PDA

View Full Version : Brad Delp of BOSTON mentions DLR

bru87tr
03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
check it out, its just a little blurb but delp says he can walk downt he street unlike DLR and not be noticed.

interesting interview how alot of major labels said no to Boston. pretty neat.

I gota say.... alot of cool bands came out of my Home State!!!! Boston being one of the huge ones. I seen them 2 times at their height of the Boston Career. they were so excellent too!!!!!

the interview is under the video section. lots of cool demos in the audio section too.

rock on Boston!!!!!

Boston (http://www.thirdstage.ca/boston/html/main.htm)

FORD
03-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Considering Boston never released a video, this is hardly a surprise. If you haven't seen them live, you probably don't have a clue what they look like.

As for labels turning them down, would YOU sign a band that averages ONE album every 8 years?

Boston ceased to be Boston after Third Stage Anyway. Hell, that last album "Corporate America" only had 3 songs on it that sounded like Boston at all.

bru87tr
03-21-2006, 08:29 PM
well fans would. I have seen them twice.

thing is when they were turned down labels didnt know that in the future that they would average an album over so many years.

besides I am sure the guys at labels who did turn Boston down didnt work there much long after. their first album has sold 16mil and RIAA has not updated scan for a long long time on the others. they should by now have well over 50mil in sales....thats on 3 albums!!!!!

I would say there were alot of firings in the industry over that mistake....lol

even so that they made few albums. not much releases or money spent on advertising,,,etc and they still have over 50mil in sales on 3 albums. whos snuffing that ? :)

Third stage was great... I think so anyway. besides it wasnt even boston by then anyway. only delp and sholtz were the remaning originals in the band at that time.

didnt even by corporate. but borrowed it when it came out and passed on it. sholtz should be digging out old tracks and using those and dumping the cjick in the band. go dknows guys at that age cant write anymore for the charts anyway. nothing to write about at that age interesting. :)

Originally posted by FORD
Considering Boston never released a video, this is hardly a surprise. If you haven't seen them live, you probably don't have a clue what they look like.

As for labels turning them down, would YOU sign a band that averages ONE album every 8 years?

Boston ceased to be Boston after Third Stage Anyway. Hell, that last album "Corporate America" only had 3 songs on it that sounded like Boston at all.

FORD
03-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Looking at that website, I ddin't realize that "RTZ" made so many albums. Too bad Scholz and Goodreau can't get over themselves so Delp doesn't have to divide his loyalties and have the Boston albums suffer for it.

I saw them live on the Third Stage tour in 87, but I'm not remotely interested in seeing a show with someone else singing half the songs.

bru87tr
03-21-2006, 09:18 PM
I agree!

I seen them twice on the third stage tour. I even got a signed paper ashtray by brad delp. I was suppose to meet him backstage with my cuz but it didnt work out, he knew someone. but my cuz got a huge boston 3rd stage poster signed by the band at the backstage party and got me a foil/paper ashtray signed by delp. it says "Hey Ralph" " Brad Delp 87' " very cool. I have it framed with my ticket and a 3rd stage album cover art.

they have some chick I guess whos singing half the songs on the new supposed cd. it was rumored she might take over all together but delp said not true.

sholtz has made a mess of that band. let the old guys take it over and bring it back to date. god.... RTZ was Boston anyway and when I first heard "Face The Music" on the radio I thought it was Boston. great album.

its funny...on that website they have a dl of the amanda song froma radio the day it was leaked and then forced not to platy it. 2 years before it was released. I remeber being at my job and WBCN here in boston did just that and then said later they couldnt play it again per lawyers.

hard to believe such a once great band only has 3 albums. in my eyes it was only 3.

Terry
03-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Sick as I am of it, Boston's debut album is a classic, and one of the few albums where every track on it could have been a single...

Think I am one of the few that preferred Third Stage to Don't Look Back, for my own odd reasons...

But Boston weren't exactly video friendly; the two I've got, "More Than A Feeling" and "Don't Look Back", well, Delp looks like he needs a bath. Seriously. You can practically smell that dirty, filthy hippie through the screen when you watch it.

That band has been over for me for so long now...

...I wouldn't bother to see 'em live unless Delp was singing. In fact, I could stomach it even if Sholtz wasn't there playing (great producer, brilliant songwriter, solid player, but has the live charisma of a wet sack of shit...minus the sack), but Delp IS the voice of Boston.

bru87tr
03-21-2006, 10:29 PM
hey delp did it with RTZ with no problems without sholtz.

third stage is much different than DLB and Boston. the first two are rock albums. third stage was a journey. it had that feel to it and I will admit I pull out third stage before I pull out the other 2. prob because the others are so over played. 3rd stage is as good as the others from beginning to end!

ya the hippie thing in those videos are as bad as you can get.

as bad as the US version CD of Third Stage sounds it still has a great tone to it, well I could imagine it could. I hear the japaneese CD was mastered much differently. too much high end on third stage. no low end. that disc needs to be remastered coreectly in the worst way!!!!!

Terry
03-21-2006, 10:47 PM
I mean, I can't say as I quite understood how it took so damn long for Third Stage to come out (although I seem to remember something about contractual disputes, but still, eight years?!), but it sounded just fine to me...then again, I can never quite figure out why it takes so damn long for some artists to put out material (Guns and Roses, Def Leppard, etc.), unless it's a problem with having good songs. If the tunes are there, you go in and knock them out. Shit, CVH cranked out an album a year when they were together. Look at Presence; Plant was fucked up from a car accident, the whole album was new material (no leftovers from other albums a la Physical G), recorded in about 3 fucking WEEKS!

bru87tr
03-21-2006, 11:36 PM
ya they dont do it like the old days anymore. actually they do today.... its called disposable music where teens have song written for them. record in a week and on MTV the next week. a joke the music industry is today. I never thought years ago rock would be dead, new rock anyway. its lame! but rock is the biggest seller over rap these days by far. only due to the fact that classic albums by Boston, VH...etc still sell 1 mil every 2 years or less.

yes, third stage couldnt be released due to record co dispute and court. I foget exactly but boston left epic to MCA and epic sued. something like that. wasnt till 2 years after the radio leak of amanda that it came out. I remember that for sure. I remember amanda being leaked here in boston then pulled right away.

VH ruled in the studio! dave was all about getting work done fast in the studio to get back out on the road. thats his home.

dumb fucking vh brothers.

FORD
03-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Amanda was leaked early to KISW in Seattle as well. They also had another song leaked that supposedly Boston, but Delp wasn't singing, and the guitar sound didn't sound like the Scholz trademark. And that's about all I could remember about that song. Nothing on the Boston website seems to match the description either, so I guess that song was lost forever. Or was never really Boston in the first place.

Hardrock69
03-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I saw them (and taped them) twice on their Don't Look Back Tour.

They created a pretty fair representation of their studio stuff, and the second time I saw them they played a song that never made it onto any record callled "Television Politician".

I never listen to them.
Despite their hugeness in the late 70s, they were always to light for my taste.

I consider them to be a pop band.

I don't really give a hoot what they do these days.

Their bassist (fine hot tall babe who is Tom's girflriend) is from Gnashville.

bru87tr
03-22-2006, 12:32 AM
well pop rock band would be the better description. pop band is harsh.

although I consider them good ol' classic rock.

some people say CVH was too.

file it as classic rock! :)