PDA

View Full Version : Eric Singer leaving KISS????

Vinnie Velvet
03-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Got this off of www.tommythayersucks.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------

According to a rumor at Metal Sludge, Eric is pissed off and has left KISS. They have recruited some guy named Denny Carmassi.

Here's the full rumor :

"Expect an announcement shortly - according to Bruce Kulick. Eric Singer is frustrated with KISS and has left the band. Denny Carmassi will be the new KISS drummer. Carmassi credits include Montrose, Sammy Hagar, Heart, Cinderella (Long Cold Winter) and Coverdale/Page.

Apparently Carmassi was recommended by Singer himself and KISS just were not in a position to do a world wide search for a new drummer. Since they are not recording a new album anytime soon, they just need someone to fill in for the selected shows that KISS will be doing in 2006/2007.

It is not known if Carmassi will be donning the Peter Criss makeup, but I suppose it looks likely. Kulick also mentions that Carmassi is the best of the best. Maybe too good for KISS."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuck, can this get any dumber?? gayer? dressing up Eric as Peter was as gay as ever -- getting another dude to do the same is just plain stupid.

Mr Badguy
03-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Isn`t Carmassi older than Kiss?

He played on "Montrose".

So much for Paul`s idea of getting younger guys to carry the band on after he and Gene are gone.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Paul must feel that he has a "nice dick"...

Mr. Vengeance
03-21-2006, 07:02 PM
You didn't think that KISS would be stopped by this did you?

I am the biggest KISS fan you can get, and I'm sick to death of the never ending farewell. I was able to accept Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, Mark St. John, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer, and any of the numerous session guys over the years, because the band was at least making new albums. But now it's clear that it's just Paul and Gene making money, sticking new guys in the old makeup and touring incessantly.

If these four (with Thayer and Carmasi) would make an album, I'd buy it. Hell, I'd go see the show. But I won't go see them anymore to see what is turning into novelty act.

fenway5150
03-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
You didn't think that KISS would be stopped by this did you?

I am the biggest KISS fan you can get, and I'm sick to death of the never ending farewell. I was able to accept Eric Carr, Vinnie Vincent, Mark St. John, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer, and any of the numerous session guys over the years, because the band was at least making new albums. But now it's clear that it's just Paul and Gene making money, sticking new guys in the old makeup and touring incessantly.

I'm with you on that. I'm a huge fan of Kiss and although the original lineup was THE lineup....it was fine to move on with other members because they were introduced as just that....now new guys come in and wear makeup worn by the original members. At least they had Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent where their own makeup. I don't really see them as Kiss anymore to be honest with you....it's kind of similar to a broadway play at this point.....actors portraying the real thing.

FORD
03-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Denny Carmassi?

Ex Montrose /Hagar drummer who then went to mid 80's cheese version of Heart and was last seen with the Lord of All Velveeta Himself, David Coverversion??

Geezus, it's time to climb in those Kiss Kaskets and throw some fucking dirt on 'em.

They are officially a bigger joke now than when they released "The Elder"

Terry
03-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Carmassi, from the bands I've heard him play with, is a decent drummer, but KISS should just stop.

Kinda seemed appropriate for Singer to step in after Criss left in 2000/2001 and put on the makeup (am sure the bottom line behind that was Criss wanted more money, which is something that irked me: how Gene and Paul were making more than Ace and Peter from the reunion. Hey, fuckers! If it weren't for those two, there wouldn't have BEEN a reunion), since Singer was kinda stiffed when KISS went the reunion route in 1995/1996. Also, KISS were in the middle of the tour when Peter left. And being a longtime fan of classic KISS, it was probably a dream of Singer's to be able to perform with the band in makeup.

Just lost respect for the band when Ace and Criss decided enough was enough, and Gene and the Queen got Thayer and Singer to stand in for them and wear their getups.

Funny how Gene and Paul always make references to Ace numbing himself with booze, yet Frehley was the one who seemed to realize that the neverending reunion tour was getting a bit sad by going on too long.

Singer did the right thing by packing it in. He was just aiding and abetting a rock and roll felony these last few years.

Bill Lumbergh
03-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Singer recently gave an interview where he sounded MORE than a little pissed off at G&P.......let me see if I can remember where I read that..........

Bill Lumbergh
03-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Singer recently gave an interview where he sounded MORE than a little pissed off at G&P.......let me see if I can remember where I read that..........

Vinnie Velvet
03-22-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh

I think I remember this interview -- very recent.

Vinnie Velvet
03-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Denny Carmassi?

Ex Montrose /Hagar drummer who then went to mid 80's cheese version of Heart and was last seen with the Lord of All Velveeta Himself, David Coverversion??

Geezus, it's time to climb in those Kiss Kaskets and throw some fucking dirt on 'em.

They are officially a bigger joke now than when they released "The Elder"

A much bigger joke, yes, I agree.

At least with the Elder, they were still a "real" band and not some touring circus act with replacement players.

Rikk
03-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Pathetic.

They should pack it in. The FAREWELL TOUR was 2000. It's 2006. They've never announced the end of that tour.

Remember Paul saying "You know, you hear bands like THE WHO say this is their farewell tour and you laugh and think, sure...you'll be playing again in a year. THIS TIME, this is really it because we want to go out on top." I remember actually respecting that (though kind of hoping that the original line-up would stay together and do a couple of real KISS albums).

Now, I have no respect at all. I love KISS (from 1974-2000), but they finished that year. The only people that don't realize it is Gene and Paul.

amadeus
03-22-2006, 11:06 AM
KISS "Doing It For The Money Tour" coming to a town near you ~ Summer 2006

FORD
03-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Rikk
Pathetic.

They should pack it in. The FAREWELL TOUR was 2000. It's 2006. They've never announced the end of that tour.

Remember Paul saying "You know, you hear bands like THE WHO say this is their farewell tour and you laugh and think, sure...you'll be playing again in a year. THIS TIME, this is really it because we want to go out on top." I remember actually respecting that (though kind of hoping that the original line-up would stay together and do a couple of real KISS albums).

Now, I have no respect at all. I love KISS (from 1974-2000), but they finished that year. The only people that don't realize it is Gene and Paul.

Technically, Paul didn't lie.

Only the 1996 tour featured the REAL Kiss.

Of course the fact that they continue to milk it with the roadie guitarist and revolving door drummers (in Ace & Peter's makeup, no less) is pathetic.

Why do Kiss fans put up with the makeup bait & switch anyway? Eric Carr had his own makeup. So did Vinnie Vincent. If Carmassi (or whoever plays the drums next month) goes out there in Eric Carr's makeup, it would be seen in really bad taste because Carr is dead. Or at least I hope so, but this is Kiss we're talking about. Bad taste isn't a barrier, is it?

Vinnie Velvet
03-22-2006, 11:55 AM

Of course the fact that they continue to milk it with the roadie guitarist and revolving door drummers (in Ace & Peter's makeup, no less) is pathetic.

Why do Kiss fans put up with the makeup bait & switch anyway? Eric Carr had his own makeup. So did Vinnie Vincent. If Carmassi (or whoever plays the drums next month) goes out there in Eric Carr's makeup, it would be seen in really bad taste because Carr is dead. Or at least I hope so, but this is Kiss we're talking about. Bad taste isn't a barrier, is it?

No, not with Gene and Paul.

The 1998-99 and the 2000 tours also featured the REAL Kiss (Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter).

Eric was brought in for the remaining Aussie and Japan dates of the Farewell tour in 2001.

He stayed there until Peter rejoined for the Symphony and tour with Aerosmith in '03 (at which time Ace was gone and replaced by Tommy Thayer).

Then Peter was booted out and Eric brought back in for the sad 2004 rock the nation tour.

I can tolerate these dudes in KISS, they are good players. But why dress up as Pete and Ace??? We all know its about money. Funny how most of the merchandise is sold with Ace and Peter's likeness on shirts, etc.

bueno bob
03-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I love Kiss, circa...I don't know...the LPs "Kiss" to "Creatures of the Night", I guess...sporadically thereafter, when they've done something worth paying attention to...

Is it really still paying the bills for them, though? I mean, short of the absolute DIEHARDS, I can't think new projects pull them in that much revenue...it's got to be all in touring and merchandising at this point...

I'd like to see that Eric Singer interview, myself.

Vinnie Velvet
03-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Is it really still paying the bills for them, though? I mean, short of the absolute DIEHARDS, I can't think new projects pull them in that much revenue...it's got to be all in touring and merchandising at this point...

Can't say much about Paul, but Gene has always got his side projects on the go (even if some aren't successful -- wtf happened to his magazine Tounge?).

He did the Rock School thing which was successful and has that cartoon, My Dad the Rock Star, which is still running.

But that alone isn't bringing in the big bucks that Gene is used to getting while being in KISS, at least in the post-Reunion era.

How much does KISS merchandise sell nowadays anyway?? Are teens into KISS now?

I don't know.

Bill Lumbergh
03-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Apparently, this was just a rumor.........

Vinnie Velvet
03-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
Apparently, this was just a rumor.........

Or so they say.

Apparently, there were Japan dates posted on kissonline, but since have been removed.

I still think Eric wants out.

Va Beach VH Fan
03-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
No, not with Gene and Paul.

The 1998-99 and the 2000 tours also featured the REAL Kiss (Paul, Gene, Ace and Peter).

True, I saw the original lineup in '00 here...

Mr. Vengeance
03-25-2006, 06:41 PM
See...because they want more money, I've heard the P&G spin that this is a "new" band, with Thayer and Singer (and now Carmassi), so technically they "retired" the iold KISS and now there's a new KISS..but I think even diehards like I aren't buying that one until they make some new music at the very least.

Terry
03-25-2006, 10:00 PM
See...because they want more money, I've heard the P&G spin that this is a "new" band, with Thayer and Singer (and now Carmassi), so technically they "retired" the iold KISS and now there's a new KISS..but I think even diehards like I aren't buying that one until they make some new music at the very least.

Yeah, a 'new' band, playing the same old stuff...

Gotta be honest here: even if Criss and Frehley were still there, the whole KISS thing is just tired, and there's nothing exciting about the makeup and stage show anymore. Been there, seen that again and again and again...

About the only interest I'd have is if the classic four did smaller theaters and arenas, maybe without the makeup and all the effects even...KISS tries so hard to be over-the-top, yet it's all boring now just the same

How much fucking money do these guys need, anyway? They must have some pretty lavish lifestyles that need a money fix...

Didn't Gene and Paul read and learn anything from Kiss and Sell?

PumpedUpMidget
03-25-2006, 10:02 PM
KISS was over when Criss, and especially Frehley, left.

Mr. Vengeance
03-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Terry
Yeah, a 'new' band, playing the same old stuff...

Gotta be honest here: even if Criss and Frehley were still there, the whole KISS thing is just tired, and there's nothing exciting about the makeup and stage show anymore. Been there, seen that again and again and again...

About the only interest I'd have is if the classic four did smaller theaters and arenas, maybe without the makeup and all the effects even...KISS tries so hard to be over-the-top, yet it's all boring now just the same

How much fucking money do these guys need, anyway? They must have some pretty lavish lifestyles that need a money fix...

Didn't Gene and Paul read and learn anything from Kiss and Sell?

It's awfully frustrating as such a big, lifelong KISS fan, to see the band just continue to whore along, with the only pusuit being money. For a long time, it was at least possible for me to say that they still were putting out new music. Even Psycho Circus provided enjoyment for the big fan like I. But now it's just Greatest Hits package after greatest hits package, after live album, after live DVD, with new people masquerading as Peter and Ace.....followed by Gene on reality shows (not a bad one though)...

It's time for them to make a decision- either alienate a huge majority of the die-hards and just admit that from now on it's no new material and they are just touring for money. Maybe take a permanent gig in Vegas, if that's the case. Or, take the new guys, actually sit down and write songs with them as a band, and then release some new KISS material and hey, if the fans hate it, they hate it. But maybe you strike gold and the thing sells and you have a slight rebirth.

Unfortunately I fear the former is the direction that they'll stick with.

The_KiD
03-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Gene is all about the money and Paul has made enough tojust put up with whatever Gene decides. I mean, you have to give credit to Gene for his vision and keeping Kiss alive but come on.. Have some respect for the original line up and the majority of the band's success.

What is funny though is that when they each released their Solo Albums, Ace's album outsold Gene's and Paul's. To this day, this is upsetting to Gene. Without Ace and Peter, it is just not Kiss but a Tribute band...

This coming from a guy who grew up with KISS posters on my walls..

KiD

Terry
03-26-2006, 11:58 AM
It's awfully frustrating as such a big, lifelong KISS fan, to see the band just continue to whore along, with the only pusuit being money. For a long time, it was at least possible for me to say that they still were putting out new music. Even Psycho Circus provided enjoyment for the big fan like I. But now it's just Greatest Hits package after greatest hits package, after live album, after live DVD, with new people masquerading as Peter and Ace.....followed by Gene on reality shows (not a bad one though)...

It's time for them to make a decision- either alienate a huge majority of the die-hards and just admit that from now on it's no new material and they are just touring for money. Maybe take a permanent gig in Vegas, if that's the case. Or, take the new guys, actually sit down and write songs with them as a band, and then release some new KISS material and hey, if the fans hate it, they hate it. But maybe you strike gold and the thing sells and you have a slight rebirth.

Unfortunately I fear the former is the direction that they'll stick with.

I'm not a die-hard fan, but I'd say I verge on being hardcore...can't even say I'm really hardcore, because a large chunk of KISSs' career (1983-1990, 2000 - present) I have no use for...

...but I find it hard to understand how even a die-hard, hardcore fan could really get into what is going on under the KISS name now, and has been for the last 5 or so years...

People still show up at their concerts, but is it more like going to see a movie or just a night out for most that go now? I mean, are there really masses of people on KISS websites who are thrilled that Gene and Paul are trotting around with two pther people besides Ace and Pete in the makeup and costumes, playing 'Shout It Out Loud' for the 80-billionth time in the last decade?

How exciting can that shit be?

Just seems worn into the ground, but whatever.

Mr. Vengeance
03-26-2006, 01:22 PM
According to KISS Asylum, Eric is not leaving KISS, but at the same time, it's still the same.

Nickdfresh
03-27-2006, 12:09 PM

I was wondering when someone would mention the possibility of this scab donning "The Foxman" makeup?

God, that would even be more awful than this already is...

Terry
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I was wondering when someone would mention the possibility of this scab donning "The Foxman" makeup?

God, that would even be more awful than this already is...

Of course Gene and Paul would say it's just a tribute to Carr, and that true fans of the band appreciate it, or some such nonsense...

Kinda moot, since Gene and Paul look at the people who come to see them now as customers more than anything else...

Va Beach VH Fan
03-27-2006, 05:38 PM
So did Vinnie Vincent.

Oh, Vinnie's makeup was horrible....

The unfortunate thing about Vinnie was that he's a helluva guitarist, more than likely TOO good for Gene/Paul's expectations....

I mean, come on, I love Ace as much as the next KISS fan, but he's not what any rock fan would realistically call a virtuoso...

And that sure as hell goes for Peter as well.... In fact, Eric Carr was a very good drummer, but unfortunately cancer too it's toll on him...

Mr. Vengeance
03-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

The unfortunate thing about Vinnie was that he's a helluva guitarist, more than likely TOO good for Gene/Paul's expectations....

I mean, come on, I love Ace as much as the next KISS fan, but he's not what any rock fan would realistically call a virtuoso...

And that sure as hell goes for Peter as well.... In fact, Eric Carr was a very good drummer, but unfortunately cancer too it's toll on him...

Well, almost no one saw his Egyptian Pharoah makeup, so it didn't matter. He was a good guitarist but he also had a horrid attitude and thought he was going to be bigger than KISS, so he left. Turns out he was wrong about being the next guitar god....

Terry
03-27-2006, 09:28 PM

On a technical level, Vinnie Vincent and Eric Carr were far more capable than Frehley and Criss were, IMO.

But it's not what you are able to play so much as what you DO play that counts.

Vinnie was a good guitar player, but WAY overrated in the early 1980s when the buzz was he was gonna be the next guitar hero du jour.

Nothing I've ever heard that guy play indicated he was ever that good.

Both Vincent and Carr did some great work on Creatures, but both were way underused on Lick It Up.

In fact, Carr was little more than a metronome on KISS albums subsequent Creatures...the guy kicked ass live, though.

Nickdfresh
03-28-2006, 08:55 AM

Yeah well, there have been some "studio magic" accusations thrown his way. He's a decent player, but he's gone nowhere after his KISS stint. So...

Nickdfresh
03-28-2006, 08:57 AM
BTW, this thread is it! KISS has lost all integrity as well as legitimacy with me!:mad:

Va Beach VH Fan
03-28-2006, 08:58 PM
OK, let me rephrase...

What I meant was that I've seen numerous interviews, especially from Gene, that he said that he would much rather have a guitarist who played a steady rhythm than one who would attempt to play something as fast as possible...

I really think they made a concerted effort to NOT have a virtuoso-type of lead guitarist...

WACF
03-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Yeah well, there have been some "studio magic" accusations thrown his way. He's a decent player, but he's gone nowhere after his KISS stint. So...

Heard on Eddie Trunk that Vinnie would start to shred at the end of a song and Paul have to yell at him to stop.

This is a good thead.

Vinnie Velvet
03-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by WACF
Heard on Eddie Trunk that Vinnie would start to shred at the end of a song and Paul have to yell at him to stop.

I believe that.

Terry
03-29-2006, 08:20 PM
The rumor I heard is that Vincent would have the tapes slowed down while recording so that his solos would sound faster on playback.

Dunno why he would bother to do that, because it would become apparent when he played live if he could hack it or not.

KISS songs don't really lend themselves to shredding, anyway. You want punchy, memorable leads in those tunes. Apparently Gene and Paul used to complain about that to Bruce Kulick on the first couple of albums he did with him, in that he was just wanking when it came solo time.

Diver Down NJ
04-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Gene says he doesn't want a shredder only because they are out of style. Trust me, if for some insane reason the "guitar god" became popular again, Gene would be back on that bandwagon.

If Gene really wanted a guy with more balls than technique, we never would've gotten Mark St. John, Vinnie Vincent or Bruce Kulick.

HRSEPLAY71
05-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I still dont mind throwing down the cash to see them,if music wasnt so shitty right now,maybe people would stop going....It dont bother me a bit to see scabs,they are much better players than Ace and Peter are right now,anyone see the "first" farewell tour,not pretty at all.It is cheesy to put these guys in makeup though,there is no need for it any longer,hell I'm not sure there is a need for KISS,they need to make new music or call it a day,the legacy cannot grow!!!