PDA

View Full Version : QUEEN on American Idol!

Douglas T.
04-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Next week the contestants sing QUEEN songs and I guess Queen will be making an performance appearance as did all the other guest! They showed the contestants jamming with Queen in a small clip last night!:cool:

bueno bob
04-06-2006, 08:41 AM
And by QUEEN you mean THE BRIAN MAY BAND...

DavidLeeNatra
04-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by bueno bob
And by QUEEN you mean THE BRIAN MAY BAND...

"the other half"...ups...that were some other guys...my bad... ;)

Douglas T.
04-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Well ... you know the deluted version! Like Van Hagar!

bueno bob
04-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Right!

Once Freddie Mercury's back at the mic, THEN I'll refer to it as QUEEN...but not before...

:D

Matt White
04-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Douglas T.
Well ... you know the deluted version! Like Van Hagar!

Doug...pleeze don't cuntpare PAUL RODGERS with that Taco salesman Spammy Hagar....

PAUL was/is FREDDIE'S favorite singer...he's got the chops & the credentials to fill in......

bueno bob
04-06-2006, 09:10 AM
It's just NOT QUEEN!

bueno bob
04-06-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm sorry, Paul Rodgers or no...after 20 odd years of Freddie being THE voice for Queen, nobody oughta be up there...

I'm all for The Paul & Brian Show, but I don't like the name Queen being thrown around this...because it's really not.

My opinion, of course.

Douglas T.
04-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Matt White
Doug...pleeze don't cuntpare PAUL RODGERS with that Taco salesman Spammy Hagar....

PAUL was/is FREDDIE'S favorite singer...he's got the chops & the credentials to fill in......

I like PAUL RODGERS WAY better than Fagar! His videos are especially TITalating! Very strong voice and Spermy could use some wardrobe tips from PR! :D

Vinnie Velvet
04-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Right!

Once Freddie Mercury's back at the mic, THEN I'll refer to it as QUEEN...but not before...

And let's not forget bassist John Deacon -- whose writing credits include "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Radio Ga Ga".

Douglas T.
04-06-2006, 09:46 AM
I wonder if PAUL will be giving the singing tips this show! That is what this show has to offer. The advice givin' by the guests performers! like ROCKSTAR INXS! Some of the tips they give are very helpful!

Douglas T.
04-06-2006, 09:51 AM
.... just imagining DAVE as guest on AI! LOL! That WOULD be fun!

DavidLeeNatra
04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
.... just imagining DAVE as guest on AI! LOL! That WOULD be fun!

he'd be just perfect... :D

Douglas T.
04-06-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm trying to remember one of DAVES jems of advice! Something like "You should be able to do a great performance using just a single bulb and a bar stool!" Something ike that ... help me out here! Then he goes and breaks the Guiness Book with the SKYSRAPER TOUR, wasn't it, as it the largest show on the road?:cool:

Coyote
04-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
And let's not forget bassist John Deacon -- whose writing credits include "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Radio Ga Ga".

No, dude. Roger Taylor wrote "Radio Ga Ga".

mako_kimura
04-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Well, the thing I like about Paul Rodgers is that he isn't trying to be Freddie. He knows he'll never top Freddie, so he's his own dude. Spammy, however, tries too much to top Dave

bueno bob
04-07-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet

Exactly...

Flash Bastard
04-07-2006, 12:47 AM
I'm sorry, Paul Rodgers or no...after 20 odd years of Freddie being THE voice for Queen, nobody oughta be up there...

I'm all for The Paul & Brian Show, but I don't like the name Queen being thrown around this...because it's really not.

My opinion, of course.

And I agree 100%.

I respect all the musicians involved, but I'd have preferred it if they just left well enough alone.

Call me a purist.

But with that said I'd probably go see them if they came to my shitty local venue. There's not too many other quality acts competing for my concert dollar these days.

Mr. Vengeance
04-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Despicable...American Idol is the worst thing to ever happen to music....To have Queen on there.......awful!

bueno bob
04-08-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
Despicable...American Idol is the worst thing to ever happen to music....To have Queen on there.......awful!

No.

Sammy Hagar is the worst thing to ever happen to music.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Yea, but its not called QUEEN. Its called QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS. They need to have the word QUEEN in there somewhere, otherwise people wouldn't know it was QUEEN. I see it more as a supergroup above anything else.

It can't be QUEEN anyway if around 25% of the set is PAUL RODGER's material.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance

I'll be honest, I find stuff like that good TV. Even when the original British one, Pop Idol, was on back in 2000/2001, I don't care who wins, and it doesn't matter anyway, cos, I don't know about America, but in this country the people in them don't last very long afterwards. I can think of 2 that have gone on to be relatively successful.

Douglas T.
04-10-2006, 11:33 PM
...don't forget to watch tommorrow night! Should be interesting seeing lil Paris do a Queen song!:cool:

diamondsgirl
04-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I am really looking foward to this show tonite. I have been trying to think of who will sing what song. Ace will sound cool with his falsetto. I was thinking he could do a bang up 'Somebody to Love"

I thought it would be funny if whomever does "Another One Bites the Dust" gets voted off because then they have to sing it as their goodbye song. Very fitting.

Anyway...I dig the shit outta Taylor Hicks. Seems like a cool cat. I don't think he'll win though, I think Chris Daughtry will.

Anyways...I'd rather party with Taylor. :cool:

diamondsgirl
04-11-2006, 06:13 PM
what I really want to hear is Taylor doing a Joe Cocker tune.

I think he would kick the shit out of "Feelin' Alright" :cool:

Unchainme
04-11-2006, 08:12 PM
I am auctually watching it right now. (Nothing else on, So WTF.). Very mediocre at best with the gu who covered Fat Bottomed Girls.

Unchainme
04-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Again Another Mediocre Version of one of Britain's best Band. We Will Rock You is soooo Freddie.

Unchainme
04-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Bohemian Rhapsody is decent, Still not impressed thus far.

ALMOSTsaved
04-11-2006, 08:36 PM
It was nice to see Brian and Roger hand Ace his ass and tell him they would not play HIS arrangement of THEIR song. It was also funny when Ryan Seacrest asked Ace about the uncomfortable moment of that situation and Ace acted as if Ryan was asking about his performance. Ace is a hack.

BITEYOASS
04-11-2006, 10:58 PM
I tried watching this show, I had a nausiating feeling in my stomach. and WTF does Ace think he is in telling other band members to play it this way.

BITEYOASS
04-11-2006, 10:59 PM
It would be like Ed trying to give Dave vocal lessons.

Douglas T.
04-12-2006, 08:12 AM
ARRGH! Corporate meeting went on until 9:15 last night! Missed the whole thing! ROCK week and I miss it! Next week will probably be gay Barry Manilow night or something! Oh they already had that! I guess Faux Queen didn't perform anyway? How did Bucky do on Fat Bottom Girls?

Warham
04-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Whoever missed it last night, you can get on your knees and give thanks to the good LORD.

What a trainwreck. Only one of the contestants did an even passable job with the material.

Horrifying, but yet you have to watch simply to see who can butcher the songs even more.

ALMOSTsaved
04-12-2006, 02:11 PM
It was an abomination.

diamondsgirl
04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Unchainme
I am auctually watching it right now. (Nothing else on, So WTF.). Very mediocre at best with the gu who covered Fat Bottomed Girls.

and he turned out to be one of the better ones

Chris should have done that tune...he could have rocked it out

diamondsgirl
04-12-2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
It was nice to see Brian and Roger hand Ace his ass and tell him they would not play HIS arrangement of THEIR song. It was also funny when Ryan Seacrest asked Ace about the uncomfortable moment of that situation and Ace acted as if Ryan was asking about his performance. Ace is a hack.

That was awesome. They were like ummm....NO!

Ace should have done a different tune anyway. He deserves to lose just for being a stupid fuck. Last night was made for him and he fucked it up.

diamondsgirl
04-12-2006, 05:43 PM
How did Bucky do on Fat Bottom Girls?

Not too bad, considering the others. I thought Taylor sang his well, but Simon asked him if he was drunk. LOL

(Funny people ask me that all the time too...)

diamondsgirl
04-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Warham
Only one of the contestants did an even passable job with the material.

Chris? I thought he sounded good. I love Queen, but Innuendo is one of my least favorite tunes...he did it well, though, IMO.

amadeus
04-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Chris did a good job, IMO, but it just didn't feel right watching Queen having any part of American Idol.

diamondsgirl
04-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I wondered how that came to be and Ryan Seacrest said that the producer of American Idol produced one of Queens videos or something like that. I'll bet they wouldn't have done it otherwise.

vheddyrmv8
04-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
And I agree 100%.

I respect all the musicians involved, but I'd have preferred it if they just left well enough alone.

Call me a purist.

But with that said I'd probably go see them if they came to my shitty local venue. There's not too many other quality acts competing for my concert dollar these days.

Make that another. Sorry, to me it's just not queen without Freddie. He was THE voice. They came by here and I passed, cause it isn't worth it to me without Freddie.

vheddyrmv8
04-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Not too bad, considering the others. I thought Taylor sang his well, but Simon asked him if he was drunk. LOL

(Funny people ask me that all the time too...)

Not bad? I won't be able to listen to that song for a week now. It was THE worst one the whole night. He turned it country, and his voice isn't even close to powerful enough to come anywhere close to be an even ok cover.

Douglas T.
04-12-2006, 07:13 PM
So I missed last night ... did they say "The Band Formerly Known as Queen" would be performing tonight!? I will have to get the VCR going 'cuz more meetings this evening! Blech!

diamondsgirl
04-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by vheddyrmv8
Not bad? I won't be able to listen to that song for a week now. It was THE worst one the whole night. He turned it country, and his voice isn't even close to powerful enough to come anywhere close to be an even ok cover.

I didn't think it sucked as much as some of the others.
I thought Elliot, Ace and Kellie were the worst.
Bucky, Paris, and Kathrine didn't suck as much.
Taylor was OK.
Chris was the best.

MAX
04-13-2006, 01:49 AM
I didn't think it sucked as much as some of the others.
I thought Elliot, Ace and Kellie were the worst.
Bucky, Paris, and Kathrine didn't suck as much.
Taylor was OK.
Chris was the best.

Yup and couldn't agree more. ;) :p

bueno bob
04-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Every time I sing Fat Bottomed Girls at Karaoke, it literally brings the house down - NOBODY follows me after that.

Not because I'm a particularly good singer, but because the song kicks ass. One of those things you don't have to sing well to do well leading the crowd...

AI? Didn't watch it... :)

diamondsgirl
04-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Yup and couldn't agree more. ;) :p

you watched AI? LOL. :D

MAX
04-15-2006, 10:16 PM
you watched AI? LOL. :D

Ummmmm... I don't think so. lol

I've seen a cupla snippets heeya and theeya. I'm just kissing your sweet behind in this thread. :)

Moral support ya know? Tryin' to be heeya to help you with your AI addiction. :p

diamondsgirl
04-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Ummmmm... I don't think so. lol

I didn't think so either. :)

I never watched until this season and I kinda like it. I can't wait to see Chris win. :)

diamondsgirl
04-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Although I would rather Taylor win. But Chris is cool too.

And I like Katherine. She's purdy and she sings real nice..

sadaist
04-16-2006, 12:13 AM
If Eddie did a VH themed American Idol, I think it would have worked out better. How come they picked some lame songs? Under Pressure would have been great. And there are a lot of songs with falsetto that Ace could have nailed. Trying to change We Will Rock You. What an idiot. Kelly Pickler is horrible but I'd like to...(your fantasy here)

MAX
04-16-2006, 12:22 AM
And I like Katherine. She's purdy and she sings real nice..

She's a slut. :p

bobgstring
04-16-2006, 12:57 AM
fuck u all because you are making fun of my sorry self. I prefer britany speers and kristy ageeliera because they are more feminine than me. Bobgnote is out of the closet

Susie Q
04-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved

Yah, I couldn't believe this asshole. He should get booted off after that, but he will stay because of eye candy....nothing more. I was bummed that Bucky left.

My contenders are Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry, and Paris.

I love that spastic Taylor Hicks and even get on the phone and vote for him each week! Call it a guilty pleasure or something. LOL :o

Douglas T.
04-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Rearraging songs is what won it for J.D. Fortune on the INXS/ROCKSTAR! That is where ACE probably got the idea! I think JD's "HAND IN POCKET" version blew Allanis Morrisettes version away!

RuzDNailz
04-16-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm surprised Bucky lasted as long as he did. Constantine did the killer version of Bohemian Rhapsody last year and funny enough
none of the dudes did it. Kellie on the other hand, was not bad at all.
Elliott IMO, deserves some credit because he seems genuine.

RuzDNailz
04-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MAX

There's only one way to find out, MAX....

Shaun Ponsonby
04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I didn't see it until today-but some things made my blood boil.

1) DON'T under any circumstances shorten Bohemian Rhapsody or INNUENDO
2) DON'T sing the show must go on unless you mean it
3) Chris didn't sing "Innuendo" better than Freddie
4) The reason the band never played INNUENDO live is because Freddie was on his deathbed when he should have been promoting the album
5) INNUENDO is NOT a terrible song

and RuzDNailz, I saw Constantine do Bo Rhap-and he sucked. I saw him on the show several times and I can honestly say 2 things

-He sucked
-He WAS NOT a rocker

Don't challenge my opinions on QUEEN-related things, I get VERY annoyed on the subject.

DavidLeeNatra
04-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
I didn't see it until today-but some things made my blood boil.

1) DON'T under any circumstances shorten Bohemian Rhapsody or INNUENDO
2) DON'T sing the show must go on unless you mean it
3) Chris didn't sing "Innuendo" better than Freddie
4) The reason the band never played INNUENDO live is because Freddie was on his deathbed when he should have been promoting the album
5) INNUENDO is NOT a terrible song

Don't challenge my opinions on QUEEN-related things, I get VERY annoyed on the subject.

I hear ya, amen...!!!

flappo
04-17-2006, 12:29 PM
i love how that cunt cowell dare slag off anything queen have ever done

the fucking queer shitfuck

diamondsgirl
04-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by MAX

You're a slut!!!

MAX
04-17-2006, 09:17 PM
You're a slut!!!

Now was that a nice thing to say? :(

RuzDNailz
04-17-2006, 09:31 PM
What kind of Guitar does Brian May use? It has that certain pitch to it during Killer Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody.

diamondsgirl
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MAX
Now was that a nice thing to say? :(

oh stop being so sensitive...or I'll throw you a slap. :)

:D :p

DLR'sCock
04-18-2006, 11:59 PM
I never saw this, but come one, this is bullshit. I do not enjoy these reality bullshit shows. This is so far beneath them.

DLR'sCock
04-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by mako_kimura
Well, the thing I like about Paul Rodgers is that he isn't trying to be Freddie. He knows he'll never top Freddie, so he's his own dude. Spammy, however, tries too much to top Dave

Paul was great with the boys, it was an awesome show. I saw their first show in the US in more than 23 years....