Douglas T.
04-03-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.sebastianbach.com/updates.html

Dirty Duck
04-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Cool....

DeadOrAlive
04-08-2006, 02:18 AM
I see Overkill, and I see that that is the only good thing there.

DeadOrAlive
04-08-2006, 02:19 AM
OH CRAP and Dio. Wow how could I miss that short superman...

mako_kimura
04-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Some of those bands I've never heard of. Are they NWOBHM bands?(Sodom and Candlemass)

bueno bob
04-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Sodom was one of the German mid 80's thrash bands...along the lines of Kreator (in fact Frank Gosdzik, Sodom's guitarist, played guitar in Kreator between '90-'96).

Candlemass is a Swedish band, doom metal (a la Saint Vitus, Electric Wizard, etc - only IMO not as good, but certainly listenable). When they split up in the early 90's, Leif Edling formed the band Abstrakt Algebra with singer Mats Leven (who sang lead for Yngwie Malmsteen on his '97 album "Facing the Animal" and followed it up by singing on his double live album "Live!!" in '98). Candlemass has since reformed and has a (relatively) new album out.

Death Angel is a Hawaiian thrash band; they were signed to both Metal Blade and Geffen in the mid '80's and were notorious for being EXTREMELY young, but very proficient musically (I think the average age within the band was 17). They split up before the 90's hit and are recently back together as well.

Motorhead, Twisted Sister, U.D.O., Saxon, Doro, Overkill, Annihilator...I'm assuming you're familiar with....

Ronnie James Dio is the FUCKING BOSS and everybody else on that list works for him.

:D

mako_kimura
04-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks. I've heard of Death Angel, and for the age thing, I was reading about them in my book, and apparently when they started, the drummer was 9

DeadOrAlive
04-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Dio has got to be the most successful dude in that line-up. I'm positive he did better than Motorhead.

mako_kimura
04-14-2006, 08:16 PM
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Electric Wizard a stoner band?

bueno bob
04-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Electric Wizard a stoner band?

ABSOLUTELY.

Electric Wizard is the HEAVIEST FUCKING BAND in stoner/doom/space rock music today.

In fact, Electric Wizard is the heaviest band playing ANYTHING today. Louder and heavier than ANYONE ELSE.

PERIOD.

Trust me on that; I KNOW.

bueno bob
04-15-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
Thanks. I've heard of Death Angel, and for the age thing, I was reading about them in my book, and apparently when they started, the drummer was 9

Sounds about right...