PDA

View Full Version : KISS 30th Anniversary Destroyer

Mr. Vengeance
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
This one actually looks like it might be worth picking up, even though it's another repackaging of stuff.

KISS and Universal Music have teamed up together again to bring out a special edition of the band's famous Destroyer album, in honor of the album's 30th anniversary. Officially the 30th anniversary took place last March, but for some reason they didn't make the deadline as the project got delayed. The new edition of Destroyer will now see the light of day on July 4th. According to a press release, there will be a 3-disc Deluxe Edition album consisting of two CD's and one DVD. Disc 1 is made up of the original 1976 album, the other CD contains demos, outtakes and different versions of the wellknown songs, while the DVD includes never before seen material from the band's archives. The tracklisting for the special edition of Destroyer is as follows: CD 1 - 'Detroit Rock City', 'King Of The Night Time World', 'God Of Thunder', 'Great Expectations', 'Flaming Youth', 'Sweet Pain', 'Shout It Out Loud', 'Beth', 'Do You Love Me?'. CD 2 - 'Detroit Rock City' (radio single mix), 'King Of The Night Time World' (instrumental), 'God Of Thunder' (outtake), 'Great Expectations' (alternate version), 'Flaming Youth' (radio single mix), 'Sweet Pain' (instrumental), 'Shout It Out Loud' (radio single mix), 'High And Low' (demo), 'Beth', 'Do You Love Me?' (demo), 'Flaming Youth' (alternate version), 'Ain't None Of Your Business' (demo), 'You've Got Nothing To Live For' (demo).

PumpedUpMidget
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Destroyer is easily their best album, and one of the all time greats.

Mr Badguy
04-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey, that looks pretty cool.

I still don`t rate "Destroyer" as Kiss` best LP, though.

I knew when the first set of remasters appeared with no bonus tracks etc. that eventually this kind of thing would happen.

Julius
04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Sorry guys, but that press release was a April Fools joke.

http://www.kisskollector.com/headlines/

Well, Saturday, April 1st has passed and it’s early Sunday morning overhere. We hope you all enjoyed our April Fool’s Day joke as much as we enjoyed preparing it during the days leading up to April 1… In no time, the joke was all over the KISS message boards (plus the “gossip board” on Metal Sludge) and even on some of the rock news sites. Of course, not all of you fell for it and immediately guessed it was an April Fool’s Day joke (we deliberately “overdid” it a bit by mentioning the Deluxe Edition package and a worldwide tour), but there were a lot of fans actually buying our “news” story (some even called the phone numbers that we made up at the end of the press release to see if they worked). The funniest thing was that some fans even thought we here at KISS Kollector Online were tricked, and that we really received a press release like that and fell for it!

Like some of you commented, this must have been one of the best KISS related April Fool’s Joke ever. It certainly was a lot of fun working on the idea and creating that “press release” (for the main part based on the actual press release for Psycho Circus), and we can’t thank the amazing designer Christopher Franchi enough for creating that awesome “advert” – he went out of his way making this fake project look so real. In fact, after seeing all the reactions that were posted yesterday, we kind of hope that this whole “hoax” triggered Paul & Gene to actually release something cool like that in the very near future. And we obviously hope that those of you who uptil now still thought it was for real, won’t be too disappointed or pissed off and will see the humor of it too. If not, we apologize – it was all in good fun (and despite to what a few of you have commented, we think it was in much better taste than the April Fool’s Day “reports” such as the one of Peter Criss having died or Paul Stanley having been assaulted by fans).

We especially would like to apologize to Jeff Suhs, Curt Gooch and Ken Sharp for using their names in the "press release" without notifying them in advance.

Mr Badguy
04-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Great.

Let`s have a laugh with Kiss.

Mr Badguy
04-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Surely the best April Fool Kiss ever did was the one where they said they were on a farewell tour.

Boy, we all fell for that one.

Julius
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Surely the best April Fool Kiss ever did was the one where they said they were on a farewell tour.

:lol:

Mr. Vengeance
04-03-2006, 05:46 PM
They fooled a lot of folks. I got that from THE source for all things metal- Hardradio.com

Va Beach VH Fan
04-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Joke or no joke, but that "30th anniversary of Destroyer" really made me feel fucking old.... ;)

Terry
04-03-2006, 08:42 PM

Classic

Terry
04-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by PumpedUpMidget
Destroyer is easily their best album, and one of the all time greats.

Think it's one in a string of their best (KISS ALIVE, DESTROYER, ROCK AND ROLL OVER, LOVE GUN), but it has several fluff songs on it...

...speaking of fluffers, I read that Flaming Youth was a reference to Paul's period of employment at an all-male bath house on Fire Island during his late teens...

Rikk
04-03-2006, 09:00 PM
That sucks. I was really excited when I read that press release. The second disc and DVD had me wetting my appetite.

Mr. Vengeance
04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Yeah...maybe the fake will get the band to actually put it out.

There's money to be made, and think of the publicity-
KISS MAKES GOOD ON APRIL FOOLS HOAX

Can't buy that kind of pub.

DavidLeeNatra
04-04-2006, 06:06 AM
Great.

Let`s have a laugh with Kiss.

the band is a laugh... ;)

Mr Badguy
04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
I don`t get it.

What`s the point of fooling your fans about something they would genuinly be interested in buying?

Especially Kiss, who would sell you any old shit?

That package is a good idea.

Vinnie Velvet
04-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Ah shit.

I fell for that one.

I'm such a fucking KISS nerd.

:D

Hardrock69
04-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Let me put it this way.

Perhaps it was a joke, but yes I fell for it as well.

I would surely buy something like that.

I don't care too much for what they do these days (the never-eneding farewell tour, the merchandising) but if they were to do some kind of special treatment of some of their older stuff like that I might buy some of it.

Oh well.

:cool:

ULTRAMAN VH
04-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Okay it was a joke, but if KISS was smart, they would do this package with a DVD of a complete concert from The Spirit Of 76 tour. That would be worth purchasing. I remember seeing an HBO special when I was a kid. It was a concert from their tour of Japan, so I know the footage is out there.

DavidLeeNatra
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
I'm such a fucking KISS nerd.

:D

indeed ;)

philouze
04-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Kiss is a joke alright...
But I respect them tho'
My favorite album is The Elder
and Unmasked (funnier than a Village People album taken on a 35th degree..)

Vinnie Velvet
04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by philouze
Kiss is a joke alright...
But I respect them tho'
My favorite album is The Elder
and Unmasked (funnier than a Village People album taken on a 35th degree..)

Shut Up!

:mad:

Terry
04-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Okay it was a joke, but if KISS was smart, they would do this package with a DVD of a complete concert from The Spirit Of 76 tour. That would be worth purchasing. I remember seeing an HBO special when I was a kid. It was a concert from their tour of Japan, so I know the footage is out there.

Just plain odd how KISS hasn't released a 1970s full-length concert DVD yet.

Pisses me off how that stuff comes out piecemeal, slapped onto shit like X-Posed, X-treme Close Up and KISS MY ASS, where I gotta wade through post-1982 vids and interviews I don't care about to get to the goods.

Flash Bastard
04-04-2006, 11:32 PM
I don`t get it.

What`s the point of fooling your fans about something they would genuinly be interested in buying?

Especially Kiss, who would sell you any old shit?

That package is a good idea.

KISS had nothing to do with the hoax, it was done by a german fan site.

Very well done, IMO.

Some of the fake artwork was killer. I'm not a big KISS fan, but I might buy a package like the one laid out.

Mr Badguy
04-05-2006, 06:05 AM
If I had done it, I would have based it around a "(Music from) The Elder: 25th anniversary edition" with all the special features.

That would have got them going.

(Although I would want to buy that as well)

ULTRAMAN VH
04-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Yeah, Terry it is frustrating. You would think money bag Simmons would listen to the early fans that want a classic concert released, instead they continue to release numerous Best Of cd's and clips/snippets of the good old days.

Vinnie Velvet
04-05-2006, 09:14 AM
A complete monster DVD package of shows from 1974-1983 would absolutely kick major ass.

Because there are so many great shows throughout those years.

From the club days to the big Brazil shows in '83.

That would be really cool.

Terry
04-08-2006, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
A complete monster DVD package of shows from 1974-1983 would absolutely kick major ass.

Because there are so many great shows throughout those years.

From the club days to the big Brazil shows in '83.

That would be really cool.

I'd sign up for that shit in a minute.

From what I've seen, looks like at the very least they could put out an entire Houston 1977 show.

1980 Down Under Tour with Carr is coming out on DVD soon, though.

FORD
04-08-2006, 12:21 PM
I was suspicious, since the whole concept sounded like a complete copy of what Bruce Springsteen just did with the "Born To Run" album.

Chaim Witz isn't above ripping off someone else's ideas, but he's not usually that obvious about it.