PDA

View Full Version : I was incuntvenienced by the immigration protest today.

rustoffa
04-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Long story short, I went to this burrito joint for lunch and it was closed. No sign, no nothing. I guess the biggest incuntvenience was the five minutes it took for me to piece together why the fucking place was closed.

There was a Subway right next door, so I opted for a turkey on wheat w/everything, hold the mayo.

I really had my heart set on two spicy chicken soft tacos w/everything.

Those fucking lunch ruining sonofabitches.
:mad:

Flash Bastard
04-10-2006, 10:35 PM
You shoulda busted a cap in someone, yo.

blonddgirl777
04-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
...burrito joint...

The very best!

Ally_Kat
04-10-2006, 11:06 PM
you, too, Rust? F'in protest screwed up my commute to school. Ended up being 40 minutes late to a test. Now I have to go in tomorrow to take it. I'm not a happy camper. Then it took me an hour and half to get home, standing all the way, because they crammed into all the seats.

rustoffa
04-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
You shoulda busted a cap in someone, yo.

Conflict and irony right there.

Nobody home @ the burrito joint? Just shoot the sandwich-craftin' fucker from Guam.
:dork: :gun:

sadaist
04-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm. If all the illegal immigrants are holding a rally, wouldn't that make the INS's job that much easier? Just cast a big shrimping net around 'em and start cinching it up.

rustoffa
04-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
you, too, Rust? F'in protest screwed up my commute to school. Ended up being 40 minutes late to a test. Now I have to go in tomorrow to take it. I'm not a happy camper. Then it took me an hour and half to get home, standing all the way, because they crammed into all the seats.

Your deal is way more annoying than mine. This guy I work with had to navigate the march in Chambodia to get to work. He was mumbling stuff about wanting to throw monopoly money out of a helicopter over it.
:D

Flash Bastard
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Conflict and irony right there.

That's what sells bro.

Oakland justice.

Flash Bastard
04-10-2006, 11:24 PM
We had an immigration protest here too yesterday.... after about 30 minutes of marching a flea market broke out.

I picked up 3 pairs of Nikes for 17 dollars.

Flash Bastard
04-10-2006, 11:28 PM
I'm not a racist, BTW. I despise white people though.

FORD
04-11-2006, 01:09 AM
What cracks me up is that you were shocked to find a Burrito joint closed. ;)

Actually the best burrito place around here used to be owned and operated by Evergreeners.

You could get em Vegan style or with any kind of meat you wanted. refried or black beans. regular or brown rice, any kind of tortilla imaginable and sauces ranging from the mild pico de gallo to the extreme habanero.

The joint was called "Burrito Heaven, and the name fit. And eventually they even opened a little tequila bar in back.

I was disappointed to find them closed up a couple months ago. Taco Del Mar makes burritos with a lot of the same ingredients, but it's just not the same :(

Support your local burrito joints! Illegals or not....it beats the fuck out of Taco Bell!

Flash Bastard
04-11-2006, 01:17 AM
A Burrito Valhalla?

Wait a minute.... there's a franchisable idea.

ODShowtime
04-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Long story short, I went to this burrito joint for lunch and it was closed. No sign, no nothing. I guess the biggest incuntvenience was the five minutes it took for me to piece together why the fucking place was closed.

Unacceptable.

ODShowtime
04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
They had a demonstration in Harrisburg of all places. Man I bet people's lawns are all fucked up today.

Lebanon, that's where they all live...

rustoffa
04-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by FORD
You could get em Vegan style or with any kind of meat you wanted. refried or black beans. regular or brown rice, any kind of tortilla imaginable and sauces ranging from the mild pico de gallo to the extreme habanero.

Support your local burrito joints! Illegals or not....it beats the fuck out of Taco Bell!

The place I was referring to is very similair. I went by today to voice my grievance AFTER I got my food. I was like "El vacacion yesterday por favor?" The dude was like, "naw, we took the day off." I went, "well, while you were throwing your fiesta, I had to eat a shitty sandwich." He said some shit about the Samoan dude being a good guy, and I went, "yeah, they can't exactly swim over here." Much to my surprise, he cracked the fuck up. I still ain't gonna go back for awhile.

Flash Bastard
04-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Any of you guys have a Chipotle Mexican Grill in your region?

It's much like the place FORD described... it's fucking killer.

I eat there about 5 times a week, no more Toxic Bell for me.

Ally_Kat
04-11-2006, 10:34 PM

A-fuckin'-men!

There's a place here called A Taste of Taco and it's one of those Mexican joints that does Tex-Mex, Chinese, AND pizza. The pizza is crappy, but the rest is to die for and these HUGE tacos are only a dollar. Plus, how could you go wrong with the name A Taste of Taco?!

And you don't want to get me started on the wonderful lady who is either in front of my train station or in Union Square with her delicious churros. She somehow makes an HUGE shopping cart full and is able to sell them before the afternoon comes.

DeadOrAlive
04-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah Chipotle is good, and doesn't really cost too much either. Their places are weird though, look industrial and stuff.

Jesus Christ
04-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Burrito Heaven?

I liketh that name :)

FORD
04-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Flash Bastard
Any of you guys have a Chipotle Mexican Grill in your region?

It's much like the place FORD described... it's fucking killer.

I eat there about 5 times a week, no more Toxic Bell for me.

Looks like there are Chipotle's north and south of here, but none in the immediate vicinity yet. Wouldn't be surprised if one turns up here within a year or so though.

I'm looking at their website now, and they seem to have some good ideas compared to a typical fast food chain.

Definitely will give this place a shot at the next opportunity.

FORD
04-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ally_Kat
A-fuckin'-men!

There's a place here called A Taste of Taco and it's one of those Mexican joints that does Tex-Mex, Chinese, AND pizza. The pizza is crappy, but the rest is to die for and these HUGE tacos are only a dollar. Plus, how could you go wrong with the name A Taste of Taco?!

And you don't want to get me started on the wonderful lady who is either in front of my train station or in Union Square with her delicious churros. She somehow makes an HUGE shopping cart full and is able to sell them before the afternoon comes.

Yeah, there's this mobile Mexican food van that parks in a few different places around town that's supposed to be the real deal, but it seems like every time I remember to look for it, they have moved it again. Don't know if they're on a regular schedule or just random. I'll track em down eventually. I know that the local Mexican population buys from them, and that's always a good sign for authenticity. You don't see too many Mexicans eating at Taco Bell. Or Chinese at Panda Express, for that matter.

Coyote
04-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Goddammit, you guys! Now I want a taco. AND NOTHING'S OPEN AT THIS HOUR!! :mad:

:D

bueno bob
04-13-2006, 05:59 AM
Actually, they were really cool in the town I happened to be in at the time...just stood off to the side of the street and held their signs, waved their flags...whatever...nothing closed at all.

Worked out OK for me.

DeadOrAlive
04-13-2006, 07:14 PM
What cracks me up is that you were shocked to find a Burrito joint closed. ;)

Actually the best burrito place around here used to be owned and operated by Evergreeners.

The joint was called "Burrito Heaven, and the name fit. And eventually they even opened a little tequila bar in back.

I was disappointed to find them closed up a couple months ago. Taco Del Mar makes burritos with a lot of the same ingredients, but it's just not the same :(

Yeah the crap shacks are usually the best

rustoffa
04-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Fish tacos?

Discuss.