PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Rush arrives on DVD

Mr Badguy
04-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Rush will release "Rush Replay X3" 3 DVD set on June 13.

The set brings together the deleted home video releases "Exit...Stage left", "Grace Under Pressure Tour" and "A Show Of Hands", all with improved picture quality and remixed in 5:1 surround.

The packaging will include miniturized version of the tour booklets from the shows.

Also rumoured is a previously unreleased version of "Grace Under pressure", although this could be an audio CD of the "Grace Under Pressure Tour" and included with the package.

Seshmeister
04-07-2006, 08:36 AM
I'll probably buy this and then never watch it...:)

Diver Down NJ
04-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Sweet!

Hardrock69
04-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Sounds cool, but I want to see an older concert on DVD.

I already have a bootleg of Rush from New Jersey in 1976, but it has timecode numbers in the middle of the screen.

The music rocks though!

Roy Munson
04-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Seshmeister
I'll probably buy this and then never watch it...:)

I'll probably buy it and watch it a billion times.

:D

WACF
04-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Excellent!

I hope these are complete shows.

BITEYOASS
04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
I hope they also have the song Limelight from the 1981 tour that they never bothered to put on Exit...stage left.

guwapo_rocker
04-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Sounds cool, but I want to see an older concert on DVD.

I already have a bootleg of Rush from New Jersey in 1976, but it has timecode numbers in the middle of the screen.

The music rocks though!

Dude you should torrent that!!

Mr Badguy
04-07-2006, 12:48 PM
I`m just glad they`ve packaged them together and aren`t forcing us to shell out for them seperately.

Ya hear me, Gene and Paul?

WACF
04-07-2006, 01:03 PM
If you want Gene or Paul to hear you'll need to yell out "LOOK...A BIG SACK OF CASH IS JUST LAYING THERE!!" then hope they hear the rest of what you want to say.

FORD
04-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by WACF
If you want Gene or Paul to hear you'll need to yell out "LOOK...A BIG SACK OF CASH IS JUST LAYING THERE!!" then hope they hear the rest of what you want to say.

That's mostly Gene. You can get Paul's attention by yelling "Hey man, nice DICK!!"

Terry
04-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Rush will release "Rush Replay X3" 3 DVD set on June 13.

The set brings together the deleted home video releases "Exit...Stage left", "Grace Under Pressure Tour" and "A Show Of Hands", all with improved picture quality and remixed in 5:1 surround.

The packaging will include miniturized version of the tour booklets from the shows.

Also rumoured is a previously unreleased version of "Grace Under pressure", although this could be an audio CD of the "Grace Under Pressure Tour" and included with the package.

I'll get it and watch Exit...Stage Left, avoiding the other two altogether.

Terry
04-08-2006, 05:00 AM

No fucking doubt!

Shaun Ponsonby
04-08-2006, 10:24 AM
Unlike most people, I actually enjoy all period's of Rush-because they have the musicianship to pull just about anything off, and they have. So, I'll be getting it and watching it over and over. Ooooh, I could have a Rush day and watch those 3, Rush In Rio, R30 and finish it off with a bit of Chronicles. That would be the best.

WACF
04-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by FORD
That's mostly Gene. You can get Paul's attention by yelling "Hey man, nice DICK!!"

Now that is funny...and most likely true!

WACF
04-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Unlike most people, I actually enjoy all period's of Rush-because they have the musicianship to pull just about anything off, and they have.

Very true...even weaker Rush is still filled with talent.

guwapo_rocker
04-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Rush rocks. I didn't really dig much after Moving Pictures when

they took a big swing in direction.

But they still kick ass live, and any one of those guys could

play with ANYONE.

I was a Kiss fan but,

Gene and Paul shouldn't be mentioned on the same page as Rush.

To think Rush may never make the RRHOF is a disgrace.

Terry
04-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Very true...even weaker Rush is still filled with talent.

No doubt that Rush always displayed impeccable musicianship, but Signals was the end of the line for me far as studio stuff went. With Grace Under Pressure, I just began losing interest with each subsequent release.

Shaun Ponsonby
04-09-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't know, the albums after Grace Under Pressure were much better. "Vapor Trails" being one that particulary stands out.

I think that maybe Steve Wilson should produce their next album.

Reverberator
04-09-2006, 06:32 PM
This is good news .

ALinChainz
04-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Terry
No doubt that Rush always displayed impeccable musicianship, but Signals was the end of the line for me far as studio stuff went. With Grace Under Pressure, I just began losing interest with each subsequent release.

Exactly.

ODShowtime
04-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Unlike most people, I actually enjoy all period's of Rush-because they have the musicianship to pull just about anything off, and they have. So, I'll be getting it and watching it over and over. Ooooh, I could have a Rush day and watch those 3, Rush In Rio, R30 and finish it off with a bit of Chronicles. That would be the best.

Exit Stage Left alone will be worth the price, but I bet it won't be expanded at all. No live YYZ? Sheeit

WACF
04-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
Exit Stage Left alone will be worth the price, but I bet it won't be expanded at all. No live YYZ? Sheeit

Exit is the one I have the highest expectations for...I can not wait to put that one in!