PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chicks are back, and "Not Ready to Make Nice" with Busheep!

FORD
03-27-2006, 04:01 AM
http://www.frontpagepublicity.com/dixiechicks/images/Site_01.jpg

Here's a sample of the lyrics.....

I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

To read the rest, and hear the song, click here (http://www.dixiechicks.com/)

YEEEEHAAAAW!

FORD
03-27-2006, 04:05 AM
DIXIE CHICKS SLATED TO RELEASE
HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED FOURTH ALBUM
TAKING THE LONG WAY
ON MAY 23, 2006

All Fourteen Tracks Co-Written by the Dixie Chicks
and Produced by Rick Rubin

New York, NY – March 10, 2006 – Superstars, renegades, innovators, heroes, villains, and moms - over almost a decade, the Dixie Chicks have grown from a band into a phenomenon. Now more than ever, the eyes of the world are on them, and with TAKING THE LONG WAY, they come out swinging, surpassing the pressures and expectations history has placed upon them. The nine time Grammy-Award winning Sony Recording artists will release this highly-anticipated fourth album (Open Wide/Columbia/Sony BMG) on May 23, 2006.

With TAKING THE LONG WAY, one of the most anticipated albums in recent years, the Dixie Chicks are putting themselves out there like never before. For the first time, every one of the disc's fourteen songs are co-written by the Chicks themselves, exploring themes both deeply private and resoundingly political. Collaborating with legendary producer Rick Rubin (who has worked with everyone from Johnny Cash to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, from Run DMC to Neil Diamond), the biggest-selling female band in history has truly pushed themselves to new heights both as writers and as performers.

"Everything felt more personal this time," says Natalie Maines. "I go back to songs we've done in the past and there's just more maturity, depth, intelligence on these. They just feel more grown-up."

Rubin assembled a band including Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith, session hero Larry Knechtel, and Heartbreakers Benmont Tench and Mike Campbell, and matched the Chicks with co-writers including Dan Wilson (who wound up collaborating on six of TAKING THE LONG WAY's songs), Pete Yorn, and Gary Louris of the Jayhawks.

Inspired by such classic rock artists as the Eagles, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and the Mamas and the Papas, TAKING THE LONG WAY adds a sweeping, Southern California vibe to the Chicks' down-home intimacy. That ambition is matched with lyrics addressing everything from small-town narrow-mindedness ("Lubbock or Leave It") to the psychology of celebrity ("Everybody Knows").

Not just "big for a country band" or "big for a big female band," the Dixie Chicks are a multi-platinum selling act in North America, Europe and Australia as well as one of a mere handful of acts with multiple albums achieving "diamond" status (meaning sales over 10 million copies) - both WIDE OPEN SPACES (1998) and FLY (1999) hit that stratospheric landmark - and have won nine Grammy awards. Their on-stage reputation has helped them sell over $100 million worth of concert tickets, and outspoken songs like "Goodbye, Earl" made it clear that this power trio played by nobody's rules.

And that was all before Natalie Maines's comments about a fellow Texan, President George W. Bush, during a London appearance in March, 2003 really put the Dixie Chicks in the headlines. The resultant uproar - complete with boycotts and death threats - is the focus of TAKING THE LONG WAY's defiant first track, "Not Ready to Make Nice." "The stakes were definitely higher on that song," says Robison. "We knew it was special because it was so autobiographical, and we had to get it right. And once we had that song done, it freed us up to do the rest of the album without that burden."

The results cover an impressive range of territory. "Silent House" examines the emotions that come from watching an older relative struggle with Alzheimer's. "It's So Hard When It Doesn't Come Easy" addresses infertility, an issue that both Robison and Maguire have faced. The Chicks debuted the gospel-inflected "I Hope," co-written with Keb' Mo, during last year's telethon benefiting the victims of Hurricane Katrina; the album version features a blistering guitar solo by John Mayer.

"This album was total therapy," says Natalie Maines. "I'm way more at peace now. Writing these songs and saying everything we had to say makes it possible to move on."

Details are forthcoming on a worldwide Dixie Chicks concert tour that will kick-off this summer.

fryingdutchman
03-27-2006, 05:47 AM
FORD....please.

Are you a country music fan.....or just a fan of any musician(s) who hate Bush?

I'm no fan of George W. myself (nor a fan of country music), but Natalie Maines is a hypocritical cunt who needs work on her internal edit button.

She likes to slam Toby Keith and claim that some of his music is just jingoistic drivel that makes country music look "ignorant." She fancies herself to be a high-class, "worldly" country singer.

I guess she forgets her little diddy about killing a guy named "Earl" and stuffing him in the trunk of a car.

This isn't about her rebellion, or her freedom of speech. It's about stirring the publicity pot because her talentless little trio has been largely ignored for the past two years.

blueturk
03-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman
FORD....please.

I'm no fan of George W. myself (nor a fan of country music), but Natalie Maines is a hypocritical cunt who needs work on her internal edit button.

She likes to slam Toby Keith and claim that some of his music is just jingoistic drivel that makes country music look "ignorant." She fancies herself to be a high-class, "worldly" country singer.

I guess she forgets her little diddy about killing a guy named "Earl" and stuffing him in the trunk of a car.

This isn't about her rebellion, or her freedom of speech. It's about stirring the publicity pot because her talentless little trio has been largely ignored for the past two years.

It's fucking ridiculous to be virtually banned from the airwaves for speaking out against the president. The actions of country stations around the country only helped perpetuate the "us against them" mentality that Bush has fostered since he took office.
As for Toby Keith, he's just an opportunist, claiming to be a Democrat as he drinks wine at the White House with Dubya. Favorite quote from Keith: "My daddy used to say 'we don't have enough money to be Republicans.' Well, I DO have enough money". A classic Bush Republican.

http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news/12061704

Warham
03-27-2006, 07:26 AM
Defending Natalie Maines using the roundabout way, blue?

ULTRAMAN VH
03-27-2006, 07:44 AM
Wow, those Dixie Chicks are so tough and scary. All dressed in black. I am shaking in my boots. And those lyrics, gosh!!!! If they come to my town, I will just hide under the bed, till their show is over.

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 07:48 AM
FORD....please.

I never like da Dixie Chickiess until they hated Bush.

I still don't listen t2o da Dixie Chickies music.

"Earl", cowboy, hillbilly drive by shooting song, and where t2o stuff da body. Typical song.

I cun't wait f4or their Sperm Donar song!

:spank:

blueturk
03-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Warham
Defending Natalie Maines using the roundabout way, blue?

If that wasn't direct enough for you, how's this:

It's a fucking shame that someone can be blacklisted in this day and age simply for criticizing the president. Especially when that person is right. Oh yeah, and fuck Toby Keith.

Warham
03-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by blueturk

It's a fucking shame that someone can be blacklisted in this day and age simply for criticizing the president. Especially when that person is right. Oh yeah, and fuck Toby Keith.

Yeah, they were really blacklisted. #1 albums and #1 tours...

They were really punished.

Nickdfresh
03-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, they were really blacklisted. #1 albums and #1 tours...

They were really punished.

There were still a lot of stations that refused to play them and, I could be wrong but, a few that publicly smashed their albums in Naziesque ceremonies of allegiance to fearless cheerLEADER...

Again, politicians can co-opt messages in pop music to give fodder to the masses and get their uber-patriotic messages through, but no one can form an anti-establishment opinion as a musician?

BTW, has anyone ever panned that half-assed drivel "Proud To Be An American" by that no name pedestrian opportunist Mark-whoever-he-is (and get a cheap and easy hit --even though the tune sucks)...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2006, 09:00 AM
FORD....please.

EXACTLY. If you think that three blonde musicians from down south are going to cause any major stirrings in a) the White House war room, or b) any "retardlicans" living room, than you're even more deranged than previously suspected.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
There were still a lot of stations that refused to play them and, I could be wrong but, a few that publicly smashed their albums in Naziesque ceremonies of allegiance to fearless cheerLEADER...

In fairness, how is that any different from the way you guys are constantly bashing Ann Coulter or, say, Brit Hume? You rarely if ever talk about her politics, you only ever seem to bring up that she has a grotesquely obvious adam's apple.

I mean, really, people express their freedom of expression by destroying a couple of albums (and who really gives a shit???), and you call them Nazis, when really no one put a gun to their heads to incinerate the albuims...they did it by CHOICE. And that's AMERICAN.

BigBadBrian
03-27-2006, 09:15 AM

Business decisions are a bitch in the real world, huh? When you're a station in an area predominantly listened to by Bush supporters, you give the people what they want....not to have the offender's music played. Nobody was banned anywhere. :cool:

Nickdfresh
03-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
In fairness, how is that any different from the way you guys are constantly bashing Ann Coulter or, say, Brit Hume? You rarely if ever talk about her politics, you only ever seem to bring up that she has a grotesquely obvious adam's apple.

I mean, really, people express their freedom of expression by destroying a couple of albums (and who really gives a shit???), and you call them Nazis, when really no one put a gun to their heads to incinerate the albuims...they did it by CHOICE. And that's AMERICAN.

Firstly, I don't bring up Ann Coulter, other people do... And who the hell even remembers Brit HUME? I think he's on FOX now, right?

And in her extended diatribes that are mostly factually inaccurate, Coulter has made some rather ridiculous racist statements regarding Muslims, Democrats, whatever as monolithic groups rather than on a case by case basis, judging a whole group by the actions of a relative few individuals (kind of like the Germans did the, oh, Jews during WWII). If I remember correctly, the CHICKs made ONE statement about A President, not about Republicans in general, and and some attempted to ban from making a living, corporate reactionaries with known ties to the current government (i.e. Clear Channel)...

Freedom of speech is opposing someone using words, not banning and blacklisting them. THAT IS NAZIESQUE! And I didn't call them "Nazis," I merely said their actions bore some key resemblances to them --which are baby steps to fascism. And I've also said that it's bullshit that Hollywood liberals would attempt to blacklist Republican actors (aka Bruce Willis, whom I like)...

Ann Coulter still gets invited to speak at colleges...

Nickdfresh
03-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Business decisions are a bitch in the real world, huh? When you're a station in an area predominantly listened to by Bush supporters, you give the people what they want....not to have the offender's music played. Nobody was banned anywhere. :cool:

God, are you really this much of a hypocrtical stupid bitch?

The first to cry and moan about "FORD's censorship,"but anyone that disagrees with him is an "offender" now???

They were taken off the play list, which is banning, due to political affiliations and statements. If trailer park fuckwits don't want to hear them, then they can change the station or put on some Box Car Willie tapes...

These were the same hicks that pitched a fork in their overalls the minute the heard the Dixie Chicks song previously... The Chick's music, from what I've heard, was apolitical...

This is a public service announcement
With guitar
Know your rights all 3 of them
I say
Number 1: You have the right not to be killed
Murder is a CRIME!
Unless it was done by a
Policeman or aristocrat
Number 2: You have the right to food money
Providing of course you
Don't mind a little
Humiliation, investigation
And if you cross your fingers
Rehabilitation
Wang! Young offenders! Know your rights
Number 3: You have the right to freeeee
Speech as long as you're not
Dumb enough to actually try it.
Know your rights
These are your rights
All 3 of 'em
It has been suggested
In some quarters that this is not enough!
Well..............................
Get off the streets
Get off the streets
Run
You don't have a home to go to
Smush
Finally then I will readd you your rights
You have the right to remain silent
You are warned that anything you say
Can and will be taken down
And used as evidence against you
Listen to this
Run
--The Clash

Cathedral
03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I was never a fan of their music to begin with so the whole blacklisted thing was wasted on me.
I don't give a crap what she says about anything, she has the right to do so.
But if other people chose not to support them based on their politics, hey, that's their right as well.

Maybe if celebrities stuck to doing their jobs and didn't try to use their position to influence others, things would be a whole lot more peaceful for them.

I do have to give them credit for one thing though, they didn't back down and that is TOTALLY American, baby, lol.

Cathedral
03-27-2006, 09:34 AM
P.S. I'd totally sex up those sisters, i'd throw a bon bon out into the yard to keep Natalie's fat ass occupied though.

Without makeup she is a complete dog, really...but the sisters?

They look great in their genes, lmmfao.

Nickdfresh
03-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Natalie looks like she's lost weight...

I'm not a fan of "new" country, and never liked their music all that much. But I'd make them all preggers, like the really hot one was a while back...

POJO_Risin
03-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Who gives a fuck about the Dixie Chicks...

and who gives a fuck about who plays them and who doesn't...

If I'm a Jewish backed station...I don't play Christian music...

so fucking ban away...

and it won't stop the Dixie Hags from making money...

those CD that are getting smashed...are getting bought first...

freedoms don't just include speach...but choosing to listen as well...

so who gives a fuck...really...

Everybody has an opinion...and if they want to lace their music with it...good for them...it's why our country is as good as it is...

Roy Munson
03-27-2006, 11:07 AM
I like their bluegrass influence. I have listened to their music and I must confess to liking some of it.

That being said, I still think they are a bunch of whiney bitches. Would I refrain from buying their album? Probably not if I like the music enough.

The problem I have sometimes is that I love certain musicians and bands but hate their politics. Where does a person draw the line? I normally just choose to enjoy the music and ignore the message.

FORD
03-27-2006, 12:42 PM
FORD....please.

I like some country music. Mostly the old school like Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson. Prefer Hank Sr to Bocephus. Thought Garth Brooks was the greatest live act of the 1990's. And yes, I like the Dixie Chicks too.

Why? She said she was ashamed to be from the same state as the Chimp. It wasn't a popular opinion in Texas at the time, but with Junior's popularity now down in the low 30's, there's probably a lot of Texans who now are saying the same thing. Hell, I'm ashamed to be from the same state as Ted Bundy and the Green River Killer. I'm ashamed that my former late senator Scoop Jackson once employed some of the PNAC bastards that are destroying this country. Good thing I don't sing country, I guess.

I guess you forgot that Earl was a wife beating piece of shit. I thought the song was hilarious myself, but then I'm often accused of having a dark sense of humor.

Talentless? No, in recent years, there have been certain little Freeper Sluts who can't sing a note live to save their soul. And when their first live appearance is on FAUX News, it's pretty obvious what their purpose is. Catapult the propaganda, as the Chimp himself says.

The Dixie Chicks write their own songs, they have killer harmonies, they all play instruments and that alone makes them more talented than a lot of today's country singers, where Nashville often keeps singers and songwriters in seperate barns (so to speak) so they can control the output.

Buck Owens has been eulogized all over the world in the last couple of days for doing his music the way he wanted to, and the Dixie Chicks have done the same. I think Buck would have approved.

The_KiD
03-27-2006, 12:59 PM
They just plain suck.. Who fucking cares what they write or do? Anti Bush or Pro Bush, I could not give a shit..

Next...

KiD

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
They just plain suck.. Who fucking cares what they write or do? Anti Bush or Pro Bush, I could not give a shit..

Next...

KiD
Y'know, ya doon't see dis a lot.

Dis is a perfect post, by The_KiD.

uh uh uh u hu hu huh u hu hu hu h

I'm giving The_KiD mmmy vote t2o boost him up t2o 7 votes.

fryingdutchman
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM

It's a fucking shame that someone can be blacklisted in this day and age simply for criticizing the president. Especially when that person is right.

They weren't so much blacklisted as they were ABANDONED by their audience.

The bottom line is this....

The primary fan base of country artists and country music are patriotic, flag-waving good ol' boys (and girls) who don't like it when you speak ill of the Commander in Chief. (Even if he is a clueless douche...)

They had to know what they were getting into before Natalie opened that giant cakehole of hers....

If not, then shame on them for not relating to their core audience.

FORD
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Thw whole incident was similar to the episode in 1966 when John Lennon joked about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus.

Never mind that the statement was the truth. In Jesus' last public appearance, He lost an opinion poll to a thief and murderer.

The same right wing reactionaries who burnt Beatles albums in 1966 were burning Dixie Chicks albums in 2003. Some people NEVER learn.

fryingdutchman
03-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I guess you forgot that Earl was a wife beating piece of shit

No...I didn't forget that. And I certainly don't condone spousal abuse. I too found the song amusing and took it in the spirit in which it was intended.

My point was that for all the criticism they hand to other artists for doing what they perceive to be "lowbrow" anthems, they should realize that a song condoning murder (even in a comedic way) is not exactly "classy."

Do you support the death penalty, FORD? Or just vigilante justice when it's belted out in a catchy tune by three marginally attractive southern girls bouncing their titties around in a cutesy video?

I know I'm sounding argumentative and snippy...which is not my intent. I actually respect your arguments FORD, even though I don't agree with many of them.

It's obvious that you do your research and are very well-rounded.

Right or wrong...that's still cool.

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Thw whole incident was similar to the episode in 1966 when John Lennon joked about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus.

Never mind that the statement was the truth. In Jesus' last public appearance, He lost an opinion poll to a thief and murderer.

The same right wing reactionaries who burnt Beatles albums in 1966 were burning Dixie Chicks albums in 2003. Some people NEVER learn.
Were they da SAME people?

Aff they were da same peeps how come they never AGED 40 years between 1966 and 2003? huh

I thought so.

Da nexxt step is BIRD FLU!

FORD
03-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Were they da SAME people?

Aff they were da same peeps how come they never AGED 40 years between 1966 and 2003? huh

I thought so.

Da nexxt step is BIRD FLU!

They could have been literally the same people, or they could have been the descendants of the same people taught to believe the same stupid hatred.

What's the difference?

The_KiD
03-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Phil theStalker
Y'know, ya doon't see dis a lot.

Dis is a perfect post, by The_KiD.

uh uh uh u hu hu huh u hu hu hu h

I'm giving The_KiD mmmy vote t2o boost him up t2o 7 votes.

Thank you Phil....

BigBadBrian
03-27-2006, 01:41 PM
God, are you really this much of a hypocrtical stupid bitch?

The first to cry and moan about "FORD's censorship,"but anyone that disagrees with him is an "offender" now???

I see I was able to press your buttons.

I can play your reactions better than the Dixie Chicks can play their music.

:cool:

FORD
03-27-2006, 01:43 PM
No...I didn't forget that. And I certainly don't condone spousal abuse. I too found the song amusing and took it in the spirit in which it was intended.

My point was that for all the criticism they hand to other artists for doing what they perceive to be "lowbrow" anthems, they should realize that a song condoning murder (even in a comedic way) is not exactly "classy."

Do you support the death penalty, FORD? Or just vigilante justice when it's belted out in a catchy tune by three marginally attractive southern girls bouncing their titties around in a cutesy video?

I honestly can't remember ever seeing the video, but I don't have any problem with Southern girls bouncing their titties in any case. As for the death penalty, I have mixed feelings about it. DNA evidence has recently exonerated people who, tragically, were already executed for crimes they didn't commit. Guilt should be established beyond any reasonable doubt before the death penalty is even considered. If that's the case, a spousal murder with a history of abuse would definitely be on my list for the "Chair" or the "Needle" or whatever they do these days. However, I would NOT apply the death penalty to the wife who fought back in self defense. Though I wouldn't recommend throwing the body in the trunk and dumping him in the lake.

I know I'm sounding argumentative and snippy...which is not my intent. I actually respect your arguments FORD, even though I don't agree with many of them.

Thanks. And argue all you want in this forum. That's what it's for.

It's obvious that you do your research and are very well-rounded.

Right or wrong...that's still cool.

I encourage everyone to do the same. Don't accept "FORD's Wacko Liberal Conspiracy Theories" and don't accept the BCE lies. Reasearch both, along with any other alternate views you can find on a subject and determine what sounds like the truth to YOU. :cool:

BITEYOASS
03-27-2006, 01:50 PM
THE BITEYOASS ONE LINER OF THE DAY! :D

I usually prefer the Dixin Chicks myself!

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 01:55 PM
I see I was able to press your buttons.

I can play your reactions better than the Dixie Chicks can play their music.

Dat's why yoo're well liked here, BBB.

Yer like a little kitten amoung cats.

We sit around and say, "Watch da little kitten play wit da ball aff yarn and git all tangled up."

And then yoo doo tit.

Ah, youth.

Phil theStalker
03-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BITEYOASS
THE BITEYOASS ONE LINER OF THE DAY! :D

I usually prefer the Dixin Chicks myself!
I like da DIxie Kikes, t2oo.

Is dat a O1ne LIner aff da Day? huh

FORD
03-27-2006, 02:03 PM
The Dixie Chicks sing Goodbye Saddam (http://www.bobrivers.com/audiovault/downloads/files/troops/Goodbye%20Saddam.mp3) :D

Warham
03-27-2006, 02:14 PM

BTW, has anyone ever panned that half-assed drivel "Proud To Be An American" by that no name pedestrian opportunist Mark-whoever-he-is (and get a cheap and easy hit --even though the tune sucks)...

That was Lee Greenwood, Nick.

So patriotic tunes are off limits now? I suppose that means no more national anthems at sporting events then?

Warham
03-27-2006, 02:17 PM

The Beatles were never more popular than Jesus, and it was a joke.

FORD, the people who burned Beatles albums were primarily Democrats from the South.

FORD
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
The Beatles were never more popular than Jesus, and it was a joke.

FORD, the people who burned Beatles albums were primarily Democrats from the South.

Not in 1966 they weren't. They had all moved to the Republican party after LBJ signed the civil rights bill .

And Lennon wasn't entirely joking. Here's the full statement in context:

"Christianity will go," he said. "It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue about that; I'm right and I will be proved right. We're more popular than Jesus now. I don't know which will go first -- rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."

Lennon actually turned out to be a prophet. Both Rock n Roll (as Elvis & Chuck Berry intended) and Christianity (as Jesus intended) are pretty much dead these days :(

Warham
03-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Ridiculous. Christianity is alive and well in the world today. Rock 'n roll, on the other hand, has been replaced by rap music in the mainstream.

Christianity only appears to be dead to you because of the kind of society we live in here in America, especially with liberalism on the march the last forty years.

Lennon was a good musician, great actually, but he wasn't too bright sometimes in matters pertaining to religion and faith or other aspects of life, like parenthood and marriage.

FORD
03-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Ridiculous. Christianity is alive and well in the world today. Rock 'n roll, on the other hand, has been replaced by rap music in the mainstream.

Christianity only appears to be dead to you because of the kind of society we live in here in America, especially with liberalism on the march the last forty years.

Lennon was a good musician, great actually, but he wasn't too bright sometimes in matters pertaining to religion and faith or other aspects of life, like parenthood and marriage.

Like Cathedral's been saying lately, what passes for "Christianity" in this world (especially when it comes to politics) is far closer to Satan worship than it is the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Show me ONE leader of the so called "Christian right" who operates under the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Just one. I doubt you can.

Warham
03-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Like Cathedral's been saying lately, what passes for "Christianity" in this world (especially when it comes to politics) is far closer to Satan worship than it is the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Show me ONE leader of the so called "Christian right" who operates under the teachings of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Just one. I doubt you can.

I'm not sure I agree with Cat on that one.

Christianity isn't some kind of complicated belief system. It's quite simple, so simple Jesus warned people (including his disciples) that they must be more like children if they are to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

True, Satan does want our attention diverted from Jesus Christ, but I wouldn't go so far as to say most Christians are in fact unwilling Satanists.

Politicians have a hard time operating under Jesus Christ's teachings, because they have to cater to people of all beliefs, including athiests. I believe Jesus separated politics and faith.

Cathedral
03-27-2006, 03:52 PM

You won't find them, not in politics, and you are correct on your point.
A child of God and a follower of the word will have no bad fruits, and like i've said, i have yet to see a church leader who is 100% on the mark in the modern church.

If anyone in politics were of the Word their mission would be to rid the system of any and all inequities that are contrary to the Word of God.

I've never seen that person, nobody has because they don't exist.

FORD
03-27-2006, 03:54 PM
If you read Anton LaVey's doctrines (founder of the "Church of Satan") he would tell you that Satanism, in his definition, is more worship of self than of a guy in a red suit with horns and a pitchfork. And the Bible says that in the end times, men would become "lovers of themselves instead of lovers of God"

Satan's crime, after all, was attempting to exalt himself above God.

The doctrines of the BCE come a lot closer to LaVey's philosophy than they do the Sermon on the Mount.

Warham
03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
If you read Anton LaVey's doctrines (founder of the "Church of Satan") he would tell you that Satanism, in his definition, is more worship of self than of a guy in a red suit with horns and a pitchfork. And the Bible says that in the end times, men would become "lovers of themselves instead of lovers of God"

Satan's crime, after all, was attempting to exalt himself above God.

The doctrines of the BCE come a lot closer to LaVey's philosophy than they do the Sermon on the Mount.

Everybody in Congress, Republicans and Democrats want their constituents to vote for them, period. Whatever it takes, from George W. Bush to Ted Kennedy, it's no different.

Cathedral
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
But I would go as far as to say they are unwilling Satanists because they are not abiding by the entire Word of God.
Their fruits tell on them, Warham.
Sure they don't attend Satanc ritual, but they aren't covered by the blood of Jesus either and that by default aligns them with Satan.

Politicians have more than a hard time, they have an "impossible" time adhering to the Word of God and will be judged as such if they do not repent before they die.

You have to go all the way back to the Tabernacle in the Old Testament. there were more books written about it than any other because the Tabernacle is the "blueprint" on how to build God's Temple...and "We" are that Temple.
There are 50 books in all and they are all the "pattern" by which we measure ourselves to construct that Temple.
The modern church teaches people that they can build it better "their" way.....and that's why we'll spend 40 years walking in circles as Moses and his people did if we don't get back to the basics.

I have come to understand that we cannot understand the New Testament without understanding the Old.
if you pull a thread in Genesis, you will see it move in Revelation.

Chrisitanity means many things to many peoople, you have said it yourself in the past.
That is not what I call "simple", brother.

People need to get away from their denominations and traditions and get back to the "patern", the "blueprint", the Tabernacle, or Mishkan.

If you get some time here's some good reading for you:
Exodus 25: 8-9
Hebrews 10: 1
Ezekiel 43: 10-12
Hebrews 8: 5

God will allow us to lean to our own understanding, and we'll walk in circles until we turn away from our pride and do as he has said.
not close to what he said, not almost what he said, but "exactly" as he said.

If your a politician, you're lost, period.
If you are in the world system and a respector of men, you're lost, and that's the simplicity of it all.
We aren't supposed to please everyone, that's a futile thought.
but we are suppsoed to please God, and that is 100% possible.

FORD
03-27-2006, 04:23 PM
In this country, the Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land. And just as Lucifer was an angel who swore allegiance to God, George Bush Jr. took an oath to the Constitution.

But Chimp, on several occasions, has considered himself above the law, including the Constitution.

Just as Lucifer considered himself to be above God.

The Chimp is therefore literally Satanic. And that's not even addressing his love of death and violence.

Warham
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
FORD, alot of presidents have considered themselves above the law...Bush, Clinton, Nixon, blah...blah...blah...

Don't get so caught up in Bush. He'll be gone in two years. GOD warns us not to get carried away with things going on here. Our eyes should be looking up, not any other direction. The Kingdom of Heaven is not of this earth.

There's nothing Bush is doing that GOD isn't aware of, or doesn't control at the end of the day. All things work towards good in the end.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
FORD, alot of presidents have considered themselves above the law...Bush, Clinton, Nixon, blah...blah...blah...

Don't get so caught up in Bush. He'll be gone in two years. GOD warns us not to get carried away with things going on here. Our eyes should be looking up, not any other direction. The Kingdom of Heaven is not of this earth.

There's nothing Bush is doing that GOD isn't aware of, or doesn't control at the end of the day. All things work towards good in the end.

Indeed, worry not about global warming or corruption or flossing your teeth. God will be here soon and take away all of our problems.

Cathedral
03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
The world bagan and will end according to God's plan, period.
We are but the pawns in search of the "Light", or "Truth"..

God Bless, see y'all Thursday night... ;)

Warham
03-27-2006, 05:14 PM
God bless, Cat.

See ya Thursday.:)

BigBadBrian
03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Cathedral
But I would go as far as to say they are unwilling Satanists because they are not abiding by the entire Word of God.
Their fruits tell on them, Warham.
Sure they don't attend Satanc ritual, but they aren't covered by the blood of Jesus either and that by default aligns them with Satan.

Sounds like the Democratic Party to me.

:gulp:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/o/i/dean_blows_top.jpg

jcook11
03-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Who gives a flying fuck what these skanks think I would bang them though,

Nickdfresh
03-28-2006, 10:14 AM
That was Lee Greenwood, Nick.

So patriotic tunes are off limits now? I suppose that means no more national anthems at sporting events then?

I didn't say that, did I...

What I said was anyone can run up the flag and write a pop-tune, even if the lyrics are bad, forced poetry opportunistically capitalizing on a wave of patriotic fervor... Some would say it's a trite and cheap way to get a hit...

FORD
03-28-2006, 12:28 PM
I didn't say that, did I...

What I said was anyone can run up the flag and write a pop-tune, even if the lyrics are bad, forced poetry opportunistically capitalizing on a wave of patriotic fervor... Some would say it's a trite and cheap way to get a hit...

Just ask Paul McCartney.

That 9-11 cash in he wrote was as bad as anything Sammy Hagar ever thought of.

Nickdfresh
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
The only decent songs to come out of that mess was "Let's Roll" by Neal Young, and of course --SPRINGTEEN'S "The Rising."

---Bruce Springsteen

"The Rising"

Can't see nothin' in front of me
Can't see nothin' coming up behind
I make my way through this darkness
I can't feel nothing but this chain that binds me
Lost track of how far I've gone
How far I've gone, how high I've climbed
On my back's a sixty pound stone
On my shoulder a half mile of line

Come on up for the rising
Come on up, lay your hands in mine
Come on up for the rising tonight

Left the house this morning
Bells ringing filled the air
Wearin' the cross of my calling
On wheels of fire I come rollin' down here

Li,li, li,li,li,li, li,li,li

There's spirits above and behind me
Faces gone black, eyes burnin' bright
May their precious blood bind me
Lord, as I stand before your fiery light

I see you Mary in the garden
In the garden of a thousand sighs
There's holy pictures of our children
Dancin' in a sky filled with light
May I feel your arms around me
May I feel your blood mix with mine
A dream of life comes to me
Like a catfish dancin' on the end of my line

Sky of blackness and sorrow (a dream of life)
Sky of love, sky of tears (a dream of life)
Sky of glory and sadness (a dream of life)
Sky of mercy, sky of fear (a dream of life)
Sky of memory and shadow (a dream of life)
Your burnin' wind fills my arms tonight
Sky of longing and emptiness (a dream of life)
Sky of fullness, sky of blessed life

knuckleboner
03-28-2006, 01:32 PM
DNA evidence has recently exonerated people who, tragically, were already executed for crimes they didn't commit.

um...i'm not sure that's actually happened. we know that a number of people who were on death row have been released because of DNA testing. and i'm definitely not saying that no innocent person has ever been executed. but i don't believe that DNA testing has proven the innocence of an executed person. at least not yet.

and whether it does or doesn't, i'm still opposed to the death penalty.

matt19
03-28-2006, 03:48 PM

so its alright to say what u believe in like the dixie chicks... but u bitch about someone who is doing the same thing just because they dont agree with u? like toby keith...?

Nickdfresh
03-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
um...i'm not sure that's actually happened. we know that a number of people who were on death row have been released because of DNA testing. and i'm definitely not saying that no innocent person has ever been executed. but i don't believe that DNA testing has proven the innocence of an executed person. at least not yet.

and whether it does or doesn't, i'm still opposed to the death penalty.

Actually, there were several instances of this in CHICAGO, where corrupt DAs put to death innocent men for crimes they didn't commit...

Warham
03-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I'm still in favor of the death penalty, mistakes or not.

knuckleboner
03-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Actually, there were several instances of this in CHICAGO, where corrupt DAs put to death innocent men for crimes they didn't commit...

not calling BS on you, but do you have any articles, etc.? (i tried searching on chicago, DNA, death penalty. couldn't find anything). i am fairly certain that when VA executed one of our recent prisoners, i read that his post-death DNA test was supposedly going to be the 1st time that DNA evidence exonerated an executed person. the test came back guilty.

blueturk
03-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by matt19
so its alright to say what u believe in like the dixie chicks... but u bitch about someone who is doing the same thing just because they dont agree with u? like toby keith...?

Toby Keith is a fucking hypocrite. That's my bitch with him.

Ally_Kat
03-28-2006, 06:23 PM
They weren't so much blacklisted as they were ABANDONED by their audience.

Exactly. And you have to factor in this -- if your listeners are bitching the Dixie Chicks' politics and saying they don't want to hear a song and if they do that they'll turn the radio off or switch to a station that isn't playing their song, station owners are going to listen up and please their audience. Why? Because if they lose listenership, then what they can sell their ads for slips.

It has nothing to do with banning the Dixie Chicks or trying to end their career. A bunch of no-market radio stations in the South aren't going to be able to accomplish that. It's pandering to the audience and trying to keep them.

If you ask me, that whole thing got them A LOT of NATIONAL publicity and made them well-known in markets WITHOUT country stations. It helped them become a crossover success story in areas where HipHop is king because a lot of people in stronger markets were asking, "Who are these Dixie Chicks and and can you play a song?" Want an example? Z100 here is a Top 40 music station that panders to the pre-teens and then teenagers of NY, NJ, and Conn. Suddenly you couldn't turn the radio on without hearing the Dixie Chicks each hour. They were #1 on the nightly countdown show for a month and a half, they were discussed on the morning shows, they came and did interviews. No one here likes country. No one here knows what country music is.

So someone tell me how again they were punished/blacklisted/censored.

Warham
03-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Toby Keith is a fucking hypocrite. That's my bitch with him.

But I'm sure you love the Dixie Chicks, right?

Satan
03-28-2006, 06:36 PM

Toby Keith is a hypocrite because he's in his late 20's and sings hate anthems to make money. If he wants to put a "boot in someone's ass" then he should go to his local military base and sign up for the illegal war he wants to promote.

Nickdfresh
03-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by knuckleboner
not calling BS on you, but do you have any articles, etc.? (i tried searching on chicago, DNA, death penalty. couldn't find anything). i am fairly certain that when VA executed one of our recent prisoners, i read that his post-death DNA test was supposedly going to be the 1st time that DNA evidence exonerated an executed person. the test came back guilty.

The Chicago Tribune ran an EXPOSE. (http://www.soci.niu.edu/~critcrim/wrong/tribpros.html)

Here are some more links...

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=1&did=50

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/law/jan-june00/deathpenalty_2-4.html

David Lee Rocks
03-28-2006, 07:41 PM
I think The Dixie Chicks are cool, anybody who hates George W. Pussy is ok by me, they should be allowed to say what they think, Im from Texas, and I hate the mother fucker also!!

blueturk
03-28-2006, 09:51 PM

Actually, I wouldn't know a Dixie Chicks song if I heard one. Defending Toby Keith using the roundabout way, Warham?

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." —George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000

Warham
03-28-2006, 10:01 PM
Actually, I wouldn't know a Dixie Chicks song if I heard one. Defending Toby Keith using the roundabout way, Warham?

"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness." —George W. Bush, in a CNN online chat, Aug. 30, 2000

No, I'm just wondering why Toby Keith is even in this conversation.

This is about those three Texas Twits.

FORD
03-28-2006, 10:18 PM

Probably because he was leading the slander against the Dixie Chicks in the first place.

Warham
03-28-2006, 10:48 PM
They brought the slander on themselves.

If you're going to make political statements in your music, be prepared for the fallout.

Artists that keep politics out of their music are smart. Don't piss off any of your buying public.

Switch84
03-28-2006, 11:12 PM
:D Who cares what some redneck cuntry cousins have to say about anything outside of trailer parks, making moonshine, NASCAR and fucking their relatives? They must've drunk the same Kool-aid as Kanye West...

Buwhahahahahahaha!

FORD
03-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Kanye West had a valid point as well, but he was only partially right. It's not that George Bush don't care about Black people. It's really that George Bush doesn't care about ANYONE who makes less than $500,000/year.

rustoffa
03-28-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Switch84
:D Who cares what some redneck cuntry cousins have to say about anything outside of trailer parks, making moonshine, NASCAR and fucking their relatives? They must've drunk the same Kool-aid as Kanye West...

Buwhahahahahahaha!

At least Toby Keith is smoking dope with Willie Nelson on occasion. Who knows what's going on with that trio of twisted twattage? Fucking Rubin, he probably recorded that album in a giant chicken of the sea can!

Rubin: "Alright, forget about the hollow sound...it's going to work. Have you girls met Tom Petty?"

Petty: "Goddamn....it stinks in here! Oops....no disrespect ladies."

Rubin: "Alright, let's take 40 and meet back at the studio."

Switch84
03-28-2006, 11:55 PM
Kanye West had a valid point as well, but he was only partially right. It's not that George Bush don't care about Black people. It's really that George Bush doesn't care about ANYONE who makes less than $500,000/year.

:rolleyes: Kanye doesn't feel the love for a 'broke nigga' unless he/she is buying his CDs, concert tickets, ghetto gear and other unnecessary shit! More often than not, 'Laquisha and Tyrone' are spending the welfare check she's getting (for their bastard children) on Kayne/Ludacris/50 Cent's merchandise. The situation for those roof-riding 'Pookies' was fucked up long before there was a Hurricane Katrina! It was also a situation they themselves caused. Is it Bush's fault that motherfuckers don't practice birth control? NO. Is it Bush's fault that the education level of these 'victims' is one of the lowest in the country? NO. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth by a longshot, but my parents and elder relatives valued education and stayed on my ass to make sure I didn't end up an idiot teenage single mother riding the welfare gravy train. I attended public schools, a junior college then spent four years in the Air Force. Granted,I've had my hard knocks and even faced lay-offs, but never once did I 'blame whitey'. I wasn't raised to view my brown skin as a detriment. My relatives didn't buy into the 'victim' mentality. Nobody owes you SHIT. We all have to try our best and take responcibility for our own lives and own up to the consequences of our actions. A hurricane doesn't move like a tornado...you have plenty of time to escape it. I for one wouldn't have hung around in da crib watching BET waiting around for the 'guh'ment' to save me! If I was told today that in 5 days Atlanta would suffer a major catastrophe,I'd be on the next thing smoking out of this bitch. Hell, if I had to walk out of here I'd be gone! How much do you value your life and what would you do to preserve it is the question.

matt19
03-29-2006, 02:14 PM

Dont fucking take shit outta context...

FORD
03-29-2006, 04:23 PM

Are you that Hitler Youth kid who turned in his teacher to the local Gestapo for daring to speak against Herr Chimpführer?

matt19
03-29-2006, 04:33 PM
no and i think that he should have been able to say what he wanted.. but i dont think that you should bad mouth toby keith for doing the same shit the dixie chicks do

FORD
03-29-2006, 04:42 PM
Toby Keith is a hypocrite because he is promoting a war, but he refuses to fight in it.

And this standard should apply to all Busheep ages 18-35, as far as that goes.

You're 19. If you support the Chimp's war, why don't you sign up?

blueturk
03-29-2006, 07:01 PM

What the hell are you talking about?:confused:

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Put this shit in House of Music...fuck that...throw it in The Dump!

ULTRAMAN VH
03-29-2006, 07:45 PM
In reference to post 74, very well said Switch84!!!

matt19
03-29-2006, 08:30 PM
Toby Keith is a hypocrite because he is promoting a war, but he refuses to fight in it.

And this standard should apply to all Busheep ages 18-35, as far as that goes.

You're 19. If you support the Chimp's war, why don't you sign up?
I tried i cant pass the physical but i tried... at least im not quivering like a little bitch hiding behind my fucking politics... fucking dems always piss and whine about the same shit u pull... go pull your head out of hillary clintons ass and bitch about something that matters.. cause your opinon sure doesnt!

FORD
03-29-2006, 08:47 PM
I tried i cant pass the physical but i tried... at least im not quivering like a little bitch hiding behind my fucking politics... fucking dems always piss and whine about the same shit u pull... go pull your head out of hillary clintons ass and bitch about something that matters.. cause your opinon sure doesnt!

I can assure you that my head has never been, nor ever will be, up Hillary Clinton's ass. Literally or figuratively. Actually you should like her. She votes for the Chimp's agenda most of the time.

And about 70% of the country agrees with my opinions on the Chimp. So kindly fuck off, and come back after you have lived in the real world a while, kid.

BigBadBrian
03-29-2006, 10:12 PM

This is about those three Texas Twits.

Agreed.

http://www.neatostudio.com/fr/squishychicks.gif

Nickdfresh
03-29-2006, 10:36 PM
They brought the slander on themselves.

If you're going to make political statements in your music, be prepared for the fallout.

Artists that keep politics out of their music are smart. Don't piss off any of your buying public.

Yeah, be good bitches and don't use your freedom of expression...

BTW, does that hold true for musicians that suck the balls of any sitting President?

Nickdfresh
03-29-2006, 10:39 PM
Agreed.

http://www.neatostudio.com/fr/squishychicks.gif

Golly BigBallessBrianne, whatever would you be without animated GIFs, Dean cartoons, and op-ed pieces??

diamondD
03-30-2006, 01:08 AM
You've never posted a picture in a thread?? :confused:

Where would you be without 40 posts a day? With a woman maybe? Perhaps a life?

diamondD
03-30-2006, 01:29 AM
Oh, I forgot.

Nitro Express
03-30-2006, 01:35 AM
The Motor City Madman Ted Nugent once said the Dixie Chicks could really play their instruments well. He said they were good musicians. I'm not that familiar with them.

Toby Kieth kills brain cells.

Shania Twain just makes me want to fuck her.

Buck Owens was a fucking ledgend.

Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash was the real shit!

Warham
03-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Yeah, be good bitches and don't use your freedom of expression...

BTW, does that hold true for musicians that suck the balls of any sitting President?

Like I said, use your freedom of expression, but be prepared for the fallout.

Just because you have a freedom doesn't mean everybody's going to love what you have to say.

DrMaddVibe
03-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Like I said, use your freedom of expression, but be prepared for the fallout.

Just because you have a freedom doesn't mean everybody's going to love what you have to say.

NEWSFLASH!!!

NOBODY cares what nicker00 and douchemachine have to say.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
NEWSFLASH!!!

NOBODY cares what nicker00 and douchemachine have to say.

Yeah, they're just lining up to read your ADHD, mindless Republi-whore rantings...

matt19
03-30-2006, 05:12 PM
I can assure you that my head has never been, nor ever will be, up Hillary Clinton's ass. Literally or figuratively. Actually you should like her. She votes for the Chimp's agenda most of the time.

And about 70% of the country agrees with my opinions on the Chimp. So kindly fuck off, and come back after you have lived in the real world a while, kid.

I might not be as old and senile as you but i do vote that makes me just as important as you ... and good one about being up hillary clintons ass im not gonna lie that was a good comeback... and she does... you are right point taken... but everyone shouldnt hound on him for doing the same things as other celebs

BigBadBrian
03-30-2006, 06:01 PM
I might not be as old and senile as you but i do vote that makes me just as important as you ... and good one about being up hillary clintons ass im not gonna lie that was a good comeback... and she does... you are right point taken... but everyone shouldnt hound on him for doing the same things as other celebs

I agree with you, Matt.

I think it's great that a 19-year old like yourself is interested in political matters, no matter what side of an issue you choose.

:)

Warham
03-30-2006, 06:11 PM

I agree with Brian.

Stick around, matt. We need young opinions around here.

matt19
03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
thank you

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:01 PM
thank you

Your welcome.

Hopefully your not one of them crackpots that's posted over at the DU or Daily KOS. ;)

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:03 PM
I agree with you, Matt.

I think it's great that a 19-year old like yourself is interested in political matters, no matter what side of an issue you choose.

Yeah right. You'd call him a traitorous commie lib if he didn't agree with you hick.

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Yeah right. You'd call him a traitorous commie lib if he didn't agree with you hick.

Nick, be nice to the new members here, please.

You've scared enough of them away already.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:14 PM
Nick, be nice to the new members here, please.

You've scared enough of them away already.

Brianne's a new member? Actually, I remember him trying to 'scare me' away at one point...

And if anybody is scared by my posts, they're a big pussy that shouldn't post here anyway...

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Brianne's a new member? Actually, I remember him trying to 'scare me' away at one point...

And if anybody is scared by my posts, they're a big pussy that shouldn't post here anyway...

matt doesn't share the same IP as Brian, Nick.

He's a new poster.

If you don't have anything nice to say, well...

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
matt doesn't share the same IP as Brian, Nick.

I wasn't responding to Matt19 Warham.:) Do you actually read my posts? Seriously, check it again...

He's a new poster.

If you don't have anything nice to say, well...

I don't have anything to say to him at this point.

matt19
03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
Your welcome.

Hopefully your not one of them crackpots that's posted over at the DU or Daily KOS. ;)

i dont even know what that is.. so i guess im not lol

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:41 PM
i dont even know what that is.. so i guess im not lol

Good man!

;)

matt19
03-30-2006, 08:42 PM

Im not scared

matt19
03-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Good man!

;)

Explain what that is tho lol

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Explain what that is tho lol

They are two wacked-out loony liberal forums where they claim George W. Bush is the 2nd coming of Adolph Hitler.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Im not scared

You shouldn't be. I'm the nicest guy there is...:)

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:46 PM
They are two wacked-out loony liberal forums where they claim George W. Bush is the 2nd coming of Adolph Hitler.

Well, the DU is a little out-there at times for my tastes...

But the Daily Kos is a very respected blog. The fact that you've heard of them is proof in the pudding...

matt19
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Ha ha... wouldnt the second coming be re encarnation... and dont liberals hate religon.. and morals lmfao

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, the DU is a little out-there at times for my tastes...

But the Daily Kos is a very respected blog. The fact that you've heard of them is proof in the pudding...

And there are right-wing websites that are nutty as well.

matt19
03-30-2006, 08:48 PM
You shouldn't be. I'm the nicest guy there is...:)

im sure that you are... and i look forward to many intellegent discussions with you in the future.

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:49 PM
im sure that you are... and i look forward to many intellegent discussions with you in the future.

Just make sure you use proper grammar.

There are teachers present. :)

matt19
03-30-2006, 08:49 PM
And there are right-wing websites that are nutty as well.

ill agree with that... im not too religiously fundementalist lol

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Just make sure you use proper grammer.

I didn't know Bri, Elvis, and 'Vibe were "teachers." Well, not in that sense that I think you're driving at...

matt19
03-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Just make sure you use proper grammar.

Ill try lol:D

Warham
03-30-2006, 08:51 PM
I didn't know Bri, Elvis, and 'Vibe were "teachers." Well, not in that sense that I think you're driving at...

Wasn't talking about those guys.

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Then why bring up spelling/grammar?

matt19
03-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Then why bring up spelling/grammar?
Sarcasm?

Nickdfresh
03-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Sarcasm?

Or cluelessness...:)

FORD
03-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Did 4morequeers change his name? Seems about the same mentality, and grasp of the English language?

Switch84
03-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
At least Toby Keith is smoking dope with Willie Nelson on occasion. Who knows what's going on with that trio of twisted twattage? Fucking Rubin, he probably recorded that album in a giant chicken of the sea can!

Rubin: "Alright, forget about the hollow sound...it's going to work. Have you girls met Tom Petty?"

Petty: "Goddamn....it stinks in here! Oops....no disrespect ladies."

Rubin: "Alright, let's take 40 and meet back at the studio."

:D BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Russ Baby, you crack me UP! Those girls do look funky, and not in a kick ass musical way.

Warham
03-31-2006, 07:01 AM
Sarcasm?

No, Nick was supposedly in the teaching business. I have no proof, just first hand comments and speculation.

He probably wasn't an english teacher, but my joke wasn't meant to be taken literally that way.

Besides, spelling errors are spotted out sometimes around here.

Nickdfresh
03-31-2006, 10:59 AM
No, Nick was supposedly in the teaching business. I have no proof, just first hand comments and speculation.

Why would you even care? I have no 'proof' that you ever went to college... Why would I have to prove anything to you, a guy that only engages in base Sophist and semantical horseshit every other post?

He probably wasn't an english teacher, but my joke wasn't meant to be taken literally that way.

Besides, spelling errors are spotted out sometimes around here.

WARHAM, again, you're a bland douche tube... Your point in bringing this up is what?

Firstly, capitalize "English" (it's a proper noun, fool) if you're going to flame me via the forced and contrived grammar route, while you are apparently questioning my credentials (based on nothing I said or did in this thread), and attempting to do so with a little nudge and wink.

Spelling errors are only spotted out by assholes that have no other game. Correctness-obsession on a Forum message board is just frankly gay, and I have only ever called out hypocrites that try to turn things into a spelling contest, like your sock puppet friends Elvis and BigBlandBrianne... The only time I've ever flamed any one is when their syntax is so shitty that I can't understand what the fuck they are trying to say, or, they are too lazy to attempt to spell out, and use the 'u r' stuff when bitching at me...

Nickdfresh
03-31-2006, 12:05 PM
BTW, WARBOT, I can tell that you're a fine salesmen, a used car one no doubt.:)

Warham
03-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Why would you even care? I have no 'proof' that you ever went to college... Why would I have to prove anything to you, a guy that only engages in base Sophist and semantical horseshit every other post?

It wasn't meant as an insult, Nick, so why are you taking it as one?

Haven't you said on MORE than one occasion that were a teacher at one point, or were you lying?

WARHAM, again, you're a bland douche tube... Your point in bringing this up is what?

Firstly, capitalize "English" (it's a proper noun, fool) if you're going to flame me via the forced and contrived grammar route, while you are apparently questioning my credentials (based on nothing I said or did in this thread), and attempting to do so with a little nudge and wink.

Spelling errors are only spotted out by assholes that have no other game. Correctness-obsession on a Forum message board is just frankly gay, and I have only ever called out hypocrites that try to turn things into a spelling contest, like your sock puppet friends Elvis and BigBlandBrianne... The only time I've ever flamed any one is when their syntax is so shitty that I can't understand what the fuck they are trying to say, or, they are too lazy to attempt to spell out, and use the 'u r' stuff when bitching at me...

Maybe you should check out some of those drugs that were mentioned in here a couple days ago.

Then again, it is hard to control PMS.

Warham
03-31-2006, 03:12 PM
BTW, WARBOT, I can tell that you're a fine salesmen, a used car one no doubt.:)

I'm not a used car salesman. Doesn't pay enough for my standard of living. ;)

matt19
03-31-2006, 03:29 PM

didnt u complain later about people over using correctness... then corrected him later in this thread?

4moreyears
04-01-2006, 11:03 AM

they were black listed because the customers of the Radio Station (the listeners) were turned off by them. In the business world you adapt by meeting the needs of your clients. Name me one successful business in which clients have a choice that is successful by ignoring it's customers?

blueturk
04-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by 4moreyears
... Name me one successful business in which clients have a choice that is successful by ignoring it's customers?

The oil business. Damn, that was easy.

Switch84
04-01-2006, 11:41 AM

:D No SHIT, Turk Baby! Let's not forget the other energy businesses...electrical (Edison, Georgia Power, etc), water, and natural gas pimps. I live in Georgia and know people who's heating bills are as high as my friends and family back in MICHIGAN! What the FUCK???

This isn't a Republican/Democrat thing...this is a MONEY THING!

He who has the most toys, wins.

FORD
04-01-2006, 12:02 PM
:D No SHIT, Turk Baby! Let's not forget the other energy businesses...electrical (Edison, Georgia Power, etc), water, and natural gas pimps. I live in Georgia and know people who's heating bills are as high as my friends and family back in MICHIGAN! What the FUCK???

But it IS a Republican thing. Because one specific group of Republicans (the BCE) have been behind every Republican administration since 1952. And the ties between the BCE and the oil industry, from Texas to Saudi Arabia to Iraq are well known. The only Democratic president with that kind of connection to the oil industry was LBJ, and he left office 38 years ago.

The Republicans also control both houses of Congress at the moment. This means they chair all the committees, and are therefore mostly in charge of what bills make it to the floor. Why haven't they done anything to restrain these price fixing oil company thieves? I'm guessing the answer lies in their own stock portfolios.

Unfortunately we won't get any regulation on false oil prices OR progress on alternative energy until we evict these bastards from Washington DC permanently

Ally_Kat
04-01-2006, 12:31 PM

we barely use any heat or electricity in the house. We've somehow been able to cut our usage in half so far each month since October. Yet, we pay more than we did last year at our peak usage.

It's ridiculious that i'm using half of what I did last month and I'm pay MORE than last month.

And at least here I know it's local politics and companies, not the fictional BCE

FORD
04-01-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
we barely use any heat or electricity in the house. We've somehow been able to cut our usage in half so far each month since October. Yet, we pay more than we did last year at our peak usage.

It's ridiculious that i'm using half of what I did last month and I'm pay MORE than last month.

And at least here I know it's local politics and companies, not the fictional BCE

The BCE (which is obviously NOT fictional) references were to the gas & oil prices. Electricity isn't BCE - specific, but it IS due to the Republican deregulation fuckfests.

I've had higher electric bills this winter than last winter as well, even though in this state it was the mildest winter in decades. I don't even think the power & gas company (same entity) reads the damn meters anymore, they just "estimate" your usage, based on what you used for the same month last year.

Of course when they overestimate, which is definitely the case this winter, they don't refund your money.

It's time to re-regulate all the utility companies and make them public owned. And I don't mean stockholders.

Geezus, is this thread getting off topic or what?

Warham
04-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I didn't have higher bills this year.

I guess New Hampshire is free of the BCE.

FORD
04-01-2006, 03:46 PM

Or it could just mean that the N.H.P.U.C. (http://www.puc.state.nh.us/Regulatory/companies-regulated-tariffs.htm) does their job well.

Nickdfresh
04-01-2006, 04:27 PM
It wasn't meant as an insult, Nick, so why are you taking it as one?

Haven't you said on MORE than one occasion that were a teacher at one point, or were you lying?

No, you just brought it up out of the blue innocently even though it had nothing to do with anything.

Maybe you should check out some of those drugs that were mentioned in here a couple days ago.

Then again, it is hard to control PMS.

What are you using these days? Midol? Pamprin?

Nickdfresh
04-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Did 4morequeers change his name? Seems about the same mentality, and grasp of the English language?

No, I don't think so...

Ally_Kat
04-01-2006, 11:02 PM

You're also Bloomberg free.

Ally_Kat
04-01-2006, 11:05 PM
It's time to re-regulate all the utility companies and make them public owned. And I don't mean stockholders.

So they can be run as craptacular as the DMV, Social Security, and the schools? I think I'd rather pay the arm and the leg for the little I use.

Switch84
04-02-2006, 12:33 AM
So they can be run as craptacular as the DMV, Social Security, and the schools? I think I'd rather pay the arm and the leg for the little I use.

:D I second that emotion! My Michigan license expires this year and I dread the 5 hours I'll have to spend at the Secretary of State's office (our name for the DMV) getting it renewed. It takes even longer to get a new Georgia license (I've heard the horror stories from fellow transplants that moved down here).

Ally_Kat
04-02-2006, 12:55 AM
:D I second that emotion! My Michigan license expires this year and I dread the 5 hours I'll have to spend at the Secretary of State's office (our name for the DMV) getting it renewed. It takes even longer to get a new Georgia license (I've heard the horror stories from fellow transplants that moved down here).

I have only one thing to add about the school system -- invented spelling and it's now appearing as accepted in graduate school! Apparently teaching grammar and spelling is discriminatory and shouldn't be taught. And then they wonder why our kids are dumber than the rest of the world's.

When I get my classroom, I am gonna work that word wall like there is no tomorrow. Discriminatory my ass.

Nickdfresh
04-02-2006, 05:08 AM
[B]I have only one thing to add about the school system -- invented spelling and it's now appearing as accepted in graduate school! Apparently teaching grammar and spelling is discriminatory and shouldn't be taught. And then they wonder why our kids are dumber than the rest of the world's...

Who told you this? Whole language is discredited and has been on the outs...

4moreyears
04-03-2006, 08:52 PM

That is an example where there is no choice because of limited supply and demand.

Switch84
04-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I have only one thing to add about the school system -- invented spelling and it's now appearing as accepted in graduate school! Apparently teaching grammar and spelling is discriminatory and shouldn't be taught. And then they wonder why our kids are dumber than the rest of the world's.

When I get my classroom, I am gonna work that word wall like there is no tomorrow. Discriminatory my ass.

:D You GO, Grrl!! Fight the power and teach our children the correct way to speak, spell, etc! Fuck Ebonics! Fuck Spanglish! Fuck the spineless politically correct that would doom our children to idiocy!

Ally-Kat ROCKS!!!

Jesus Christ
04-03-2006, 09:50 PM
Teach them all Aramaic. Now there's a challenging language!

bobgnote
04-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by The_KiD
Thank you Phil....

bumpfromBEHIND, smarten up, kid, you're fucking stupid, ASS FIRST.

bobgnote
04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
DC cannot lead anymore.

I recommend parliamentary restructuring ASAP, new Capitol in Nebraska or somewhere, probably not South Park, Co. like Brasilia.

The US is doomed, so many illegally interested MRs, all spread out in areas we cannot now defend! DC kids need to know, YOU ARE GOING TO BE ABORTED, little shits! NY, learn to like another country. You aren't on this side, of the divide.