PDA

View Full Version : Excerpts From 29 year Old TV Guide

LoungeMachine
03-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Bought it on ebay for a very specific reason.

Started reading the listings, and fell down laughing.

Some random listings for August, 1977

Ch. 4
9pm weds

CPO SHARKEY
Robinson tries to enliven Sharkey's 45th birthday party by taking the salty old chief to a modern discotheque.[repeat]

Ch. 2
4pm Tues

DINAH!
Guests: Jack Klugman, Jim Nabors, pro quarterbacks Fran Tarkenton and Ken Stabler

Ch.4
12pm tues

CHICO AND THE MAN
Mistakenly reported as dead, an alive and well Ed becomes convinced no one mourns his passing

Hilarious old game shows, an ad for The Encylopedia Brittanica, and the MLB games included likely starting lineups.

:D

LoungeMachine
03-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Ch. 4
1am

MIDNIGHT SPECIAL

Highlights from past programs feature Linda Ronstad, Elton John, Randy Newman, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Glen Campbell, The O'Jays, and comic George Carlin

Flash Bastard
03-14-2006, 10:55 PM
My dad had one from the week of July 4th, 1976, it might still be around somewhere. As I remember it was fascinating reading.

Alex Mogilny
03-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Bought it on ebay for a very specific reason.

Sounds like a George Costanza moment.

Did your Father collect them and that happened to be the issue that had a Charlies Angels spread in it and you made a "mess" on it and had to throw it out and now you found that copy on ebay and are giving it to your father for his 70th birthday?

Fuck, is that a run on sentence or what?

Anyways...now he will forgive you for tossing that issue of TV Guide? Pun intended.

LoungeMachine
03-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Fernwood 2 Night
Kojak
Toma
Flintstones
PTL Club
Here's Lucy
Streets of San Francisco
One Day at a Time
Odd Couple
Love American Style
Happy Days
New Mickey Mouse Club
Ironside

9pm CBS Channel 2

ATTACK ON TERROR - THE FBI VERSUS THE KU KLUX KLAN

LoungeMachine
03-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
Sounds like a George Costanza moment.

Did your Father collect them and that happened to be the issue that had a Charlies Angels spread in it and you made a "mess" on it and had to throw it out and now you found that copy on ebay and are giving it to your father for his 70th birthday?

Fuck, is that a run on sentence or what?

Anyways...now he will forgive you for tossing that issue of TV Guide? Pun intended.

ROTFLMMFAO:D

A guy on the subway cut it up into a floral bouquet

LoungeMachine
03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Sport Geeks name the teams.....

Baseball 8:30 Ch. 11

17 Rivers
15 Munson
29 Hunter

vs.

24 Johnson
6 Orta
7 Bannister

rustoffa
03-14-2006, 11:32 PM
My brother called me one day a long time ago and went, "hey, I just read in the TV Guide that Geraldo is gonna take on King Diamond." I was all like, "what the fuck are you talking about, have you walked gypsy today?" He goes, "don't worry about it, she ain't drinkin' much water."

*PAUSE*

Then he goes, "Hey!....I asked you about the Geraldo show thing....is that the stupid fucking devil band you and _ _ _ _ _ were fucking playing @ the beach the other day?"

I'm like, "Geraldo ain't a devil band....want me to come over there?"

He's like, "COME ON OVER HERE MOTHERFUCKER!!! I'LL KICK YOUR FUCKING ASS IN FRONT OF YOUR OWN FUCKING DOG!!"

Anyway, I hung up on him and still catch shit about liking devil bands.

Little Texan
03-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Was that when he was in Mercyful Fate or solo?

rustoffa
03-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Little Texan
Was that when he was in Mercyful Fate or solo?

I have no idea. I'd guess Mercyful Fate based on the timeline. My brother hated that type shit. I played my brother a Burzum disc for laughs awhile back....then showed him the Lords Of Chaos book. He was all like, "I guess they were cold up there...burning down the churches."

LMMFAO.

Alex Mogilny
03-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Sport Geeks name the teams.....

Baseball 8:30 Ch. 11

17 Rivers
15 Munson
29 Hunter

vs.

24 Johnson
6 Orta
7 Bannister

Yankees vs. Whitesox

LoungeMachine
03-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Alex Mogilny
Yankees vs. Whitesox

Ding!

winner.

ThrillsNSpills
03-15-2006, 09:40 AM
We'll Get By

Me and the Chimp

Julia

ABC Afterschool special (best comedy show ever)

Alex Mogilny
03-15-2006, 09:48 AM
There was an afternoon special on in 1980. A couple of girls were walking down the street holding VH's WACF album. One of the girls was talking about how DLR was looking right into her eyes.

The special was about teen drinking......Jesus, the stupid shit I remember.

Full Bug
03-15-2006, 10:07 PM
I know it aint a TV related thing, but my parents held on to the newspaper the day JFK was shot and killed, and now I have it, pretty interesting reading that paper all these years later.....

LoungeMachine
03-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Full Bug
I know it aint a TV related thing, but my parents held on to the newspaper the day JFK was shot and killed, and now I have it, pretty interesting reading that paper all these years later.....

Huxley died on the same day I believe.

Little known factoid, Nixon was in Dallas that day.