PDA

View Full Version : The Rats Are Continuing To Jump Ship

Hardrock69
03-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I saw the announcement by Chimpy live on CNN this morning....

WASHINGTON (AP) -- White House chief of staff Andy Card has resigned and will be replaced by budget director Joshua Bolten, President Bush announced Tuesday amid growing calls for a White House shakeup and Republican concern about Bush's tumbling poll ratings.

Bush announced the changes in an nationally broadcast appearance in the Oval Office.

"I have relied on Andy's wise counsel, his calm in crisis, his absolute integrity and his tireless commitment to public service," Bush said. "The next three years will demand much of those who serve our country. We have a global war to fight and win." (Watch Bush's announcement of Card's resignation -- 4:17)

Card stood stoically with his hands by his sides as Bush lauded his years of service through the September 11 attacks, war and legislative and economic challenges. Gripping the podium, Card said in his farewell: "You're a good man, Mr. President." Card's eyes were watery. Card said he looks forward to just being Bush's friend. Bush then gave him five quick slaps on the back and the two walked out of the Oval Office together.

The president's chief of staff manages the daily operations of the White House for the president and is involved in almost every aspect of the executive branch.

The president called Bolten a man with broad experience, both on Wall Street and in Washington, including the last three years as director of the Office of Management and Budget. (View Bolten's biography)

"Josh is a creative policy thinker," Bush said. "He is an expert on the budget and our economy. He is a man of candor and humor and directness. No person is better prepared for this important position."

"I'm deeply honored now by the opportunity to succeed Andy Card as White House chief of staff," Bolten responded. "I said, 'Succeed Andy Card, not replace him,' because he cannot be replaced."

The move comes as Bush is buffeted by increasing criticism of the drawn-out war in Iraq and as fellow Republicans have suggested pointedly that the president bring in new aides with fresh ideas and new energy.

Card came to Bush recently and suggested that he should step down from the job that he has held from the first day of Bush's presidency, said an administration official earlier.

Bush decided during a weekend stay at Camp David, Maryland, to accept Card's resignation and to name Bolten as his replacement, said the source who spoke on condition of anonymity because he did not want to pre-empt the president.

Bolten is widely experienced in Washington, both on Capitol Hill as well as at the White House, where he was deputy chief of staff before becoming director of the Office of Management and Budget.

At a White House news conference last week, Bush was asked about rumors that a shake up in the White House staff was in the works. Bush said he was "satisfied with the people I've surrounded myself with."

"I've got a staff of people that have, first of all, placed their country above their self-interests," he said at the time. "These are good, hard-working, decent people. And we've dealt with a lot. We've dealt with a lot. We've dealt with war. We've dealt with recession. We've dealt with scandal. We've dealt with Katrina.

"I mean, they've had a lot on their plate. And I appreciate their performance and their hard work and they've got my confidence," he said.

Bush said, "I'm satisfied with the people I've surrounded myself with. We've been a remarkably stable administration, and I think that's good for the country."

A veteran of the administrations of both President Ronald Reagan and the first President Bush, Card was widely respected by his colleagues in the Bush White House. They fondly called him "chief."

He usually arrived at work in the West Wing by around 5:30 a.m. and frequently did not leave until 9 or 10 p.m.

Card plans to stay on the job until April 14, when the switch with Bolten takes place.

Associates said that Card, who was secretary of Transportation and deputy chief of staff, had wanted to establish himself as the longest serving White House chief of staff. James Steelman, who was President Harry S. Truman's chief of staff, had served for six years and Card's tenure will have gone not much longer than five years.

A recent AP-Ipsos Poll found that Bush's job approval has dipped to 37 percent, his lowest rating in that poll. Nearly 70 percent of people say the U.S. is on the wrong track, a six-point jump since February. Bush's job approval among Republicans plummeted from 82 percent in February to 74 percent, a troubling sign for the White House in an election year.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/28/bush.shakeup.ap/index.html

FORD
03-28-2006, 12:25 PM
I wonder if Andy will write a book now and tell us all what he REALLY whispered into the Chimp's ear when they were using children as "human shields" in Florida on 9-11-01.

Please tell me this "Bolten" guy is no relation to Ferret Face.

DR CHIP
03-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by FORD
I wonder if Andy will write a book now and tell us all what he REALLY whispered into the Chimp's ear when they were using children as "human shields" in Florida on 9-11-01.

Please tell me this "Bolten" guy is no relation to Ferret Face.

Actually FORD, Card was watching the TV here at Booker in Sarasota becuae NOBODY knew what was going on AT ALL. Very good friend of mine was sitting next to Andy Card and they both were trying to get updates from the TV's!!!!

Your leftist propaganda doesn't hunt on this one....

Somebody there beats somebody who gets their info from leftsit sources all day long.....

Not trying to be a dick bro, but the truth is the truth....

BTW, Bush was in the air, wheels up and flanked by 16 F-16's within 22 minutes of his departure from Booker....

FORD
03-28-2006, 12:38 PM
How can that be, when Chimpy says he watched the FIRST crash in his limo on the way to the school?

DR CHIP
03-28-2006, 12:38 PM
And not that you care, because your mind is already made up but President Bush demanded that Air Force 1 take him back to Washington....that AGAINST every member of his cabinet and his advisors telling him to stay in a bunker in Nebraska....

DR CHIP
03-28-2006, 12:40 PM
And I am NOT trying to defend Bush or make him out to be the greatest President ever.....

There are PLENTY of things I disagree with him on

FORD
03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by DR CHIP
And not that you care, because your mind is already made up but President Bush demanded that Air Force 1 take him back to Washington....that AGAINST every member of his cabinet and his advisors telling him to stay in a bunker in Nebraska....

And you know this because..... he said so?

Like he said Iraq was an imminent threat to the United States?

Like he said capturing Osama Bin Laden was his #1 priority?

What HASN'T Bush lied about?

DR CHIP
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
FORD, to my knowledge from those present that day, there was a chaotic reality to what was going on.

A friend of mine who really was there that day and happened to be privy to the conversations is certain that no one really understood the complete impact of what was going on.

Andrew Card thought they were replaying the first plane on TV when in fact it was a second. They either did an Osacr job acting or there was genuine confusion.

And FORD, conspiracy aside, this is a genuinely true story from a friend who WAS there

FORD
03-28-2006, 01:10 PM

And FORD, conspiracy aside, this is a genuinely true story from a friend who WAS there

By "there" do you mean he works at the elementary school, or he was in the local media, or is he a BCE employee?

If he works for the BCE, I wouldn't accept his word if he told me the sky was blue in July.

DR CHIP
03-28-2006, 01:18 PM
No he doesn't work for Bush!

He is an individual that was there that day because of connections.....

FORD
03-28-2006, 01:57 PM
No he doesn't work for Bush!

He is an individual that was there that day because of connections.....

Would those "connections" require him to "catapult" Chimpy's propaganda?

Steve Savicki
03-28-2006, 02:06 PM
And it still hasn't been halfway through the prezzy's 2nd term!*
Think the world gets the picture now?

*EDIT: refering to rats jumping ship in general

FORD
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
And it still hasn't been halfway through the prezzy's 2nd term!*
Think the world gets the picture now?

*EDIT: refering to rats jumping ship in general

The world got the picture a long time ago. It's only 34% of this country that remains blind.

diamondD
03-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Would those "connections" require him to "catapult" Chimpy's propaganda?

Reality and the truth are bitter pills for you to swallow. It's amazing how stubborn you are to accept things that contradict the voices in your head.

diamondD
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM
And you know this because..... he said so?

Like he said Iraq was an imminent threat to the United States?

Like he said capturing Osama Bin Laden was his #1 priority?

What HASN'T Bush lied about?

And you know it isn't true because......you made it up in your head he didn't?

Like the concentration camps you said were coming?

Like the dictatorship that Bush is establishing and we aren't going to have any more elections because you said?

Like all the indictments that you said were coming down?

The circle game goes both ways..

;)

diamondD
03-28-2006, 04:50 PM
OOPS double post

Warham
03-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Andy Card leaving is nothing surprising. In fact, Bush has had more cabinet members stay longer than most administrations. Clinton's guys were bailing ship alot quicker. Usually guys will leave after the first four years, but most of W's have been staying longer than that.