PDA

View Full Version : MusicMatch jukebox for PC: a plague!!

Jérôme Frenchise
03-22-2006, 03:45 PM
I installed that big shit 18 months ago, to handle my MP3 files, and I have to say it had been convenient for a long time. A few weeks ago, it started to restart my PC every time I closed it. :mad: :rolleyes:
Whenever I tried to select certain files from my docs, it restarted it as well... Unbearable!! :mad:

I finally uninstalled it today. I'll simply use Windows Media from now on. When I installed that plague, I was more or less a beginner as far as MP3s, and I just chose it out of ignorance.

The hell with it. To be precise, I used the free version (they used many tricks so as to make me "upgrade", that is make me shake my money maker...
Commerce, well, I say why not; but bugging like they did (I'm absolutely sure they did), no way!

So, if you happen to have to choose yourself a new player on line, skip MusicMatch, it's bullshit! :cool:

Hardrock69
03-22-2006, 04:57 PM
I pretty much use Windows Media Player.

Though I sometimes use the Windows Media Player 2 (classic) as it is not such a resource hog.

The fucked up thing about WMP v10 is that once installed, the only way to remove it is to reformat your drive.

Roy Munson
03-22-2006, 05:15 PM
I use WMP.

I was just reading in PC World that the new WMP that will be included with Vista is going to be nice and streamlined. The editors were most impressed with it.

FORD
03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Fuck all the corporatized media players and click here (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm)

This contains Media Player Classic, which is built on the code from Windows Media Player 6.4, but with the addition of all the codecs included in this download, it plays Quicktime, Real Media, DVD's, AAC, and about every other format you can think of.

No spam. No ads. No spyware.

ThrillsNSpills
03-22-2006, 05:37 PM
I deleted MusicMatch as well.

Ally_Kat
03-22-2006, 10:06 PM
I used to use Musicmatch as well, but it slows my computer up big time. If I have it open, I can't be on AIM or open a browser. It's still on the computer but mainly because my brother uses it sometimes. I had to uninstall it once because somehow it got corrupted and would freak out without even being openned.

I use realplayer only cuz I find it easier to use and, unlike what everybody tells me, I've never had a problem with it. Windows Media Player always has something happening with it.

bueno bob
03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
WMP...no complaints...

Roy Munson
03-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Fuck all the corporatized media players and click here (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm)

This contains Media Player Classic, which is built on the code from Windows Media Player 6.4, but with the addition of all the codecs included in this download, it plays Quicktime, Real Media, DVD's, AAC, and about every other format you can think of.

No spam. No ads. No spyware.

I use WMP and something called AC3Filter for my codec that works seamlessly with WMP. Works great.