PDA

View Full Version : Why do Christians love to censor

Seshmeister
03-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I think Sarge in his wisdom wanted to have some balance in this forum by having Elvis and Ford as a kind of right/left balance.

What he didn't think about was that they both have deep held religous supertitions which is a problem.

Censorship for religious people is fucking water because historically they need to shut people up because otherwise logic might intervene and ruin their lies...

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't think FORD and ELVIS could be further apart.

FORD doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve, nor chastise those who think/feel/believe differently.

What I've found in here, just as in the real world, is religious zealots of ALL faiths all have something in common.

INTOLERANCE.

Organized religion cannot tolerate free thinkers, or people who question anything.

ELVIS should not have closed ky's thread, but he played to his religious base. It was no coincidence the only peoplcalling for the closing of the thread were Christians who wear their beliefs in here on their sleeves.

FORD is above that nonsense. He's a religious scholar of sorts, being very well informed, but doesn't preach.

Just don't start any anti-Dean threads, and he's fine.

Fear, intolerance, and guilt. The three hallmarks of any religion

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
I don't think FORD and ELVIS could be further apart.

FORD doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve, nor chastise those who think/feel/believe differently.

What I've found in here, just as in the real world, is religious zealots of ALL faiths all have something in common.

INTOLERANCE.

Organized religion cannot tolerate free thinkers, or people who question anything.

ELVIS should not have closed ky's thread, but he played to his religious base. It was no coincidence the only peoplcalling for the closing of the thread were Christians who wear their beliefs in here on their sleeves.

FORD is above that nonsense. He's a religious scholar of sorts, being very well informed, but doesn't preach.

Just don't start any anti-Dean threads, and he's fine.

Fear, intolerance, and guilt. The three hallmarks of any religion

:rolleyes:

I don't where to begin with this garbage.

ELVIS closed the thread because it was offensive, not because it had anything to do with religion. More likely it had to do with 3,000 dead people who shouldn't be remembered as a tetris cartoon.

FORD's above the nonsense of editing and closing threads, so much so that it's become a standard joke around the Army. He's also above preaching so much so that he masquerades as Jesus Christ Himself, and his Unholy Evilness, Satan.

And Christians question plenty of things, but how would you know that since you've most likely never been one?

FORD
03-17-2006, 09:34 PM
For the record, I've been against organized religion pretty much since I was a teenager.

Kind of like Jesus Himself :)

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Warham

ELVIS closed the thread because it was offensive, not because it had anything to do with religion. More likely it had to do with 3,000 dead people who shouldn't be remembered as a tetris cartoon.

FORD's above the nonsense of editing and closing threads, so much so that it's become a standard joke around the Army. He's also above preaching so much so that he masquerades as Jesus Christ Himself, and his Unholy Evilness, Satan.

And Christians question plenty of things, but how would you know that since you've most likely never been one?

Thanks for sharing your opinion, and engaging in discussion.

Good thing this thread was not deemed "offensive" and closed, huh?

:cool:

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by FORD
For the record, I've been against organized religion pretty much since I was a teenager.

Kind of like Jesus Himself :)

I agree.

What true God would require a membership card and dues?

Be kind to others, leave the place in better shape than you found it.

That is all.

- God

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Since Lounge has so kindly pointed out the pillars of the Christian faith, I'll point out the pillars of his faith by way of a cartoon:

http://batr.org/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/five-pillars-of-the-liberal.jpg.w300h245.jpg

FORD
03-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Looks more like the "Five Pillars of the BCE" to me.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:39 PM
:

. He's also above preaching so much so that he masquerades as Jesus Christ Himself, and his Unholy Evilness, Satan.

You do realize he's not really Jesus and Satan, right?

This isn't real.

Just wanted to let you know.

jhale667
03-17-2006, 09:41 PM

So true. That statement reminds me of my years of Catholic education...any time you questioned ANYTHING, you'd get the "A good Christian doesn't even THINK such thoughts" lecture. The three key words always being YOU - SHOULDN'T - THINK. :rolleyes:

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:42 PM
You do realize he's not really Jesus and Satan, right?

This isn't real.

Just wanted to let you know.

Yes, I realize that. :rolleyes:

But here you were going on about how FORD doesn't preach sermons daily like ELVIS does.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:42 PM
It would have meant more if YOU drew it, Hammy.

Passing along someone else's joke to make some lame stab at me is weak.

Besides, it looks more like what your party has been "standing" for lately.

Proud of the Republican Party as it stands today?

Not when uncle Ronnie kept you safe, I mean 3.17.06

Proud of today's "conservative", are ya?

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
So true. That statement reminds me of my years of Catholic education...any time you questioned ANYTHING, you'd get the "A good Christian doesn't even THINK such thoughts" lecture. The three key words always being YOU - SHOULDN'T - THINK. :rolleyes:

Think for yourself. You don't need a teacher's approval for that. Read books on your own time, do introspection on your own time, get the answers from somebody else if you have questions. These things aren't going to be spoonfed to you.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I am getting highly offended at Warham's comments, and that cartoon was highly offensive to me.

This thread should be closed immediately.

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:45 PM
It would have meant more if YOU drew it, Hammy.

Passing along someone else's joke to make some lame stab at me is weak.

Besides, it looks more like what your party has been "standing" for lately.

Proud of the Republican Party as it stands today?

Not when uncle Ronnie kept you safe, I mean 3.17.06

Proud of today's "conservative", are ya?

Yep, I'll always be proud of being a conservative.

By the way, I can draw that well, but I didn't want to waste my time making the point when somebody did it just as well.

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:45 PM
I am getting highly offended at Warham's comments, and that cartoon was highly offensive to me.

This thread should be closed immediately.

You heard him, FORD.

Close her up.

The thread's based on a ridiculous premise anyway.

jhale667
03-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Think for yourself. You don't need a teacher's approval for that. Read books on your own time, do introspection on your own time, get the answers from somebody else if you have questions. These things aren't going to be spoonfed to you.

Think ya missed my point there, War..that's what I've DONE. Fortunately I was born with the 'Question everything' gene. My point was (in my experience at least) organized religion tends to discourage free thought, or any questioning of their foundation.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:48 PM
You heard him, FORD.

Close her up.

You'd love that, too.

Ridiculous premise?

Who are you to judge that?

jhale667
03-17-2006, 09:49 PM

Do WHAT? :rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Think ya missed my point there, War..that's what I've DONE. Fortunately I was born with the 'Question everything' gene. My point was (in my experience at least) organized religion tends to discourage free thought, or any questioning of their foundation.

hale,

Just so you know.......

You'll NEVER get hammy to budge one single inch. He will never acknowledge you having a valid point.

Warham knows everything, and is never wrong. And the Democrats are responsible for everything that has ever gone wrong.

jhale667
03-17-2006, 09:51 PM
LMAO :D

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:53 PM
hale,

Just so you know.......

You'll NEVER get hammy to budge one single inch. He will never acknowledge you having a valid point.

Warham knows everything, and is never wrong. And the Democrats are responsible for everything that has ever gone wrong.

I won't acknowledge your points, but I'll acknowledge j's point. He's right.

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:54 PM

I'll agree with you for the most part.

I grew up Catholic as well, and never found my answers through my church or CCD classes. It was only after I hit my early twenties and started doing my own reading that I came to my own conclusions about my faith. It was also about that time when I decided I really didn't fit into the Catholic mold anymore.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 09:55 PM
LMMFAO

Works every time

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:56 PM
LMMFAO

Works every time

What are you patting yourself on the back for now?

You really think you get me to answer somebody else's questions around here?

Now that's what's REALLY funny.

jhale667
03-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I mean c'mon is faith not a belief in the absence of empirical proof anyway? Does it not REQUIRE a suspension of disbelief (y'know, like goin' to the movies) to work? So why not ADMIT that, and not be fearful of open discussion?

Warham
03-17-2006, 09:58 PM
I mean c'mon is faith not a belief in the absence of empirical proof anyway? Does it not REQUIRE a suspension of disbelief (y'know, like goin' to the movies) to work? So why not ADMIT that, and not be fearful of open discussion?

I think Christianity is grounded in historical reality. If you want proof, like photographic evidence, you won't ever find what you are looking for.

There's no need to have a suspension of disbelief. It's just faith based on reason.

jhale667
03-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I think Christianity is grounded in historical reality. If you want proof, like photographic evidence, you won't ever find what you are looking for.

There's no reason to have a suspension of disbelief. It's just faith based on reason.

Well, if you mean they've found mention of Jesus in a couple of clerical texts of the day and the Roman record of his execution (which I saw on the Discovery Channel, I do believe :rolleyes: ), ok...but there's no proof of his miracles, or of the resurrection or anything like that, you just have to BELIEVE it.

Seshmeister
03-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I've been posting in this forum since Sarge created it a week or so after 9-11.

I'm fucking disgusted by Ford and Elvis closing threads. I hate that.

The only people that close threads in the Van Halen internet world are VHLinks, Ford and Elvis.

Fucking stop it. It sucks. It's a pile of pathetic wank. Lobby Pojo to give you the power to merge threads or move them. Closing a thread is fucking pathetic. You are offended? Good. This is the fucking internet grow up.

I help run a little site and I have told all our mods close a thread and you are gone. Fuck that.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Warham
03-17-2006, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't take those texts as proof. Several of them could have been altered over the first couple centuries after Christ's death by overzealous Christians trying to prove their point.

Yes, faith is required.

jhale667
03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
And for the record, I do not believe the supposed image of the Virgin Mary in a GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH counts as proof of a miracle...:baaa:

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Um, hold on a minute, before i say anything further i want to just offer my buddy's Sesh and Lounge a tissue...sop it up, boys, by crying in a thread here you just allowed us conservatives to win one, lol.

Actually, I called Ford on his double standard for leaving a thread open that was intentioanlly posted to start crap, like the trolls Ford has edited time and time again...y'all can suck KY's dick all you want, but we do have FAIR representation in this forum with Elvis, and he closed it after I requested he do so after stating my case against Ford's lapsed judgement or hypocracy, you be the judge.

It was democracy, Ford was out voted.
Post a poll, we'll get everyone's two cents on it if you want to...But i guarentee you the numbers support closing that piece fo shit nazi fucks attampt to piss people off.
Well, it worked, I don't like it when some foreign fuck denegrates our fallen citizens by the ruthless hands of terrorists.

You say it was an inside job? Fucking prove it, until then we'll just go by the facts as we know them.

But the more important thing here is that you guys like to throw shit in peoples faces until YOU become the victim...how's it feel?
I can tell by the opening posts in here that you know exactly how we did when that piece of shit post was submitted to begin with.

But i won't laugh, or boast that we got even, i'll just trust that in the future you won't be so cold, or such assholes like you were today.

Ford isn't the only mod in this forum, and my hat is off to Elvis for closing that thread.

Way to go Elvis, i appreciate you caring enough to put out the trash.

You can still read it, so it wasn't censored....or edited for that matter.
It was just closed to prevent it from rising back to the top, still not censored though, still not edited.

Warham
03-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I've been posting in this forum since Sarge created it a week or so after 9-11.

I'm fucking disgusted by Ford and Elvis closing threads. I hate that.

The only people that close threads in the Van Halen internet world are VHLinks, Ford and Elvis.

Fucking stop it. It sucks. It's a pile of pathetic wank. Lobby Pojo to give you the power to merge threads or move them. Closing a thread is fucking pathetic. You are offended? Good. This is the fucking internet grow up.

I help run a little site and I have told all our mods close a thread and you are gone. Fuck that.

Cheers!

:gulp:

Would you care for some cheese, Sesh?

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 10:11 PM

God doesn't expect anyone not to question anything, so if you are in a church where they discourage independant thought then you are in a cult service and it's time to leave, like NOW...

Warham
03-17-2006, 10:13 PM
You know who's fucking hypocritical? It's you cunts here who said everything will be alright when FORD closed a few threads a couple weeks or months ago, essentially saying 'don't get your panties in a bunch, it's only the internet.' Now that ELVIS closes a fucking thread, it's like 'damn this fascist censorship!'

jhale667
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
God doesn't expect anyone not to question anything, so if you are in a church where they discourage independant thought then you are in a cult service and it's time to leave, like NOW...

Left in '84 (actually checked out much earlier). Never looked back. I now joke that I am a 'recovering' Catholic...which has P.O.'d a few in this forum before...;) Not that I'm anti-Catholic or anything ('cept for that whole boy-touching thing, different thread), but I'm not a fan of organized religion as a whole...

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
You know who's fucking hypocritical? It's you cunts here who said everything will be alright when FORD closed a few threads a couple weeks or months ago, essentially saying 'don't get your panties in a bunch, it's only the internet.' Now that ELVIS closes a fucking thread, it's like 'damn this fascist censorship!'

When you're right you're right, and you're right.

Hypocracy breeds hypocracy, just like in Nascar when cautions breed cautions, lol.

Except for the cunt thing, that was a little bit......over the top? maybe?

Warham
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
Left in '84 (actually checked out much earlier). Never looked back. I now joke that I am a 'recovering' Catholic...which has P.O.'d a few in this forum before...;) Not that I'm anti-Catholic or anything ('cept for that whole boy-touching thing, different thread), but I'm not a fan of organized religion as a whole...

Good man. Glad you joined the 'recovering Catholics' club.

I believe many of the doctrines they preach are extra-biblical and church-made fabrications.

Warham
03-17-2006, 10:21 PM
When you're right you're right, and you're right.

Hypocracy breeds hypocracy, just like in Nascar when cautions breed cautions, lol.

Except for the cunt thing, that was a little bit......over the top? maybe?

Was it?

I was getting worked up there.

I really hate that c-word, Cat. Really!

;)

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 10:23 PM

I'm not either, in fact i am beginning to think that the TRUE church isn't a building at all...it's our own bodies, as it is referred to as The Temple.
For the only way a congregation cannot be corrupted is if it is personal between the soul and it's creator.

If there is a tradition involved, i'm tailight's, i'm a Hudson Brother, I'm outta there.........

jhale667
03-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Exactly, exactly :D

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Was it?

I was getting worked up there.

I really hate that c-word, Cat. Really!

;)

It's ok, i'm praying for ya, broham... ;)

Seshmeister
03-17-2006, 10:38 PM
I have faith that the sky is green. If any of you motherfuckers question my belief then I will be deeply offended and cry and stuff.

You're all wrong anyway because it is green.

I have faith that it is green.

I think I may start killing people that don't thiink it's green.

Or maybe I'll just get this thread closed if anyone disagrees and attacks my green sky faith.

Seshmeister
03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
The Christian church needs to get with the times and reflect it's followers.

They need to replace the cross with :rolleyes:

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Exactly, exactly :D

Too much crap going on in the church of money, bro...know what i mean?

Oh, and if you ever want to be treated like a demon, stand up in the middle of a service and question the pastor the very moment he strays off course....you'll see how "christian" they are when the pavement hits your backside, lol.

They ALL want you to wait until the service is over and the masses are gone to answer questions....i choose not to wait, everyone deserves to hear the answer to the question I know they are all just itching to ask.
people who see false prophets and don't expose them to others just lends to the deception...they become as guilty as the deciever.

But i'm no demon, I'm what you call a Doubting Thomas, i need to feel the wounds to believe he has risen, and Thessolonians 5:21 grants me that right under God.

My eternal soul is far too important to have respect for any man and I want the truth, and I will find it no matter what it is...that is a promise i have made to myself.
And when i find it, I will share it with the world, free of charge to anyone who wants to hear it.

Until then, I am alone in my journey, and God is who i seek.
When i find him he may turn me away, but that won't stop me, because like you, I too question everything.
I may not be worthy of his salvation, but i'll see to it that another lost soul who might be finds him as well.

Humans are notoriously impatient, god knew this, and that's why he gave Moses those 10 Commandments.
if you sit down and read them, really read them....the answers to a great many questions can be found in them...best of all, everlasting peace.

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 10:56 PM
The Christian church needs to get with the times and reflect it's followers.

They need to replace the cross with :rolleyes:

WRONG, the people better get with the program and stop tempting God with their perception of the times.
Nothing in God has changed, Sesh, he's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

And the funny thing about eyes, the sky just may be green to you, and I have faith that it is however you see it, brother.

Amen

Seshmeister
03-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Cathedral I disagree with you on this whole religious superstition thing but at least you think about it.

Personally over the years I like Elvis and Ford but lets make a rule around here.

No closing of threads. Any threads at all. It sucks.

If it's irrelevant or 'offensive' move it.

The dump forum is full of pictures of ovens saying stick the jews in there. I mean come on let's get this in persprctive...

Seshmeister
03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
WRONG, the people better get with the program and stop tempting God with their perception of the times.
Nothing in God has changed, Sesh, he's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

And the funny thing about eyes, the sky just may be green to you, and I have faith that it is however you see it, brother.

Amen

Seshmeister
03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
:D :D :D

ELVIS
03-17-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm not either, in fact i am beginning to think that the TRUE church isn't a building at all...it's our own bodies, as it is referred to as The Temple.

You are correct, sir!

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Cathedral I disagree with you on this whole religious superstition thing but at least you think about it.

Personally over the years I like Elvis and Ford but lets make a rule around here.

The dump forum is full of pictures of ovens saying stick the jews in there. I mean come on let's get this in persprctive...

I got no problem with that because it sucks to be on both sides of this issue.
I promise i'll never close any more threads. :)

Does this site still have a dump?

FORD
03-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Between this thread and the one that was closed, I hope a lot of you realize that you're as bad as those cartoon hating Muslims you laughed at a few weeks ago.

Think about that for a few minutes before you even attempt to respond to it.

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Amen.

Warham
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM
I never made any statements on those cartoons a few weeks ago, so you couldn't be referring to me.

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Between this thread and the one that was closed, I hope a lot of you realize that you're as bad as those cartoon hating Muslims you laughed at a few weeks ago.

Ok, I thought about it...

And you're as bad as the cartoonist that drew it, but only because you have a double standard when it comes to conservatives and liberals in this forum.

So, i gotta ask, are you BCE?

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 11:30 PM
And for the record.....

I'm one of the few who have remained 100% consistant on this matter.

I called out FORD, and didn't back him when HE closed threads, or edited ignorant troll/sheep

And I don't agree with ELVIS' call. But it's his forum, so I'll shut up about it.

But you cons saying "you won one", were ALL bitching at FORD for doing the same thing.

Now, you'll just claim "apples and oranges", which is utter bullshit, and you know it.

Sesh called it. Closing a thread that pushes a button to make you think, or pushes a button to make you made, is COUNTER to what we all deep down believe in.

THE RIGHT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL TO DECIDE WHAT'S WORTH TALKING ABOUT, AND WHAT'S NOT.

And EVERYONE reserves the right NOT TO READ THE FUCKING THREAD.

Cath, Warham, ELVIS......NONE of you were REQUIRED to click on, read, nor accept this thread as having any value. You ALL were free to go elsewhere, and put it out of your mind. Just as we all are free to stay there and discuss, deride, and derail the message if we CHOOSE

Cons/Republicans/Zealots hate choice. And free will.

Warham
03-17-2006, 11:36 PM
blah, blah, blah...

it's like diarrhea of the mouth...

A picture of the Twin Towers in a tetris game isn't designed to make you think or promote conversation. It's designed to piss you off. I reserve the right to read the fucking thread and ask it to be closed because I'm offended. I have the RIGHT, as you like to say, of free speech, and my speech will be heard.

You really think that picture had any redeeming value, Lounge? Just a yes or no answer will do.

Warham
03-17-2006, 11:42 PM
I like that cheap shot you got in there at the end, too.

Classic. :)

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 11:42 PM
And for the record.....

I called out FORD, and didn't back him when HE closed threads, or edited ignorant troll/sheep

And I don't agree with ELVIS' call. But it's his forum, so I'll shut up about it.

But you cons saying "you won one", were ALL bitching at FORD for doing the same thing.

Now, you'll just claim "apples and oranges", which is utter bullshit, and you know it.

Sesh called it. Closing a thread that pushes a button to make you think, or pushes a button to make you made, is COUNTER to what we all deep down believe in.

THE RIGHT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL TO DECIDE WHAT'S WORTH TALKING ABOUT, AND WHAT'S NOT.

And EVERYONE reserves the right NOT TO READ THE FUCKING THREAD.

Cath, Warham, ELVIS......NONE of you were REQUIRED to click on, read, nor accept this thread as having any value. You ALL were free to go elsewhere, and put it out of your mind. Just as we all are free to stay there and discuss, deride, and derail the message if we CHOOSE

Cons/Republicans/Zealots hate choice. And free will.

Fine, and it was I that claimed a victory.

You're right, we had the right to or not to click on it, but the same could be said about the threads Ford edited and deleted, right?

He started the shit, so let's keep that in mind, ok?
When i was a mod here i was told point blank NEVER to edit or delete a thread....that was grounds for termination, and some were terminated for it in the past.
So in essence it isn't just Ford who has the double standrad, it's the site as well.
But it isn't like this shit is new, the right hand never knew what the left hand was doing on this site...But they always claimed this superior Alfa-Male crap when "dropping the hatchet" on people.

But anyway, I'm just here to have fun and fun is what we've had today.......:)
Though Kentuckycocklicker is still a piece of shit nazi fuck....;)

Roth On!

FORD
03-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Does a picture of Mohammed with a fucking bomb in his turban (planted by a PNAC madman) have any "redeeming value"?

Warham
03-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Remember, Cat, 'Republicans hate free will' more than libs do apparently, but look who's done the most editing and deleting of threads here?

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Does a picture of Mohammed with a fucking bomb in his turban (planted by a PNAC madman) have any "redeeming value"?

About as much as a picture of a surprised kentuckycockgobbler strokin your manhood to spewsville, sir.

lol, admit it, that was fookin funny..

Cathedral
03-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Remember, Cat, 'Republicans hate free will' more than libs do apparently, but look who's done the most editing and deleting of threads here?

I know, the truth can't be hidden from me brother Warham.

I have a dream, a dream where all Rothites are treated with equality under the Front Line Sun. a dream of a coming day when Bush will move back to Crawford and we all band together to clean up the fallout and abandon land too contaminated to raise a decent Demblican. a dream that someday God will send his son to collect us all so that we may all walk together in the kingdom of heaven for eternity.

Yes, that was just a dream, and then i woke up...lol.

Dan
03-17-2006, 11:54 PM
Where's katydid?

LoungeMachine
03-17-2006, 11:57 PM

Exactly how many "libs" are mods in this forum?

And is it a numbers game? If ELVIS closes more threads than FORD, do suddenly you lose the argument?

Do you hear yourself?

If you have a problem with FORD, take it to FORD. He's more than able.

But I did't believe for one second you, hammy would ever concede one single point.

FORD
03-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Dan
Where's katydid?

"she" knows better.

Warham
03-18-2006, 12:08 AM
But I did't believe for one second you, hammy would ever concede one single point.

I concede points if they make any sense.

All I saw in your comment was a cheap shot at Republicans.

Cathedral
03-18-2006, 12:11 AM
I concede points if they make any sense.

All I saw in your comment was a cheap shot at Republicans.

I ignored that part...it was MY RIGHT to do so... ;)

Cathedral
03-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Exactly how many "libs" are mods in this forum?

And is it a numbers game? If ELVIS closes more threads than FORD, do suddenly you lose the argument?

Do you hear yourself?

If you have a problem with FORD, take it to FORD. He's more than able.

It's not about numbers, it's about where it all began if you ask me.

Now we can re-open this argument or put it to rest. everyone has a big dick, let's just bury them in our wives and be done with it.

Dan
03-18-2006, 12:52 AM
It's not about numbers, it's about where it all began if you ask me.

Now we can re-open this argument or put it to rest. everyone has a big dick, let's just bury them in our wives and be done with it.

LOL

scamper
03-18-2006, 05:57 AM

INTOLERANCE.

WTF

kentuckyklira
03-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Religion is for idiots who donŽt trust their own common sense!

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.
Love is the law, love under will.
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-18-2006, 11:02 AM
There is a major sheep factor in organized religion. I think people need to start believing in themselves. It is amazing how a leader or leaders of a faith can whip their followers into a violent frenzy and wreak havoc on those whom do not agree with them. I refuse to be someones fucking tool. Follow your own path grasshoppers. Oh and Happy Birthday Kentuckyklira, you madman you.

FORD
03-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
There is a major sheep factor in organized religion. I think people need to start believing in themselves. It is amazing how a leader or leaders of a faith can whip their followers into a violent frenzy and wreak havoc on those whom do not agree with them. I refuse to be someones fucking tool. Follow your own path grasshoppers. Oh and Happy Birthday Kentuckyklira, you madman you.

Yep. And that's what organized religion has been, more than anything else, is a tool to control and manipulate the public.

Best historical example of this is how local Jewish authorities in Jerusalem managed to use their religious hierarchy to turn an entire crowd against a man whom at the very least was a harmless roaming street preacher.

Who also happenned to be the Son of the God they claimed to worship.......

There's the power of organized religion, in a nutshell.

Cathedral
03-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Yep. And that's what organized religion has been, more than anything else, is a tool to control and manipulate the public.

Best historical example of this is how local Jewish authorities in Jerusalem managed to use their religious hierarchy to turn an entire crowd against a man whom at the very least was a harmless roaming street preacher.

Uh huh, and that's also your first clue that Catholicism is the first of the false churches.
No offense to Catholics, but hey, I was shocked when i figured out that my own church was a sham.
So now i am having to approach my faith as a child taking his first steps, re-learning everything.

Jesus was a walking church and they destroyed his temple.

Can you imagine what things would be like now if he had chosen NOT to take his place on that cross?

I can't...

Warham
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Uh huh, and that's also your first clue that Catholicism is the first of the false churches.
No offense to Catholics, but hey, I was shocked when i figured out that my own church was a sham.
So now i am having to approach my faith as a child taking his first steps, re-learning everything.

Jesus was a walking church and they destroyed his temple.

Can you imagine what things would be like now if he had chosen NOT to take his place on that cross?

I can't...

Satan would be REALLY running wild.

FORD
03-18-2006, 04:30 PM
Satan would be REALLY running wild.

Can't blame it all on Satan though. Human beings have to take the responsibility for most of the shit that goes down.

Granted, Satan probably had a front row seat for the Crucifixion, but even the Bible claims his only role was turning Judas against Jesus. The rest was all selfish human beings working for their own ends.

Nickdfresh
03-18-2006, 04:57 PM

Oh. God forbid somebody do something "offensive."

I didn't like the thread anymore than anybody else and felt that it was in pretty poor taste to trivialize anyones' death. I suppose in his little drug and alcohol polluted mind, he was making a "Dadaist" joke. I didn't think it was funny, but it also sparked conversation...

All the more reasons it should have stayed open so people can rip the assertions of the author apart...

Yeah, I guess only Christians have the right to speak their minds in this forum with a holier-than-now with a callousness that is almost infantile, and an ultimately self-serving self righteousness that has spawned more evil and misery around the world than just about any purely-"Atheist" movements aside from Communism...

Nickdfresh
03-18-2006, 05:07 PM
Yep, I'll always be proud of being a conservative.

Then why don't you try voting for some??

Nickdfresh
03-18-2006, 05:55 PM

Well SESH, in all fairness, at your site, you readily ban obvious trolls...

There are few bannings here that go on. And one has to do some horrendous shit to get the axe through their neck at the Roth Army...

So all things being equal, is there really much difference in closing a thread that's obvious, redundant shit? Keep in mind, I agree with you that the thread in question should not have been closed because it's no less valid than the 38 other 9/11 threads on the board...

But closing a thread isn't necessarily censorship if it's a dupe of a thread that already exists on the board...

Nickdfresh
03-18-2006, 06:08 PM

Excellent point....

Nickdfresh
03-18-2006, 06:13 PM

Which leads to what I've always said here... Religion is about (political) power, the the exercising of such...

ULTRAMAN VH
03-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I have to give my two cents on the 9-11 tetris thread. It was wrong, period. On the topic of religion, yes it has had the potential to wreak havoc. On the other hand it can be used for good. Some of my greatest childhood memories were Christmas events with my family and the inspirational music that Christmas inspired. Religious holidays like Christmas and Easter bring families together and I can't imagine a dinner without a member of the family giving thanks in prayer before a holiday meal. Yes I have grown up and found a comfort zone in Eastern philosophy but I still respect my Christian roots. With that said, I still understand that organized religion has many faults, but on occasion it did bring some joy into my life.

DavidLeeNatra
03-19-2006, 07:00 AM

I don't post that much in the frontline but when I stumbled over the tetris thread I was really wondering why it was closed.

3,000 dead people shouldn't be remembered as a tetris cartoon? 3,000 dead people was a regular tuesday in auschwitz and I've seen meaner cartoons and jokes about that on a site dedicated to a black man trapped in a jewish body...

wasn't it "fooooooookin' funny" when we had this thread with the iraqi information minister where you could edit your own text ("beaten with shoes"), all about a war that was based on lies and disinformation? how many dead people?

do I think the tetris cartoon was funny? not much...but don't act like fucking "uh uh...they hurt our feelings"-crybabies if someone gives you a slap on your american asses...

Warham
03-19-2006, 07:26 AM
I have one question for you guys who support K's actions...

Why wasn't it placed in the cartoon thread in the first place?

FORD routinely closes Brian's pictures of Howard Dean, and I'm going to use Nick's own words here. 'They are no less valid' than any of the other 50 Howard Dean threads on the board.

I'm sorry, but it's hypocritical. You guys constantly bomb Brian for that stuff, but here K does something FAR more offensive, and here you are running to his defense.

It's hypocritical.

Like I asked, why wasn't it placed in the cartoon thread?

DavidLeeNatra
03-19-2006, 07:42 AM

FORD routinely closes Brian's pictures of Howard Dean, and I'm going to use Nick's own words here. 'They are no less valid' than any of the other 50 Howard Dean threads on the board.

I'm sorry, but it's hypocritical. You guys constantly bomb Brian for that stuff, but here K does something FAR more offensive, and here you are running to his defense.

It's hypocritical.

I didn't support the meaning of the cartoon but I think if it is ok to post anti-mohammed cartoons it must be ok to post the tetris cartoon, too...there shouldn't be a "selection"...

Warham
03-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Well, the only problem I have with it is that FORD routinely closes cartoon threads, stating all cartoons should be placed in the stickied thread up on top. The same would go for Howard Dean, 9/11, or Muslim cartoons, in my view.

Why preferential treatment this time?

DavidLeeNatra
03-19-2006, 08:13 AM
sorry...I don't know much about the policy in this forum...maybe I should have kept my mouth shut and check that before throwing in my 2 ct...I just thought it's the same here like in the other forums and didn't know that ford and elvis got their own "rules" here...

Roy Munson
03-19-2006, 09:35 AM
My computer gets locked up by SpyFalcon and look what I missed!!!!

LOL

ODShowtime
03-19-2006, 10:25 AM

I agree with this. The really offensive, stupid comments and threads are usually the best ammo we've got. Let 'em hang themselves.

I think it's good fun to remind Kentucky how we burned many of his fatherland's great cities to the ground while they were full of his sleeping ancesters, and they all deserved it! Now that felt great!

Sheep who enable dictators will get their commupance. That's the story kentucky klira is here to remind us about.

kentuckyklira
03-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I just read all the responses to my thread for the first time!

Wow, what a bunch of pussies!

PM me your addresses and IŽll send each of you a box of Kleenex. You can even choose the colour!

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

LoungeMachine
03-19-2006, 11:27 AM

?

First of all, I didn't "support K's actions" if you were referring to me.

I support keeping the thread open, and thus open for discusssion, both pro and con....

I would've had NO prob whatsoever had FORD closed it on THAT basis, and had K resubmit it in the cartton thread.

But closing it becuase it may have "offended" people is total BULLSHIT.

I'm offended on a daily basis by alot of you fake-cons in here, and I don't cry to have threads closed.

DON'T LIKE A THREAD? DON'T CLICK ON IT AND READ IT, YOU FUCKING WHINEY ASS PUSSIES.

Or better yet, don't like a thread, then post legitimate arguments supporting your reasons for thinking it was offensive. Or would that be too taxing on you?

Warham
03-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Or better yet, don't like a thread, then post legitimate arguments supporting your reasons for thinking it was offensive. Or would that be too taxing on you?

I did post legitimate reasons, you dumb shit.

LoungeMachine
03-19-2006, 01:35 PM
I did post legitimate reasons, you dumb shit.

Hey, dumbass.....

You also CRIED for the thread to be CLOSED

So, what you're saying is, it's okay for YOU to express your opinion, but after you're done, close the thread before the other members have had a chance to express THEIR opinions.

Idiot.:rolleyes:

Nickdfresh
03-19-2006, 01:42 PM

It's hypocritical.

Oh, starting a new line of argument now?

Warham
03-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey, dumbass.....

You also CRIED for the thread to be CLOSED

So, what you're saying is, it's okay for YOU to express your opinion, but after you're done, close the thread before the other members have had a chance to express THEIR opinions.

Idiot.:rolleyes:

Who expressed their opinion first, you knucklehead? The guy who started the thread? I asked FORD to close it after HE had his chance to express HIS opinion on the game of tetris as it relates to 9/11.

BigBadBrian
03-19-2006, 03:40 PM
And for the record.....

Uh huh :rolleyes:

Bullshit! :rolleyes:

BigBadBrian
03-19-2006, 03:48 PM

It's hypocritical.

FINALLY.....

Someone gets the point!

Reading this thread today, you all crack me up! :D

No, I'm not talking about the Howie Dean threads I've started.

I'm talking about legitimate other threads other people and I have started that FORD has LOCKED because he didn't like them.

Hell, he's even editted pictures out of my posts in various threads saying "pictures belong in the cartoon forum." Try and deny that one FORD and you're a damn liar!!!!

In parting, here's one for you all to enjoy: :D

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/v/1/dean_dates.jpg

ace diamond
08-16-2006, 05:35 PM

gee,because i am a free spirit,free thinker,and i speak rather freely,
organised religion has done everything possible to make my life as miserable as possible. 1 group in particular,christians, an organised religion, from a particularly cult oriented sect called"SET FREE"
actually tried to kill me. lucky for me i sensed it and split town for 5 days. when i got home my house was destroyed,most of my stuff was stolen,and a note was pinned on the inside of my front door,by way of a butcher knife,that stated clearly their intentions to return and finish the job.
i coll;ected what was left of my things,moved out that night, and never went back.
i did however take pictures of the extensive damage,along with aforementioned death threat notice,and sent them to the FBI.

i do not think they gave a fuck,because nothing was ever done about it.

FUCK GOD!
FUCK JESUS!
FUCK ALL ORGANISED RELIGION!
FUCK RIGHT-WING,NARROW-MINDED CONSERVATIVE ASSHOLES!!!

WHEN ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE GONNA WAKE THE FUCK UP AND REALISE IT'S ALL BULLSHIT CREATED TO CONTROL AND HORRIFICALLY ABUSE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEE THINGS FROM THEIR POINT OF VIEW?
AND OF COURSE ALL THIS UNDER THE GUISE OF GOD,CHURCH AND RELIGION AND POLITICS.

HISTORICAL FACT:
RELIGION AND POLITICS ARE #1 AND #2 BIGGEST CAUSES OF MISERY.SUFFERING AND DEATH OF ALL TIME.
ALL BECAUSE OF ORGANISED RELIGION.

ABSOLUTELY INDISPUTABLE HISTORICAL FACT.

BigBadBrian
08-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ace diamond
gee,because i am a free spirit,free thinker,and i speak rather freely,
organised religion has done everything possible to make my life as miserable as possible. 1 group in particular,christians, an organised religion, from a particularly cult oriented sect called"SET FREE"
actually tried to kill me. lucky for me i sensed it and split town for 5 days. when i got home my house was destroyed,most of my stuff was stolen,and a note was pinned on the inside of my front door,by way of a butcher knife,that stated clearly their intentions to return and finish the job.
i coll;ected what was left of my things,moved out that night, and never went back.
i did however take pictures of the extensive damage,along with aforementioned death threat notice,and sent them to the FBI.

i do not think they gave a fuck,because nothing was ever done about it.

FUCK GOD!
FUCK JESUS!
FUCK ALL ORGANISED RELIGION!
FUCK RIGHT-WING,NARROW-MINDED CONSERVATIVE ASSHOLES!!!

WHEN ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE GONNA WAKE THE FUCK UP AND REALISE IT'S ALL BULLSHIT CREATED TO CONTROL AND HORRIFICALLY ABUSE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEE THINGS FROM THEIR POINT OF VIEW?
AND OF COURSE ALL THIS UNDER THE GUISE OF GOD,CHURCH AND RELIGION AND POLITICS.

HISTORICAL FACT:
RELIGION AND POLITICS ARE #1 AND #2 BIGGEST CAUSES OF MISERY.SUFFERING AND DEATH OF ALL TIME.
ALL BECAUSE OF ORGANISED RELIGION.

ABSOLUTELY INDISPUTABLE HISTORICAL FACT.

I'm sorry to hear about the fact that you're a member of the biggest LIE of all: the Church of Liberalism. You show such great "tolerance" in your post above. Don't you think it's a bit funny you've become what you despise? Now go sit in the pew and put on your beanie.

http://www.lifeisforeveryone.com/blog/tin%20hat.JPG

ace diamond
08-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I'm sorry to hear about the fact that you're a member of the biggest LIE of all: the Church of Liberalism. You show such great "tolerance" in your post above. Don't you think it's a bit funny you've become what you despise? Now go sit in the pew and put on your beanie.

http://www.lifeisforeveryone.com/blog/tin%20hat.JPG

FUCK GOD
FUCK RELIGION
FUCK CHURCH
FUCK POLITICS
FUCK YOU

ace diamond
08-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I NEVER SAID A FUCKING THING ABOUT LIBERALISM OR TOLERANCE.

Nickdfresh
08-19-2006, 03:46 PM

Oh fuck!:rolleyes: So you can close any thread because they politically "offend you." (But then you can bitch about anybody else's' thread closures of duplicate spam.)

Remember, only Anne Coulter can shit on 9/11 victims here with impunity according to rightists here.

And the tetris thing wasn't even particularly vicious, just dumb. There was some interesting commentary in it though, which Elvis silenced arbitrarily.

Somehow, I find Ford's preaching as Jesus to be far less belligerent that many others' preaching (including my own.:)).

And I find it funny when I see self described Christians like Elvis go on paragraph long rants about "******s," and how the world is basically existing to be a battle ground of Christians vs. Muslims. Neither was something Christ preached. But I guess I don't have the Christian Scholarship to comment? LOL

Warham
08-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Dude, my post was like six months old. Why bring it back up now? Don't have anything to do today?

ELVIS
08-19-2006, 06:09 PM
LMAO!

Nickdfresh
08-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Dude, my post was like six months old. Why bring it back up now? Don't have anything to do today?

Exactly! Shit, I only noticed that after I posted it. That's what happens when you're in and out.

I didn't realize some newb bumped it...

Dr. Love
08-19-2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.mygeekyplace.net/jesus/j7.jpg

Warham
08-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Exactly! Shit, I only noticed that after I posted it. That's what happens when you're in and out.

I didn't realize some newb bumped it...

Sorry, Nick.

Just a little barb there.

I forgot you've been gone almost as long as I have lately.

:D

It's not bad, really. Lounge should try it some time.