PDA

View Full Version : Dubya's Ratings Hit A New Low...Again

blueturk
03-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Iraq Drives Bush's Rating To New Low

Americans pessimistic on war as president launches new push

Monday, March 13, 2006; Posted: 7:35 p.m. EST (00:35 GMT)

Sixty percent of those polled say they disapprove of President Bush's performance

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Growing dissatisfaction with the war in Iraq has driven President Bush's approval rating to a new low of 36 percent, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Monday.

Only 38 percent said they believe the nearly 3-year-old war was going well for the United States, down from 46 percent in January, while 60 percent said they believed the war was going poorly.

Nearly half of those polled said they believe Democrats would do a better job of managing the war -- even though only a quarter of them said the opposition party has a clear plan for resolving the situation. (Interactive: poll results)

Pollsters quizzed 1,001 adults Friday through Sunday for the poll; most questions had a sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Fifty-seven percent said they believe the March 2003 invasion of Iraq was a mistake, near September's record high of 59 percent. That question had a sampling error of plus or minus 4.5 points.

Bush's approval rating of 36 percent is the lowest mark of his presidency in a Gallup poll, falling a percentage point below the 37 percent approval he scored in November. The previous CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll, conducted February 28-March 1, put his job approval at 38 percent. (View Bush's second term approval ratings)

Sixty percent of those surveyed in the latest poll said they disapproved of his performance in office, the same figure as in the last poll. (Read full results document -- PDF)

Certain about Iraq
The poll found Bush's fortunes are tied to Iraq, where more than 2,300 U.S. troops have been killed.

Two-thirds of those surveyed told pollsters that history will remember Bush most for the March 2003 invasion that toppled Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein and the battle against a persistent insurgency that followed the Hussein regime's collapse.

Bush launched his latest effort to shore up support for the war Monday, accusing Iran of providing explosives used to attack American troops and telling an audience at George Washington University that U.S. forces were "making progress" against insurgents.

He also praised Iraqis for averting civil war despite the sectarian violence that came after February's bombing of the al-Askariya mosque in Samarra, a revered Shiite Muslim shrine.

"The situation in Iraq is still tense, and we're still seeing acts of sectarian violence and reprisal," Bush said. "Yet out of this crisis, we've also seen signs of a hopeful future." (Full story)

With congressional elections approaching, public discontent with the war appeared to be taking a toll on Bush's fellow Republicans.

Only 32 percent polled over the weekend said they thought Bush had a clear plan for handling the situation in Iraq, while 67 percent said he did not.

Only 25 percent said Democrats had a clear plan -- but 48 percent said Democrats would do a better job managing the issue, while 40 percent favored Republicans.

Democrats enjoy lead
Those figures, along with weakened support for GOP handling of the battle against terrorism, have given Democrats a 16 percentage point lead over Republicans when registered voters are asked which party they will support in November. (Watch what the poll might mean at the polls -- 1:49)

Democrats drew the support of 55 percent of the registered voters questioned, while 39 percent said they would be voting Republican in the fall. That question had a sampling error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.

Republicans held a 4-point advantage over Democrats on dealing with terrorism, 45 to 41 percent. And despite increasing optimism about economic conditions, Democrats held a strong lead over the GOP, 53-38 percent, when asked which party would better manage the economy.

To make the case for war, Bush and other top officials said the invasion of Iraq was necessary to strip the country of illicit stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. U.S. inspectors later concluded that Iraq had dismantled its weapons programs under U.N. sanctions in the 1990s, though it had concealed some weapons-related research from the United Nations.

The latest poll found 51 percent of Americans believed the administration deliberately misled the public about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, while 46 percent disagreed. That question had a sampling error of 4.5 percentage points as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/13/bush.poll/

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-13-2006, 10:17 PM
YAWN

Does that mean he'll have to revoke his Supreme Court nominees? Nope, they've already gotten the job. (and will be the most enduring legacy of any president's tenure).

Does that mean the policy in Iraq will change anytime soon? Don't make me laugh.

Does that mean Whittington has no longer been shot in the face? Nope. Even with their most atrotious, unpopular actions, give this administation credit: they don't turn back the clock on what they've done (bless 'em).

Meanwhile, you unappreciative pinko, the economy happens to be strong as ever right now.

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 10:19 PM
God you are gay...

"Take your panties off" bitch...

Warham
03-13-2006, 10:21 PM
He actually makes sense with that post.

There's nothing to disagree with there.

jhale667
03-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Warham

Except maybe the part about (by troll logic apparently) anyone who's not a busheep is an 'unappreciative pinko'....:rolleyes:

Warham
03-13-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Except maybe the part about (by troll logic apparently) anyone who's not a busheep is an 'unappreciative pinko'....:rolleyes:

Like everybody else here is innocent in namecalling? :rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 10:27 PM

No. Actually, he's clueless...

Dumbya' is a Lame-Duck for the rest of his term, if he makes it. His "Supreme Court legacy" will result in little change, and if ROE is overturned, well that will just re-energize the PRO-CHOICE movement actually, which is already happening...

And IRAQ? Well I guess more US troops will die because we have an ineffectual chicken hawk at commander and thief.

Typical short sighted, partisan stupidity. But he really doesnt mean what he says anyway...

BTW, he was asking your friends to "take her panties off" via PM...

jhale667
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Like everybody else here is innocent in namecalling? :rolleyes:

Who you calling 'name-caller', bitch?!?! LMAO ;) I KEED!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-13-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
No. Actually, he's clueless...

Dumbya' is a Lame-Duck for the rest of his term, if he makes it. His "Supreme Court legacy" will result in little change, and if ROE is overturned, well that will just re-energize the PRO-CHOICE movement actually, which is already happening...

And IRAQ? Well I guess more US troops will die because we have an ineffectual chicken hawk at commander and thief.

Typical short sighted, partisan stupidity. But he really doesnt mean what he says anyway...

No, that's LONG TERM thinking, NIKKI. Wanna know why there was no exit strategy? SIMPLE: there's never been ANY intention on exiting!!! To secure US interests, Iraq is Main St. in the new global market. It's the middle of the middle east.

And you're a complete MORON if you think his the Roberts led Supreme Court won't constantly make judgements that will please ALL the people who were BUsh's most fervent contributors and backers.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-13-2006, 10:37 PM

Okay there, Super-Boy. Since you want to get into this, though, in truth, it has nothing to do with you, does it: she was posting in a thread about masterbating. she was contributing to it. so i PM'd here. she said she wasn't interested. that was that. ta-da. BFD.

Do I know that she is involved with someone else at all? A girl walks into a bar, a guy says "Can a buy you a drink?" she says no, and that's that, the night continues, you move on (well, apparently you don't)

Mind your fuckin' business. You're such a pristine little bitch? Those without sin and all that...

jhale667
03-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

And you're a complete MORON if you think his the Roberts led Supreme Court won't constantly make judgements that will please ALL the people who were BUsh's most fervent contributors and backers.

Fascists and zealots?

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 10:40 PM
No, that's LONG TERM thinking, NIKKI. Wanna know why there was no exit strategy? SIMPLE: there's never been ANY intention on exiting!!! To secure US interests, Iraq is Main St. in the new global market. It's the middle of the middle east.

Yeah well, they're already withdrawing troops from Iraq my ignorant little sperm-reservoir. There is no way US troops can base there now...

That was the plan originally, but in fact the US military will not be able to stay in Iraq at this point... Thank your Fearless cheerLeader for undermanning the invasion for that one.

Well, he's already gone against the grain, hasn't he?

But if he doesn't, all it will do is energize the other side, especially on abortion...

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Okay there, Super-Boy. Since you want to get into this, though, in truth, it has nothing to do with you, does it: she was posting in a thread about masterbating. she was contributing to it. so i PM'd here. she said she wasn't interested. that was that. ta-da. BFD.

So you PMed her like a loser who can't get laid in real life, or whose wife is a cold fish?

Do I know that she is involved with someone else at all? A girl walks into a bar, a guy says "Can a buy you a drink?" she says no, and that's that, the night continues, you move on (well, apparently you don't)

Mind your fuckin' business. You're such a pristine little bitch? Those without sin and all that...

Actually, I think you're an internet loser that believes this is real life...

Try getting pussy in real life loser....

Oh sorry, you want a guy to "eat your asshole." My bad troll douche bag...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Won't matter how "energized" the other side is...you can sit and whine form the back seat, but whoever has control of the steering wheel is choosing whether everyone in the car is eating at McDonalds or Peter Lugers.

Need proof of that? How many times has Bush made "unpopular" decisions? How often has he backed off from them??

"Energized"? Please. You couldn't have been more energized than in November 2004...and how did THAT end up?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
So you PMed her like a loser who can't get laid in real life, or whose wife is a cold fish?

Actually, I think you're an internet loser that believes this is real life...

Try getting pussy in real life loser....

Oh sorry, you want a guy to "eat your asshole." My bad troll douche bag...

I'm still waiitng for the part where its any business of yours, Lancelot.

And by the way, the PM was more or less a JOKE. I mean, come on...a girl gets a PM saying "Take off your panties" from a guy named "Eat My Asshole"? Yeah, I was reeeeeaally expecting a response of "OH MY GOD< YES YES They're off..Do me do me do me">

Uh, not.

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 10:55 PM
Won't matter how "energized" the other side is...you can sit and whine form the back seat, but whoever has control of the steering wheel is choosing whether everyone in the car is eating at McDonalds or Peter Lugers.

Actually, BUSH is the best gift the DEMs have had...

Fuck, 51% of the American people think the Republicans are incompetent on the economy..

BTW, why is a white trash douche tube like yourself such a BUSH lover... Oh yes, uneducated trailer trash votes on rhetoric, not facts or logic...

Need proof of that? How many times has Bush made "unpopular" decisions? How often has he backed off from them??

Yeah, I know retards that keep making bad decisions too...

But I guess stubborness derived from ignorance and insecurity is a good thing in your little world?

"Energized"? Please. You couldn't have been more energized than in November 2004...and how did THAT end up?

It ended up as the lowest percentage that an incumbent President has ever been reelected... And that's if you take away the voter fraud speculation...

BUSH's, and the Republicans only real strength is on "terror," and that's quickly eroding away under their monumental incompetence...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-13-2006, 10:58 PM

It ended up as the lowest percentage that an incumbent President has ever been reelected...

But he was. You just backed yourself into checkmate. But what else would I expect from you, you dumb alcoholic lonely loser?

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm still waiitng for the part where its any business of yours, Lancelot.

It was made my business, Cuntalot...

And by the way, the PM was more or less a JOKE. I mean, come on...a girl gets a PM saying "Take off your panties" from a guy named "Eat My Asshole"? Yeah, I was reeeeeaally expecting a response of "OH MY GOD< YES YES They're off..Do me do me do me">

Uh, not.

Yeah, such a joke douche tube. Does anyone dispute that this online fagathon is anything but a crude, fucking retarded troll?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-13-2006, 11:00 PM

Does anyone dispute that this online fagathon is anything but a crude, fucking retarded troll?

Those who say, don't know.

Those who know, don't say. ;)

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 11:04 PM
But he was.

I never said he wasn't asstard, except for in 2000, where he lost the popular vote...

You just backed yourself into checkmate. But what else would I expect from you, you dumb alcoholic lonely loser?

Check mate? No, fuck tard, you're clueless, and if I were an "alcoholic loser," I'd randomly PM female-posters on a website I apparently hate, in hopes I could actually see a pussy for real for once...

Now get back to the Star Trek convention ass-lube.

Nickdfresh
03-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Those who say, don't know.

Those who know, don't say. ;)

Is this what they call "gay-rage poetry?"

LoungeMachine
03-14-2006, 12:10 AM

Hmmmm.

Let's see, shall we?

Said there should NOT be a 9/11 commission, then buckled under pressure.

Said he wouldn't testify, but then buckled under pressure [as long as dicky came with]

Said Rice wouldn't testify, buckled under pressure

Came out against the creation of a Homeland Security, but then buckled

Stumped for months on our dime to privatize Social Security, but buckled under pressure

Said Harriet Meieirs was the MOST qualified person he knew for the bench LMMFAO

Wouldn't support McCains torture bill, but ended up flip-flopping.

Don't even need to list the the myriad of others like Plame, Dubai, et al.

:rolleyes:

Cathedral
03-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Actually, BUSH is the best gift the DEMs have had...

Tell me about it, it's been a gift that gives for a solid 8 years, baby!

With any luck at all you'll get another one later this year and a huge one yet again in '08.

I am however glad you see him as a gift.
Hell, I don't like the man but he beats the alternative and has kept the White House out of Liberal possession for 6 years so far.

But hey, when you care to give the very best, don't skimp, go all out.

Just keep telling yourself with every cringe the 2000 election gives you....It's the electoral thought, i mean vote, that counts.

The popular vote doesn't elect Presidents, so it doesn't matter who the fuck anyone votes for beyond state and local issues...why does everyone carry on as though we actually do have a voice in choosing Presidents?
Is everyone that stupid or what?
Electoral votes determine who gets the state, the popular vote does not, is it like advanced rocket science here?
I fail to see any reason why I can blame any registered voter for the outcome of a Presidential Race.

It's the epitomy of stupid in my opinion when everyone, even the candidates themselves, know which votes do the electing.

I guess that decades and decades of "feeling" like we matter has resulted in people ignoring the obvious and believeing we actually do.

Ok, let's ignore all this factual logic and attack each other some more, i'll start.

"Hey, you liberal nazi, your mother wears combat boots and works in a meat packing plant...oh i'm sorry, i meant to say Whore House but same diff...!"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Guitar Shark
03-14-2006, 12:53 AM

Uh, not.

ROFL! :D

blueturk
03-14-2006, 04:04 AM
YAWN

Does that mean he'll have to revoke his Supreme Court nominees? Nope, they've already gotten the job. (and will be the most enduring legacy of any president's tenure)....

Sure. The incredibly poorly planned war in Iraq and the biggest deficit in history won't mean a thing when history looks back on the Bush/Orwell administration, will they? I guess The Ministry Of Truth will make sure of that, right? Fucking sheep.

[URL=http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-03-13-bush-iraq-cover_x.htm]http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-03-13-bush-iraq-cover_x.htm[/URL

Posted 3/13/2006 11:19 PM

Conflict will define Bush's role in history
By Susan Page, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — Three years after the U.S.-led invasion, the war in Iraq is dominating George W. Bush's presidency and defining his legacy.
As surely as Franklin Roosevelt is remembered most for his leadership during World War II and Lyndon Johnson for Vietnam, presidential scholars and some of Bush's own advisers predict that history will judge Bush by his decision to order a pre-emptive attack on Iraq on March 19, 2003, and by the long-term consequences of America's first war of the 21st century.

His signature No Child Left Behind education bill? Overshadowed. Individual investment accounts in Social Security? Beaten back. Tax simplification? Shelved. The "compassionate conservative" he described in 2000? Replaced by a wartime president arguing the need to stay the course in a conflict that has lasted longer and cost more than most Americans imagined when it began.

"They were expecting to move on to a bunch of other things in the second term like Social Security reform and the 'ownership society,' but all that has been pushed aside because of Iraq," says political scientist Steven Schier, author of High Risk and Big Ambition: The Presidency of George W. Bush. "It's the whale in the bathtub for the administration."

Nearly two-thirds of Americans say the Iraq war will be what Bush is most remembered for, according to a USA TODAY/CNN/Gallup Poll taken Friday through Sunday. Just 18% cite the president's efforts against terrorism, 10% his response to Hurricane Katrina, 5% his Supreme Court appointments. Tax cuts, the hallmark of his first year in office, were chosen by 2%

The invasion of Iraq has shaped not only what the president has done in office — including policies he hopes will spark democracy across the Arab world — but also what he's been unable to do because of the war's demands. It has jeopardized his hopes of forging an enduring Republican majority.

"There's no question the president's legacy will be dominated by Iraq," says Mark McKinnon, a top adviser in Bush's presidential campaigns. "The war is really driving almost everything in government."

Consider:

• Bush's job-approval rating in the USA TODAY Poll has declined in almost perfect tandem with falling support for the war, overwhelming the boost he might have expected from relatively optimistic views of the economy. In the new poll, his standing sank to a record low, 36%. (Related: Approval rating at new low | Results)

• That erosion and the focus on the war have cost him political clout on other fronts, from creating health savings accounts to facing congressional opposition to the Dubai ports deal.

• The financial bill for the war — now running nearly $6 billion a month — has limited the administration's options on seeking more tax cuts and cutting the deficit.

When the war began, 69% of those surveyed said the United States was "certain" to win in Iraq; an additional 25% said victory was likely. No more: In the new poll, four in 10 predict the United States is likely or certain to lose.

On Monday, Bush delivered the first of several speeches to mark the war's three-year milestone and defend its progress. "I wish I could tell you that the violence is waning and that the road ahead will be smooth," he said in an address at George Washington University. "It will not." He asked for patience and vowed resolve.

History's judgment

Supporters note that history's judgment will wait for the conflict's outcome and its long-term repercussions — something that may not be known for decades.

"We're in the middle of a struggle that is not fated" to end one way or the other, says David Frum, a former White House speechwriter for Bush. "Depending on whether America does or does not succeed, the president will be judged accordingly. I know many people speak very harshly about him right now. I think that the final judgment is going to be from the result."

At the moment, efforts to form a broad-based government in Iraq are struggling, and sectarian conflict between Sunni Arabs and Shiites has become a bigger threat than the insurgency, according to Army Gen. John Abizaid, the top U.S. commander in the Middle East. A full-fledged civil war would multiply the perils for the U.S. mission. Already more than 2,300 U.S. troops have died there.

Bush's allies compare him to Harry Truman, unpopular during much of his tenure but highly regarded in retrospect. Bush's critics compare him instead to Johnson, a fellow Texan whose presidency was engulfed by the Vietnam War.

"It's going to take us a while to figure out whether Iraq in the long term is a plus or minus for us," Schier says. "Is it Vietnam or something much more successful?" How wise will the doctrine of pre-emption turn out to be? And, in the end, will the war spread democracy or instability?

The lesson from Truman and Johnson: Wars trump almost everything else. Efforts to do other big things often are overtaken by the demands and controversies of war. Since the United States was founded, it has been involved in only four wars longer than this one: the Civil War, World War II, the Korean conflict and Vietnam.

"War kills reform," says Robert Dallek, an LBJ biographer and author of Hail to the Chief: The Making and Unmaking of American Presidents. "It consumes the energy of the administration, the public, the press. This is what the focus is on."

The Spanish-American War curtailed a populist wave. The Progressive Movement ended when World War I began. When the United States entered World War II, FDR told Americans that "Dr. New Deal" had been replaced by "Dr. Win-the-War." The Korean War stalled Truman's Fair Deal. Vietnam overshadowed the Great Society.

For Bush, the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, transformed a presidency that had been focused on domestic affairs into one consumed by concerns about international terrorism. The invasion of Afghanistan a month later to oust the Taliban regime, which had sheltered al-Qaeda terrorists, commanded broad foreign and domestic support.

The decision to invade Iraq was far more controversial. Within months, more than four in 10 Americans were calling the war a mistake; now 57% do. An American public that had united in the wake of 9/11 divided over the attack on Iraq, and that split has hardened. While seven of 10 Republicans now say sending troops wasn't a mistake, eight of 10 Democrats say it was. So do six of 10 independents.

Bush's top strategist, Karl Rove, talked expansively in 2000 about building a durable GOP majority akin to the one William McKinley forged in 1896; it prevailed until the Great Depression of 1929. The divisions over the Iraq war have made that a more distant prospect.

Some GOP successes

Republicans have scored political successes. Bush is only the 15th president to win a second term. Since he has been in the White House, the GOP has gained five seats in the Senate and 10 in the House. Still, the proportion of Americans who describe themselves as Republican, now 32%, hasn't changed since Bush's first inauguration. His approval rating among independents, at 54% when he took office, has dived to 23%.

The elections in November will test the public's views of Bush and the war. "The president is always somewhere on the horizon in any midterm election, and in this one it might very well be more than the usual referendum on the president," says Mickey Edwards, a former Oklahoma congressman and member of the House Republican leadership. "Bush could be a heavy shadow in this election."

New York Sen. Charles Schumer, chairman of the Democrats' Senate campaign committee, says Iraq has become "a metaphor" damaging to Bush: Concerns about the administration's competence were raised by the war, ignited by the faltering response to Katrina and reinforced by the maladroit handling of the controversy over a Dubai-owned firm taking over some cargo operations at six U.S. ports.

A majority of Americans continues to view the president as a strong leader, and most approve of his handling of terrorism. By nearly 2-1, however, they disapprove of his handling of the war. Most say the administration deliberately misled the American public before the war in asserting that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction.

The repercussions of that judgment doomed initiatives closer to home, according to Michael Tanner of the libertarian Cato Institute, a White House ally on its proposed Social Security overhaul. In the State of the Union address in 2005, Bush called that the top domestic priority of his second term.

"For those of us out in the field, we could tell support for the idea of personal accounts declined with the president's rating," Tanner says. "Particularly as we went through last year, and the war was going badly and the disapproval of Bush was ratcheting up, it had a significant impact." The trouble wasn't that Bush failed to stump for his plan, Tanner says. The problem was convincing skeptics to try a controversial approach that had been sketched in broad strokes. "He said 'Trust me,' " Tanner says. "People said, 'No, we don't.' "

The setback on Social Security in turn made the president reluctant to pursue the tax-simplification plan drawn up by a bipartisan commission he appointed, according to the panel's co-chairman, former senator John Breaux. Bush had spent much of his political capital already, and the White House was finding it "hard to juggle all the balls in the air at the same time," the Louisiana Democrat says.

Breaux argues that tax reform could have been a unifying achievement for Bush. Now, he says, Iraq is "going to be the first line in the history books: He got tied up in a war that was very difficult to get out of."

Bush seems to be thinking about the history books, too. When conservative commentator Fred Barnes interviewed the president last summer for his book Rebel-in-Chief, Bush noted he had read three new books analyzing the first president's place in history. "He said, 'Even after 200 years, they're still reassessing George Washington,' " Barnes recalls. " 'What will they say about me?' "

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-03-13-bush-iraq-cover_x.htm

Warham
03-14-2006, 06:43 AM

So? She's been PMed before, and she has handled herself quite well before.

This doesn't bother me.

Steve Savicki
03-14-2006, 09:53 AM
The face of a flustered chimp:
<center>http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/POLITICS/03/13/bush.poll/story.bush.mon.gi.jpg</center>

Nickdfresh
03-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Tell me about it, it's been a gift that gives for a solid 8 years, baby!

With any luck at all you'll get another one later this year and a huge one yet again in '08.

I am however glad you see him as a gift.
Hell, I don't like the man but he beats the alternative and has kept the White House out of Liberal possession for 6 years so far.

Was CLINTON a "liberal?" The economy was good, and we spent within our means to the point where we were well on the way to eradicating the deficit

But hey, when you care to give the very best, don't skimp, go all out.

Just keep telling yourself with every cringe the 2000 election gives you....It's the electoral thought, I mean vote, that counts.

And I've stated that maybe it's better that BUSH has to take responsibility for his Mesopotamia cluster fuck, rather than blaming some Democrat that succeeds him

[quote]The popular vote doesn't elect Presidents, so it doesn't matter who the fuck anyone votes for beyond state and local issues...why does everyone carry on as though we actually do have a voice in choosing Presidents?
Is everyone that stupid or what?

We don't have the input because of those very sentiments...

People voting against KERRY by voting for BUSH did irreparable damage to this country..

Electoral votes determine who gets the state, the popular vote does not, is it like advanced rocket science here?
I fail to see any reason why I can blame any registered voter for the outcome of a Presidential Race.

Really? I wasn't sure.:rolleyes: But it shouldn't be that way, and the electoral system is outmoded...

And the Supreme Court should have take that into consideration when deciding who was going to be President in 2000...

It's the epitomy of stupid in my opinion when everyone, even the candidates themselves, know which votes do the electing.

I guess that decades and decades of "feeling" like we matter has resulted in people ignoring the obvious and believeing we actually do.

Ok, let's ignore all this factual logic and attack each other some more, i'll start.

"Hey, you liberal nazi, your mother wears combat boots and works in a meat packing plant...oh i'm sorry, i meant to say Whore House but same diff...!"

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Are you okay CAT? Maybe you need a break from the interweb...

Nickdfresh
03-14-2006, 10:07 AM
So? She's been PMed before, and she has handled herself quite well before.

This doesn't bother me.

He's done it like three times...

And I don't buy his 'it was only a joke' explanation either.

scamper
03-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Whats the over/under on Bush's finale rating?

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Does that mean he'll have to revoke his Supreme Court nominees? Nope, they've already gotten the job. (and will be the most enduring legacy of any president's tenure).

I'm excited too! I can't wait to see what cool freedoms are restricted next!

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 10:27 AM
[BYeah, such a joke douche tube. Does anyone dispute that this online fagathon is anything but a crude, fucking retarded troll? [/B]

I certainly don't. This place will be way better once his red rocker boxed set comes in the mail and we can all get back to semi-intelligent conversation.

He is a fucking fagathon. A fagatronic anuslicker.

Roy Munson
03-14-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I certainly don't. This place will be way better once his red rocker boxed set comes in the mail and we can all get back to semi-intelligent conversation.

LOL

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 10:54 AM
yes, I made a signature!

Roy Munson
03-14-2006, 10:58 AM
yes, I made a signature!

The first I have ever put in my sig, too.

Don't let it go to your head!!

:D

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Hmmmm.

Let's see, shall we?

Said he wouldn't testify, but then buckled under pressure [as long as dicky came with]

Stumped for months on our dime to privatize Social Security, but buckled under pressure

excellent

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by scamper
Whats the over/under on Bush's finale rating?

It will be the lowest ever by the time he's done.

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
The first I have ever put in my sig, too.

Don't let it go to your head!!

:D

One time BBB quoted me when I said "this country can suck my balls" but he took it down pretty quick.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Hmmmm.

Let's see, shall we?

Pretty good! HOWEVER - these are all more or less examples of public relations, not policy. He has been amazingly consistent on policy. The McCain bill he wound up supporting, was so neutered and useless, BTW, that it was more or less a way of saying "See? The US supports a no-torture policy" while alll along maintaining the policies already in place.

(he never withdrew Myers Supreme Court nomination, she withdrew it herself)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-14-2006, 12:46 PM
I'm excited too! I can't wait to see what cool freedoms are restricted next!

Like you were using your civil liberties anyway? Please.

Ah. And let's see what qualifies as "semi-intelligent conversation" in your world.

I see.

The really funny thing is
a) my posts in this thread originally WERE relevant to the thread title...you all turned into ME 9thanks!)
b) FORD deleted a bunch of my original posts for FAR less than this aggressive, internet-bullying, profane crap. C'mon guys...whatever else you can say about Bush, he has ALWAYS stayed on topic...it's how he imagined to defeat Richards and Gore in every debate he had with them.

(and spare me telling me about how Kerry won the first debate he and Bush had...the reason Bush was scowling throughout the entire debate was Bush was experiencing intense discomfort from having that weird tumor thng protruding out the back of his suit)

LoungeMachine
03-14-2006, 02:39 PM

(he never withdrew Myers Supreme Court nomination, she withdrew it herself)

Please.

KKKarl: Harriet, we need you to withdraw.

Harriet: Okay Mr. Rove, but we still need to talk about you letting in male prostitutes into the west wing 108 times.

Warham
03-14-2006, 03:47 PM
You guys really need to get off the Karl Rove thing.

It's like an obsession.

Guitar Shark
03-14-2006, 03:48 PM
You guys really need to get off the Karl Rove thing.

It's like an obsession.

And how many Reagan posters do you have again War? :)

Warham
03-14-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
And how many Reagan posters do you have again War? :)

Actually, I don't have any, but I do get my Ronald Reagan catalogues in the mail every few months. I've been looking to snag a framed one here lately.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Actually, I don't have any, but I do get my Ronald Reagan catalogues in the mail every few months. I've been looking to snag a framed one here lately.

Uh...these catalogues...please say Reagan is dressed in appropriate attire in them...

Guitar Shark
03-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I bet you can see his jellybeans.

Warham
03-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Uh...these catalogues...please say Reagan is dressed in appropriate attire in them...

Sure, they are from the Ronald Reagan Libraryฎ.

Some great stuff in there.

Warham
03-14-2006, 03:55 PM
He's done it like three times...

And I don't buy his 'it was only a joke' explanation either.

You're far more worked up about it than she is, and I'm not sure why.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
You're far more worked up about it than she is, and I'm not sure why.

THANK YOU. I mean, nick, get yourself some moisurizer for that calloused vagina of yours, will ya???

I'll be happy to copy the correspondences in their entirety here if you all would like.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I bet you can see his jellybeans.

What about his Bonzo?

Nickdfresh
03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
THANK YOU. I mean, nick, get yourself some moisurizer for that calloused vagina of yours, will ya???

Using my material again pussy-bitch? I say 'tomato,' and you mention 'tomato' three posts later, c'mon troll, you can do better than this...

I'll be happy to copy the correspondences in their entirety here if you all would like.

Thanks, when do you PM DG too?:)

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-14-2006, 04:04 PM
awwww...you can almost hear nick's heart breaking that he wasn't able to cause a whole to-do with trying to reveal my ever-so-ghastly little PM.

Don't worry, Nick...the bottle still loves ya.

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 04:05 PM

(and spare me telling me about how Kerry won the first debate he and Bush had...the reason Bush was scowling throughout the entire debate was Bush was experiencing intense discomfort from having that weird tumor thng protruding out the back of his suit)

If you're gonna sit here and type that gw beat ANYONE in ANY debates EVER than you have just proven again how mentally deficient you are.

The man's a fucking retard. A potato head. If he grew up on a normal ranch he'd still be shovelin' horse shit.

Warham
03-14-2006, 04:06 PM

Yeah, just keep shy of my lady here and you'll be alright in my book.

I don't find you to be some insidious troll looking for attention. There are thousands worse.

Warham
03-14-2006, 04:07 PM
If you're gonna sit here and type that gw beat ANYONE in ANY debates EVER than you have just proven again how mentally deficient you are.

The man's a fucking retard. A potato head. If he grew up on a normal ranch he'd still be shovelin' horse shit.

He beat Gore in two out of the three debates.

I can post Gore's facial expressions if you like.

ODShowtime
03-14-2006, 04:09 PM
He beat Gore in two out of the three debates.

I can post Gore's facial expressions if you like.

That was a bit before my time, but I think I remember you saying gw beat Kerry last year, so I'll just go ahead and not believe you. Thanks though.

Nickdfresh
03-14-2006, 04:11 PM
awwww...you can almost hear nick's heart breaking that he wasn't able to cause a whole to-do with trying to reveal my ever-so-ghastly little PM.

"To-do?" I could care less what people think...

I just think you're an ass, and highly suspicious...

Don't worry, Nick...the bottle still loves ya.

Well, "the bottles'" a little estranged from me at the moment... Glad you think you know all about me though...:)

But your mother still loves me. She tells me this after revealing her shame of you...

Warham
03-14-2006, 04:35 PM
That was a bit before my time, but I think I remember you saying gw beat Kerry last year, so I'll just go ahead and not believe you. Thanks though.

I think Bush beat Kerry in the last debate. I wouldn't give the other two to him though.

You can believe me on the Gore debates.