PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush to make a Senate Run?

LoungeMachine
04-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Jeb Bush concerned about Harris' campaign

Associated Press

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Republican Gov. Jeb Bush complained Thursday that Katherine Harris has made her struggling Senate campaign about herself instead of the record of the Democratic incumbent.

"I am the party leader. I've got concerns," the governor said in response to a reporter's question. "The campaign can't be about her. It has to be about Bill Nelson and the future of our state and so far, she asked my advice and I gave her that exact advice and it's gotten worse since."

Asked if the issues surrounding Harris' campaign have made it difficult for Republicans to win the race in November, Bush said, "You're right."

The woman best known for certifying President Bush's 537-vote win in Florida in the disputed 2000 presidential election has struggled in her bid to unseat Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson. Republican leaders showed scant enthusiasm for her Senate run after two terms in the House, and her top adviser, campaign manager and communications director recently resigned.

Harris, Florida's former secretary of state, also has had difficulty raising money. She pledged to spend $10 million of her own money to continue in a contest that polls show her trailing badly.

In a statement, Harris said her campaign has hired "an experienced political team. We have infused our campaign with the initial necessary financial resources. And we are working to unite the party behind us."

The filing deadline for the state primary is May 12, which would give Harris time to exit the race. But GOP efforts to persuade other Republicans to compete in the Sept. 5 primary have been unsuccessful.

The governor said he has not been asked by anyone in Washington or the Republican Party to intervene.

FORD
04-09-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't understand why they're even bothering to run anyone for the seat. Bill Nelson votes the neocon agenda 92% of the time anyway.

NightProwler
04-09-2006, 12:50 PM
How can anyone in good conscience vote for a bush?

http://www.hereinreality.com/familyvalues.html

Spc. Graner
04-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Both Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris are both great Americans and they are both in my prayers.

I will wear my "Support Our Troops" cockring in their honor.

http://www.admitoneproducts.com/images/support%20our%20troops%20camo%20green%20resized.jp g

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Jeb is LOVED by the people of Florida. If W ran the country half as effectively as Jeb runs his state, W *WOULD* have been able to beocme president in perpetuity. After all, there's no state income tax, they have a solid education system, the state's population and revenues have been GROWING (something that, say, NY state can NOT say) and he has on several issues veered away from his brother's policies.

ODShowtime
04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Jeb is LOVED by the people of Florida. If W ran the country half as effectively as Jeb runs his state, W *WOULD* have been able to beocme president in perpetuity. After all, there's no state income tax, they have a solid education system, the state's population and revenues have been GROWING (something that, say, NY state can NOT say) and he has on several issues veered away from his brother's policies.

I live in FL and I sure as hell don't love jeb.

He can at least speak effectively and hire some decent people. More than I can say for his idiot brother.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-09-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I live in FL and I sure as hell don't love jeb.

He can at least speak effectively and hire some decent people. More than I can say for his idiot brother.

Would you vote for him again for gov/for the candidate he'd endorse?

ODShowtime
04-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I highly doubt it.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime
I highly doubt it.

Are you better off now than you were ten years ago?

(more income, better quality of life, pleased with your healthcare, etc etc)

twonabomber
04-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Are you better off now than you were ten years ago?

(more income, better quality of life, pleased with your healthcare, etc etc)

yeah, but it's due to ten more years of work experience, not because of Chimpy.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
who is talking about w? this is about jeb and his role as governor of fla, where you apparently don't live...

twonabomber
04-09-2006, 04:02 PM
OK, then it's really not because of Jeb.

Nickdfresh
04-09-2006, 04:58 PM

Oh, Jeb caused all that? Somehow I think governing Florida probably isn't that difficult. They didn't have state income taxes before Jeb, and will not have them for sometime after, and the economy is pretty much self-sustaining no matter who's in charge...

I think you're giving him a tad bit too much credit...

And by the way, the education system is a running national joke down there. They are trying to improve things, but it's still far from anywhere near top shelf...

twonabomber
04-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
the economy is pretty much self-sustaining no matter who's in charge...

tourism dollars are a great thing.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
04-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Oh, Jeb caused all that? Somehow I think governing Florida probably isn't that difficult.

This statement is beneath comment.

Nickdfresh
04-09-2006, 09:16 PM
This statement is beneath comment.

Especially when you take it out of context from everything else I said...

In any case, Jeb is responsible for exactly none of the policies you stated as grate about Florida. He's a semi-competent caretaker...

Terry
04-09-2006, 10:23 PM

Jebby isn't loved by everyone in Florida.

State Ed system has run into more than a few snafus with statewide standardized tests and failure rates, real estate prices have had the highest rises in the country and even Jeb has periodically claimed that we may well see a state income tax before long.

He did win re-election handily, though, and is able to string coherent sentences together (I wonder if the guy is adopted at times).

Wouldn't astonish me to see him make a bid for Pres in 2008.

Terry
04-09-2006, 10:23 PM

Jebby isn't loved by everyone in Florida.

State Ed system has run into more than a few snafus with statewide standardized tests and failure rates, real estate prices have had the highest rises in the country and even Jeb has periodically claimed that we may well see a state income tax before long.

He did win re-election handily, though, and is able to string coherent sentences together (I wonder if the guy is adopted at times).

Wouldn't astonish me to see him make a bid for Pres in 2008.

Nickdfresh
04-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Standardization tests are largely bullshit anyways...

I'm not saying that testing has no value, but seriously, you're training kids very narrowly on test taking skills and not real thinking with those things...

And Florida relies very heavily on them I understand...