PDA

View Full Version : Are the fucking Seahawks insane?

POJO_Risin
03-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Okay...maybe I have some sleep in the ole' eyeballs this morning...

but...did I just see the fucking Seahawks offer Nate Burleson a tender offer of 7 years...49 million dollars?

THE SAME DEAL THE EAGLES SIGNED TERRELL OWENS TOO?????

Now...I know TO is a prick...but are we now to assume that Burleson is the equivalent of TO???

lmfao...talk about big shoes to fill...first Moss (failed)...now TO...lmfao...

could be a good signing for Seattle...but there isn't a planet in the universe in which I pay a #2 receiver that kind of money...

wonder what DJack is thinking?

POJO_Risin
03-25-2006, 09:31 AM
They lose Hutchinson...a proven pro bowler to a 7 year, 49 million contract to the Vikes...

AND THEN OFFER A 2-BIT WHORE OF A RECEIVER THE SAME MONEY...

I think Burleson can be good...

but that makes no fucking sense...

LoungeMachine
03-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the world of Seattle Sports Fan.

Now you know why we're the world's leader in caffeine, heroin, and suicides.

POJO_Risin
03-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Seriously bro...am I missing something there?

Burleson has done NOTHING...on good year...and was fucking HORRID LAST YEAR...

amazing...

they are trying to stick it to the Vikings...and the Vikes are laughing their asses off (as they signed Koren Robinson to a 3 year 12 million deal...a steal considering he's off the crack he was on...and is better than Burleson to begin with)...

weird move...

FORD
03-25-2006, 12:57 PM
After the Bosworth and Mirer fiascos, nothing would really surprise me.

Let's hope this deal works out better than those two did.

ALinChainz
03-25-2006, 01:06 PM
The weird thing is the provision in the contract that gaurantees the money if Burleson plays 5 or more games in MINNESOTA ... which is clearly an attempt to fuck the Vikes.

The Vikes tendered Burleson the lowest possible because they wouldn't mind getting at least a 3rd rounder for him, but in no way thought anyway would offer a #1 by signing him to the larger tender.

A nice little battle going on here.

POJO_Risin
03-25-2006, 01:14 PM
There's something we are missing here...that deal is fucking crazy...

one of the fucking craziest I've ever seen...and that's saying something...

Unchainme
03-25-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
Welcome to the world of Seattle Sports Fan.

Now you know why we're the world's leader in caffeine, heroin, and suicides.

I Thought Akron (My Home town) was the leader in suicides?

LoungeMachine
03-25-2006, 02:51 PM
Ya know, Rinse....

With the title you gave this thread, it may as well be the 2006 Seattle sports chatter thread. officially.

Yes, The Haws are insane.

So is Howard Schultz.

So is the Mariners front office.

When you have to look to the WNBA for your last championship, you know you're in a world of hurt.

Welcome to our world :cool:

This is only the beginning. I have complete confidence in all of our teams making headlines like this all year....

Mama's Fool
03-25-2006, 05:28 PM
It's one of those poison pill situations. Actually the contract may be seven years in length, however it's really a 4 year contract with 5 or 6 million guaranteed. It's a little less than what Randel-El got in Washington.

POJO_Risin
03-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Yeah...even so...the deal was ridiculous...

and because he's a restricted free agent...that kind of money...gives away major draft picks...

monkeythe
03-26-2006, 11:05 PM
I don't think it's a bad deal. They needed a WR and we all know that the contract isn't really for 7 years 49 million. The terms of the contract were an interesting FU to the Vikings for what they did to Hutchensen. The totals are about the same and the poison pills are just as ridiculous. One of the poison pills is that the contract is guaranteed if he makes more money than the teams RB. Since Alexander is making so much money and the Vikings don't have any RB they are paying a lot for they are giving Minnesota a taste of their own medicine. I personally don't like these poison pill clauses and hope that the owners do something to stop this madness.

DlocRoth
03-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Yeah, but the question remains.....

You fuckers stole Hutchinson, so we're jacking BURLESON from you!!

Why?? Ooh, scary.

BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep him. I'll take the pick.