PDA

View Full Version : I Hate My Computer

Sweet Irony
01-05-2004, 08:58 AM
It has come to the point now where I can actually get online and access things about 1 try out of 12......I get that "There has been an error..." blah, blah, blah ....strange popup pages (some which remain blank and cant be clicked off or deleted with "ctrl/alt/delete).....everything freezes up on me all the time...I paid $30 for something called "Spyhunter" to get rid of 'parasites', but thats not doing much of anything, as far as I can tell.

It may be time for something new, so any advice in a reasonably priced new computer.....or, a remedy for the one I have, would be welcome.

This is pissing me off because when I get a window of opportunity to spend some time online, I end up restarting this thing over&over until its time to go~~:mad:

Full Bug
01-05-2004, 09:56 AM
I ran into the same type problems a little while ago Sweet, we had a computer guy come in and put in a new motherboard, it only cost us about 80 bucks work included and now everything works great, maybe you should look into something like that before you shell out the big bucks for a new computer, it might be WAY cheaper to do something like that, you may not even need a new computer.....

Ally_Kat
01-05-2004, 01:14 PM
do you have kazaa? Cuz my friend eileen had the same thing happen to her and it stopped when she deleted the program.

If the pages are blank and you can't get them off, just do alt-F4 and it should close the window you have selected

Igosplut
01-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Get a software program called Norton system works. It cleans everything up and defrag/scandisks much better than windows. Also it has a uninstall feature that completely uninstalls unwanted programs. Worked great for me, and if the problem is hardware its still a good thing to have, and wouldnt be a waste of money..

Flash Bastard
01-05-2004, 07:41 PM
You might also try a free program call Ad-Aware. It will scan your drive for spyware and help you to remove it.

You can find Ad-Aware at Download.com.

It's worth a shot before you try costly repairs.

Flash Bastard
01-05-2004, 07:42 PM
And as Igosplut mentioned, Norton makes a damn good utility too. I never use a computer without it.

flappo
01-05-2004, 08:12 PM
..get a mac , dipshit

Sweet Irony
01-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the advice....

Hey, Ally, you know I think most of this shit started when I tried to re-install Grokster a couple months ago. And you know what else? I also lost all sound on this damn thing at the same time! Hmmm

Anyway, I am going to try everything suggested, and if all else fails, Ill stop being a dipshit and get a mac.....

Sarge
01-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Im would wipe everything clean and reinstall windows..
I do that from time to time..
I like a clean computer..
And a clean woman as well
:)

One Voice
01-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by flappo
..get a mac , dipshit

:D

Sinclair
01-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Sweet Irony: get ad-aware first, it's free and probably solves a few of your problems....
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

You can always try more drastic solutions later.... however on a PC running Windows it's not a bad idea to reinstall your O.S. from time to time ;)

High Life Man
01-08-2004, 03:07 PM
I use Ad-Aware quite a bit here at work. At lot of our salesfolk love to install every little thing they possibly can (with the little rights we give them).

It'll help out.

Like Sarge said, a complete reimaging of your PC will help too. Just be sure to back up what you'll need.

And don't let Sarge kid ya, he'll take any woman, even if she ain't clean. ;)

Dr. Love
01-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Sweet,

Do you still have the box the computer came in, or a box the computer could fit in? ;)

BITEYOASS
01-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Hey sweet irony! I got two words that could describe the main problem with your computer: Windows updates. That damn service pack freezed up my computer almost every time I used it!!!