PDA

View Full Version : Crazy-ass Televangelists!

BITEYOASS
03-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Watch out for Benny Hinn's wife, she's bound to give you all a holy ghost enema!:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0FMZiEmM14&search=preacher

BITEYOASS
03-19-2006, 12:34 AM
Here's the craziest of them all Robert Tilton! :D He's crazy even without the farting noises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCX_kGWgHHg&search=preacher#comment

BITEYOASS
03-19-2006, 12:41 AM
it gets crazier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88G4Xx6r4vI&search=Tilton

Cathedral
03-19-2006, 01:46 AM
Benny Hinn?

Man, let me tell you, if there ever was a false prophet on this planet, he is him.

My Mother supports his ministry financially. her house is full of his "Love Gifts" that were free with a donation of $100 or more and i would love to see him go down.

I have always had issue with preachers that collect a salary.
The man wears $5,000 dollar suits, he has about $250,000 worth of jewelery on his body at any given time, and he owns multi million dollar homes and has never held a real job.

Now you tell me, is he a humble man, or a proud man?

He has used fear to maximize his income more than any single preacher in history.
But the truly amazing thing is that his "services" are always filled to capacity.
Plus, he calls everyone "Saints", talk about a bold opportunist crook?

I don't see how people get away with stuff like that. and just once i'd like to see someone who was actually healed at one of his services give an interview.

Seriously, If people were actually being healed of cancer, defness, Aids, disabilities of all kinds and anything bad you can imagine, don't you think as the preacher you would want people testifying to the masses?

Not him, you have to be interviewed before being chosen, then you are compensated and have to sign a contract of silence to get paid if you want to be healed in his service.

And even with people knowing the truth about him as i do....People still flock to his, what does he call them? Crusades.

That guy with the name Brock, heavy set, and always does the introduction of his "saints" just before being healed...He used to be the pastor of the church I attended.
I remember one night leaving that church in 1990, his son was broadsided leaving the church parking lot and killed instantly by a drunk driver.....I looked at that as his saying paying the price for his sin against God...that whole gnerational Curse thing...but he turned it into mass donations, and then he left Princeton Pike and a few years later showed up on the Hinn broadcast.

You can even prove to people that they are a sham and they excuse it with, "It doesn't matter, I'm serving the Lord", but they could never be further from the truth.
If you support a false church you will be judged for supporting that false church. "Thou shalt have no other Gods before me" covers that, brothers and sisters.
God will test everyones faith in him, and the Rapture will be that test.

When the Anti-Christ appears and takes that throne, people will fall to their knee's to worship him, but they will NOT be worshipping Jesus.

"Christians" believe that this thing called the Rapture will take place and all of God's obedient servents will be swept up into the heavens, believers will vanish from cars, planes, beds, wherever they are they will just vanish, become spirits in an instant.
They believe they will be spared the Tribulation, but the Word DOESN'T SAY THAT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!

Ask any Christian what the origin of the Rapture is and they will swear to you it is in the bible...it isn't.
You won't even find the word "Rapture" anywhere in the bible.
it wasn't until the year 1830 in Glasgow, Scotland when a woman, (an extremely sick and halucinating woman with an incredibly high fever) by name of Margaret MacDonald, had a dream.

Don't believe me? it's history, look it up.

You can trace the adoption of that theory into our "Christian" faith by a man named John Darby. he met with the woman, and though he didn't believe in people giving "prophecies", he began teaching this doctrine after he returned home.

The problem is that like i said, if you ask any "Christian" about it, they quote scripture that fits only if it is taken out of context and twisted with other scriptures.

All i can say is that people who believe that which they cannot prove, or haven't verified for themselves what it is they do believe...will be decieved and will be judged as having little or no faith in the TRUE God.

Satan can speak through people, this is called "possession", and it is very real. THAT is where i believe this "vision" came from that Ms. MacDonald had.

The Bibe speaks of Christ's second coming, Paul spoke of the second coming of Christ and even warned us to keep our faith, and in no way did he or the book tell of any "Rapture" sparing all of the Tribulation.

The believer is the soldier of God, it is the believer who is to spread the good news to all who seek it, the key word being "seek".
It will be the believers job right up until Jesus comes from the sky "after" the Tribulation {after the 7th trump as it is written}.

My point, and it is one that brings anger from the "Christian" is this, and it's very simple: "If the Tribulation and the falling away that exposes the Beast-Satan-Anti-Christ happens at the sound of the 6th Trump, and Jesus doesn't return until the sound of the 7th Trump as it says in scripture, how can this "Rapture" take place before the Tribulation?

Oh my, we have a contradiction here, and guess what those i've challenged with this have ALL said,
"Well, God takes care of the little details", "I don't question God", or a couple have begun speaking in tongues and rebuking me as though I were Satan sent to torment them and twist their understanding...

My apologies, but that twisting of the understanding happened long before I even passed through a womb.

God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, so any changes to his word are done by man. any contradictions at all throughout history are NOT of God and should be proven as it says in Thess 5:21, or dropped like a hot rock and forgotten.

Allowing yourslef to be decieved is a sin and claiming, "I didn't know any better" will not help you come the day of Judgement.

The answers are here, and it all depends on how much you love the Lord and Savior as to if you find them or not and earn that place in heaven for eternity.
Satan has laid a strong foundation in deciet, and it engulfs all of organized corporate religions.....Religions are spawns of Tradition, and the hebrew meaning for Traditions is, Nothing Useful...

My journey is a long one, it's taken me closer and farther away from the truth...but i have found that if i am persistant, the answer just appears out of nowhere. I fall on my face, and in some cases I've even lashed out at God...but I always come back and take yet another step forward in my journey.
As i have said before, I do none of this for myself, I know I am not worthy of God's kingdom. but if I can help another find the path, then i have done what he put me here to do in the first place.

The only thing i beg of everyone i encounter in life, and that includes all of you reading this, is to find out for yourselves. DO NOT put any faith in any man or woman to guide you, they are flawed.
Ask God, and then set out on your own journey to PROVE IT as we are all told to do in Thess 5:21.

That single scripture has made the difference in my life. it has been the most motivating message ever to fill my heart that kept me from giving up.

Cathedral
03-19-2006, 02:03 AM
Reverend W.V. Grant Jr.

This is the dude who swindled my mother and claimed to have given ME the power to heal people with my right hand back in 1980 at the Cathedral of Compassion here in Cincinnati.

He was exposed here and moved to Dallas to "take over his dead fathers church", where he was exposed again and ended up in prison for tax evasion.

Eagles Nest Cathedral - W.V. Grant Jr. (http://www.fox5atlanta.com/iteam/wvgrant.html)

bueno bob
03-19-2006, 03:10 AM
I was about to get fired up about Benny Hinn, but Cathedral beat me to it...I was watching him back around '99 or so, late night TV, and he said he was going to "go into a trance" and that the next words out of his mouth would be "the words of GOD Himself".

No shit.

So he goes into this "trance", opens his eyes, and starts talking about (I am NOT making this up) he would "condemn" and "curse" all those who "spoke ill of the Benny Hinn Ministries" and tried to "thwart their righteous cause" (not verbatim, but the point's close enough, I guess).

Were it ever possible to reach through a TV set and strangle somebody, I think I would have done it right there. What an ass.

bueno bob
03-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Satan can speak through people, this is called "possession", and it is very real. THAT is where i believe this "vision" came from that Ms. MacDonald had.

An interesting story...my Uncle's a pastor (well, was for 35 odd years, he's retired now), and he attended some sort of religious seminar of some sort a few years back...there were a lot of people gathered, all sorts of people flew in from all different places.

Anyway, he happened to meet a Samoan (I think a Samoan, anyway, some pacific island or another maybe) pastor and they ended up attending one of the sermons together. They sat about a seat or two back from one particular person (apparently some white guy in his early 30's or so, from Texas or somewhere), and about halfway through the service, this guy from Texas starts speaking in tongues.

So what happens? The islander who was sitting with my Uncle gets up and goes over to the guy, tells him to shut his mouth and starts shaking him up, even slaps him across the face a few times! Well, the other people sitting next to this guy start yelling at him, tell him to leave him alone because he's praising God and so forth; the guy who was sitting with my Uncle, well, come to find out it's his native language and the guy WAS NOT praising God - he was cursing him with all sorts of profanity.

I like to tell that story to people who profess speaking in tongues up and down; if nothing else, it stirs the pot a little ;)

Cathedral
03-19-2006, 05:08 AM
That's messed up, bueno...It always tripped me out when people would get up in services and start speaking in tongues, but like you pointed out, that isn't always the case.

Now, I believe that with God, ALL things are possible. but i am also firmly planted in reality, and i can't remember off hand where it says it, but i do remember reading in the bible that when people speak in tongues it is not permitted to happen in the congregation unless there is an interpreter present to translate what is being said.
because hey, If the Holy Spirit is talking, You want to know whats being said or what's the point?

Well surprise to me, people seem to just jump up and start going off, some say it is the Holy Spirit speaking through them and people just ignore it as though it's normal.

I think it is an abomination to fool people like that and i wouldn't want to be in their shoes come judgement day.

Ya know, being an obedient servent to the will of God doesn't require giving up your free will. if voices are dictating to people what to eat, when to shop, or to ignore paying bills and dodging creditors, lol...I'd say the mental Health Board might be very interested in speaking with them a little bit.

BITEYOASS
03-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Hinn won't ever top Tilton on the crazy scale! They should have Will Ferrell play him in a movie. :D

bantonelli
03-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
Here's the craziest of them all Robert Tilton! :D He's crazy even without the farting noises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCX_kGWgHHg&search=preacher#comment

LOL!! What kind of diet does this guy eat?? Refried Beans? Wow, he thinks that passing gas is actually God communicating ???

I think this guy gets high from his own fumes!

lunar_eclipse
03-19-2006, 01:59 PM
You guys ever heard of "Rev." Leroy Jenkins? He is an obvious closet homo who claims the ability to heal people with his touch....cancer....spinalbifeda...all you have to do is show up and WHAMMO- praise the Lawd you is healed....

Makes his money selling "God Water" to the ignorant. Fucking brilliant! Very little manufacturing cost.

http://www.leroyjenkins.com/miracles.html

BITEYOASS
03-19-2006, 11:28 PM
here is some more Farting Preacher!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX5osjoL1Rw&search=Robert%20Tilton

Cathedral
03-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by bantonelli
LOL!! What kind of diet does this guy eat?? Refried Beans? Wow, he thinks that passing gas is actually God communicating ???

I think this guy gets high from his own fumes!

I think his problem was taking "Lots of drugs"...

But for a $1,000 dollar love gift i'll tell you his true secret of enlightenment. :)

The farting stuff is edited in, he doesn't actually do that on tv, lol.