PDA

View Full Version : Immigration Protests

Big Train
03-26-2006, 12:31 PM
This is gonna get ugly before too long...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-immig26mar26,0,7628611.story?coll=la-home-headlines

500,000 Pack Streets to Protest Immigration Bills

The rally, part of a massive mobilization of immigrants and their supporters, may be the largest L.A. has seen.
By Teresa Watanabe and Hector Becerra
Times Staff Writers

March 26, 2006

A crowd estimated by police at more than 500,000 boisterously marched in Los Angeles on Saturday to protest federal legislation that would crack down on undocumented immigrants, penalize those who help them and build a security wall along the U.S.' southern border.

Spirited but peaceful marchers — ordinary immigrants alongside labor, religious and civil rights groups — stretched more than 20 blocks along Spring Street, Broadway and Main Street to City Hall, tooting kazoos, waving American flags and chanting, "Sí se puede!" (Yes we can!).

Attendance at the demonstration far surpassed the number of people who protested against the Vietnam War and Proposition 187, a 1994 state initiative that sought to deny public benefits to undocumented migrants but was struck down by the courts. Police said there were no arrests or injuries except for a few cases of exhaustion.

At a time when Congress prepares to crack down further on illegal immigration and self-appointed militias patrol the U.S. border to stem the flow, Saturday's rally represented a massive response, part of what immigration advocates are calling an unprecedented effort to mobilize immigrants and their supporters nationwide.

It coincides with an initiative on the part of the Roman Catholic Church, spearheaded by Cardinal Roger M. Mahony, archbishop of Los Angeles, to defy a House bill that would make aiding undocumented immigrants a felony. And it signals the burgeoning political clout of Latinos, especially in California.

"There has never been this kind of mobilization in the immigrant community ever," said Joshua Hoyt, executive director of the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. "They have kicked the sleeping giant. It's the beginning of a massive immigrant civil rights struggle."

The demonstrators, many wearing white shirts to symbolize peace, included both longtime residents and the newly arrived, bound by a desire for a better life.

Arbelica Lazo, 40, illegally emigrated from El Salvador two decades ago but said she now owns two businesses and pays $7,000 in income taxes each year.

Jose Alberto Salvador, 33, came here illegally four months ago to find work to support the wife and five children he left behind. In his native Guatemala, he said, what little work he could find paid $10 a day.

"As much as we need this country, we love this country," Salvador said, waving both the American and Guatemalan flags. "This country gives us opportunities we don't get at home."

On Monday, the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee is scheduled to resume work on a comprehensive immigration reform proposal. The Senate committee's version includes elements of various bills, including a guest worker program and a path to legalization for the nation's 10 million to 12 million undocumented immigrants proposed by Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.)

In addition, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-Tenn.) has introduced a bill that would strengthen border security, crack down on employers of illegal immigrants and increase the number of visas for workers. Frist has said he would take his bill to the floor Tuesday if the committee does not finish its work Monday.

Ultimately, the House and Senate bills must be reconciled before a law can be passed.

President Bush has advocated a guest worker program and attracted significant Latino support for his views.

In his Saturday radio address, Bush urged all sides of the emotional debate to tone down their rhetoric, calling for a balanced approach between more secure borders and more temporary foreign workers.

Largely in response to the debate in Washington, hundreds of thousands of people in recent weeks have staged marches in more than a dozen cities calling for immigration reform.

In Denver, police said Saturday that more than 50,000 people gathered downtown at Civic Center Park next to the Capitol to urge the state Senate to reject a resolution supporting a ballot issue that would deny many government services to illegal immigrants in Colorado.

Hundreds rallied in Reno, the Associated Press reported.

On Friday, tens of thousands of people were estimated to have staged school walkouts, marches and work stoppages in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Atlanta and other cities.

In addition, several cities, including Los Angeles, have passed resolutions opposing the House legislation. At least one city, Maywood, declared itself a "sanctuary" for undocumented immigrants.

Despite the significant opposition to the crackdown on illegal immigrants shown by the turnout in recent rallies, a recent Zogby poll found 62% of Americans surveyed wanted more restrictive immigration policies, and a Field Poll last month found that the majority of California voters surveyed believed illegal immigration was hurting the state.

"Polling has consistently shown that Americans don't want guest workers or amnesty," said Caroline Espinosa, spokeswoman for NumbersUSA, a Washington-based immigration control group that says its e-mail list of 1 million and 140,000-member roster of activists have more than doubled in the last year.

Espinosa said current levels of both legal and illegal immigration would push the U.S. population to 420 million by 2050, "leading to a tremendously negative impact on the quality of life in the United States."

According to a U.S. Census Bureau survey a year ago, the nation's 35.2 million immigrants — legal and illegal — represent a record number. California led the country with nearly 10 million, constituting 28% of the state's population overall and one-third of its work force.

The swelling number of immigrants has clearly influenced the political calculus of those involved in the issue, including political and religious groups. The Republican Party, for instance, is split among those who want tougher restrictions, those who fear alienating the Latino vote and business owners who are pressing for more laborers — mostly Latin Americans — to fill blue-collar jobs in construction, cleaning, gardening and other industries.

Some Republicans fear that pushing too hard against illegal immigrants could backfire nationally, as with Proposition 187. Strong Republican support of that measure helped spur record numbers of California Latinos to become U.S. citizens and register to vote. Those voters subsequently helped the Democrats regain political control in the state.

"There is no doubt Proposition 187 had a devastating impact on the [California] Republican Party," said Allan Hoffenblum, a Republican political consultant. "Now the Republicans in Congress better beware: If they come across as too shrill, with a racist tone, all of a sudden you're going to see Republicans in cities with a high Latino population start losing their seats."

The effects of the nation's growing Latino presence also are evident in religious communities. This week, for instance, the president of the 30-million-member National Assn. of Evangelicals is scheduled to issue a statement supporting immigration reform, including a guest worker program. It will be in concert with the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, said the Rev. Samuel Rodriguez, conference president.

Rodriguez, whose Sacramento-based group serves the nation's 18 million evangelical Christian Latinos, said it took "a lot of persuasion" to broker the joint statement with Ted Haggard, president of the evangelicals group. Rodriguez said he warned the group that failure to support comprehensive immigration reform would have long-term political repercussions.

Latino evangelical Christians voted for Bush at a 40% higher rate than Latinos overall, he said, but they would probably turn away from conservative candidates and causes without support on immigration.

"I had to do a lot of asking: Will Hispanics ever vote for conservative candidates again, or partner with white evangelicals if they were silent while our brothers and sisters and cousins were being sent out of the county on buses?" Rodriguez said.

Churches were just one force behind Saturday's rally.

Several immigrant advocates said that the ethnic media were a significant factor in drawing crowds. News outlets repeatedly publicized it and even exhorted marchers to wear white shirts. Churches announced the rally too. Although a police spokeswoman estimated the crowd at 500,000 based on helicopter surveillance, rally organizers said it was closer to 1 million.

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa briefly addressed the rally.

"We cannot criminalize people who are working, people who are contributing to our economy and contributing to the nation," Villaraigosa said.

In contrast to demonstrations 12 years ago against Proposition 187, Saturday's rally featured more American flags than those from any other country. Flag vendors were soon overwhelmed by demonstrators holding out dollar bills.

Father Michael Kennedy, a longtime immigrant advocate and pastor of Dolores Mission Church in Boyle Heights, said that past demonstrations were more heavily Mexican or Mexican American, but the House bill had rallied protesters across religious, national and ethnic lines.

One was Korean immigrant Dae Joong Yoon, executive director of the Korean Resource Center in Los Angeles. Yoon said the Korean community was more inflamed over the House bill than Proposition 187 because it would penalize not only undocumented immigrants but also businesses that hired them and anyone who helped them.

He said the Korean-language media has intensified coverage of the House bill in recent weeks.

"The Korean community is shocked and outraged over this inhumane legislation," Yoon said. "Everybody would be affected by it."

ODShowtime
03-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Looks like some house guests have overstayed their welcome.
Pretty much fuck all of these people. Luckily they can't vote.

Big Train
03-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Those who sympathize or are legal to vote (i.e. Their children) can and will vote against this. It is not an insignificant amount of people.

ODShowtime
03-26-2006, 12:49 PM
And that's fine.

I personnaly enjoy seeing the gov't finally crack down on a harmful section of society other than mine.

You're right about how the Mexican Gov't needs economic reforms and all that shit, but with all these cabrones up here fucking around and not voting down there, what's the point?

I say Git!

Big Train
03-26-2006, 01:02 PM
I;m all for some of these measures and think some of these are not going to help.

I think the fence is a waste. I think making citizenship automatic should be revoked unless the person having the child is a citizen. Close that loophole and you will have half the asian community in LA that you have now.

I think don't think they are necessarily harmful to our society (speaking locally), but they do tax the system quite a bit. It's bullshit to me that a guy can have two businesses, be taxed and NOT be a citizen. I think the process should be fair and accomadating, but they should be citizens first before we take their money and make them feel at home. These people are pissed about the false pretenses America gives them. Here are the laws and here is the way it is. Keep quiet and it will be cool. We are now proposing changing the backdoor deal. Which is overdue and is why these people are pissed. Logic and reason is against, but it is the deal America cut with them.

It needs to be sorted out. Neither side is absolutely wrong or right. We just have to be absolutely clear on what the New Deal is.

Cathedral
03-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Immigration is good, if it is done legally.
Allowing an illegal to stay in this country is unfair to those who did it by the book.
I have no problem if they can assimilate into the country by paying taxes and learning to communicate.

This idea where some businesses require people to take a Spanish course is bullshit....they need an English course or they need to go back home.

It's a problem here in Ohio, and it's a multi-million dollar stress on local communities funds every year.

If Bush wants to let them stay then he needs to start reimbursing the communities that can't afford to tow that line, period.

BigBadBrian
03-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

No shit.

:gulp:

sisca
03-26-2006, 03:31 PM
send the fuckin border jumpers home. all they do is strain our economy and litter our society by having so many fucking unwanted children.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Well where do I start.
1. Illegals are draining our health care system.
2. Illegal aliens are not paying taxes.
3. Illegal aliens are forming huge gangs in the form of MS 13.
4. Illegal aliens want U.S. citizens to fit the bill for their childrens education.
5.Illegal aliens send the money they make here, tax free back to their families in Mexico.
6. Illegal aliens are committing crimes here in the U.S. and then sneak back over the border to avoid prosecution.
7. Your tax payer's money is picking up the tab for their housing.
8. Illegal aliens do not respect our laws and do not feel the need to learn the english language, they feel we should be learnig spanish to communicate with them.
9. Certain banking establishments are now offering loans for Illegals to buy homes.
I can go on and on and on. We can thank our fat cat politicians for this huge problem. You see the Elites don't care if a family of 30 illegal's move into the 2 bedroom, one bath rancher next store to you. They don't care if your new neighbors can't speak a word of english and start raising chickens in their back yard. I believe in LEGAL IMMIGRATION, but the illegals are going to run this country into the ground. You see Vincente Fox loves nothing more than to dump his problems onto American soil, so his corrupt Government doe's not have to deal with it. And now 500,000 of them are protesting in the streets basically thumbing their nose to American law and saying fuck you America we will do what we want when we want.

Cathedral
03-26-2006, 04:24 PM
Bush allowes it because the illegals are the one's keeping the unemployment numbers leveled.
And the number of jobs created pay shit wages and the illegals are the one's getting them.

It's a fucking smokescreen that makes Bush look better than he is on jobs.
Though i did see on tv the other day that there was a slight spike in manufacturing in the last quarter...I've yet to see anything in writing on that though.

Employers need to be fined heavily for hiring them. if you eliminate the opportunity for them to get hired you have effectively knocked a serious dent in the entire issue.

jcook11
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
I just got back from running some erands in Anaheim Ca. and there was about 200 high school kids who had a block of Brookhurst St. blocked off waving Mexican flags and yelling Viva Mexico....If its'so fucking great in Mexico go the fuck back! Needless to say I flipped them the bird and yelled FUCK OFF!

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 05:57 PM
It's NWO approved!

How do I know it's NWO approved?

WHERE ARE ALL THE COPS?

Where are all of the cops in city after city?

Where are all of the cops and SWAT teams, and our favorite HOMELAND SUCKURITY?! huh

Where were/are they? huh

NWO APPROVED!

That's all I've got t2o say aboot tit...thea end aff America...civil war coming shortly...

:spank:

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
I just got back from running some erands in Anaheim Ca. and there was about 200 high school kids who had a block of Brookhurst St. blocked off waving Mexican flags and yelling Viva Mexico....If its'so fucking great in Mexico go the fuck back! Needless to say I flipped them the bird and yelled FUCK OFF!
WHERE ARE THE COPS?

They'd have yoo and mme, and hundreds more, in jail f4or a hate crime by now, and protesting without a permit.

NWO approved!

Where are all the COPS?!

jhale667
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Saw this on the news yesterday and got the dry heaves. :mad: FUCK illegals. They suck out loud.

jcook11
03-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
It's NWO approved!

How do I know it's NWO approved?

WHERE ARE ALL THE COPS?

Where are all of the cops in city after city?

Where are all of the cops and SWAT teams, and our favorite HOMELAND SUCKURITY?! huh

Where were/are they? huh

NWO APPROVED!

That's all I've got t2o say aboot tit...thea end aff America...civil war coming shortly...

There was 1 cop car where Iwas at in Anaheim I'm AFRAID YOU ARE RIGHT PHIL

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Saw this on the news yesterday and got the dry heaves. :mad: FUCK illegals. They suck out loud.
I don't wanna pick lettuce, it's true.

Why can't they just figure out a legal status (guest worker permits) f4or these folks so they don't vote away the second amendment if made citizens? huh

Damn.

This is all NWO approved.

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 06:16 PM
This is national.

This is orchestrated with the feds and local police.

This is when I don't want t2o be right, brother.

FORD
03-27-2006, 06:17 PM

He was probably just hanging around to make sure they didn't storm the holy corporate gates of Mickey Mouse Land.

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD
He was probably just hanging around to make sure they didn't storm the holy corporate gates of Mickey Mouse Land.
I'll bet he didn't even have a video CAMERA!

ULTRAMAN VH
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
I find it quite amusing that the tv camera's pull away when they see these lawbreakers burning the American flag and waving Mexican flags. We Americans better wise up quick, if they pass laws in favor of illegal aliens, there will be another invasion of millions of illegals flowing into this country. Guess who will pick up the tab for their education and housing. I can tell you it won't be the Dems or Republicans, it will be the middle class. The Absurdity Of Life Continues. Support your Minute Men!!!!!!!!!!

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
I find it quite amusing that the tv camera's pull away when they see these lawbreakers burning the American flag and waving Mexican flags. We Americans better wise up quick, if they pass laws in favor of illegal aliens, there will be another invasion of millions of illegals flowing into this country. Guess who will pick up the tab for their education and housing. I can tell you it won't be the Dems or Republicans, it will be the middle class. The Absurdity Of Life Continues. Support your Minute Men!!!!!!!!!!
sO yOO've noticed da cops weren't/aren't out f4or dis, t2oo.

Dat mmakes a couple aff us who can see dat.

Big Train
03-28-2006, 01:06 AM
10,000 students walking down the 110 this afternoon. The bill they got most of what they asked for. Are you all fence builders? Pro-felony?

Nitro Express
03-28-2006, 01:39 AM
When you let millions of illegal alliens in and do nothing about it, they start to take over. Now it's too late. Piss them off they will riot, cause hell, and shut the economy down.

There's a good reason to enforce the immigration laws. If we need immigrants to do certain jobs, then you give a certain amount the chance to immigrate or get work permits.

I think we are past the point of no return on illegal immigration and it will get ugly. It's flipping the bird and saying "Fuck You!" now but wait until it heats up and it will.

Nitro Express
03-28-2006, 02:00 AM
Go back home and make it the paradise you want. Mexico, Central America, South America are some of the most beautiful areas in the world.

Look at the British, the Dutch, the Israelis. They had nothing but made something of it. The Dutch reclaimed land from the sea. Thre British lived off of trade because they had nothing at home. The Israelis made the desert wasteland bloom.

I've been to Latin American many times and see the opportunity but yet the old way of doing things seems to keep most of it in a shit hole slump.

If you are so proud of being Mexican, go home and make Mexico great. Make something of it. I would love to come spend my money if I felt safe and didn't have peddlers bugging the shit out of me non-stop on the beach.

Instead of rioting here, maybe you should go home and riot there and take your home country back from the greedy fucks who screw you.

Because if you continue to cause shit here, you are just adding more gasoline to a huge blowup that will only fuck you over in the long run.

Nickdfresh
03-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Build a ten foot fence; then invest in an-11' ladder company...

I'll bet HALLIBURTAN will be in that business real soon...

jcook11
03-28-2006, 03:04 PM
My brother in law owns a liquor store here in SO-CAL all day longd illegals come in and Western Union money back to Mexico, Isaw this shit coming 10 years ago and in 10 more we're gonna really be FUCKED! THANKS W. I voted for you twice only to have this shit happen?

ODShowtime
03-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Train
10,000 students walking down the 110 this afternoon. The bill they got most of what they asked for. Are you all fence builders? Pro-felony?

fence yes, felonies for illegals no

It would just tax the system too much. Maybe if we had to make some other, more logical enforcement trade-offs...

ODShowtime
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Build a ten foot fence; then invest in an-11' ladder company...

I'll bet HALLIBURTAN will be in that business real soon...

and that's a VERY good beef about the fence. You know who's gonna get the contract...

Switch84
03-29-2006, 12:15 AM

:( Remember how we were laughing at the nation-wide riots and burning of France (by their immigrant Muslim populace) a couple of months back? Well, it's our turn now.

The French will be laughing at us...

FORD
03-29-2006, 12:36 AM
The Absurdity Of Life Continues. Support your Minute Men!!!!!!!!!!

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/uploaded_images/Minutemen%20rally-793875.jpg

Yeah, support a bunch of skinhead idiots with confederate and Nazi flags!!

Absurdity of life indeed. These fucking pricks need to get out of my country more than the illegals do.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Oh please!!!!!!!! The Minute Men are not vigilantes, like President Bush and the far left media would like you to believe. They are concerned citizens who realize there fat bloated Government is not going to address the situation, so they are assisting the border patrol by scouting out illegal aliens crossing the border and reporting their actions to the authorities. These actions help the Border patrol in apprehending ILLEGAL ALIENS.

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Send in INS AND the National Guard.

Sweep the illegals outta here!

Put a "shoot to kill" order for border patrols and mine the area 1 mile inside of our own boundries and let the wall building begin.

Nickdfresh
03-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Send in INS AND the National Guard.

Sweep the illegals outta here!

Put a "shoot to kill" order for border patrols and mine the area 1 mile inside of our own boundries and let the wall building begin.

LOL The Nat'l Guard's in IRAQ...

And the corporate whores you vote for won't let them...

Besides, I'm sure the hispanic soldiers in the NG will be real happy following those orders...

Mr Grimsdale
03-29-2006, 02:00 PM
flappo posted a great solution

here's the file...

http://www.riotvideo.com/videodir/955161225583351679.wmv

FORD
03-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Oh please!!!!!!!! The Minute Men are not vigilantes, like President Bush and the far left media would like you to believe. They are concerned citizens who realize there fat bloated Government is not going to address the situation, so they are assisting the border patrol by scouting out illegal aliens crossing the border and reporting their actions to the authorities. These actions help the Border patrol in apprehending ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Pictures don't lie.

When I see Nazi Skinheads holding out their arms in a "SIEG HEIL" salute, that doesn't say "concerned citizen" to me.

It says "racist nazi piece of shit thugs". Which is exactly what they are.

jcook11
03-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Pictures don't lie.

When I see Nazi Skinheads holding out their arms in a "SIEG HEIL" salute, that doesn't say "concerned citizen" to me.

Nice going FORD these are not Nazi skin heads,They are citizenz tired of watching CRIMINALS comitting crimes and the Govrnment not doing a damn thing about it!:gun:

FORD
03-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Nice going FORD these are not Nazi skin heads

Really? Let's review the picture again, shall we?

1) They're bald, and it doesn't appear to be genetic.

2) One of them is holding a NAZI flag. Another is flying a Confederate flag, despite the fact that Arizona had nothing to do with the old South.

3) Several of the group are extending their arms in a HEIL HITLER salute.

So what part of THEY ARE MOTHERFUCKING TRAITOROUS NAZI SHITHEADS don't you understand? :confused:

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 05:11 PM
LOL The Nat'l Guard's in IRAQ...

And the corporate whores you vote for won't let them...

Besides, I'm sure the hispanic soldiers in the NG will be real happy following those orders...

You're a fucking idiot.

The ENTIRE National Guard you say is in Iraq? Try using your thick skull for something besides a hatrack!

"The corporate whores"? What the fuck was Clinton? The fucking pimp daddy? Piss up a rope on that issue too, you have NO idea who I vote for on a local level. All your miniscule world saw was that I wasn't going to vote for Algore or JOhnKErry. You don't know shit about anything and this post sized it up really well for me.

As far as the hispanic soldiers...I don't care if they're green, striped or polka-doted if they wear the uniform and don't want to make little rocks out of big rocks in Leavenworth...they'll carry out the order that a superior officer will give them.

Will they ever dare to shoot the bastard illegals that are clogging the American infrastructure sucking the prosperity and not assimilating here in what was once a "melting pot"? No, they won't. They lack the courage to give that order. Now we have barrios, mosque enclaves, little Havanas and every other ethnic du jour that is now unwilling to learn English as a language and blend in.

Don't dare utter a single fucking retort as it would only serve as an example of how fucking low and stupid you are to try to be a smartass here for everyone.

jcook11
03-29-2006, 05:14 PM

2) One of them is holding a NAZI flag. Another is flying a Confederate flag, despite the fact that Arizona had nothing to do with the old South.

So what part of THEY ARE MOTHERFUCKING TRAITOROUS NAZI SHITHEADS don't you understand? :confused:

I see one guy wearing a cowboy hat...does that make him a horseowner or homosexual sheepherder

Nickdfresh
03-29-2006, 05:17 PM
[B]You're a fucking idiot.

The ENTIRE National Guard you say is in Iraq? Try using your thick skull for something besides a hatrack!

Yeah, I'm a fucking idiot? Why don't you join macho super hero?
LOL

Ms.SaddVIBE again wants to wipe 'em all out with an overextended Nat'l Guard...

Again, who now controls Congress and the White House? And they're doing what about immigration?

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I'm a fucking idiot? Why don't you join macho super hero?
LOL

Ms.SaddVIBE again wants to wipe 'em all out with an overextended Nat'l Guard...

Again, who now controls Congress and the White House? And they're doing what about immigration?

I called this one, sorry everyone for nicker00's "attempt" at humor.

Carry on.

Nickdfresh
03-29-2006, 05:25 PM
I wasn't making a joke...

You can still join now, right? Might cut into the American Idol time though...

Warham
03-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Nick's got this forum in tip-top shape. I'll stand back and let him handle it.

BigBadBrian
03-29-2006, 05:28 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

:D :D :D :D :D

Matt White
03-29-2006, 05:41 PM
AMNESTY in 1986.......

Remember...SHIT ROLLS DOWNHILL.....

Phil theStalker
03-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
AMNESTY in 1986.......

Shit also FLOATS!

Matt White
03-29-2006, 05:45 PM
In the Rio Grande....

FORD
03-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
AMNESTY in 1986.......

Yeah, who was President in 1986??

Uhhh...... I can't recall...... ;)

Matt White
03-29-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, who was President in 1986??

Uhhh...... I can't recall...... ;)

http://www.nndb.com/people/870/000022804/nancy-reagan-color.jpg

jhale667
03-29-2006, 07:19 PM

He's abso-fucking-lutely RIGHT. Sorry guys. The minutmen may have started as a good idea, but it has been co-opted by all the racist fucks out there. I agree more should be done to patrol the borders, but they are unforunately NOT the solution.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Okay Ford, so I am supposed to believe that your picture is a representation of the Minute Men??? And this is coming from a guy who's Avatar is that of a terrorist. Nice try Mr. Libby. Go march with the rest of the tools.

jhale667
03-29-2006, 07:31 PM
And this is coming from a guy who's Avatar is that of a terrorist.

Uhhh....Mr. VP....

From what I hear, that's actually a photshopped pic of FORD in his avatar...:D

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 07:37 PM
I wasn't making a joke...

Yeah...I know. It was an attempt!

DrMaddVibe
Uhhh....Mr. VP....

From what I hear, that's actually a photshopped pic of FORD in his avatar...:D

Looks like a muslim psycho to me!

ULTRAMAN VH
Thanks for the intel, Mr. President. I will leave it up to you if a further investigation is needed on this madman. lol lol

jhale667
03-29-2006, 07:44 PM
Looks like a muslim psycho to me!

WHY DON'T WE HAVE HIM WORKING UNDERCOVER?!?! C'mon, FORD go infiltrate an Al-Qeda cell or something ;)

ULTRAMAN VH
03-29-2006, 07:50 PM
No, Mr. President we need him here, he annoys th fuck out of me, but I love debate. It would not be the Frontline without his far left vitriolic demeanor.

ODShowtime
03-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Pictures don't lie.

FORD, you don't know if everyone there was acting like that.

Switch84
03-29-2006, 08:22 PM
He's abso-fucking-lutely RIGHT. Sorry guys. The minutmen may have started as a good idea, but it has been co-opted by all the racist fucks out there. I agree more should be done to patrol the borders, but they are unforunately NOT the solution.

:eek: I agree 100%! Why trade one evil for another? These people lurk in the shadows for an opportunity to spew their ignorant racist rhetoric to the masses in a very public forum. Well, I say fuck them, too! They want a so-called 'race war', and they're too stupid to realize they'll lose.

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 08:57 PM
WHY DON'T WE HAVE HIM WORKING UNDERCOVER?!?! C'mon, FORD go infiltrate an Al-Qeda cell or something ;)

He's too lazy to leave his compound!:D

rustoffa
03-29-2006, 09:13 PM
What did Davey Crocket say when he got to the Alamo??
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE ALL THESE ROOFERS' DOING HERE??!!"
:lol: :drive:

FORD
03-29-2006, 09:15 PM

Only if I get my 72 virgins up front. :cool:

FORD
03-29-2006, 09:23 PM
FORD, you don't know if everyone there was acting like that.

No, I don't. But why would you want your picture taken with a bunch of Nazi Skinheads unless you were one yourself. The guys in the cowboy hats might be bald too.

And if you were trying to establish a legitimate group of "concerned citizens" defending the border, why would you allow Nazis to join that group and destroy the legitimacy?

Maybe they should call in the Phelps cult and they can stand around with signs that say "GOD HATES MEXICANS" as long as legitimacy isn't a concern of theirs. But I won't be inviting them to guard the border of my state anytime soon. Just the fact that they're in Arizona sickens me enough, since I love that state.

Nitro Express
03-30-2006, 01:45 AM
It seems that most of the riots were peaceful. It's like the illegal alliens and their supporters are taking an Martin Luther King approach. I think most of them know causing trouble will only backfire on them.

The frustrating problem is we allowed are existing immigration laws to be broken for so long, the law means nothing anymore. Now we are stuck in the lawless caos we allowed to happen.

This immigration issue will take on it's own life and I'm afraid someone will start something nasty and it will degenerate into a nasty race war.

Big Train
03-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Its really sad that we are just choosing to focus on the Mexicans. Apparently we have no problem with Asian communities who refuse to assimilate and are here just as intensely as mexicans. The only thing is they are landing at LAX, not walking across a border, which is much more "flashy" for news cameras.

Disclaimer, my wife is a first generation Mexican American. Her father was granted Amnesty in 86. Out in the open, there.

My point is, the racial overtones have no part of this debate. I sense them creeping in and I feel it in the city. They are going to push LA into a race war and that is stupid. They should quietly enforce what is already on the books, equally to all groups and let things happen naturally. All this macho posturing is pointless.

FORD
03-31-2006, 12:14 AM
The Mexicans are probably eaiser targets not only because the border jumping makes good copy for the 6:00 news, but also because they're the ones that are in the commercial farms & fruit orchards and working under the table on construction sites while the Koreans pool their resources and buy up convenience stores and dry cleaners.

Or at least that's the general reality around here, which makes the Mexicans more visible, and therefore, more of a "problem" in the general perception.

Unfortunately for some, old racist stereotypes DO play into it. A lot of morons out there still believe that Mexicans are lazy bums that take naps in the middle of the afternoon, despite the fact that they risk death coming into this country to bust their asses in jobs that most Americans don't want.

The Asian immigrants don't get tagged with the same thing, probably because they do buy businesses, and maybe because Asian stereotypes have been a little bit kinder in recent decades (i.e. "they're really good at math")

Being on the northern end of the country, I'm more concerned with Canadian immigration. I will NOT be forced to speak French or learn the metric system, goddamn it!

Nickdfresh
03-31-2006, 02:19 AM
Its really sad that we are just choosing to focus on the Mexicans. Apparently we have no problem with Asian communities who refuse to assimilate and are here just as intensely as mexicans. The only thing is they are landing at LAX, not walking across a border, which is much more "flashy" for news cameras.

Disclaimer, my wife is a first generation Mexican American. Her father was granted Amnesty in 86. Out in the open, there.

My point is, the racial overtones have no part of this debate. I sense them creeping in and I feel it in the city. They are going to push LA into a race war and that is stupid. They should quietly enforce what is already on the books, equally to all groups and let things happen naturally. All this macho posturing is pointless.

Excellent post.

You're not going to solve anything by making illegals "felons." you're only going to further overcrowd prisons and drive up spending...

Big Train
03-31-2006, 03:01 AM
The Felon thing I don't think people are thinking through either. By "aiding or employing a felon" in my neck of the woods, 3/4 of Orange County would be felons, a large political base to disrupt, just by virtue of employment.

Secondly, all you who want to round up everyone point blank and toss them, think about the economics of it, beyond "don't take my job". The housing market in Southern California is red hot. Removing say 7 million people from metro los angeles (whom I doubt would go quietly or non-destructively) would pop the national real estate bubble like a zit. 7 Million people leave a lot of open space, making home and apartment prices plummet to earth, making socal a more desirable destination that it already is (lil hometown pride, sorry). Which depresses the national real estate market further. With all the interest only loans being floated and jumbo loans, a steep and sudden drop in equity is going to break a lot of banks. That is just the tip of the iceberg of my thoughts on it, just economically.

I think everyone needs to settle down and really ponder this for a bit.

ULTRAMAN VH
03-31-2006, 06:25 AM
Big Train your points are well taken, but as far as the felon hypothesis goes, I will just add that as of 2002, 29 percent of illegal aliens are sitting in our prison system. I am sure that number has grown exponentially in the past three years. Guess who is picking up the tab for that??? Legal American citizens.

Guitar Shark
03-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Check out who Chimpy chose to sit next to at immigration and trade talks in Mexico today... none other than Chevron CEO David O'Reilly.

Warham
03-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Bush's policies have been less than stellar...in fact, you could say they downright are horrid regarding illegal immigration.

I'm nonplussed with my party's reticence to do anything serious about it.

jcook11
03-31-2006, 05:01 PM

Yet................

ODShowtime
03-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Yet................

Holy shit... Jcook. I ain't seen your ass in ages! be cool man

rustoffa
03-31-2006, 10:04 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/files/images/Illegal-Mexican-Jump-C.article.jpg
STAMFORD, CT—In response to criticism over World Wrestling Entertainment hiring policies, World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon defended the league's reliance on Mexican wrestlers as "the only way fans can witness the grueling, bone-crunching maneuvers that American wrestlers want nothing to do with."

McMahon made the remarks after the Border Patrol, an unaffiliated Texas-based tag team known for wrestling masked Mexicans and then reporting them to Immigration and Naturalization Service officials, revealed that dozens of illegal Mexican wrestlers join the WWE each year.

The wrestlers, also known as "jobbers," come in search of greater title opportunities and more interesting storylines than those available in their small, unorganized Lucha Libre leagues.

"These masked luchadores are hard-working, energetic, and always willing to learn new skills that Americans consider beneath them—such as being power-bombed from the top turnbuckle or chokeslammed through the announcer's booth," said McMahon on this week's WWE Raw.

"The idea that these Mexicans are somehow stealing jobs from American wrestlers is ridiculous,"McMahon said.

"After all, someone's got to take these folding chairs to the face." McMahon then picked up a folding chair and whacked Rey Mysterio Jr. in the face.

It is not known exactly how many Mexican wrestlers are on the WWE payroll, since many lack Social Security numbers, or even clear and verifiable identities, as McMahon himself admitted Monday. "I know as much about these masked wrestlers as the fans do," McMahon said. "What's certain is, they often seem marvelous and mysterious, saintly, and even rude."

Yet some American-born wrestlers say they see the influx of Mexicans as a threat to current titleholders, with some going so far as to start on-camera feuds and challenge the Mexicans to special "Retirement Matches."

"Juventud Guerrera, you're headed for your own personal Day of the Dead," said Triple H, a noted opponent of Mexican wrestlers. "If I see you creeping down the aisle one more time, I'm going to notify the Big Boss Man, and you'll be sorry you ever crossed over into my storyline's territory."

Pro Wrestling Illustrated investigative reporter Bart Sweet said that McMahon is hiding cynical motives. "The WWE just wants these men for cheap labor they can use at non-televised house shows," Sweet said. "They believe luchadores lack the looks, personality, or basic speaking skills to headline main events. Even if one did successfully climb to the top of the company ladder, he would immediately be suplexed off of it and through a table."

Legendary Lucha Libre wrestlers Mil Mascaras and The Son of Santo, who say they always longed to cross over to the U.S. in search of the American Dream, Dusty Rhodes, claimed that the WWE is exploiting its Mexican wrestlers.

"Match after match, the world can see that the Americans hit our brethren with foreign objects like brass knuckles or barbed-wire baseball bats, but U.S. officials turn a blind eye to the abuse," Mascaras said. "When they turn around, the Mexicans are passed out in sleeper-holds, which only perpetuates the untrue stereotype that Mexican wrestlers are lazy."

According to The Son Of Santo, the brutal smackdowns that Mexican wrestlers suffer through just to earn a living have begun to take their toll.

"One of our country's greatest stars, Eddie Guerrero, has already been worked to death," The Son Of Santo said. "If the WWE continues to allow them to perform this risky, high-flying labor, many more will end up in casket matches well before their time."
link (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/46687)

Big Train
03-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Big Train your points are well taken, but as far as the felon hypothesis goes, I will just add that as of 2002, 29 percent of illegal aliens are sitting in our prison system. I am sure that number has grown exponentially in the past three years. Guess who is picking up the tab for that??? Legal American citizens.

I see your point as well. There is no doubt a cost to the system, but whats worth more when you weigh it out: 30K or so to house an imate or the billion dollar real estate and credit industries collapsing?

Yes , legal American citizens ARE picking up the tab for it, but they are NOT paying the fair rate for dozens of other labor categories. Economically, I'd say we are still wayyyyyy ahead.

Would you be adverse to America BUYING Mexico outright? These keeps coming into my head and I'm wondering what your thoughts are.

Van Funk
04-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Very interesting comments from all of you, people.
I'm writing a paper in immigration for my ENG class, and you gave me such great ideas to write about.
Here are alot of smart dudes.

FORD
04-01-2006, 01:02 AM
?

Nickdfresh
04-01-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Van Funk
Very interesting comments from all of you, people.
I'm writing a paper in immigration for my ENG class, and you gave me such great ideas to write about.
Here are alot of smart dudes.

Mexico High School, in North Carolina?

Is this a Katydiddle alias?

Nitro Express
04-01-2006, 08:01 AM
The bird flu would do us a big favor by killing half of us. That would make things less congested and open up more space. One problem with Mexico is it is overpopulated; especially Mexico City. The bird flu if it ever becomes a pandemic would be a blessing.

FORD
04-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
The bird flu would do us a big favor by killing half of us. That would make things less congested and open up more space. One problem with Mexico is it is overpopulated; especially Mexico City. The bird flu if it ever becomes a pandemic would be a blessing.

And guess which half Chimpy is hoping for.....

From what I've heard of the air pollution in Mexico City, I'm surprised ALL the birds there aren't sick.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-01-2006, 02:30 PM
I would not wish ill will on anyone, even Ford, but we are due for a Global Cleansing. I think Mother Earth is just about at the end of her rope with the human race. As for buying out Mexico, I don't think that arrogant jingoistic bag of dicks, Vincente Fox is going to put it up for sale. He is content with our President allowing all his problems to migrate to our country. I mean Fox really has it made. His government is corrupt, he has the American Government in his hip pocket and he is cleansing his country of all the poor. Meanwhile all the poor come over here, bust their rear ends and send the money back to their families which I am sure he gets a cut from. Oh and don't forget that money being sent back to The Fox is TAX FREE!!!!!!

Big Train
04-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Cleansing their poor? Do you hear yourself? By your statement, Mexico will be a uptopia in 10 years.

The families staying in Mexico aren't getting any richer my friend. Neither is the guy who is working here to send the money back. He is most likely just getting by and sending what he can. But yes, their government is fucked. The 3rd Richest man in the world is a Mexican.

For all you wall-builders, why not a SINGLE call on our president to pressure the Mexican government to action to help their people? Not one. Please tell me why. You don't want them here right? You want them to stay in their land right? Or does building a wall just sound sexier to you?

ULTRAMAN VH
04-01-2006, 07:19 PM
You will get no argument from me about the problems lying within the Mexican Government. But your right, our Government is not doing a thing about it. Our Government sticks it's nose in everybody else's business except the country that is invading us. Figure that one out.

Nickdfresh
04-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Immigrant protests hit New York

Saturday, April 1, 2006; Posted: 7:08 p.m. EST (00:08 GMT)

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/US/04/01/immigration.rallies.ap/story.ny4.immigr.cnn.jpg
Thousands of immigrant protesters march across the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City on Saturday.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Thousands of immigrant rights supporters formed a line stretching more than a mile long Saturday as they marched across the Brooklyn Bridge, waving flags from more than a dozen countries as they demonstrated against possible immigration reform in Congress.

Heralded by a cacophony of trumpets, whistles and drums, the crowd of mostly Latin Americans gathered in downtown Brooklyn and trudged a path laden with symbols of the city's immigrant strength on their way to a plaza in lower Manhattan.

The marchers mustered in a neighborhood settled by the Dutch, crossed a bridge designed by a German, and finished in a square at the edge of Chinatown in an area that once held the Irish slums depicted in the 2002 film "Gangs of New York."

On the way, they passed the Statue of Liberty, hot dog carts run by Middle Easterners, taxis driven by Russians and police officers speaking Chinese.

More than 10,000 people flooded Foley Square, turning it into a sea of colorful banners and echoing noise. The crowd came dressed in the colors of Mexico, Uruguay and Ecuador, but just as many draped themselves in red, white and blue.

"If you hurt immigrants you are hurting America," read a sign held by one marcher. Others read "We are your economy" and "I cleaned up ground zero."

There were demonstrations across the country this week against legislation already approved in the House, which would make it a felony to be in the U.S. without the proper immigration paperwork.

Competing legislation under consideration in the Senate would take an opposite approach and give the estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the U.S. a chance at citizenship.

"We came to say that we're here," said George Criollo, who arrived in New York a decade ago from Cuenca, Ecuador. "We have to speak, legal or illegal. We have to speak about this issue."

Criollo, who said his family was in the United States illegally, feared that legislation could lead to his deportation or jailing. In the House, legislation already has passed that would set penalties for anyone who knowingly assists or encourages illegal immigrants to remain in the country.

In Costa Mesa, California, about 500 people protested the crackdown on illegal immigrants.

"Aiding my kids should not be a crime," said Dagoberto Zavala, 52, who immigrated from El Salvador to the Santa Ana area, and said he brought his two children into the United States illegally. "Congress needs to know the laws we have don't work."

Last year, the Costa Mesa City Council approved a policy that would give local police in certain cases the authority to enforce federal immigration law. The plan, which would be the first in the nation, still must be approved by federal officials.

Link (http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/01/immigration.rallies.ap/index.html)

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

BigBadBrian
04-01-2006, 09:52 PM

"Aiding my kids should not be a crime," said Dagoberto Zavala, 52, who immigrated from El Salvador to the Santa Ana area, and said he brought his two children into the United States illegally. "Congress needs to know the laws we have don't work."

Find his illegal kids and send their asses back to El Salvador.

Switch84
04-01-2006, 11:14 PM
Cleansing their poor? Do you hear yourself? By your statement, Mexico will be a uptopia in 10 years.

The families staying in Mexico aren't getting any richer my friend. Neither is the guy who is working here to send the money back. He is most likely just getting by and sending what he can. But yes, their government is fucked. The 3rd Richest man in the world is a Mexican.

For all you wall-builders, why not a SINGLE call on our president to pressure the Mexican government to action to help their people? Not one. Please tell me why. You don't want them here right? You want them to stay in their land right? Or does building a wall just sound sexier to you?

:( I believe you're too close to the source to have an unbiased view, Big Train. Not in a million years would I advocate buying Mexico! The same people that bitch about Bush being in the 'nation-building' business catches a case of selective amnesia and suggests insane options such as yours. If we're going to buy Mexico, then let's buy Iraq, Israel (they do get a shitload of aid from us), Sudan, whatever.

I'm a firm believer in we need to clean our own house before we can make comments about other's being dirty.

The main reason Bush is being such a punk bitch about the illegal aliens issue is due to his siter-in-law being Mexican. He's catering to the La Raza crew to keep little brother Jeb in the governor's seat.

See? I'll dog Bush when I feel he's fumbling the football...

LMAO

Ally_Kat
04-01-2006, 11:29 PM
So that's why the trains where empty and only white people were on them. I'm being so serious here. I was wondering what was going on AND I was in Manhattan most of the day. The area they marched thru is the deadest on weekends. Lesson learned - when we want to reach people with our message, plan ahead carefully.

Switch84
04-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
So that's why the trains where empty and only white people were on them. I'm being so serious here. I was wondering what was going on AND I was in Manhattan most of the day. The area they marched thru is the deadest on weekends. Lesson learned - when we want to reach people with our message, plan ahead carefully.

:D Grrl, some of these closet case bubbas down here would've LOVED having the MARTA trains to themselves! In all seriousness, what message are they sending? I'll tell ya what they're saying...

FUCK AMERICA AND HER LAWS! WE'RE HERE, WE'RE ILLEGAL, GET USED TO IT!

Ally_Kat
04-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D Grrl, some of these closet case bubbas down here would've LOVED having the MARTA trains to themselves! In all seriousness, what message are they sending? I'll tell ya what they're saying...

FUCK AMERICA AND HER LAWS! WE'RE HERE, WE'RE ILLEGAL, GET USED TO IT!

yeah, but what fun is it travelling to and from school without having at least 2 mariachi bands coming into the car and randomly start playing us a concert?

Nickdfresh
04-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Find his illegal kids and send their asses back to El Salvador.

If it's made a felony; he'd go to prison, and it's pretty cloudy what will happen to the kids...

Aren't you the one screaming for the most draconian and unworkable solution?

BigBadBrian
04-02-2006, 09:11 AM
If it's made a felony; he'd go to prison, and it's pretty cloudy what will happen to the kids...

Aren't you the one screaming for the most draconian and unworkable solution?

I say if they are here illegally, get them the fuck out. :)

Big Train
04-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:( I believe you're too close to the source to have an unbiased view, Big Train. Not in a million years would I advocate buying Mexico! The same people that bitch about Bush being in the 'nation-building' business catches a case of selective amnesia and suggests insane options such as yours. If we're going to buy Mexico, then let's buy Iraq, Israel (they do get a shitload of aid from us), Sudan, whatever.

I'm a firm believer in we need to clean our own house before we can make comments about other's being dirty.

The main reason Bush is being such a punk bitch about the illegal aliens issue is due to his siter-in-law being Mexican. He's catering to the La Raza crew to keep little brother Jeb in the governor's seat.

LMAO

Am I being a punk bitch cause I disagree with you Brian?

I could be too close from it or you could be too far from reality. Remains to be seen. It's a drastic option, which I said from the beginning, but it is actually feasible, where the other countries you mentioned are not. And it isn't nation building if we own it. It's keeping America No. 1, with huge amounts of national resources and untapped labor, who coincidentally, can be taxed the bag out of.

There is no way 12 million people are going to go peacefully. And in the process there will be so many skeletons coming out of those closets it won't be funny (How many prominent conservatives are employing illegals...Bernie Kerik anyone?). This is about having it both ways without thinking about it. Your hardass approach is real sexy on paper, but useless in the real world. But I suppose I'm too close to that world.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
I say if they are here illegally, get them the fuck out. :)

That's because you're a simple minded dolt that fails to consider anything beyond the basic black and white...

Guitar Shark
04-03-2006, 02:04 AM
I think we've found a job for Brian... deporting all these illegals by himself. I'm sure they will treat him kindly :)

guwapo_rocker
04-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by sisca
send the fuckin border jumpers home. all they do is strain our economy and litter our society by having so many fucking unwanted children.

Who's gonna fix your car?:D

Steve Savicki
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
http://community.livejournal.com/azjournal/1488923.html

I don't even want to get involved in that discussion.

BigBadBrian
04-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I think we've found a job for Brian... deporting all these illegals by himself. I'm sure they will treat him kindly :)

We'll let you defend all these illegals when they have problems with the law....for free. :)

BigBadBrian
04-05-2006, 11:22 PM
That's because you're a simple minded dolt that fails to consider anything beyond the basic black and white...

All you do is insult me anymore, Nick.

Your act is getting tired and boring.

Try again.