PDA

View Full Version : Gruesome Dog Killings Rattle Michigan Community

Matt White
04-04-2006, 12:38 PM
By SARAH KARUSH, AP

SUPERIOR TOWNSHIP, Mich. (April 4) - At first, piles of skinned animals, mostly foxes and coyotes, turned up on the edges of dirt roads in this semi-rural community outside Ann Arbor.

Though gruesome, they looked like little more than the work of a sloppy trapper too lazy to properly dispose of the carcasses.

Things took a more shocking turn on March 16, when what appeared to be someone's pet was found along with more skinned coyotes. The Rottweiler had been decapitated and its feet were bound with duct tape.

Since then, eight more dead dogs, including three without heads, have been discovered by residents and investigators with the Humane Society of Huron Valley.

Despite a reward that has swelled to at least $18,000 with donations from community members, officials have so far been unable to determine even who the dogs belonged to.

The mysterious dog deaths - now being investigated separately from the wild animal carcasses - have rattled this picturesque Washtenaw County township, dominated by empty fields and wooded preserves and dotted with old, red barns.

"There's one really, really disturbed person out there, or a couple of disturbed people."
-- Kim Hart, whose dog Duke is missing

Residents are keeping a close eye on their pets, and some have voiced fears that whoever is capable of killing and mutilating dogs is a danger to humans as well.

The community's outrage was on display recently on Vreeland Road, near the site where a medium-sized yellow dog, thought to be some kind of terrier, was found March 22.

"You will be caught! U will be punished U will Burn in Hell by God," read a sign nailed to a tree.

Township resident Kim Hart said she fears Duke, her 2-year-old Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, may have fallen victim to the dog killer or killers. He has been missing since Feb. 16.

"There's one really, really disturbed person out there, or a couple of disturbed people," said Hart, 33. "I'm hoping, obviously, that he doesn't have my dog."

Officials initially believed that the dead dogs may have gotten caught in traps, but as more dogs have been discovered, that seems less likely, said Tanya Hilgendorf, the Humane Society's executive director.

The nine dogs include three Rottweilers and three pit bulls. Hilgendorf noted that while both kinds of dogs can make good pets, they also are considered "bully breeds" and can be common "among young men who probably have aggressive tendencies." She declined to say whether that was considered significant to the investigation.

The remaining dogs are a terrier, a Labrador mix and a cocker spaniel.

Hilgendorf said none of the dogs bears signs that they were used in dogfighting and it's not clear whether they are from the area.

Investigators have not matched any of the dogs with those on the Humane Society's missing list, which takes reports from all of Washtenaw County. Hilgendorf said it's hard to draw any conclusions from that, since the decapitations, as well as decomposition, makes identifying the dogs difficult.

If they are being brought in from somewhere else, Superior Township would make a good place to drop off evidence of illicit activity. The 36-square-mile township of about 11,000 people is a rural oasis surrounded by rapid development. However, whoever dumped the dogs made little effort to hide them, dumping them on the roadside.

Willful and malicious infliction of injury to animals, including killing, is a felony punishable by up to four years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Until anyone is charged with the crimes, Hart is taking no chances with her remaining dog, 10-year-old Daisy, who is being kept on a cable.

"I don't want to take a chance of anything happening and somebody just trying to grab her," Hart said. "I'm just very protective, and this is exactly why."

http://cdn.news.aol.com/aolnews_photos/0c/05/20060404094109990022

Just outside Ypsilanti........scary shit peeps.....Serial KIller in training.....

04/04/06 03:11 EDT

guwapo_rocker
04-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Matt White
Serial KIller in training.....

Just what I was thinking. Gotta nail this freak quick!!:gun:

Diamondjimi
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
This/these ,fucker/s responsible should be caught and skinned alive.

Best bumper sticker I've ever owned ,read ...

"The more people I meet , the more I like my dog !"

Matt White
04-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Disturbing....it might be a Long summer in these parts...

bastardog
04-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Thank God I live in a diminutive island.....other way I will be a suspect judging by my avatar.

I traveled last week but I reserve my destination...:D

Vinnie Velvet
04-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I;m not crazy about dogs and have never owned one, but this is sick crime.

Anyone who is capable of mutiliating an animal like that can do the same to humans.

I agree.

Need to catch this freak before their love of dog-killing escalates to a love of people-killing.

bastardog
04-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Out of joke this sounds like a person or a group that are training to be a killer.
Doing it at nigth...and very shy
killing horrendous to get used to the blood and working on his nerves.

for sure is a killer/s in training

Matt White
04-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Yup...Ypsilanti had a serial killer years ago...I forget the name of the book on the dude...Killing chicks around EMU.....

jcook11
04-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know if this place is near the Republic of Cascadia? Just wondering.

Matt White
04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Nope...Uranus......

DrMaddVibe
04-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Was he wearing a roman helmet?

SPARTY ON!!!!!

rustoffa
04-06-2006, 10:52 PM
That's fucking weird. Gimme a link to this story, and I'll go to the source with an unmitigated challenge.

I'll put it to the serial killer in training in the simplest of terms.

"It's time to get your groove on MOTHERFUCKER! You think you got the skills that kill? Grate! How'd you like to challenge a thirty-two pound matchdog on a clay road in Georgia? I fucking PROMISE you it will be no set-up. Just you...a handgun of your choice...a knife of your choice, and a 1/2 mile walk down the aforementioned clay road. Bring the fucking duct tape too!

The fanfuckingtastic aspect of the whole deal is that the little dog isn't even a "man biter!"

That's right! She'll freak the fuck out once the radar hits, and start running along side of the road yelping...fucking full-on terror. Just about 14 inches tall....the gun thing 'ell be grate. Shoot it a few times while she yelps and runs in circles....

Eventually, you'll be immersed in hard-biting hell...you'll forget all about the knife as the happy-go-lucky little bitch slowly sends you into shock.

I promise, it'll be really quiet. No yelping.

Just you, the clay, and thirty two pounds of crystalline focus.

*THINK BRISKET*
:)

sagebrush
04-06-2006, 11:27 PM
They / He need to be put in a pin with 10 pitts give hem his duck tape , he will need it to help stop the bleeding .

NathanRay
04-06-2006, 11:43 PM
John Norman Collins

NathanRay
04-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Vreeland Road yeah I remember my buddies would drunk drive and smoke and roll this area they never got pulled over. It was thee stixs. I didn't participate too much though. This is creepy but it figures.

Matt White
04-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Sad...but true...

rustoffa
04-07-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
"It's time to get your groove on MOTHERFUCKER! You think you got the skills that kill? Grate! How'd you like to challenge a thirty-two pound matchdog on a clay road in Georgia? I fucking PROMISE you it will be no set-up. Just you...a handgun of your choice...a knife of your choice, and a 1/2 mile walk down the aforementioned clay road. Bring the fucking duct tape too!

The fanfuckingtastic aspect of the whole deal is that the little dog isn't even a "man biter!"

That's right! She'll freak the fuck out once the radar hits, and start running along side of the road yelping...fucking full-on terror. Just about 14 inches tall....the gun thing 'ell be grate. Shoot it a few times while she yelps and runs in circles....

Eventually, you'll be immersed in hard-biting hell...you'll forget all about the knife as the happy-go-lucky little bitch slowly sends you into shock.

I promise, it'll be really quiet. No yelping.

Just you, the clay, and thirty two pounds of crystalline focus.

I've received some feedback on this post, and should probably clarify that it's just plagiarized crap.
:(

guwapo_rocker
04-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I've received some feedback on this post, and should probably clarify that it's just plagiarized crap.
:(

You wouldn't do that would you Rus?:D