PDA

View Full Version : Old TV shows from the 70's and 80's on DVD

Dirty Duck
03-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey guys...

Simple thread here. I'm a big fan of the sitcoms from the 70's and 80's (Television today sucks) and I wanted to know If anyone from the Army has bought any. I'll give some examples of what I've picked up:

All In The Family (Seasons 1-5) ....the show never gets old. Brilliant.

Good Times (Season 1 ) Dynomite!!!!

Three's Company (Seasons 1-6) god chrissy was hot back then!

Barney Miller (Season 1)

Fantasy Island (Season 1)....Smiles everyone..smiles! Fuckin' great!

Knight Rider (Seasons 1 & 2 )....it's KITT...need I say more?

Unsolved Mysteries (Ghosts/Ufo's) Still gives me the creeps!!!!

This is it so far for me. I'm waitng patiently for FAMILY TIES,
IN SEARCH OF... , and GROWING PAINS.

Please respond if any of you have picked up these DVD's or you just want to talk about your favorite TV show from the 70's or 80's.
"and remember" ....be careful out there...

Terry
03-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Got the pilot episode of Barney Miller on DVD from a box of Wheaties...

I tend to look for more obscure 70s and 80s shows, usually one-offs. Like, right now I'm awaiting the arrival of Sarah T: Portrait Of A Teenage Alcoholic, which should be hitting my mailbox soon.

Am also on the lookout for an early 1980s made-for-tv flick called Desperate Lives. This is the anti-drug one where Helen Hunt gets stoned and jumps out a window (everyone thinks that happened in the movie Angel Dusted, but they're wrong).

Was thinking of getting the 3s Company DVD, but I can tape it off Nick At Night for free, so that's kinda pointless...

I used to watch the Incredible Hulk all the time. My fave ep of that was when Mackenzie Philips played a schock rock star who was messed up on drugs, and she was going to touch these stage props when she was high, and then the Hulk burst in and saved her...

Also used to watch In Search Of with Spock narrating a lot, too.

Battlestar Galactica, the Love Boat...

I could definitely see getting a Buck Rogers in the 25th Century DVD.

Erin Gray was totally fuckable.