PDA

View Full Version : larry Allen to 49ers Keyshawn to panthers

tjvhou812
03-23-2006, 11:56 PM
larry allen sighns w/the 49ers for 3 years

and keyshawn goes to the panthers for 3 years

Bob_R
03-24-2006, 07:59 AM
So, the Panthers now have Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson. Not bad at all.

POJO_Risin
03-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Well...what they lacked was another dimension from the WR's...

a guarantee if they double one...you can't double the other kinda guy...

and Key certainly gives them that...

IF...DeShaun Foster holds up next year...Carolina will be very tough to beat...

tjvhou812
03-24-2006, 01:25 PM
it looks like the nfc...will have much improved

VHdamaco
03-24-2006, 02:15 PM
no kidding...

if keyshawn can grow a set and run routes over the middle, that wideout tandem will be nuts (no pun intended)...

POJO_Risin
03-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't think the NFC will be any better than they were before...it's not like Key wasn't in the NFC before...;)

tjvhou812
03-24-2006, 06:42 PM
the cowboys are a better team....

the panthers will be better

Redballjets88
03-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by VHdamaco
no kidding...

if keyshawn can grow a set and run routes over the middle, that wideout tandem will be nuts (no pun intended)...

i dont know what your talking about bc from what i know, and having keyshawn on my favorite team for 3 years, keyshawn is known for being willing and able to go to the middle and take the pounding that comes with it

tjvhou812
03-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
i dont know what your talking about bc from what i know, and having keyshawn on my favorite team for 3 years, keyshawn is known for being willing and able to go to the middle and take the pounding that comes with it

that was his role

Fairwrning
03-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Great move for the Panthers..huge, in fact...
Johnson and Smith working together is gonna be hard to deal with...

POJO_Risin
03-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by tjvhou812
the cowboys are a better team....

the panthers will be better

lmfao...yeah...Dallas will be a better team...but remember...TO took a Championship team one more game...

he won't be able to carry Dallas from NO PLAYOFFS...TO THE SUPER BOWL...

they have to many holes...

better yes...but Dallas fans expecting more are just not realistic...

as for Carolina...they WILL be better...but Keyshawn doesn't make this team a Super Bowl team...that will be up to DeShaun Foster...and I realy can't imagine him staying healthy...

Fairwrning
03-24-2006, 07:57 PM
I will almost say Johnson will damn near equal Owens' stats next year..Dallas needs a passer

POJO_Risin
03-24-2006, 08:07 PM
no way...

Dallas could have an armless qb...and TO will still get his catches...

and Key will be playing second fiddle to Steve Smith...who IS the best receiver in the game...

Fairwrning
03-24-2006, 08:14 PM
Let Dallas start off bad and watch the whining begin...

VHdamaco
03-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88

shit...

i couldn't remember whether it was him or some other receiver thats known for being a big vagina when it comes to going over the middle. i just went with the only name i could think of at the time...

my bad...

tjvhou812
03-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
lmfao...yeah...Dallas will be a better team...but remember...TO took a Championship team one more game...

he won't be able to carry Dallas from NO PLAYOFFS...TO THE SUPER BOWL...

they have to many holes...

better yes...but Dallas fans expecting more are just not realistic...

as for Carolina...they WILL be better...but Keyshawn doesn't make this team a Super Bowl team...that will be up to DeShaun Foster...and I realy can't imagine him staying healthy...

yea but, you got to remeber, dallas lost 3 games last year bc of their kicker...they should have made the playoffs last year..

and now they got that drunk dude from indy
who just happens to be the most accurate kicker in football
over the last few years

POJO_Risin
03-24-2006, 10:03 PM
The drunk kicker that cost them the game in the playoffs last year by missing a field goal?

don't confuse Vanderjagt today...with Vanderjagt of the past...

Dallas will improve...and the NFC does suck...

but they have too many holes!

I don't think they'll be as good as Washington...who's defense is much better...

but both have the same problem...shitty QB's...Brunell who can move but can't throw...

and Bledsoe who can't move...and can throw...usually into triple coverage...;)

tjvhou812
03-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by POJO_Risin
The drunk kicker that cost them the game in the playoffs last year by missing a field goal?

don't confuse Vanderjagt today...with Vanderjagt of the past...

Dallas will improve...and the NFC does suck...

but they have too many holes!

I don't think they'll be as good as Washington...who's defense is much better...

but both have the same problem...shitty QB's...Brunell who can move but can't throw...

and Bledsoe who can't move...and can throw...usually into triple coverage...;)

yea but that offence of the cowboys is gonna be dangerous:)

and the only holes they reslly have is on D
and they got some young guys who will be better

ALinChainz
03-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Dallas ... their line, a strength of the dynasty days, is still in flux ... they have to run and pass block better ... their defense has many young players that will be good pros ... its just going to take time.

ALinChainz
03-24-2006, 11:48 PM
And Allen had a dream of playing for the Raiders ... they must not have offered him a deal whatsoever ...

ALinChainz
03-24-2006, 11:49 PM
And Allens signed for 2 years ... Johnson for 4 ....

POJO_Risin
03-24-2006, 11:55 PM
The offense COULD be scary...

but I still think Bledsoe will make more mistakes than good plays...

he has no mobility...and if that line doesn't protect him...HE CAN'T MOVE...

he has the mobility of a 300 pound boulder...

ALinChainz
03-25-2006, 12:04 AM
I watched Henson in the opening game of the NFL Europe season ...

I don't see anything special ... he seemed like he was destined to be a high draft pick while at MICHIGAN ...

ALinChainz
03-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Point being ... they may need a QB of the future and soon ...

redblkwht
03-25-2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
Point being ... they may need a QB of the future and soon ...
Carolina on paper has to be the frontrunner as of now..
& BTW fuck the redskins,
it aint happening for them
& snyders money, what an idiot IMO-

VHdamaco
03-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by redblkwht
Carolina on paper has to be the frontrunner as of now..
& BTW fuck the redskins,
it aint happening for them
& snyders money, what an idiot IMO-

the redskins are more of a frontrunner than carolina. but ill conceide not by much...

that should've been the nfc championship game last year, but fucking rookie rodgers dropped the gimme touchdown pick and the momentum shifted...

i've never been a big fan of keyshawn because hes a prick who anyways cries when he doesn't get his way, and it costs the team. i see keyshawn more of a problem than a solution...

washingtons three receivers and carolinas two wide outs cancel each other out; portis is a better back than foster; but delhomme is a better qb than brunell is (but if brunell improves to half way decent this year, christ our offense will be insane)i have it one to one wiht one category canceld out...

should be a good season for both teams...

btw, snyder's not that big an idiot as he was in his earlier ownership years (getting gibbs back and letting him decide on proper personel, etc). also, he's the owner of the most profitable team in sports, can't be that dumb...

POJO_Risin
03-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Washington and Carolina match up VERY WELL...both have fantastic defenses...although Carolina's lost nothing this year...and Arrington being gone DOES make a big difference...but...still very good...slight...very slight edge to Carolina...

Delhomme CAN look very badly...but...when Muhsim Muhammed AND Steve Smith were in the backfield...he rarely did...big advantage to Carolina...that's nullified with the backs...because I don't think Foster can play much without getting hurt...

so back to even. I so don't agree with your receivers assessment...

For as good as Moss is...Steve Smith really is the best receiver in the league...and IMO...it's not really that close...ad carolina...and as whiny and bitchy as Key is...look at the #'s...and John Fox is a fantastic coach...you watch how he gets along with Key...IMO...ad to Carolina...and I just think you are overrating Randal-El and the douche from San Fran...although I can see what Gibbs is doing...he's got a new group of smurfs...just no theisman or Williams or Rypien to throw to them...

then you look at coaching...and I'm going to give the nod to Gibbs...albeit slight...Fox is a good coach...but he's not at Gibbs level yet...

Snyder ISN'T that bad...

Here's where the improvement is...

in Gibb's first year...they were a cap mess...and they look that way now...but you're probably scratching your head at how Snyder could be so under the cap this year...

They earmark guys that they want for this year...that they could potentially cut at the end of the year...

and you'll see it next year...they'll end up 20-30 million under the cap again...because the deals they are giving...are back-ended...bonus included...

it may catch up with them with bonuses...however...but I think they see a Gibbs window right now...and are trying to take advantage of it...

VHdamaco
03-25-2006, 11:32 AM
damn pojo...

i like to think i know what im talking about half the time, but you just totally owned me there...

Btw, thanks for the great analysis...