PDA

View Full Version : U.S.,Iraqi Forces Capture 50 Insurgents

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
By VANESSA ARRINGTON, Associated Press Writer
36 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. and Iraqi forces trapped dozens of insurgents Wednesday during a two-hour gunbattle at a police station south of Baghdad, a day after 100 masked gunmen stormed a jail near the Iranian border and freed more than 30 prisoners, most of them fellow insurgents.

Sixty gunmen, firing rocket-propelled grenades and automatic rifles, attacked the Madain police station before dawn, police Lt. Col. Falah al-Mohammadawi said. U.S. troops and a special Iraqi police unit responded, capturing 50 of the insurgents, including a Syrian, al-Mohammadawi said.

Four policemen, including one commander, were killed and five were wounded, he said. None of the attackers was killed.

Madain, about 14 miles southeast of Baghdad, is at the northern tip of Iraq's Sunni-dominated "Triangle of Death," a region rife with sectarian violence — retaliatory kidnappings and killings in the ongoing conflict between Sunnis and Shiites.

In a highly publicized episode last April, there were reports that Sunni militants had seized 100 Shiites and threatened to kill them unless all Shiites left the Madain area. Iraqi security forces swept into the region and found no hostages.

In the capital, roadside bombs that targeted police patrols wounded at least six policemen, including four who work as guards at the Education Ministry, police said. Gunmen in western Baghdad attacked a truck carrying Shiite Muslim pilgrims returning from a religious commemoration in the city of Karbala, killing one, police said. Ten were wounded.

Also early Wednesday, gunmen killed three civilians transporting bricks on a country road outside the city of Baqouba northeast of Baghdad, police said. A roadside bomb then exploded when a police patrol went to the site, wounding one officer, police said.

The body of a man wearing an Iraqi military uniform was delivered to a morgue in the southern city of Kut, a morgue official said. The man had been killed outside Madain, he said.

In the Tuesday attack in Muqdadiyah, about 100 gunmen cut phone wires and fired rocket-propelled grenades in a daring operation that freed 18 fellow insurgents who had been captured in police raids just two days earlier.

Police said 15 other captives were sprung in the assault on the Muqdadiyah lockup. Twenty Iraqi security men and at least 10 insurgents were killed in the attack.

In an Internet posting Tuesday night, the military wing of the Mujaheddin Shura Council, a militant Sunni Muslim insurgent group, purportedly claimed to have carried out the operation. The posting said the group killed "40 policemen, liberated 33 prisoners and captured weapons." The claim was posted on the Iraqi News Web site and could not be independently verified.

With the telephone lines cut, the insurgents had 90 minutes to battle their way into the law enforcement compound before police reinforcements showed up from the nearby villages of Wajihiyah and Abu Saida, police said.

Muqdadiyah, on the eastern fringe of the Sunni Triangle north of Baghdad, is about 25 miles from the Iranian border.

By the time the insurgents fled, taking away the bodies of many of their dead compatriots, nearly two dozen cars were shot up and set on fire and the jail was a charred mass of twisted bunk bed frames and smoldering mattresses.

U.S. helicopters were in the air above the jail after the insurgents had fled. Police said there was firing into the air by residents, but it was not clear if the American aircraft were the targets. None was hit.

The insurgents whose incarceration apparently prompted the assault were detained Sunday during raids by security forces in the nearby villages of Sansal and Arab, police said.

Both U.S. and Iraqi military officials had said last year that the area was no longer an insurgent stronghold, but Tuesday's attack showed the militants still could assemble a large force, capable of operating in the region virtually at will.

The insurgency's strength, spiraling sectarian violence and the continuing stalemate over forming a government in Iraq have led politicians and foreign policy experts to say Iraq was on the brink or perhaps in the midst of civil war.

With an increasing number of Americans calling for a pullout of U.S. forces regardless of the consequences for Iraq, a powerful group of U.S. senators met with interim Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari on Tuesday to discuss prospects for formation of a national unity government.

The Bush administration views that step as all-important in establishing peace and opening the way for the start of a U.S. troop withdrawal as early as this summer.

Al-Jaafari said he believed Iraq's most difficult political hurdles had been crossed and predicted a new government would be ready in the coming weeks.

"I hope that the formation of the new government does not last beyond April," al-Jaafari said after the meeting.

Sen. Carl Levin (news, bio, voting record) of Michigan, ranking Democrat on the Senate Armed Services Committee, said: "April is fine, but it is necessary that this commitment be kept in order for there to be continued support for the presence of American troops in Iraq."

The committee chairman, Sen. John Warner (news, bio, voting record), a Virginia Republican, said decisions on the U.S. troop presence would be made not only by Bush, Congress and other leaders, but also by the American people — a seeming allusion to declining U.S. popular support for the Iraq war.

Most mainstream Iraqi politicians do not want the United States to withdraw troops until the insurgency is defeated, although some more radical leaders, like firebrand Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, demand an immediate pullout.

In other violence Tuesday, a U.S. soldier with the 4th Infantry Division was killed by small-arms fire while patrolling the streets of western Baghdad, the military reported. At least 2,315 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the Iraq war in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Damn! I wish I could merge threads...:(

Hardrock69
03-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Most mainstream Iraqi politicians do not want the United States to withdraw troops until the insurgency is defeated, although some more radical leaders, like firebrand Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, demand an immediate pullout.

The insurgency will NEVER be defeated.
To even think that is an act of retarded stoopid-ity.
:rolleyes:

They have only been murdering each other over there for 5,000 years or more.

No way they are going to stop their favorite pastime.

We have been there long enough to remove Saddamite and his fucktard klowns.

Once Saddamite has his neck stretched or his brains blown out by guns or cut off by swords, we will have no valid reason for being there.

Removing him was the only somewhat valid excuse Chimpy had for going over there to begin with.

Let the Iraqis find there own way.

We have more pressing problems at home.

Hardrock69
03-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Ugh...dupe post.

This fucking board sometimes quits uploading my posts.

Then when I try to upload again, I find it actually did, but just did not automatically refresh the page after the fact.

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Just outta curiosity......

How does one KNOW who is an "insurgent", and who is a freedom loving Iraqi?

Wrong place, wrong time, and poof

It's off to Gitmo.

No trial
No due process

Freedom's on the March

diamondD
03-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Just out of curiousity, do you just hate to hear anything positive coming out of Iraq?

Warham
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
All liberals hate to hear anything positive, period. Not just out of Iraq, but out of their own country.

FORD
03-22-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Warham
All liberals hate to hear anything positive, period. Not just out of Iraq, but out of their own country.

Let me know when something positive happens, because it's been about 5 1/2 years since I can remember any.......

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 03:03 PM

You do know when you make blanket generalizations like this it just perpetuates the rep you have in here, right?

You're wrong.

But it doesn't matter, because you'd never admit it anyway.

never.

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
Just out of curiousity, do you just hate to hear anything positive coming out of Iraq?

No.

But since Rummy's "propoganda machine" was uncovered earlier, I don't take on face value any "good news"

And how sad that this is considered "positive" news at this point.

My how we've lowered the bar:rolleyes:

Warham
03-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Well, of course it isn't positive news to you. You don't want us to do well over there. Let's be honest, shall we?

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 03:49 PM
Well, of course it isn't positive news to you. You don't want us to do well over there. Let's be honest, shall we?

Bullshit.

One, I didnt want us over there to begin with

Two, If we went, I wanted it done right, which it wasnt

Three, we are serving no purpose there now 3 years later

Other than "shock and awe", what have we "done well" over there???

Finding wmds?

Torture?

Rebuilding infrastructure?

Winning the hearts and minds?

Losing BILLIONS in contractor CASH

Tell me smartass.... What have we done well?

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Let's be honest, shall we?

Okay.

You first :rolleyes:

Warham
03-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Liberals think that since most of the troops over there are torturers and murderers and terrorists, it's OK to berate them.

"And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs."

"If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime - Pol Pot or others - that had no concern for human beings."

BigBadBrian
03-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Liberals think that since most of the troops over there are torturers and murderers and terrorists, it's OK to berate them.

Exactly.

They don't hesitate to post US Military Investigating Iraqi Civilian Killings (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34713), threads with photos of Abu Gharaib every chance they get, all in an effort to paint ALL US TROOPS with a broad brush as killers and rapists.

:mad:

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Exactly.

They don't hesitate to post US Military Investigating Iraqi Civilian Killings (http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34713), threads with photos of Abu Gharaib every chance they get, all in an effort to paint ALL US TROOPS with a broad brush as killers and rapists.

:mad:

Bullshit.

Please post one single link where any of us have painted ALL US TROOPS as anything.

It's the RIGHT that paints with the broad brush :rolleyes:

And frankly, I don't blame the individual troops for anything

The blame as far as I'm concerned falls squarely on RUMMY'S bloody hands.

Warham
03-22-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm very disappointed with these liberals and so-called 'patriots'.

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm very disappointed with these liberals and so-called 'patriots'.

:lol:

Stop, you're killing me today.

BigBadBrian
03-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Bullshit.

Please post one single link where any of us have painted ALL US TROOPS as anything.

It's the RIGHT that paints with the broad brush :rolleyes:

And frankly, I don't blame the individual troops for anything

The blame as far as I'm concerned falls squarely on RUMMY'S bloody hands.

True enough.

But where have you posted a SINGLE article of anything they've done right over there?

Hmmm?

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Warham, they think everything is exectly what they see on TV.
There is no point in even arguing because they have already admitted in this thread that there is nothing good happening in Iraq.

The fact that a larger percentage of Iraqi's went to the polls than in our own damned country says nothing to them.
And they risked death to do it at that.

The fact that the drinking water is cleaner than it has ever been says nothing to them.

The fact that women can vote and voice an opinion as a FREE citizen says nothing to them.

The fact that our troops have rebuilt many of the schools says nothing to them.

Just the fact that they are FREE to do as they choose says nothing to them.

The only thing that speaks to them is anything they can use to slam Bush and continue to cry "Chimpeachment".
They don't believe they have a human right to be FREE while they take their own freedom for granted.

They will never believe anything that isn't politically advantageous to them, and they don't have a care in the world about who their negetivity hurts in the process.

They ignore anything positive a soldier says about it.
Yet they support the troops, which may be true, between posting articles that cut them down...and it's all about politics and "Chimpeachment" to begin with.

It's like holding a piece of raw meat out of reach of a starving wolf. you can do whatever you want to do around it but it never stops thinking of the raw meat.
Their hatred for Bush and their hunger for Impeachment is their raw meat....and it's out of their reach.

So don't waste your time trying to use logic or facts with them....they are only focused on that raw meat (Chimpeachment).

It's sad, but that is what pure hatred breeds.

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 05:31 PM
True enough.

But where have you posted a SINGLE article of anything they've done right over there?

Hmmm?

I haven't.

And I guess that's my personal bias rearing it's ugly head.

I hate the fact we went in there. We had that piece of shit in a box, and he posed no threat to us. We are however facing some serious threats elsewhere, but now we're stretched so thin it's not even funny.

And not to mention the BILLIONS WASTED on this.

And I'm sick over the thought of good people dying over this. Men and women who joined up for good reasons.

You're right, Bri. I would probably NOT start a positive thread about Iraq, other than us leaving.

I hate what this administration has done in my name.

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 05:37 PM
And your speech has WHAT to do with 9/11, the war on terror, or WMDs Cathedra.???????

If you recall, THAT's why we went in there 3 years ago.

The smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud. remember?

Don't give me this BULLSHIT about giving Iraqis free elections and electricity more than an hour a day.

You guys just keep moving the goalposts closer and closer until you can justify this invasion and occupation.

And it doesn't make any sense for US to try and "reason" with you guys either, so dont try and take the high road there, bro.

You're just as "politically motivated" in this as any of us.

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 07:47 PM
And your speech has WHAT to do with 9/11, the war on terror, or WMDs Cathedra.???????

If you recall, THAT's why we went in there 3 years ago.

The smoking gun in the form of a mushroom cloud. remember?

Don't give me this BULLSHIT about giving Iraqis free elections and electricity more than an hour a day.

You guys just keep moving the goalposts closer and closer until you can justify this invasion and occupation.

And it doesn't make any sense for US to try and "reason" with you guys either, so dont try and take the high road there, bro.

You're just as "politically motivated" in this as any of us.

I ain't moving shit, holme's.
You all spout that nothing good is going on over there and there is.
I'm responding to that claim.

You don't know shit if you think I have any political motivations.
I'm also not trying to justify a damn thing.
The troops are there, the job needs finished, and they are going to finish it whether your ass likes it or not.
Kick and scream till the cows come home, it doesn't matter to me or anyone else that doesn't have a boner for Chimpy.

That's my only fucking point.
You keep listening to suits and I'll keep listening to those who have been there.
You know how i feel about Bush, this isn't a defense of him and as usual that's how your painting it, so fuck it.

I am just sick and tired of fellow americans posting nothing but negetive bullshit. a lot of it is true, yes, but it isn't the whole damn story and you fucking know it, bro.
I want to see some damned optomism from you guys instead of pessimistic crap you all foam at the mouth with 24/7.

Bottom line, if you love your fucking country then act like it.
And before you say it i'm not saying ignore a damn thing, I'm saying take more action than bitching and crying about everything and posting articles that paint our soldiers as the worlds enemy.

Jeeze, you are the most depressing people on the fucking planet.
It all started in 2000 and has been non fucking stop since.

I don't know about you, but I have faith in our troops, and I know that they were sent to do a job most of them would rather not be doing.
The last thing they need is you helping to spread the propaganda the enemy uses our media against us to do...and you help them by crasping at it out of your hatred for Bush.
They never attack areas where the media isn't based, dod you ever wonder why that is? DUH!

The logic is twisted and quite frankly, our troops deserve better from you. I'd be happy if you all at least once posted something that praises them for the hell they are in trying to make a difference.

Ah fuck it, you don't give a shit what i'm trying to say to you...that raw meat has you in a trance.

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral

You keep listening to suits and I'll keep listening to those who have been there.

WELL, THERE YOU GO AGAIN......IT'S NOT JUST "SUITS" TELLING US WHAT'S GONE WRONG, MANY UNIFORMS HAVE SAID THE SAME GOD DAMN THING, BRO.....AND THOSE UNIFORMS HAVE HAD MANY STARS AND CLUSTERS ON THEM........SO SUPPORT THAT.

negetive bullshit. a lot of it is true, yes, but it isn't the whole damn story and you fucking know it, bro.

NEVER SAID IT WAS

I want to see some damned optomism from you guys instead of pessimistic crap you all foam at the mouth with 24/7.

THEN GET RID OF RUMMY, SET A FUCKING TIMETABLE, TELL US WHAT CONSTITUTES A "VICTORY" [ CUZ I STILL DONT GET IT]

Bottom line, if you love your fucking country then act like it.

SPEAKING OUT IN OPPOSITION TO POWER ISNT SHOWING LOVE AND PATRIOTISM TO OUR COUNTRY?????????? DUDE, YOU NEED TO GO BACK AND REMEMBER WHAT FREEDOMS THIS COUNTRY WAS FOUNDED UPON

Jeeze, you are the most depressing people on the fucking planet.
It all started in 2000 and has been non fucking stop since.

THAT'LL TEACH YOU TO LET YOUR PARTY BE RUN BY PSEUDO-CONSERVATIVES WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYONE BUT THEMSELVES, YOU SAID SO YOURSELF YOU HAVE LOST FAITH AND RESPECT IN YOUR PARTY SINCE 2000

I don't know about you, but I have faith in our troops, and I know that they were sent to do a job most of them would rather not be doing.

IT'S THEIR LEADERSHIP WE'RE QUESTIONING, NOT THEM.....HOW HARD IS THAT FOR YOU TO GRASP??????????????????????????

The logic is twisted and quite frankly, our troops deserve better from you.

THEY ALSO DESERVE BETTER FROM THEIR LEADERS, RIGHT??????

Ah fuck it, you don't give a shit what i'm trying to say to you...that raw meat has you in a trance.

WHATEVER. THINK WHAT YOU WANT, CALL ME ALL THE NAMES YOU WANT........I KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE,

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 08:49 PM
:lol:

Stop, you're killing me today.
This is typical of these types. They become mods f4or a day and then they think their job is t2o dictate what you should be writing and what you should be reading.

Not so in the normal peeps world.

Their only jobs here are t2o delete porn, lock dupe threads, and the like.

I've already read Cathedral say in this thread "I want to see ... optimism from you guys..." Hey, who the fuck are you?!

And another Cath' grate quote starting with "If you love your country ... then show it" crap.

Listen t2o this, mein Fuhrer Cathedral.

"To announce that there should be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But is is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."
Theodore Roosevelt

You two new mods aren't our parents or big brother so print that quote and wipe your unpatriotic, servile smelly butts with Teddy's words.

It's peeps like YOU who don't LOVE the COUNTRY, because you don't know what LOVE the COUNTRY means...like patriotic and free ol' Ted did.

See you in hell.

:spank:
PS I wonder what the British think when they read these quotes from Americans like Teddy and Jefferson, and all of them that we post here. They're not taught about these men in their schools the way we are, and yet while we are taught American history in our schools the American point-of-view seems t2o totally bypass native borns like Warham and Cathedral. I have sympathy f4or you t2wo. You are t2o be pittied. Just mod the board, okay.

TED

BigBadBrian
03-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker

"To announce that there should be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But is is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."
Theodore Roosevelt

You weren't saying that 8 years ago. Hell, I'd place money on that wager.

:gulp:

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 09:02 PM
You weren't saying that 8 years ago. Hell, I'd place money on that wager.

:gulp:
Yoo clickyed da wrong post again, dude.

Join MADP.

Members Agains Drunk Posters.;)

:bottle: :gulp: :guzzle:

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 09:28 PM
This is typical of these types. They become mods f4or a day and then they think their job is t2o dictate what you should be writing and what you should be reading.

I've already read Cathedral say in this thread "I want to see ... optimism from you guys..." Hey, who the fuck are you?!

And another Cath' grate quote starting with "If you love your country ... then show it" crap.

mein Fuhrer Cathedral.

"

Fucking nailed it. :cool:

Want to see optomism from me? No prob. I'm optomistic the pResident you guys voted for will go down as the worst in 240 years.

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Fucking nailed it. :cool:

Want to see optomism from me? No prob. I'm optomistic the pResident you guys voted for will go down as the worst in 240 years.
I don't like t2o show OFF!;)

Warham
03-22-2006, 09:34 PM
Impossible to see optimism from you on anything.

I've read nothing but bitching from you over the last two years here.

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Impossible to see optimism from you on anything.

I've read nothing but bitching from you over the last two years here.

Yes or No answers please.

1] Is it my right as an American to question my Government?

2] Has there been many things worthy of bitching about with this administration.

Warham
03-22-2006, 09:41 PM

Yep.

[2] Has there been many things worthy of bitching about with this administration.

Absolutely.

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 09:43 PM

2] Has there been many things worthy of bitching about with this administration.
Not only do you have a right, you have a DUTY!

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 10:06 PM

Lounge, where did I call you any fucking names?
That's not how i'm trying to do business here, and my point is going right over your head and under your feet, dude.

But where did your post end, huh?
Right where it always does, with Bush.

Do i not call this Administration on its bullshit?
Yes, I believe I do, but i also try and bring the positive things going on to light and that is something i don't see from you and the other liberals on this board.
It's all Bush this, Bush that, americans killed babies, innocent this and that as well...But here's the thing, George Bush isn't in Iraq, the troops are and they're being ripped to shreds in the media.

Those uniforms with the stars and stripes are saying they haven't been able to do their jobs, I know what they are saying, and i agree with them. haven't you read any of my posts on that matter?

And why the yelling? THAT IS WHAT ALL CAPS MEAN, RIGHT?

Your not getting my point, your taking it as an attack and that is not my intention.

Well, it's the end of the day...

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 10:12 PM

Not so in the normal peeps world.

Their only jobs here are t2o delete porn, lock dupe threads, and the like.

Listen t2o this, mein Fuhrer Cathedral.

Theodore Roosevelt

You two new mods aren't our parents or big brother so print that quote and wipe your unpatriotic, servile smelly butts with Teddy's words.

It's peeps like YOU who don't LOVE the COUNTRY, because you don't know what LOVE the COUNTRY means...like patriotic and free ol' Ted did.

See you in hell.

PS I wonder what the British think when they read these quotes from Americans like Teddy and Jefferson, and all of them that we post here. They're not taught about these men in their schools the way we are, and yet while we are taught American history in our schools the American point-of-view seems t2o totally bypass native borns like Warham and Cathedral. I have sympathy f4or you t2wo. You are t2o be pittied. Just mod the board, okay.

TED

Oh, so i'm a mod for a day and now i'm a power tripper?

Do some research, i'm not saying anything i haven't said already, nice try though.
Our job is to spark debate, that's what i'm doing and i've said it all before i was modded again.
If you take my posts as being elitiest that's your problem.

It would just be refreshing to see something positive, how's that, better than "I want" to you?

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Oh, so i'm a mod for a day and now i'm a power tripper?

Do some research, i'm not saying anything i haven't said already, nice try though.
Our job is to spark debate, that's what i'm doing and i've said it all before i was modded again.
If you take my posts as being elitiest that's your problem.

It would just be refreshing to see something positive, how's that, better than "I want" to you?
Yes, dat's better than dat "on your knees" STUFF!

A thing like dat can really ruin yer day.;)

Nickdfresh
03-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Another grate victory...

http://www.bartcop.com/mission-accomplished.jpg

The insurgents are on the run now!

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 10:38 PM

If you didn't question authority, Lounge, I wouldn't respect you the way i do.
And i have no problems with your issues, it would just "be refreshing" to see you stand up for the troops that do believe in what they are doing as well as those that don't.
Maybe post some articles that reflect the positive things going on there that they are doing and have been ordered to do.

You read it and heard it yourself, Bush is going to keep them there until 2009, when he leaves office.

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Another grate victory...

http://www.bartcop.com/mission-accomplished.jpg

The insurgents are on the run now!

Give it a rest, Nick!
It was a stupid photo-op, we all agree on that so leave it in the past.
We all need to think about today and tomorrow and the many tomorrows ahead.

Warham
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Impeachment's the rage, Cat. It's all they can think about right now.

Nickdfresh
03-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Impeachment's the rage, Cat. It's all they can think about right now.

You need to look up the term "monomania." When have I brought up impeachment?

Jesus, you're OC for Clinton, impeachments, and God...

Sounds like you're hearing "footsteps."

Warham
03-22-2006, 10:46 PM
I don't hear anything, because nothing's gonna happen.

Bush is going to stay in office until Jan 19, 2009, and he'll keep troops in Iraq until Jan 19, 2009, hopefully at much reduced levels by then.

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
And i have no problems with your issues, it would just "be refreshing" to see you stand up for the troops that do believe in what they are doing as well as those that don't.
Er...what are they doing?

Er...right or wrong. huh

Let's open a discussion.

We want t2o communicate with you.

And, we want you t2o communicate with US!

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 10:48 PM

Bush is going to stay in office until Jan 19, 2009, and he'll keep troops in Iraq until Jan 19, 2009, hopefully at much reduced levels by then.
Just like JFK did?

America is ripe f4or revolt right now T2ODAY!

Nickdfresh
03-22-2006, 10:51 PM

Yeah, he'll keep getting them killed, so he won't have to admit how shitty his foreign policy has been, and so the next President will be left holding the bag...

Warham
03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah, he'll keep getting them killed, so he won't have to admit how shitty his foreign policy has been, and so the next President will be left holding the bag...

I'm sure the next president (who will be Republican) will handle it OK.

Cathedral
03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Er...what are they doing?

Er...right or wrong. huh

Let's open a discussion.

We want t2o communicate with you.

And, we want you t2o communicate with US!

Nevermind, you're right, the troops have done absolutely nothing in Iraq but kill innocent families and guard the oil.

goodnight...

Warham
03-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Nevermind, you're right, the troops have done absolutely nothing in Iraq but kill innocent families and guard the oil.

goodnight...

Hey, that sounds awfully familiar.

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 11:00 PM
You need to look up the term "monomania." When have I brought up impeachment?

Jesus, you're OC for Clinton, impeachments, and God...

Sounds like you're hearing "footsteps."
Yes, yoo are correct again, Nickdfresh.

I will bring up impeachment, and maybe resignation(s).

We will be starting this spring with that 'outting of the spy-wife' trial and finishing aff da year with a defeat aff republican reps in da house t2o ultimately finish off Bush and Cheney.

The American people will not let themselves be blamed f4or Iraq. It's a historic mess and those t2wo, Bush and Cheney, will take all of the blame.

By the end of the year the word impeachment will be a household WORD!

Phil theStalker
03-22-2006, 11:09 PM

goodnight...
You're wrong.

They've done a lot...a lot of ILLEGAL INVASIONS and there-will-be-a-price-to-pay-f4or-all-they-have-done.

Sleep tight.

Attitudes like yours has made the whole world a much more dangerous place t2o sleep IN!

http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com <-----Be sure yoo clik dat

LoungeMachine
03-22-2006, 11:43 PM
If you didn't question authority, Lounge, I wouldn't respect you the way i do.

I do stand up for them in here, just not the way you'd like, so you may miss it.

I stand up for them by DEMANDING that the people who put them in harm's way armor them, supply them, pay them, and take care of them the way they were PROMISED when they VOLUNTEERED.

Am I the only one in here who remembers Rummy's "sometimes you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want" :mad:

Want to see me wave a flag. FIRE RUMMY.

Want to see me cheer us on in Iraq. Then tell BushCO to get their story straight. It changes almost on a monthly basis.

Fuck this "let's all cheer together" crapola.

I'm here to make those in power ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.

I haven't seen a whole lot of "accountability" in DC these last few years.

nada.

zilch.

The only heads that roll, are the ones who dare speak out against the Rove propoganda machine.

Fuck 'em.

Phil theStalker
03-23-2006, 12:01 AM
I do stand up for them in here, just not the way you'd like, so you may miss it.
I stand up for them by DEMANDING that the people who put them in harm's way armor them, supply them, pay them, and take care of them the way they were PROMISED when they VOLUNTEERED.
Am I the only one in here who remembers Rummy's "sometimes you go to war with the army you have, not the army you want" :mad:
nt to see me wave a flag. FIRE RUMMY.
Want to see me cheer us on in Iraq. Then tell BushCO to get their story straight. It changes almost on a monthly basis.

Fuck this "let's all cheer together" crapola.
I'm here to make those in power ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.
I haven't seen a whole lot of "accountability" in DC these last few years.
nada.
zilch.
The only heads that roll, are the ones who dare speak out against the Rove propoganda machine.

Fuck 'em.
D'ya click DAT!

http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com

diamondD
03-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Just outta curiosity......

How does one KNOW who is an "insurgent", and who is a freedom loving Iraqi?

Wrong place, wrong time, and poof

It's off to Gitmo.

No trial
No due process

Freedom's on the March

I think we all agree about firing Rummy, but I don't see how telling Cathedral to fire him will get anything done.

There was an article about the troops doing something and the first thing you questioned is whether the people they arrested are the right ones. Nothing about national policies, nothing about "mission accomplished" :rolleyes: , just that you questioned whether or not they were even legitimate.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt. They are the ones going thru hell every day.

Cathedral
03-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by diamondD
I think we all agree about firing Rummy, but I don't see how telling Cathedral to fire him will get anything done.

There was an article about the troops doing something and the first thing you questioned is whether the people they arrested are the right ones. Nothing about national policies, nothing about "mission accomplished" :rolleyes: , just that you questioned whether or not they were even legitimate.

They deserve the benefit of the doubt. They are the ones going thru hell every day.

Yeah right, as i just learned the hard way...all things are fair as long as hatred is on your side.
I am now convinced though, they don't hear anything but what they want to hear.

You know what, some choices of protest are as dangerous as an IED in Iraq.

They might as well just spit on them as they did in Vietnam.

How about that, now a comparison that actually fits.

Phil theStalker
03-23-2006, 07:52 AM
Yeah right, as i just learned the hard way...all things are fair as long as hatred is on your side.
I am now convinced though, they don't hear anything but what they want to hear.

You know what, some choices of protest are as dangerous as an IED in Iraq.

They might as well just spit on them as they did in Vietnam.

How about that, now a comparison that actually fits.
He clicked it, he clicked IT!

Nickdfresh
03-23-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm sure the next president (who will be Republican) will handle it OK.

That's not the point. Why should US Troops keep getting resent and killed, for this Administration's debacle? Now who's "supporting the troops?"

Phil theStalker
03-23-2006, 07:19 PM
He Has Been Here

LoungeMachine
03-23-2006, 08:24 PM
Which "he" fill ?

Phil theStalker
03-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Which "he" fill ?
GW=Grim Reaper

We all stare at the sky.

We all share in the grief.

We all will be accused of the blame.

CLIK DAT LINK AND FIND OUT.

Cathedral
03-24-2006, 09:27 AM
He clicked it, he clicked IT!

I have no idea what you're talking about...clicked what?

Phil theStalker
03-24-2006, 10:33 AM
I have no idea what you're talking about...clicked what?

Clickity clackity DIS! (http://nobravery.cf.huffingtonpost.com)

ODShowtime
03-24-2006, 07:19 PM

And not to mention the BILLIONS WASTED on this.

And I'm sick over the thought of good people dying over this. Men and women who joined up for good reasons.

I try not to think about all the people who've DIED because of this bullshit war.

I just can't believe it was incompetence having so few troops and such a poor strategy for dealing with guerilla war. It's fucking bullshit and the veterans here should be the MOST pissed off!

Phil theStalker
03-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I try not to think about all the people who've DIED because of this bullshit war.

I just can't believe it was incompetence having so few troops and such a poor strategy for dealing with guerilla war. It's fucking bullshit and the veterans here should be the MOST pissed off!
Alex Jones said with Charlie Sheen that vets in America are 'waiting f4or the time'. "Just you wait you scum!" Jones said t2o the NWO.

I guess these vets don't recognize a criminal as commander-in-chief.