PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys reach agreement with T.O.

guwapo_rocker
03-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Report: Cowboys reach agreement with T.O.

The Sports Network

3/18/2006 1:23:29 AM

Irving, TX (Sports Network) - The Dallas Cowboys have reportedly reached an agreement in principle with wide receiver Terrell Owens.

According to the Dallas Morning News, the team is expected to officially announce the signing of the mercurial free agent in the next few days.

After a tumultuous two-year tenure in Philadelphia, the Eagles cut Owens on Tuesday to avoid paying him a $5 million roster bonus.

Owens was suspended or inactive for the final nine games of the 2005 season because of constant problems with the Eagles front office, head coach Andy Reid and teammates, beginning with an off-season desire to have his contract renegotiated.

Philadelphia gave Owens' agent Drew Rosenhaus permission to seek a trade during the offseason but was unable to find any suitors, especially with the likelihood he would be released.

The talented yet troublesome wideout finished last season with 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns over seven games.

Philadelphia acquired Owens from the San Francisco 49ers in March 2004. His first season with the club was a huge success, as the 6-foot-3 wideout hauled in 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns in 14 games. The Eagles won the NFC Championship that season, and in a Super Bowl loss to the New England Patriots, Owens came back from an ankle injury to catch nine passes for 122 yards in the game.

Immediately following the 2004 season, Owens fired agent David Joseph and made Rosenhaus his new agent. Owens then went on to criticize his quarterback Donovan McNabb and ask Eagles management to restructure his seven-year contract.

The Eagles refused to discuss Owens' contract, but the veteran did report to training camp on time. However, Philadelphia head coach Andy Reid sent Owens home for one week during the summer for conduct detrimental to the team.

For his career, the 10-year veteran has played in 142 games with the Eagles and 49ers and has 716 catches for 10,535 yards with 101 touchdowns.

Of all of Owens' on-field antics throughout his career, arguably the most memorable came against the Cowboys, when he defiantly stood on the star at midfield after scoring a touchdown while with the 49ers.

Link (http://tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?id=159111)

Well the Cowboys are my team and he is a very talented receiver.

He's also a fucked up egotistical cunt. So I don't know what to make of

this.

POJO_Risin
03-18-2006, 09:37 AM
It will be the same as in Philly...

it will start of with tentative cheering...

followed by...

"Oh Fuck..."

Of course...if you get to the bowl this year...it won't matter...

POJO_Risin
03-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Of course...lmfao...didn't we already have a thread about this?...

guwapo...guwapo...guwapo...

guwapo_rocker
03-18-2006, 09:39 AM
I see Red confirmed this in another thread last night. Sorry bro, didn't see the post.

guwapo_rocker
03-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Delete this Pojo.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-18-2006, 09:42 AM
I'll take care of it...