PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone think that Carolina can beat the Rams?

Sarge
01-05-2004, 12:56 PM
The win over Dallas last weekend was a good one. but Dallas is bad team.
Are these guys for real?
They give up home field to the Rams who have won 17 straight at home..
Don't throw any money on Carolina
Sarge

Troy
01-05-2004, 01:28 PM
Carolina will not beat the Rams.

Gmoney
01-05-2004, 01:54 PM
The Rams will smoke the Pathers!!:smoke2:

BigBadBrian
01-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Rams will smash 'em. The upset will be Packers over Eagles. :D

Sarge
01-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Packers over Eagles..

I gotta go with the Eagles on that one..
I see Brett Favre having a long day

Mama's Fool
01-05-2004, 05:18 PM
The Panters play the kind of defense that the Rams have struggled with since Kurt Warner took over the team. Bulger struggles too. If Carolina doesn't turn the ball over, they win pretty easily because St. Louis will turn it over 3 or 4 times.

Little Texan
01-06-2004, 02:12 PM
If the Lions can beat the Rams, then Carolina can sure as hell do the same! I know the Rams lost on the road against the Lions, but still, any halfass decent team should beat Detroit, no matter where the game is played! The Rams aren't as good as their record, and the few times I've seen them play this year, I wasn't very impressed with them. They'll probably end up winning the game, but it will be in a squeaker. Rams 24 Carolina 21

redblkwht
01-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Mark it down, carolina doesnt have a chance.
Faulk, Holt, Bruce will deliver..Im not a fan
but see the talent in martzes scheme-

Troy
01-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, St. Louis isn't going to mess around this weekend.

I'm rooting for the Pack!

Lou
01-10-2004, 12:55 AM
I'm probably the only person who thinks that Carolina has a shot against the Rams. They have a good enough defense and if I were a St. Louis fan I'd be worried about Bulger. He throws a TON of picks and he couldn't get the job done against lowly Detroit with home-field advantage on the line. They can't just hand it off to Marshall Faulk anymore and expect him to win it for them; he's not the Marshall Faulk of old.

As far as Packers-Eagles, I'm biased but there's no chance in hell the Packers will win. First off, every #1 NFC seed has won their first playoff game the last 15 years. That's right, 15-0 since the 1988 season. Also here's another stat--when Green Bay has a home win, and then has to play on the road the next week against a team with a winning percentage of .750 or greater (which the Eagles were at 12-4 this year), they're 1-14 their last 15 games. Then finally, who the hell did they play in December? San Diego, Oakland, Chicago, and Denver who was playing all second-stringers. And the Pack STILL had to rely on a once in a lifetime upset by the Arizona Cardinals to get in. Seattle could have easily won that game last week, too. And that's saying something because Seattle was 2-6 on the road this year. My prediction: Eagles 38, Packers 14 (with one of those Pack TD's being a garbage time one).

Lou
01-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah I'd say I was right about Carolina/St. Louis :D I told you Bulger throws a lot of picks.

Little Texan
01-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Lou
I'm probably the only person who thinks that Carolina has a shot against the Rams. They have a good enough defense and if I were a St. Louis fan I'd be worried about Bulger. He throws a TON of picks and he couldn't get the job done against lowly Detroit with home-field advantage on the line. They can't just hand it off to Marshall Faulk anymore and expect him to win it for them; he's not the Marshall Faulk of old.

As far as Packers-Eagles, I'm biased but there's no chance in hell the Packers will win. First off, every #1 NFC seed has won their first playoff game the last 15 years. That's right, 15-0 since the 1988 season. Also here's another stat--when Green Bay has a home win, and then has to play on the road the next week against a team with a winning percentage of .750 or greater (which the Eagles were at 12-4 this year), they're 1-14 their last 15 games. Then finally, who the hell did they play in December? San Diego, Oakland, Chicago, and Denver who was playing all second-stringers. And the Pack STILL had to rely on a once in a lifetime upset by the Arizona Cardinals to get in. Seattle could have easily won that game last week, too. And that's saying something because Seattle was 2-6 on the road this year. My prediction: Eagles 38, Packers 14 (with one of those Pack TD's being a garbage time one).

You wouldn't be just a little bit biased in your pick there would you? :D BTW, how in the living hell did you get 173,000 on Tetris? I can't even get past that level with the V shape! The blocks fall too quickly by that time, and when you pause, it changes the blocks.

Lou
01-11-2004, 01:30 AM
You gotta get lucky in that level, get the right pieces. That's all I can really tell you.

Sarge
01-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Just like I said... Carolina wins!
:)

Hecubus
01-11-2004, 12:20 PM
HOLY CRAP WHAT A GAME THAT WAS!!!

AWESOME TOTALLY AWESOME.

Of course I can't stand the Rams, so it was super sweet.

POJO_Risin
01-11-2004, 01:18 PM
That was a great game...no doubt...

Carolina did all they could to blow it...

alls I have to say about the Panthers is look out next year...

they have two good receivers...two good backs...Delhomme is coming on...a good line...

a good front seven...

they upgrade in the secondary next year...and they'll be tough to beat...

St. Louis...on the other hand...is a fucking joke...starting with their coach...

a field goal...with thirty seconds left?...

Look...if you don't have confidence in your qb...after getting a bye...and it's in the second round of the playoffs...then you should have made a change weeks ago...

as it stands...St. Louis ranks as one of the most ridiculous bye teams in recent history...they haven't looked good in five or six weeks...and still managed to win because of Holt and Bruce...and a little bit of Faulk...

Carolina will match up well with either team next week...I'd say the best match up would be Philly though...

Hecubus
01-11-2004, 01:36 PM
I agree, Poj,

I put them in the "who'd a thunk it?" category for sure.

POJO_Risin
01-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Yeah...from the start...

John Fox seems to be one hell of a good coach though...

they love him down here...whatever that means...these days...cuz next year...he could get fired...lmfao...

redblkwht
01-11-2004, 08:58 PM
My bad, Carolina is the better team, dont look past
Philly now..the panthers may go to the big show!
we'll see, i see a good game again next weekend.

NE169
01-11-2004, 09:41 PM
That's why they play the games fellas!!

Shows how much some of us know :)

POJO_Risin
01-11-2004, 11:01 PM
I'm curious about that game...these two teams are monstrously similar...

Great D's...although Philly has the edge on the defensive front because of their secondary...

and minimalistic O's...with the ad to Philly because of McNabb's maneuverability...

I give Philly the slight nod on paper...

now...with that said...Carolina seems to have a destiny feel...

right now...I'm going to say that Philly wins this one in a close game...because of home field...with Carolina in the position that Philly's been in in the past...ready for next year...

very similar teams...but Fox is the better coach...

Sherman really fucked up...shoulda gone for it...

Va Beach VH Fan
01-13-2004, 10:53 AM
monstrously, minimalistic...

Very impressive Mr. Risin, if I do say so myself.... ;)