually get past a level or two. I liked how when you busted a level in Elevator action the spy would hop in the sports car and zoom away. :D

True dat! Awesome games with more "playability" than anything recent I can think of.

Back in those days the computing power was obviously nowhere near what it is today, so to include those animations like the spy hopping in the car was a somewhat amazing and much appreciated bonus imho!

I recall the one game that I was any good at called "Frisky Tom". Not a popular game but I liked it, especially due to the bonus animation you got after every second screen. The animation consisted of a cartoon style buxom lass sitting in a bath tub filled with bubbles. The further you progressed through the levels, the less bubbles were left covering her. I got far enough one time that I was treated to a glimpse of cartoony nipple... WOW! However the machine was taken away as it was not a profitable one. Quite a rare game, only ever saw another one of them, and on that one the dip-switch toggle settings must have been set to "family safe" mode as the cartoony babe had a bikini top on. Still I am left to wonder after all these years, how far would the cartoon babe go?

ODShowtime
03-17-2006, 04:25 PM
It's all about Discs of Tron.

Full Bug
03-18-2006, 12:57 PM
You can find a decent version of Elevator Action here, just tried it and its good....
http://www.spacialfx.com/

shaggydoo
03-18-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
You can find a decent version of Elevator Action here, just tried it and its good....

Thanks for that link, just checking it now.

If you can find the "romz" for Elevator Action, or other classic arcade games, you can be playing the real thing on your PC using MAME, The Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator - http://www.mame.net/

Matt White
03-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by classicdude

Exactly, exactly

Terry
03-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Am really beginning to despise the spies on the later levels who come out the door and lay down on their stomachs to shoot me, though.

If they can do that, I should be able to as well.

Cockney Cant
03-22-2006, 03:13 PM
I'm sooo lonely.

Terry
03-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Cockney Cant
I'm sooo lonely.

Mmmmm, yes...I...see:cry2:

shaggydoo
03-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug

A good attempt for a home-brew, but I'm finding it quite buggy.

I can't seem to crush the spies whilst riding the elevators, perhaps this feature is not implemented! Also missing the feature where you could shoot at the light fixtures and drop them onto the spies.

audiospectrum
03-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Oh man I too love this game but could never get past the first level. (Going down the stairs was really tricky, you had to get it just right.) I'll pump it on tonight for old times sake, but one old style game I was playing last night was APB, where you go bust all these dudes in your car and ram them off the road. If you got too many demerits you got booted into a garbage can (literally!)