PDA

View Full Version : NIRVANA Stake To be Acquired By U2's BONO?

PHOENIX
03-28-2006, 07:37 PM
NIRVANA Stake To be Acquired By U2's BONO? - Mar. 27, 2006

James Hall of the U.K.'s Telegraph.co.uk is reporting that Elevation Partners - the private equity company whose partners include Bono, the U2 singer - is thought to be the front-runner in a multi-million pound deal to acquire a stake in the back catalogue of NIRVANA, the 1990s grunge pioneers.

The publishing rights to the group's songs are currently owned by Courtney Love, the widow of Kurt Cobain, NIRVANA's singer, who committed suicide in April 1994.

Love is looking to sell a 25 percent stake in the band's back catalogue, which includes songs such as "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Come As You Are".

The deal would give any investor a cut of the royalties every time a NIRVANA song is played.

Mr. Vengeance
03-28-2006, 07:43 PM
gee..cuntney trying to cash in some more on Cobain's fucking rotting corpse. What a SHOCK!

Satan
03-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
gee..cuntney trying to cash in some more on Cobain's fucking rotting corpse. What a SHOCK!

The bitch doesn't have a choice. She's pissed away all of her own money. The only bad thing about that is that a house that Kurt purchased for his mom & sister is in Cuntney's name, and is now apparently in foreclosure. It's sad to see the Cobain family pay for that stupid bitch's mistakes. Kurt's mom & sister have probably raised Frances more than Cuntney has.

And if Bono doesn't buy the publishing, Paul McCartney probably will. He's made more money from other people's publishing than from his own songs for 20 years.

I could live with either one as long as Michael Jackson doesn't get 'em.

Though ultimately Grohl & Novoselic should get the first option. Don't know if Krist has the money, and I'm sure the bitch would do anything to spite both of them, so that might be problematic.

mako_kimura
03-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Yo, satan, is Kurt down there with you or what?

PHOENIX
03-28-2006, 08:11 PM
I think in the end that Dave Grohl will get the rights.

Terry
03-28-2006, 08:45 PM
Jeez, one would HOPE Grohl and Novoselic will still retain their rights, or at least their royalties (I'd have to imagine Cobain wrote the lion's share of the tunes, but have no idea how the band split the album profits)...

I will say that from what I've seen, at least Nirvana hasn't been the subject of many greatest hits packages and such...two live albums and a box set since Cobain's death is more or less what has been released, so at least they aren't flogging the catalog into the ground (kinda hard to when all you really got was 3 or 4 studio albums).

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 07:28 AM
And a couple of reworked Hole albums too!

What a catalog, what a cunt.

Terry
03-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
And a couple of reworked Hole albums too!

What a catalog, what a cunt.

Love can rework those Hole albums from now until forever and it won't make a difference; a piece of shit is a piece of shit is a piece of shit.

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Terry, her albums were lyrics and music that Nirvana didn't release...its obvious. The timing and the fact that she can't follow it up tells me that I'm right on that one.

Sorry for any confusion.

PHOENIX
03-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Terry, her albums were lyrics and music that Nirvana didn't release...its obvious. The timing and the fact that she can't follow it up tells me that I'm right on that one.

Sorry for any confusion.

Yeah Doll Parts is a never released Nirvana song.:rolleyes:

DrMaddVibe
03-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Yeah Doll Parts is a never released Nirvana song.:rolleyes:

You think she wrote that?

:lol:

FORD
03-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Actually Kurt only wrote the first album. Billy Corgan wrote the second. I believe Trent Resnor wrote the one after that, but I never heard anything from it, so I'm not sure.

Unchainme
03-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Actually Kurt only wrote the first album. Billy Corgan wrote the second. I believe Trent Resnor wrote the one after that, but I never heard anything from it, so I'm not sure.

This is all true. Both songs are well written and would've sounded so much better as Pumpkins and Nirvana songs.