PDA

View Full Version : Using prisoners to clear mine fields

Nitro Express
04-08-2006, 05:52 AM
Right now the United States has the largest prison population out of any industrialized nation on earth and the problem is growing. We just can't keep on going business as usual because the problem will overwealm the system eventually.

Another huge problem in the word is land mines. When I was in the Falklan Islands a few years back, there were land mines everywhere left over from the war between Argentina and the British in the 80's. Thousands of landmines wer planted. Modern landmines are plastic and by international law, have to have a metal plate installed show they can be detected. In the case of the Falklan war, those plates were pryed off.

Years later people, sheep, children occasionaly blow up because they wandered off into the wrong place. The whole country is like this. It's also a huge problem in Africa and the Middle East. Princess Dianna when she was alive headed an organization that raised money to remove landmines from such areas.

Some minefields can be cleared using a flagger or by having explosives set them off. Some mines still have to be romoved by hand; especially, the ones in rocky and hilly terrean.

What is needed is manpower. Where to get it? The prisons. Why not have convicted rapists, pedofiles, and other thugs remove the mines. These thugs can't give a persons virtue or life back to them. They robbed that person of that. So the best way to say they are sorry is to remove landmines to keep other innocent children and women from being mained by another menace.

The United States could use it's prisoners to go to countries around the world and clear these menacing land mines. It makes perfect sense.

Nickdfresh
04-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Are you drunk?

FORD
04-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I don't have an ounce of sympathy for rapists and pedophiles, but this just isn't right.

The mine fields should be cleared by the criminals who have made money from the corrupt military-industrial complex/war machine/death industry/whatever name you choose to call it.

Let the punishment fit the crime.

As for the rapists and pedophiles, just turn them loose in the general population of the prison and the convicts will take care of the rest.

Two words: Jeffery Dahmer. He got was coming to him, didn't he? As did one of those priestophiles, now that I think about it. Turn em loose in the exercize yard, problem solved.

sisca
04-08-2006, 11:52 AM
hell yes! and put it on pay per view so we can see prisoners getting blown up! ill bring the popcorn.

Switch84
04-08-2006, 01:44 PM
:D Pay per view!!! EXCELLENT! Let's throw in the illegal aliens to spice it up even more. They're criminals, too!

Forget building a fence along our nation's southern border...PLANT A GAZILLION LANDMINES INSTEAD (and put THAT on pay per view)!

Buwhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaa!!! :killer:

Nickdfresh
04-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Donald Rumsfeld, The Tinman, and Rove can drive the wagon....

Nitro Express
04-08-2006, 03:02 PM
No
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Are you drunk?

Not drunk.

Actually the landmine removal idea was old Soviet Union policy. All the riff raff in the prisons wer earmarked to be marched through mine fields if needed. It's true.

I'm playing Mr. Spock here. I'm removing the emotion and laying down logic.

Here's some more logic. I constantly hear about global overpopulation. This being the case. wouldn't the bird flu be a sollution? 30-50% fatalities would solve the overpopulation problem. The problem is modern medicine keeping people alive. Let people die and we have solved the problem.

Nickdfresh
04-08-2006, 03:06 PM
The Iranians did too, during the Iran-Iraq War...

Only they used actual kiddies instead of kiddie-diddlers...:(

FORD
04-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
No

Not drunk.

Actually the landmine removal idea was old Soviet Union policy. All the riff raff in the prisons wer earmarked to be marched through mine fields if needed. It's true.

But a lot of the people in the Soviet gulags were political prisoners. Surely you wouldn't suggest that the BCE use the prisioners who they are holding without charges at Gitmo or God knows where else for such a purpose?

I'm playing Mr. Spock here. I'm removing the emotion and laying down logic.

And to do anything else that's going to make this country look even more like tyrranical fascist bullies, is NOT logical.

Here's some more logic. I constantly hear about global overpopulation. This being the case. wouldn't the bird flu be a sollution? 30-50% fatalities would solve the overpopulation problem. The problem is modern medicine keeping people alive. Let people die and we have solved the problem.

And who gets to play "God" and decides who lives and dies? The very people who think they have the right to decide that are very likely the ones who would instantly improve the world by their not being in it.

BigBadBrian
04-08-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Switch84

Forget building a fence along our nation's southern border...PLANT A GAZILLION LANDMINES INSTEAD (and put THAT on pay per view)!

Buwhahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaa!!! :killer:

Actually, I think land mines are a good idea.

You don't need many, just a few to blow some illegals up occasionally would be a good deterrent.

:gun:

FORD
04-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BigBadBrian
Actually, I think land mines are a good idea.

You don't need many, just a few to blow some illegals up occasionally would be a good deterrent.

:gun:

The Berlin Wall was surrounded by land mines, at least in it's earliest stages. Didn't seem to discourage many there.

Nitro Express
04-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by FORD
And who gets to play "God" and decides who lives and dies? The very people who think they have the right to decide that are very likely the ones who would instantly improve the world by their not being in it.

That's the million dollar question Ford. I think nature will play God. We have become so corrupt, so greedy, so incompetant, maybe we will just naturally end up killing ourselves. There's lots of talking but very little doing. Like Katrina, everyone is pointing the finger blaming but very little has been done about anything. Now we are almost in the next hurricane season.

ULTRAMAN VH
04-10-2006, 07:49 AM
Actually I heard a pretty good idea about letting prisoners pick the lettuce and do the farming jobs Illegal Aliens are doing. Pay them the wages that illegals are making and tack on good behavior credit. Think about it. The 1st thing an inmate has to deal with when released is probation. And 9 times out of ten they wind up back behind bars because they can't find work and end up going back to a life of crime. This way when they get out, they are already employed and have a decent nest egg saved up from the work release program. Granted the idea is not perfect but it has some validity.

Nitro Express
04-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMAN VH
Actually I heard a pretty good idea about letting prisoners pick the lettuce and do the farming jobs Illegal Aliens are doing. Pay them the wages that illegals are making and tack on good behavior credit. Think about it. The 1st thing an inmate has to deal with when released is probation. And 9 times out of ten they wind up back behind bars because they can't find work and end up going back to a life of crime. This way when they get out, they are already employed and have a decent nest egg saved up from the work release program. Granted the idea is not perfect but it has some validity.

Good idea but it will fail. Have you ever been to prison? I've visited maximum and medium facilities in a state penetentary. There's some mean, twisted people in prison and frankly, they already work on farms and make things like license plates.

Your average illegal immigrant that works in construction or agriculture bust their ass and usually don't cause problems. They are here to make money.

I live in the resort town of Jackson Hole, Wyoming. One particular problem we have here is a lack of people who are maintenance people. I guess the high cost of living has driven those people out but if you need some flooring fixed, plumbing fixed, a roof repaired you can't find anyone here to do it. In California there's a ton of Mexicans who are pretty good at that stuff.

The real problem is if we ran the illegal alliens out of the country right now, the hotels wouldn't have rooms made, resturants wouldn't have kitchen staff, construction would grind to a halt, our food wouldn't get picked.

We been infiltrated. There seems to be a labor gap in the US. Nobody who's been here for sevral generations wants to work as a maid, farm laborer, or construction laborer. It would be almost impossible to find people to do those jobs.

That's why if something breaks on my roof, I have to get my climbing gear and go fix it myself because nobody around here is for hire to do it. We don't have enough Mexicans. I took me two years to get some concrete plastered. That is how long the waiting list is here.

Hardrock69
04-10-2006, 12:16 PM
I think we should have Chimpy and his administration personally clear land mines.