PDA

View Full Version : Brees signs big deal to play for the New Orleans Saints

POJO_Risin
03-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Well...this is an interesting deal...

Brees rolls to the Saints, who were presumably going to take Matt Leinart at #2...obviously...not now...

which leads to the question...

do they deal the pick to the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets...swap spots...take the defensive guy...Hawk or Williams from NC State...

and allow the Jets to nab their QB of the future while gambling on Pennington's health?...or the Jets wait it out...figuring they can get either Leinart or Young anyways...or risk someone snaking in front of them to get Leinart?

I'm sorry...but if Norm Chow is in Tennessee...you'd have to think Leinart's in play for them as well...

the draft just got interesting...

would be funny as fuck if the Jets move up to 2...only to have someone move up to 1 and get Leinart...but then they'd nab Bush...

anyways...Brees to the Saints....

and with that...post 25,000...

pathetic really...lmfao...

ALinChainz
03-15-2006, 12:02 AM
Congrats on that bro ... nearing a milestone myself ...

The Saints put themselves in a nice spot to deal that number two now ... they let Howard go to the Eagles so that may be a need for them, they still have the ability to pick up someone of impact and add a pick or 2 to boot ...

And the draft is ALWAYS interesting ... as it gets closer ...

POJO_Risin
03-15-2006, 12:05 AM
and it really devalues that #1 for Houston in that they can't dangle it for a qb to the Jets now...with the Saints sitting there...and Houston presumably not drafting a QB...

they could have dangled #1 to the Jets...letting them take Leinart...New Orleans then presumably not willing to take a Running back...nor Tennessee...and stealing Bush at #3...

or having Tennessee going up to #1...

now...NO gains control of the draft...and they will deal that pick...or suprise the fuck out of someone...

this is fun shit...I was hoping all day yesterday that Brees would go to New Orleans...just for the draft fun it would bring...

ALinChainz
03-15-2006, 12:15 AM
After leaving NO without a deal, I was sure that Miami would jump on him ... they probably didnt want or feel the need to come close to the money the Saints were giving up ... they may have had the C-Pep deal cooking by then ...

I agree whole-fucking-heartedly that it shoots Houston in the ass ... they may have to drop their price to deal now because everyone will shoot for that #2 ... knowing that Bush is more than likely the pick.

Have to wonder where it leaves Young ... who was probably going to the Titans at #3 ... who moves up and who moves down now ...

Good chit.

POJO_Risin
03-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Who knows...and now Houston could really fuck someone up...

imagine...

Jets move up to 2...and Tennessee calls New Orleans...

but again...the Jets would leap on Bush...

fun...fun stuff...

ALinChainz
03-15-2006, 12:25 AM
And Cutler having a pretty impressive combine ... I wonder if it's enough to come into play here ... he may not mover up that far though ... but someone could be in love with him ... The Raiders need a QB of the future ..

EbDawson
03-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
... The Raiders need a QB of the future ..

The Raiders need a QB sooner than that. :D