PDA

View Full Version : Apple moving it's R&D to India

Nitro Express
03-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Steve Jobs has gone to India to oversee the transfer of Apple's Research & Development to India from Apple's headquarters in Cuppertino, CA.

I was in the Silicone Valley two months ago. I couldn't believe how depressed it was compared to the booming times of the 80's and 90's. Apple sending R&D overseas drives it home that the Silicon Valley may be done for the average engineer and programmer. The corporate headquarters will still be there with the rich top management living in Pebble Beach, Los Altos, or Mill Valley.

When I was in school, they told us to become programmers and engineers because the manufacturing jobs would go overseas. Some of the smartest did do that and landed jobs in the Silicon Valley only to find they cost the company too much and were laid off.

I now know some programmers who have gone to culinary school trying to make it as a chef. It looks like the only well paying jobs that are going to be left in the US are high end service jobs who cater to the ever increasing number of billionares who make money selling the rest of us out.

Being a chef is not a bad idea. We could poison the bastards and take our jobs back.

Roy Munson
03-20-2006, 03:06 PM
We are fuct.

Roy Munson
03-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Some of you know that I had a major crash with my home computer this weekend. Well...

I had to format and reload a copy of Windows XP Pro. It was my brothers' copy. After loading it, it wouldn't activate because the key code didn't work. I was gonig to give up and just buy my own copy until my brother-in-law made a suggestion that I call the toll-free number for Micropenisoft and try to get a new code.

I figured I had nothing to lose so I called them. At first, the call was automated and I was basically talking to a computer. After the computer decided it couldn't handle my situation any further it put me on hold. I knew what was coming. After a short while (surprisingly short), a woman with a thick Indian accent came on the line and asked me a couple of questions. After answering my quesitons she rattled off a shitload of numbers for a new key code. I asked to repeat a couple of numbers but she just ignored me and kept going! Luckily I got them all right and my XP is now legit.

My point is that this has happened to me more than just a few times. India is taking over our phone-oriented service jobs at an alarming pace. Plus, they are becoming a manufacturing giant. It's scary to think of what's around the corner. Bush, as well as manyother Repubs and Dems, are losing me fast with this situation. It's only going to get worse. Big business is doing whatever possible to trim costs and maximize profits and they are bleeding America in order to do it. Our government is, and has been, letting them get away with it for far too long. We need a BIG change in our House and Senate...I MEAN BIG CHANGE.

Although there is no way I would have voted for John Kerry (I still wouldn't), I am beginning to regret voting for Bush. Not quite there yet...

Lounge, you DO NOT have permission to use the above quote in your sig!

Nickdfresh
03-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Look man, I'm not saying CLINTON/GORE were in any way innocent in all this, but look who's controlled the the Congress for ten years now, and the Executive branch for over six...

It's no coincidence...

Roy Munson
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Look man, I'm not saying CLINTON/GORE were in any way innocent in all this, but look who's controlled the the Congress for ten years now, and the Executive branch for over six...

It's no coincidence...

Yes, but it sure as hell took longer than 10 years for this to get to this point.

Nickdfresh
03-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
Some of you know that I had a major crash with my home computer this weekend. Well...

I had to format and reload a copy of Windows XP Pro. It was my brothers' copy. After loading it, it wouldn't activate because the key code didn't work. I was gonig to give up and just buy my own copy until my brother-in-law made a suggestion that I call the toll-free number for Micropenisoft and try to get a new code.

BTW, I just dumped AOhelL for the same reason. I had it for the McAfee "Security Suite." (Funny, but you never see McAfee mentioned outside the commercials!) They've been having "problems" with their McAFEE-based, but possibly castrated to suit AOL needs of fucking with your computer, security and I found another security program really cheap, and loaded it ---my system is already running much, much better...

Nickdfresh
03-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
Yes, but it sure as hell took longer than 10 years for this to get to this point.

There's no question. I think it goes back to the early 70's at least. But the way outsourcing is being abused now in the name of corporate greed ought to be illegal, or at least severally taxed! And the Repubs are much closer to the corporations...

Cathedral
03-20-2006, 04:09 PM

It's no coincidence...

And who was it that put the NAFTA deal through?
That's one thing i could bash Clintons face in for.
We got rid of Bush Sr. because he was a huge mistake, and then Clinton puts his damn Trade Deal through?

That shit made no fucking sense and pretty much made the 90's a nightmare for me and every other lower middle class family in america.

It's what makes me crazy when i see a liberal bashing a conservative for party line politics and vice versa.
We are our own fucking eneies as you stated earlier.

Cathedral
03-20-2006, 04:12 PM
There's no question. I think it goes back to the early 70's at least. But the way outsourcing is being abused now in the name of corporate greed ought to be illegal, or at least severally taxed! And the Repubs are much closer to the corporations...

Bullshit dude, that is total bullshit and i don't believe that you really believe that for a second.
The Corporations own this country no matter who's in office.
If they say jump, both damn sides are asking, How high?

The only differences are cosmetic at best.
What you see is only on the surface though.

Don Corleone
03-20-2006, 04:13 PM
This sort of things nothing new really. In Europe, this has been happening for years. Why? Cheap labour.

The problem is when anything breaks down and you call any helpline 9 times out of 10 you get put through to India, and end up trying to explain what is wrong with the kit you just bought to someone with questionable English (it's a pain I know well).

BigBadBrian
03-20-2006, 04:14 PM

It's no coincidence...

No....

But the DEMS rolled over and died WILLINGLY.

That's what has disheartened voters, this one included. :(

Nickdfresh
03-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
Bullshit dude, that is total bullshit and i don't believe that you really believe that for a second.
The Corporations own this country no matter who's in office.
If they say jump, both damn sides are asking, How high?

The only differences are cosmetic at best.
What you see is only on the surface though.

If corporations own the country, then what of the Unions? I thought they were the cause of all the troubles according to some here...

FORD
03-20-2006, 04:27 PM
Not the Democrats. The spineless DLC tutu wearing bastards. There is a difference.

Nickdfresh
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
And who was it that put the NAFTA deal through?
That's one thing i could bash Clintons face in for.
We got rid of Bush Sr. because he was a huge mistake, and then Clinton puts his damn Trade Deal through?

That shit made no fucking sense and pretty much made the 90's a nightmare for me and every other lower middle class family in america.

It's what makes me crazy when i see a liberal bashing a conservative for party line politics and vice versa.
We are our own fucking eneies as you stated earlier.

Which was why I stated he wasn't innocent, but in fact NAFTA goes back to the Reagan Administration in the initial rumblings around 87'. And the Congress was controlled by Republicans as well, and they would have pursued the CLINTON-Is-Anti-Business attack line. That being said, NAFTA was about North America, refresh my geography since INDIA and CHINA are a ways away. NAFTA also failed to deliver on the promise to lift-up Mexico and other Central/South American states and to reduce illegal immigration as well...

BigBadBrian
03-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Not the Democrats. The spineless DLC tutu wearing bastards. There is a difference.

Same thing.

Cathedral
03-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Which was why I stated he wasn't innocent, but in fact NAFTA goes back to the Reagan Administration in the initial rumblings around 87'. And the Congress was controlled by Republicans as well, and they would have pursued the CLINTON-Is-Anti-Business attack line. That being said, NAFTA was about North America, refresh my geography since INDIA and CHINA are a ways away. NAFTA also failed to deliver on the promise to lift-up Mexico and other Central/South American states and to reduce illegal immigration as well...

That's because it wasn't a "FAIR" deal to begin with and Reagan knew it. that's why in his 8 year term it was never put through.

Bush Sr., HE'S the tool that wanted it and was poised to impose it on us in his second term, the one that never came.

But at least you admit that Clinton took it upon himself to play politics and shit on the American worker.
When the company I worked for clsoed it's doors because of outsourcing and my ass was out of a job it didn't look to me like Clinton was Anti-Business, it looked to me that he wanted to take a shit on those who busted their ass in manufacturing to make a living and feed their family.

The shit that it caused was very real to me, bro, and i don't give a shit who's idea it was, it was a bad one that someone should have put a stop to. playing politics is no damned excuse.

If i had known about Jr. and the Cafta deal, that would have turned me away from voting for him in 2000 all by itself.