PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Steven Tyler?

fryingdutchman
03-13-2006, 05:55 PM
This is probably a bunch of bullshit hype over Tyler having the flu or something....but here we go.

Aerosmith's Mystery Ailment
Fri Mar 10, 7:00 AM

It seems that Steven Tyler is feeling less than F.I.N.E fine.

The Aerosmith frontman has reportedly come down with an unspecified illness that has forced the veteran rockers to cancel a string of recent tour dates.

No details of Tyler's ailment have been made public and no notice of the cancellations has appeared on the band's official Website. Though published reports have identified Tyler as the ailing band member, the band's spokesperson stopped short of a confirmation.

"I know there?s illness in the camp," Shazila Mohammed, tour press director, said in a statement. "Beyond that, I can?t say."

On Saturday, the aging Rock and Roll Hall of Famers bowed out of an appearance in Pensacola, Florida just hours before they were scheduled to take the stage at the Pensacola Civic Center.

"The show was here, there were 18 trucks and 13 buses and everything was ready to go," civic center spokesperson Cyndee Pennington told the Pensacola News Journal. "But Aerosmith wasn't even in town. But their tour manager was in the venue and he told us."

On Tuesday, the band pulled a similar stunt before an appearance in Lexington, Kentucky, canceling an appearance at Rupp Arena just 15 minutes before they were due to touch down at the local airport.

"We had an 11 a.m. phone call telling us he [Tyler] was fine," arena spokesman Carl Hall, director of arena management at Rupp, told the Lexington Herald-Leader. "Everybody breathed a sign of relief. Then the sigh became a gasp. The band was flying here, they were in the air, when whatever was going wrong with Steve Tyler messed up again."

Without giving further explanation for the no-show, the band reportedly turned its plane around and returned to their hometown of Boston.

But even after returning to familiar stomping grounds, Aerosmith was not prepared to perform their concert in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Thursday. On Friday, came word that the band was also canceling a Sunday appearance in Hershey, Pennsylvania.

There were no plans to reschedule any of the shows, though refunds for the tickets were available at point of purchase.

Aerosmith is next slated to appear Wednesday in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania. The current tour is scheduled to wrap up April 9 in Vancouver.

Per Billboard, Aerosmith is the number three tour in the country, behind U2 and Bon Jovi.

Copyright (c) 2006 E! Entertainment

Steven Tyler is cool....as is Aerosmith in general.

Hope that he's ok.

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Damn, I'm surprised he's not dead already from taking more drugs than a hospital in the 70's & 80's...

WARREN ZEVON succumbed to cancer that he attributed to years of drug abuse. Hopefully, TYLER is not sick as that...

Unchainme
03-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I say one more tour, Hoepfully I'm praying to God, Because I want to see them one last time. They're my 2nd Favorite Band, And The First Hard Rock Band I discovered. Tyler/Perry Will always be my heroes, Wish thy hadn't have been doing the shitty songs with santana as of late.

bueno bob
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm sure he's fine...

Terry
03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Aerosmith has become a suckfest for the last 15-odd years, but hope nothing serious is wrong with Tyler.

People like him and Richards deserve to make it to 100.

Loons The Great
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
"Honkin' On Bobo," is a helluva blues, blues-rock record nah yez. I hope the Toxic Twins live to be 120 nah.

Hardrock69
03-20-2006, 12:32 PM
His vocal chords are seriously strained according to reports...

Seems his doctor has ORDERED him to go home and rest....

fryingdutchman
03-22-2006, 11:54 AM
**UPDATED INFORMATION**

LOS ANGELES - Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler will undergo surgery this week for an undisclosed medical condition, forcing the band to cancel the remaining dates of its North American tour.

The band's publicist, Marcee Rondan, said Tuesday that Tyler was "doing fine" but declined to elaborate on his condition.

"Despite Aerosmith's desire to keep the tour going as long as possible, Tyler's doctors advised him not to continue performing to give his voice time to recover," Rondan said in a statement.

Tyler, who turns 58 on Sunday, can't perform for an extended period of time, Rondan said, adding the band was on hiatus.

Aerosmith canceled recent concerts in Manchester, N.H., Pensacola, Fla., and Lexington, Ky., because of illness, though the tour press director did not disclose who was sick or the nature of the illness.

Looks like it is the ol' vocal chords....

Hardrock69
03-22-2006, 01:32 PM
Perhaps he has nodes on his vocal chords....

ThrillsNSpills
03-28-2006, 05:19 AM
or it could be karma from doing songs like Angel, Don't Want to Miss a Thing, and Cryin.

WACF
03-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Heavy cheese factor must of had an impact.

Hopefully things work out for him...when he wants to rock Aerosmith kicks ass.

Mama's Fool
03-28-2006, 08:57 PM
The thing is he's such a nice guy too. You never hear any bad stories about him floating around, even from the drug days. Hopefully they get back around. Even though their newer original stuff hasn't been great, they are still awesome live.