PDA

View Full Version : It's Official..."News" as we know it has Gone To Hell in a Gucci Handbag

LoungeMachine
04-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Couric to Announce Her Move on 'Today'

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, April 5, 2006; Page C07

Katie Couric plans to confirm this morning on "Today" that she is leaving the top-rated morning show after 15 years, and CBS will quickly announce, probably today, that she will take over the anchor chair once occupied by Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather.

Couric, 49, decided yesterday to use the occasion of her 15th anniversary, when the NBC program will be reflecting on her tenure, to look forward to the next chapter in her career, said sources at both networks and people familiar with her thinking.

The sources, who first confirmed Couric's plans Monday, had expected the CBS negotiations to drag on a bit longer, but said now the network has wrapped up the negotiations and wants to go public as soon as Couric does.

Bob Schieffer, the current CBS anchor, who had made clear that he did not want to keep the job indefinitely, said yesterday: "I hope it is true. I've known Katie for many years; she's a first-rate reporter and a terrific interviewer. I love Katie and I think she'll love CBS News."

The move by Couric, who will remain at "Today" until her NBC contract expires in May, will have repercussions throughout the broadcast schedule. NBC, which is determined to maintain its morning ratings lead, has offered her job to Meredith Vieira of ABC's "The View" and the syndicated "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," who is still weighing the opportunity against family concerns. CBS is making a multimillion-dollar bet that Couric, who would be the first solo female anchor of a weekday network newscast, can boost the third-place "CBS Evening News."

Couric, who attracted enormous publicity while weighing her options, is said by those who know her to be brimming with ideas about how to adapt the evening newscast to her skills and personality.

The "Today" retrospective at 7:30 this morning will feature video clips of Couric over the years, followed by her comments about her departure, and will have a less celebratory tone than otherwise would have been the case. Couric is close to NBC chief executive Jeff Zucker, her original producer on "Today," the sources said, and has been trying to manage her departure without hurting relationships with him and other longtime colleagues at NBC.

The FIRST time she utters her fucking "anyway" in the anchor chair, I'm KILLING my television

LoungeMachine
04-04-2006, 11:58 PM
If Uncle Walter were dead, he'd be rolling in his grave.

Jesus Tittie Fucking Christ, so much for the Fourth Estate.

Katie fucking Couric????

Evening News???????

Might as well change CBS to Chanel, Benetton, and Saks

FORD
04-05-2006, 01:08 AM
I'll bet Lauer is pissed.

He's sucked far more Chimp cock than she has. Probably thought the job was his.

Nitro Express
04-05-2006, 03:24 AM
CBS deserves her. What a stupid network. They clamp down on David Lee Roth sucking all the color out of his show and they hire Katie Couric as an anchor. So much for the real reporters with brains going anywhere. At least hire someone cute who we can whack off to if brains are not needed.

Warham
04-05-2006, 07:11 AM
You guys still watch CBS?

Therein lies the problem.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-05-2006, 07:36 AM
It is a shame Bob Shieffer is not younger. The wiley veteran has returned some respect back to the evening news. Ratings have improved with his evening news program. I feel Couric has made a huge error accepting this position.

FORD
04-05-2006, 09:18 AM
Bob Schieffer only got the job because his brother is the BCE ambassador to Japan.

Peter Jennings was the last network anchor with anything resembling objectivity. Now all three networks have corporate whores in front of the camera.

LoungeMachine
04-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Warham
You guys still watch CBS?

Therein lies the problem.

said the fool glued to Faux :rolleyes:

Warham
04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
said the fool glued to Faux :rolleyes:

I only watch a couple hours of TV a day and FOX isn't one of my top ten choices.

The spin stops here, by the way.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Ford, what the hell does Japan have to do with Schieffer raising the ratings at CBS. They pulled a Michael Corleone on his ass. He wanted out and they pulled him back in. He is ecstatic that Couric is taking over so he can finally retire. Palestine Pete Jennings had objectivity?????

Guitar Shark
04-05-2006, 04:29 PM
I just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the thread title. Hell in a Gucci Handbag...

classic!!

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Guitar Shark
I just wanted to mention how much I enjoyed the thread title. Hell in a Gucci Handbag...

classic!!

shut up.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
By which I mean, "I love you".

Guitar Shark
04-05-2006, 04:40 PM
In that case, what do you mean by "EAT MY ASSHOLE"?

jcook11
04-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Maybe Ms. Couric will show do a series of reports on her Vagina

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-05-2006, 04:52 PM
In that case, what do you mean by "EAT MY ASSHOLE"?

"Nibble on and swirl your tongue around it in a metaphorical sense".

Guitar Shark
04-05-2006, 05:01 PM
I had you pegged for "dirty sanchez", myself.

Nitro Express
04-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Eat Katy Couric's asshole? Maybe if she paid me enough.

jhale667
04-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by jcook11
Maybe Ms. Couric will show do a series of reports on her Vagina

She's past her expiration date...nobody wants to see THAT!! :p

bueno bob
04-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I don't know....CBS could use some "perky" news stories...

BWAHAHAHAHA...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-06-2006, 02:40 PM
I had you pegged for "dirty sanchez", myself.

hee hee...he said "pegged"...

Warham
04-06-2006, 04:05 PM
CBS just got a boost in credibility with Katie coming over from NBS.

FORD
04-06-2006, 04:12 PM
So now what's NBC gonna do? Brian Williams is a BCE whore, but he's not a female Bush whore. Look for Whora O'Donnell, who would literally suck Chimp's cock on camera if asked, to take over the NBC anchor desk within 90 days.

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/white-ho.jpg

Warham
04-06-2006, 04:13 PM
NBC is hiring that chick from the View to take Katie's spot.

Meredith What'shername.

FORD
04-06-2006, 04:14 PM
NBC is hiring that chick from the View to take Katie's spot.

Meredith What'shername.

Yeah, I heard. But I was talking about poor "GOP go to guy" Brian Williams having to compete against the chicks on the other two networks, as well as CNN and obviously FAUX.

Warham
04-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I thought Brian Williams was a bad choice. Could've picked somebody with a little more 'gravitas'.

DLR'sCock
04-06-2006, 05:47 PM
Makes no difference to me, I only watch some CNN and some MSNBC.....

Couric as an anchor??? pretty funny....

BigBadBrian
04-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Look for Whora O'Donnell, who would literally suck Chimp's cock on camera if asked, to take over the NBC anchor desk within 90 days.

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/white-ho.jpg

Norah is pretty hot. I think she belongs on CNN or FOX with the rest of the babes.

:D

twonabomber
04-06-2006, 10:09 PM
wonder if Katie will become Katherine...

FORD
04-06-2006, 10:18 PM
**Exclusive Photo**

Katie thanks Bush for her new job......

http://www.news-star.com/images/011502/new_katie.jpg

Ally_Kat
04-06-2006, 11:08 PM
CBS just got a boost in credibility with Katie coming over from NBS.

And NBC a notch down with Meredith Vehoweveryouspellit.

I hope they don't expect anyone to take any political interviews from her seriously. She's broken the journalist's cardinal rule one too many times.

FORD
04-06-2006, 11:33 PM
The irony here is that Meredith Viera used to be a reporter for 60 Minutes. She was more qualified to step in at CBS than Katie Whoreic was, though a little out of practice.

So now I guess the only question is, who takes over on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"

LoungeMachine
04-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
And NBC a notch down with Meredith Vehoweveryouspellit.

I hope they don't expect anyone to take any political interviews from her seriously.

As opposed to Katie's lap dog lobbing soft balls shtick?

I loathe that woman. She's not a journalist by any stretch. She's a talking Pop Tart.

Ally_Kat
04-06-2006, 11:48 PM
As opposed to Katie's lap dog lobbing soft balls shtick?

I loathe that woman. She's not a journalist by any stretch. She's a talking Pop Tart.

And that's why I don't even watch her. I couldn't tell you if she's broken the cardinal rule or not because I just don't give her my attention. Especially after that HUGE paycheck she started to get.

Ally_Kat
04-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by FORD
The irony here is that Meredith Viera used to be a reporter for 60 Minutes. She was more qualified to step in at CBS than Katie Whoreic was, though a little out of practice.

So now I guess the only question is, who takes over on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?"

I have to disagree, Ford. She lsot all qualification when she laid her cards out on the table telling everyone what her political beliefs were. You don't do that and then suddenly expect to go do hard news again. You don't see Walters marching in parades and she usually avoids giving a straight answer when one of the chicks asks her what her opinion is. Why? Because she wants to keep her credibility.

FORD
04-07-2006, 12:44 AM
I have to disagree, Ford. She lsot all qualification when she laid her cards out on the table telling everyone what her political beliefs were. You don't do that and then suddenly expect to go do hard news again. You don't see Walters marching in parades and she usually avoids giving a straight answer when one of the chicks asks her what her opinion is. Why? Because she wants to keep her credibility.

Katie tells everyone what her political beliefs are in nearly every interview she does. Because at the first sign of any criticism of the Chimp she tries to either shout down the guest or abruptly change the subject. Although Lauer is worse. The fact that he's been cutting his hair like a skinhead since Chimpy's been in office ain't no coincidence.

As for Baba Wawa, everyone knows she's no Busheep. Which is why she and Hugh Downs were put out to pasture at 20/20 and replaced by LizzieBeth KissAss and that insufferable asshole John Stossell.

Warham
04-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Matt Lauer a skinhead? News to me.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Can someone set me straight here. I thought Couric was a liberal and Lauer just the same?????

Warham
04-07-2006, 07:42 AM
They both are liberal.

You could tell in Lauer's case when he went over to Iraq last year.

I'll have to find the video and post it.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks Warham, it just threw me off, because Ford and Lounge were not in favor of her. I don't recall her being a Bush supporter.

LoungeMachine
04-07-2006, 10:18 AM
I have to disagree, Ford. She lsot all qualification when she laid her cards out on the table telling everyone what her political beliefs were. You don't do that and then suddenly expect to go do hard news again.

This is nonsense.

Go all the way back to Murrow.

Many fine journalists, print, radio, TV, have been quite open in their politcal beliefs and still had their integrity.

Actually I have more respect when they ARE open. Knowing what a pandering sleaze Chris Matthews is allows me to watch him with open eyes and ears.

It's the ones who are cagey and secretive that I don't trust.

Just because you're in the media doesn't mean you're a politcal eunich. It's only natural to have your own beliefs.

And for the record, some of my favorites are of right leaning persuasion, i.e. George Will, Bill Kristol.

I like these guys, and respect their opinions, but disagree with their

personal politics

LoungeMachine
04-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Thanks Warham, it just threw me off, because Ford and Lounge were not in favor of her. I don't recall her being a Bush supporter.

You don't recall?

puh-lease:rolleyes:

ULTRAMAN VH
04-07-2006, 10:38 AM
LOL. Lounge she always gave me the impression as being pro Hillary.

LoungeMachine
04-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
LOL. Lounge she always gave me the impression as being pro Hillary.

That's just the Estrogen talking.

Ally_Kat
04-07-2006, 12:59 PM
This is nonsense.

Go all the way back to Murrow.

Many fine journalists, print, radio, TV, have been quite open in their politcal beliefs and still had their integrity.

Actually I have more respect when they ARE open. Knowing what a pandering sleaze Chris Matthews is allows me to watch him with open eyes and ears.

It's the ones who are cagey and secretive that I don't trust.

Just because you're in the media doesn't mean you're a politcal eunich. It's only natural to have your own beliefs.

And for the record, some of my favorites are of right leaning persuasion, i.e. George Will, Bill Kristol.

I like these guys, and respect their opinions, but disagree with their

personal politics

It's not nonsense. And there's a difference between editorial journalism and news journalism. Unfortunately, across America, in this forum, and even in the newsrooms, too many people mistake the one for the other. And no, I'm not talking about being able to point out an OpEd piece or not.