PDA

View Full Version : ALICE IN CHAINS to TOUR

Matt White
04-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Tour starts May 18th in LA

Surprise club dates in USA

"Everybody has disappointments in life, and we certainly had ours. I just want to continue enjoying life. We're having a great time."
Jerry Cantrell

Jerry Cantrell
Sean Kinney
Mike Inez
"Comes withe the fall" singer William DuVall

Possibly joined by Duff McKagan

Count me IN....................

Matt White
04-09-2006, 02:00 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below are dates for Alice In Chains' upcoming tour

5/26/06 - Super Bock Super Rock - Portugal

5/28/06 - Madrid Festimad - Madrid, Spain

6/2/06 - Rock am Ring - Germany

6/3/06 - Rock im Park - Nurburg, Germany

6/4/06 - Milan Gods of Metal - Milan, Italy

6/6/2006 - Novesta Hall - Zlin, Czech Republic
w/ Stone Sour & Bloodsimple

6/10/06 - Donington Park Download Festival - England

6/7/2006 - Spodek - Katowice, Poland

6/8/2006 - Petofi Csarnock Open Air - Budapest, Hungry

6/11/06 - RDS Download Festival - Dublin, Ireland

6/13/06 - Volkshaus - Zurich, Switzerland

6/15/06 - Novarock Festival - Nickelsdorf, Austria

6/16/06 - Provinssirock Festival - Finland

6/17/06 - Hultsfred Festival - Sweden

6/19/2006 - Vega - Copenhagen, Denmark

6/20/2006 - Rockefeller - Copenhagen, Denmark

6/22/2006 - Bataclan - Paris, France

6/23/2006 - Nantes Hellfest - France

6/24/06 - Graspop Metal Meeting - Belgium

6/26/2006 - Razzmatazz - Barcelona, Spain

6/30/2006 - Bratis, Slovakia w/Korn

7/1/2006 - Waldrock - Holland

7/2/2006 - Nijmegen Goffert Park - Holland

Unchainme
04-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Only 1/2 of the orignal line-up. I'd go for the hell of it though. Though they should call it the Layne Staley Tribute band, Layne is AIC.

LoungeMachine
04-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Gilligan is right.

This should be billed as Jerry & Friends.

This aint AIC.

period.

ALinChainz
04-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Not the same ... no way it could be ... have to wonder what Layne would be saying ...

Not seeing an American dates either ...

Not sure if I would go ... I wouldn't say definite either way ...

LM ... should have seen what's up ... went on tour ... why would they need Duff?

Matt White
04-10-2006, 12:04 AM
"Surprise US club dates"

I'm keepin' my eyes open...maybe HARPOS....

Jerry wrote 75% of the lyrics and sang on a majority of the songs....

Like I said...I'M IN.....

And YEAH...NO MIKE STARR

ALinChainz
04-10-2006, 12:10 AM
I know dude ... and nothing against Jerry at all ...

Kinda think Jerry should just take over the lead sing role ...

Bring along another guitarist ...

LoungeMachine
04-10-2006, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz
I know dude ... and nothing against Jerry at all ...

Kinda think Jerry should just take over the lead sing role ...

Bring along another guitarist ...

Cool with that too....

Or have whoever he wants to sing, sing....

No one loves the shit more than me ['cept maybe AL;) ] but......

Just don't call it Alice.
:cool:

I felt the same way with VH

and Queen.

It's called respect

LoungeMachine
04-10-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ALinChainz

LM ... should have seen what's up ... went on tour ... why would they need Duff?

No clue.

First I've heard of Duff being remotely involved.

Matt'll know :cool:

Golden AWe
04-10-2006, 02:55 AM
...but we must remember this line-up is not bashing or a disgrace to Layne in any way...there's no Hagars here...

I think we could see a some kind of a AC/DC-thing happening here...

Roy Munson
04-10-2006, 09:45 AM
I believe Sean Kinney said that they were only going to do this tour under the Alice name as a tribute to Layne and that if they do ever record anything in the future they will use a new name. That sounds respectful enough to me.

As for Mike Starr not being involved? Mike Inez is Mike Starr x 100.

Matt White
04-10-2006, 10:00 AM
MAybe Duff or Inez will add a second guitar?

That's my guess....

indeedido
04-10-2006, 10:21 AM
I don't care about Layne. I'd have more respect if he hadn't thrown his life away. A little selfish on his part, so it the band goes on, power to them.

Don Corleone
04-10-2006, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
and Queen.

It's called respect

I can understand Queen keeping the name though. There are billing it as Queen featuring Paul Rogers. No one would buy it as just Queen, not without Freddy.

LoungeMachine
04-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
I can understand Queen keeping the name though. There are billing it as Queen featuring Paul Rogers. No one would buy it as just Queen, not without Freddy.

True Godfather. But I think that was because of pressure from the blogosphere to not use the name.

I believe their initial intent was to use the name.

Regardless, I'm glad AIC's music will carry on.:cool:

Unchainme
04-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Roy Munson
As for Mike Starr not being involved? Mike Inez is Mike Starr x 100.

Urrrrrr, Ummmmmmm I wouldn't say that. I like AIC's years with Starr Better. He is a Talent, there is no doubt about that. But I just prefer Starr better for some reason. Havn't heard about him in a while, I heard He got Arrested for some shit, and then started a band with a couple of guys from Black Sabbath.

DeadOrAlive
04-10-2006, 05:30 PM
All you had to say was Duff McKagan. Count me in on this one.

Matt White
04-12-2006, 01:16 AM
According to Rolling Stone magazine, VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan might go on tour this summer with the reunited ALICE IN CHAINS as the band's second guitarist.

McKagan performed with ALICE IN CHAINS last month in New Jersey at a taping of the VH1 Classic series "Decades Rock Live!" (Photo#1, Photo#2).

ALICE IN CHAINS wil kick off their first tour in a decade on May 18 in Los Angeles and continue with a series of surprise U.S. club shows before the band head over to Europe.

"Everybody has disappointments in life, and we certainly had ours," said guitarist Jerry Cantrell, now reunited with bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney. "I just want to continue living life. We're having a great time."

ALICE IN CHAINS have confirmed that COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist William DuVall will sing lead vocals for the group on their upcoming run, along with a few "special guests."

DuVall performed two songs with ALICE IN CHAINS at the "Decades Rock Live!" taping and he has also sung ALICE IN CHAINS material as part of guitarist Jerry Cantrell's solo touring band.

Metal Sludge
Sludge in Chains

Last Updated ( 04/10/06 )

Matt White
04-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Then again....

Duff McKagan (Ex-Gn'R) rumoured to be in rehab!

Updated: April 4th 2006

The following is an excerpt from a Rolling Stone article. This is the facility that Duff has reportedly been back for more than a karate lesson and a visit too! He's having some "issues" according to our source and wants to stop them now!

"Duff was a huge inspiration to me," Weiland says. "A lot of people who don't know him, they just think he's an alcohol-- and drug-addled rock star married to a hot chick. In actuality, he means what he says, he says what he means. He's a great father, a loving husband, I like the way he handles his finances." McKagan introduced Weiland to the program that has gotten him clean: an intense martial-arts retreat in the mountains outside Seattle. McKagan's own analysis of his relationship with Weiland is more concise: "You can't bullshit a bullshitter." Source: Rolling Stone

Metal Sludge
Martial Sludge

Well as always Metal Sludge is being tagged as the "bad" people because of our recent blurb about Slash allegedly bailing on Velvet Revolver. Of course there is no hard facts for this yet, but like the old saying goes: where there's smoke, there's fire. Metal Sludge has received a few tips from some insiders claiming that Slash & VR are on the outs.

We also did a recent post when former Guns n' Roses manager Alan Niven wrote us a letter to publish, and we did. We also confirmed this as we communicated directly to Alan himself.

Now an additional source has told us that Duff McKagan has indeed entered a rehab center in the Cascade Mountains in the state of Washington near his home. The following was e-mailed to us today.

Hey Sludge,

I have a bit of gossip you might find interesting. Seems like Duff from VR is back in rehab. He went to the same place he did last time to get clean and also where they took Weiland to get clean. The rehab place is up in Washington state in the mountains. From what I have heard everyone is trying to keep this really quiet.

HB

A follow up phone call to the "HB" source has also noted that the rehab center directs a lot of attention towards holistic recovery. In addition martial arts and meditation are also used. Not sure what it all means yet, but Sludge is banking that VR is having some issues that are not fully public yet.

Let's not forget that Slash's wife Perla is being mentioned as the scape goat by more "sources" than Sludge. The last time this happened someone named Yoko ruined the best band to ever stand on a stage!

Metal Sludge
Metal Rehab
Last Updated ( 04/04/06 )

Matt White
04-12-2006, 01:20 AM
Duff McKagan & family not happy about the leaked info.

Our Sludge source in the great state of Washington has just sent us the following information about our recent Duff story.

The only new info I have regarding Duff is that this trip to the martial arts retreat had nothing to do with alcohol. It was strictly drugs this time. I have no idea what drugs. I do know from my source that they are definitely not happy that things leaked and there is a serious clamp down going on now.

If you need to call me feel free.

Metal Sludge
Sludge that makes you go, hmmmm?
Last Updated ( 04/11/06 )

Romeo Delight
04-12-2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine

It's called respect

The band worked their asses off to achieve their success.

If Layne threw his life away, the band shouldn't have to change the name.

They deserved better.

No disrespect shown by the band anyway.

ODShowtime
04-12-2006, 08:47 PM
all I know, AIC fuckin rocks. I never got to see them...

fuckin heroin

DeadOrAlive
04-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Duff had his mistakes, but still one hell of a bass player with a tone that I still can not find out how to produce myself. Kickass dude when he plays live too, can't believe I missed him on Decades Rock Live. I live off VH1 Classic man.

bueno bob
04-13-2006, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Unchainme
Havn't heard about him in a while, I heard He got Arrested for some shit, and then started a band with a couple of guys from Black Sabbath.

Sun Red Sun...

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach...

Matt White
04-13-2006, 07:24 AM
THere's a book on "What ever happened to Mike Starr"....

I gotta get that.....