PDA

View Full Version : V For Vendetta Movie

Matt White
03-23-2006, 09:08 PM
I've been putting this off for a while....

But I went to see the Movie and I'm curious what other people think of it......

I thought it rocked...despite the fact that it was written in the 80's....

Seemed almost TOO relevant to what is going on in the world today....

It does raise interesting issues of "Terrorism" & "Fascism"....

And the responsibility of the individual....

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/v_for_vendetta/natalie_portman/vendetta7.jpg

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/v_for_vendetta/_group_photos/natalie_portman9.jpg

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Film/Pix/pictures/2006/03/16/v2.jpg

Unchainme
03-23-2006, 09:30 PM
I heard something that the main-character was gay or something along that lines, Is this true? I looked up about the plot, And it seems really intresting Didn't seem to say anything about any of the characters being gay or not. I'm thinking about seeing it, I'm not sure any things thant were cool in it matt?

jslav06
03-23-2006, 09:31 PM
It was awesome.
was it supposed to seem like George Orwell's "1984"?

Matt White
03-23-2006, 09:40 PM
No Unchainme...the Main Character isn't "gay"......

That would be MISSION IMPOSSIBLE:p

http://www.theworldjournal.com/special/movies/comingsoon/missionimpossible3.jpg

V has some serious issues....but he's hetero...

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/img/pto_OS_V_12.jpg

Matt White
03-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by jslav06
It was awesome.
was it supposed to seem like George Orwell's "1984"?

It was written in the early to mid 80's...and was in reaction to Thatchers Government...as well as what was going on around the world...

Holds up pretty well...don't you think?

Unchainme
03-23-2006, 09:42 PM
:), oh okay I'll have to check it out. The plot I looked up on the movies based on looks mega cool.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-23-2006, 09:47 PM
They changed it a great deal.

the comic originally took place in the late 90s. the character V may or may not have been gay...in the comic everyone who was not white - meaning anyone ethnic , gay, or outside the "mainstream" - was slaughtered.

The comic is a classic...and at the time was enormously groundbreaking in the medium. The writer of the comic - Alan moore - has distanced himself from the movie, demanded his name be removed from the credits (and refused all compensation), and called the screenplay "trash".

Matt White
03-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Moore hasn't liked any of the movie adaptions of his work...so this came as no surprise.....

V doesn't pick Natalie Portman's character by "coincidence"...he has a thing for her...so the "gay" tag doesn't quite fit.........

See the movie....Nobody knows much aboot V...

Vinnie Velvet
03-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but will.

Looks cool.

And Nat Portman is always hot!

Imagine rubbing her soft shaven head while she's GIVING you 'head'.
:D

yeeeeah.....

fe_lung
03-24-2006, 04:04 PM
I was interested until I heard it was from the Matrix morons. Somehow I can't get excited about it anymore.

Dave's Bitch
03-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I heard something that the main-character was gay or something along that lines, Is this true? I looked up about the plot, And it seems really intresting Didn't seem to say anything about any of the characters being gay or not. I'm thinking about seeing it, I'm not sure any things thant were cool in it matt?

omg V is soooo not gay.yes go see this unchainme its an awesome movie.i saw it some time last week and was completely gripped by it,im a big fan of the comic aswell.i heard from some people it wasnt very good and didnt stick all that true to the comic but that is shit,it is a really good movie,and it is as matt says very relevant to today.i forget the guy who played V 's name (the guy who was agent smith in the matrix rite?) but he was awesome.

id give this movie 5 stars for sure

Dirty Duck
03-24-2006, 05:21 PM
I did'nt see the movie yet but I have a question for you guys.

Back when I was a teenager I was a pretty big comic book fan...especially Batman. Does anyone remember a batman "Detective" issue with the villian ANARCHY? It was about
a vigilantie who was going around "executing" the scum of gotham city. Well ANARCHY looks just like the characters in V for Vendetta. The same mask i think. Does anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about? E mail me or respond. The comic was released in eiether 89' or 90....

Dirty Duck
03-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I haven't seen it yet, but will.

Looks cool.

And Nat Portman is always hot!

Imagine rubbing her soft shaven head while she's GIVING you 'head'.
:D

yeeeeah.....

I would look down and think it was a guy....probley go soft in 1.6 seconds!! Ha ha.

Dave's Bitch
03-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck
I did'nt see the movie yet but I have a question for you guys.

Back when I was a teenager I was a pretty big comic book fan...especially Batman. Does anyone remember a batman "Detective" issue with the villian ANARCHY? It was about
a vigilantie who was going around "executing" the scum of gotham city. Well ANARCHY looks just like the characters in V for Vendetta. The same mask i think. Does anyone know what the fuck I'm talking about? E mail me or respond. The comic was released in eiether 89' or 90....

i have read that (im not a nerd btw,i love the art).it was kinda based on v for vendetta i think.anyway i found the synopsis

"Introducing Anarky, one of the most lethal and disturbing foes ever to challenge Batman. This is no common criminal or megalomaniac, for Anarky's plans extend beyond simple financial gain or even world conquest. Quite simply, Anarky seeks to tear down the very fabric of civilisation and start over. Anarky's quest brings him into conflict with Jason Blood, aka the Demon, and one of the most evil beings in all creation, Darkseid. But it is when his attention begins to focus on Gotham that the battle begins in earnest. For while Anarky truly believes his plans will benefit mankind in the long term, the city's Dark Knight protector isn't convinced. And that, quite simply, means trouble. Big time! "

Dirty Duck
03-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
i have read that (im not a nerd btw,i love the art).it was kinda based on v for vendetta i think.anyway i found the synopsis

"Introducing Anarky, one of the most lethal and disturbing foes ever to challenge Batman. This is no common criminal or megalomaniac, for Anarky's plans extend beyond simple financial gain or even world conquest. Quite simply, Anarky seeks to tear down the very fabric of civilisation and start over. Anarky's quest brings him into conflict with Jason Blood, aka the Demon, and one of the most evil beings in all creation, Darkseid. But it is when his attention begins to focus on Gotham that the battle begins in earnest. For while Anarky truly believes his plans will benefit mankind in the long term, the city's Dark Knight protector isn't convinced. And that, quite simply, means trouble. Big time! "

Wow! Thank you so much for that info. I didn't expect to get a response so soon. Happy Birthday , by the way!!!! Hope you had a good one. 16....christ. Those were the days.....

Dave's Bitch
03-24-2006, 05:34 PM
this the one?

Dirty Duck
03-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
this the one?

That must be a reisue.

You know what's weird though? In the orginal comic "Anarky" turns out to be a 16 year old computer geek. Oh cool!!!!!! I get it...he was released from jail. I feel like a teenager again. I have to look into this. I never knew the character still existed. I havent read comic books since I was 17...

Thanks again Dave's Bitch....you rock!

Dave's Bitch
03-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Dirty Duck

Thanks again Dave's Bitch....you rock!

yes,yes i do

ULTRAMAN VH
03-26-2006, 05:12 PM
I enjoyed the movie, Hugo Weaving did a great job as V. I am curious if Hugo was under the mask for the fight sequences.

Matt White
03-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Good question....

Don Corleone
03-30-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
[B]It does raise interesting issues of "Terrorism" & "Fascism"....

That's intentional. The people that originally wrote the comic strip back in the 80's put V in a Guy Fawkes mask for that reason - The Gunpowder plot being the 1st real incidence of modern terrorism in the UK.