PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace

Douglas T.
03-14-2006, 04:08 PM
(CBS) Saying that as his 88th birthday approaches and the prospect of traveling around the world to pursue stories is not as appealing as it used to be, Mike Wallace announced his retirement from 60 Minutes on Tuesday.

Wallace will remain at CBS News as Correspondent Emeritus.

Wallace, who has been with the program since its inception in 1968, issued the following statement:

"I've often replied, when asked, 'I'll retire when my toes turn up.' Well, they're just beginning to curl a trifle, which means that, as I approach my 88th birthday, it's become apparent to me that my eyes and ears, among other appurtenances, aren't quite what they used to be. And the prospect of long flights to wherever in search of whatever are not quite as appealing."

"But CBS is not pushing me. I’ll be in a comfortable office on the same floor - just around the corner from where I've holed up for the past 43 years ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/14/60minutes/main1401600.shtml

Terry
03-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Wow.

Wallace and 60 Minutes have provided a long-running service to tv journalism. Taking on tough issues still to this day.

Am gonna miss Wallace much more so than Brokaw, Jennings or Rather.

Douglas T.
03-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Second time this week I heard someone say CBS and PUSHY in the same sentance! Somebody needs to go there and rewind their clock!

http://members.aol.com/dtskynyrd/wbfrog.gif

FORD
03-14-2006, 04:27 PM
Mike Wallace is an institution in the field of investigative journalism. Who's going to fill those shoes?

Certainly not his FAUX hack Busheep son.

Nitro Express
03-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Vallerie Bertinelli once said she found Mike Wallace very attractive. If I was him, I would be giving her a call.

BITEYOASS
03-14-2006, 10:19 PM
They need some young blood in there news network, cause it looks like a retirement home!

BITEYOASS
03-14-2006, 10:20 PM
"CBS stands for Cocksucking Bastard Sonsabitches!"- Sam Kinison

Terry
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
They need some young blood in there news network, cause it looks like a retirement home!

None of the younger 'reporters' on tv even impress me or have half an ounce of the credibility the geezers on 60 Minutes have.

Fuck, these young kids anchoring these days can't even pronounce words correctly or avoid making grammatical mistakes when they're reading the cue cards.

Leads me to believe that:

a)they're not writing or editing their own copy before going on-air

b)they're all dumbfucks.

BITEYOASS
03-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Terry
None of the younger 'reporters' on tv even impress me or have half an ounce of the credibility the geezers on 60 Minutes have.

Fuck, these young kids anchoring these days can't even pronounce words correctly or avoid making grammatical mistakes when they're reading the cue cards.

Leads me to believe that:

a)they're not writing or editing their own copy before going on-air

b)they're all dumbfucks.

I have to add something here. When I meant young blood, I meant hot women 50 years or younger, with a nice rack and a penchant for reporting in the nude! :D