PDA

View Full Version : Bulletboys

BrownSound1
04-15-2004, 11:13 AM
A friend of mine that I work with and myself were talking about the state of rock today, and out of nowhere he says, "What we need is more bands like...the Bulletboys." We both laughed, but we actually agreed. I actually dug the Bulletboys, even though they borrowed HEAVILY from Van Halen.

My buddy had their first album and burned me a copy of it. I've been listening to it constantly. LOL Smooth Up in Ya, Kissin' Kitty, etc., are all classic Cock Rock tunes. My favorite has to be their cover of "For The Love of Money." I think this is one of the best covers I've ever heard a band do, and in my opinion the best version of this song. (No disrespect to the O'Jays...their version kicks major ass as well.)

Anyone else out there dig this band?

WACF
04-15-2004, 11:18 AM
"For The Love of Money" is one of my favorite's from them.

Have not listened to them in years....time to dig out the cassettes again!
I'll be feelin' old again in no time!

High Life Man
04-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by WACF
"For The Love of Money" is one of my favorite's from them.

Have not listened to them in years....time to dig out the cassettes again!

They play that song a lot on the satellite radio station at the gym I lift weights at. I never realized it was the BB that covered it.

Didn't they do "Smooth Up In Ya" too?

WACF
04-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah..."Smooth up in ya" was their big one I think.

Dug out the ole cassettes....Forgot all about "Hang on St. Christopher"...

Oh it will be a fun day.

ALinChainz
04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Brownsound1
A friend of mine that I work with and myself were talking about the state of rock today, and out of nowhere he says, "What we need is more bands like...the Bulletboys." We both laughed, but we actually agreed. I actually dug the Bulletboys, even though they borrowed HEAVILY from Van Halen.

My buddy had their first album and burned me a copy of it. I've been listening to it constantly. LOL Smooth Up in Ya, Kissin' Kitty, etc., are all classic Cock Rock tunes. My favorite has to be their cover of "For The Love of Money." I think this is one of the best covers I've ever heard a band do, and in my opinion the best version of this song. (No disrespect to the O'Jays...their version kicks major ass as well.)

Anyone else out there dig this band?

Absolutely. That self titled disc has never left my changer.

Their cover of For the Love of Money is killer IMO.

Hard as a Rock, Kissin' Kitty, Ode To Joe, and of course, Smooth Up In Ya.

Really didn't like much of their stuff after that first album.

Apollo
04-16-2004, 11:42 AM
I remember the Bulleboys. I saw them live once (I think).
Well I remember the name but I cant really remember their music much. :p

At least there their tape was floating around sometime...

Wow thats so long ago. Cant believe anybody even still remembers them LOL